PDA

View Full Version : I'm heading to south Texas....

Cam
01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
for my in-laws 65th anniversary!!......Anybody need anything?....Tortillas, tamales, AK-47's, drugs from across the border pharmacy, a seashell from Padre, liquor...etc...etc.???....:wave:

Scoop27
01-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes-Some Ambien

Scoop27
01-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Either 10 MG regular Ambien or 12.3 MG Ambien CR
I will gladly appreciate it

MUSTANG69
01-17-2014, 01:45 PM
for my in-laws 65th anniversary!!......Anybody need anything?....Tortillas, tamales, AK-47's, drugs from across the border pharmacy, a seashell from Padre, liquor...etc...etc.???....:wave:

Bring lots of trash bags. That way you can pick up all the litter that now is a part of our roadside beauty down here.

44INAROW
01-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Be careful.... you go down 281 or 77?

Tejastrue
01-17-2014, 03:34 PM
You can bring Salma Hayek back with you when you make that special trip through Wimberley to drop off the gift basket from the cartel. :wave:

mwrams
01-17-2014, 04:51 PM
You can bring Salma Hayek back with you when you make that special trip through Wimberley to drop off the gift basket from the cartel. :wave:

I'm a lost caucasian living in Harlingen. Its not that bad down here...Why do you say be careful on 281 or 77...Just be wary of the speedtraps in Driscoll & Falfurrias. They are dishonest and will write you a ticket in a heartbeat! Best bet is to stay on 37 to 281 then exit over to Kingsville then south on 77. The Hwy between Raymondille & Harlingen is now ready so its smooth sailing....Watch for the Combs PD right north of Harlingen. Now if your going to the Island...Stay below the Speed limit in Los Fresnos.... They will pull you over in a new york second....

panfan
01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Oh crap there goes the neighborhood.

44INAROW
01-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm a lost caucasian living in Harlingen. Its not that bad down here...Why do you say be careful on 281 or 77...Just be wary of the speedtraps in Driscoll & Falfurrias. They are dishonest and will write you a ticket in a heartbeat! Best bet is to stay on 37 to 281 then exit over to Kingsville then south on 77. The Hwy between Raymondille & Harlingen is now ready so its smooth sailing....Watch for the Combs PD right north of Harlingen. Now if your going to the Island...Stay below the Speed limit in Los Fresnos.... They will pull you over in a new york second....

I was just saying 'be careful' in general.... then asked which way he was going - didn't mean anything by it. we usually go 77 but my good friend goes 281 - just wondering that's all - jeeez it's been ages since we went down that way - no further than Kingsville I guess - Regional golf tourney in 2004 and 2005 .. where has the time gone!

BwdLion73
01-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Cam...you do understand that Scoop is not kidding...:)

panfan
01-21-2014, 08:47 AM

How was south Texas? Didn't read about any international incidents, so I'm thinking the family kept you busy and away from the border!!!

1st and goal
01-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Didn't they just announce another alert not to cross the border, especially with any team colors on? Even Burnet green.

Cam
01-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Either 10 MG regular Ambien or 12.3 MG Ambien CR
I will gladly appreciate it

sorry scoop...my plans to cross over got messed up.....heard there was long lines anyways due to longer waits.....if you want to sleep better, try some melatonin and get in the habit of drinking chamomile tea at night.....this tea actually tastes good and it works!....go to a health food store and ask someone who knows his/her stuff....ask about Valerian too. My co-worker swears by that stuff for imsomnia......keep us posted!

Cam
01-21-2014, 08:21 PM

....:eek:

Cam
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Be careful.... you go down 281 or 77?

i did 281 both ways.....traffic was heavier than I expected but not terrible....lots of DPS.....the only bad thing that happened was I hit a pair mating moths in mid-flight on Friday night!!......guess they wanted to go out with a bang!!.......

Cam
01-21-2014, 08:36 PM
How was south Texas? Didn't read about any international incidents, so I'm thinking the family kept you busy and away from the border!!!

It was good! Ate too much!....with the in-laws 8 siblings and all their families, it was pretty crazy......but my brother-in-law gets my vote for "crazy dude in church"....Here's what happened:
A special church ceremony was given to my in-laws. During one prayer, everybody raised their right hand....suddenly, I heard my brother-in-law blurt out, "heil Hitler!"..:doh:.....He got a few stares...don't think he realized how loud he said it!!!.....then about 5 minutes later, he rushed out of the church!....I looked back. He was just outside the entrance.....When we asked him what was wrong, he said he had to pass gas really bad causing him to bolt!!!.....thank goodness for that!!!......that boy is rotten inside!!!.......and you're right panfan, I was about 10 miles from the border so the bad guys didn't get a "crack" at me.......

Cam
01-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Didn't they just announce another alert not to cross the border, especially with any team colors on? Even Burnet green.

I wasn't aware of that 1st.....then again, I never pay attention......glad I didn't cross....I did wear my green Burnet Bulldog hoodie on Saturday when I took my boy to Academy Sports in Edinburg...we were just killin' some time.....but while we were there, some dude did ask, "Hey ese, what's a Burnet holmes?"......