PDA

View Full Version : Mock NFL drive has Manziel going to Houston Texans

Scoop27
01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/01/kipers-early-draft-board-way-high-on-manziel-matthews/?cmpid=hpfc#19488101=0

1st and goal
01-15-2014, 06:36 PM
I wonder if they are going to do a consensus of the fans with a poll?

I wonder what the new coach wants?

Saggy Aggie
01-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Crazy talk. Manziel isn't an NFL qb, right hookandladder?

bobcat1
01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Sccop Scoop Scoop. Still thinking about that driving exam. It's a mock draft not drive. :p

hookandladder
01-16-2014, 07:19 AM

RG III was a lock two years ago and looked what happened to him this year, I have agreed with just about everyone else that Manziel is a freak at the college level. The question is can he play that way at the next level, I have my doubt's that he can but I have no problem admitting if I am wrong unlike your some ignorant fans. Wink, Wink.

Old Tiger
01-16-2014, 07:34 AM

xfl .

msu97
01-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Mel Kiper... yeah, this is the same game that said the Colts were stupid for drafting marshall faulk...

the Texans have that same qb in Case Keenum...
they will take either Clowney or Matthews... no qb for the Texans in the first round... and if they do, it will be Bridgewater

Crow22
01-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Mel Kiper... yeah, this is the same game that said the Colts were stupid for drafting marshall faulk...

the Texans have that same qb in Case Keenum...
they will take either Clowney or Matthews... no qb for the Texans in the first round... and if they do, it will be Bridgewater

Ok...I can't help it msu97...I don't care who the Texans draft because I'm a Cowboys fan...but if Texan fans believe that Case Keenum is the answer then they're completely "H-town" delusional.

msu97
01-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Ok...I can't help it msu97...I don't care who the Texans draft because I'm a Cowboys fan...but if Texan fans believe that Case Keenum is the answer then they're completely "H-town" delusional.

exactly... I feel the same way about Manziel... put up phenomenal numbers in Sumlin's system, undersized, average arm... athletic, same guy...

it is like people thinking Manziel is the answer... athletic qbs have to learn to play in the NFL... they have success for one year, then they struggle... unless they have a team that has a dominant oline and defense...which is why Wilson and Kapernick have had success... RGIII, VY, Vick, Newton... all had struggles their 2nd year... Newton has somewhat responded in his 3rd year... Luck had success right off the bat because he was a pocket passer and learned under Harbaugh...
I am hoping that the Texans are only kicking this idea around to hope someone trades the farm, but there are too many other good qbs out there when your glaring need is oline, which Matthews or the kid from Auburn are clearly the best, solidify the dline with Clowney( which I will admit is as much of a risk as Manziel, but maybe being around Watt, Cushing, etc, he will learn to work) and then your defense is very formidable, and you can get Mettenberger or Murray in the 3rd round...

coach
01-16-2014, 10:11 AM
exactly... I feel the same way about Manziel... put up phenomenal numbers in Sumlin's system, undersized, average arm... athletic, same guy...

it is like people thinking Manziel is the answer... athletic qbs have to learn to play in the NFL... they have success for one year, then they struggle... unless they have a team that has a dominant oline and defense...which is why Wilson and Kapernick have had success... RGIII, VY, Vick, Newton... all had struggles their 2nd year... Newton has somewhat responded in his 3rd year... Luck had success right off the bat because he was a pocket passer and learned under Harbaugh...
I am hoping that the Texans are only kicking this idea around to hope someone trades the farm, but there are too many other good qbs out there when your glaring need is oline, which Matthews or the kid from Auburn are clearly the best, solidify the dline with Clowney( which I will admit is as much of a risk as Manziel, but maybe being around Watt, Cushing, etc, he will learn to work) and then your defense is very formidable, and you can get Mettenberger or Murray in the 3rd round...

If you think Case Keenum is the same guy as Johnny Manziel then you are a complete dumbass...

Crow22
01-16-2014, 10:27 AM

I was with you until you said Manziel and Keenum are the same guy. I respectfully DISAGREE. Manziel is the real deal. I realize, especially coming from UT fans, that Manziel will be considered too small, too much of a run around risk taker, etc. I think the thing that separates him is his arm strength and accuracy. You cannot debate that he's incredibly accurate. 68.9 percent completion rate in a pass first offense is not a fluke. He doesn't just throw the ball short either. MANY of his throws are deep and down the field. Does he run around crazily? Yep. But he almost ALWAYS is looking to pass when he escapes the pocket. Will he be able to run AS crazily as he has at the next level? Nope. But saying that he "can't be an NFL Qb" is both short-sided and blinded by hatred for his antics off (and on) the field.

I believe, and I could easily be wrong, that Manziel will be an incredibly successful QB. If he's not, I will gladly come on here and eat my share of fried crow.

And again, I'm not and Aggie apologist.

1st and goal
01-16-2014, 10:45 AM
RG III was a lock two years ago and looked what happened to him this year, I have agreed with just about everyone else that Manziel is a freak at the college level. The question is can he play that way at the next level, I have my doubt's that he can but I have no problem admitting if I am wrong unlike your some ignorant fans. Wink, Wink.

ah hum....I don't recall you ever admitting you're wrong. If you did, please point me to the post.

1st and goal
01-16-2014, 11:10 AM
No comparison between JF and Keenum. JF has those magic eyes in the back of his head. He could be the best medicine for a weak O line, but even better if he has a great Oline. All NFL QB's get hurt sooner or later, whether scrambling or pocket passer. Even Rothlishamburger and that guy in Denver who likes a Bud light. Keenum is good, and a good backup QB, but no comparo compadre.
I think with Wilson and Kaepernick, the trend is having a mobile, FAST, QB.

I think Crow diagnosed it well, that it is mad UT fans that are still having trouble coping with reality. :)

Saggy Aggie
01-16-2014, 11:29 AM
If you think Case Keenum is the same guy as Johnny Manziel then you are a complete dumbass...

Lol pretty much what I was thinking.

Old Tiger
01-16-2014, 12:39 PM
all white people look alike

caleb_mccaig
01-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Lol pretty much what I was thinking.

As much as I hate the Texans I hope they get Johnny, it would be awesome for him to stay in Texas. Don't know how J.J. Watt will feel after implying he wants them to take Clowney though.

Saggy Aggie
01-16-2014, 01:21 PM
He'll probably be happy once Johnny starts putting Ws up.

GrTigers6
01-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Johnny Manziel will be the next Johnny Unitas! :D

hookandladder
01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
ah hum....I don't recall you ever admitting you're wrong. If you did, please point me to the post.

Of all sinking people and you being from Giddings, should know better however pretty sure Giddings fans like you are always right. I give credit when credit is due, make no bones about it.

msu97
01-16-2014, 03:43 PM
I was with you until you said Manziel and Keenum are the same guy. I respectfully DISAGREE. Manziel is the real deal. I realize, especially coming from UT fans, that Manziel will be considered too small, too much of a run around risk taker, etc. I think the thing that separates him is his arm strength and accuracy. You cannot debate that he's incredibly accurate. 68.9 percent completion rate in a pass first offense is not a fluke. He doesn't just throw the ball short either. MANY of his throws are deep and down the field. Does he run around crazily? Yep. But he almost ALWAYS is looking to pass when he escapes the pocket. Will he be able to run AS crazily as he has at the next level? Nope. But saying that he "can't be an NFL Qb" is both short-sided and blinded by hatred for his antics off (and on) the field.

I believe, and I could easily be wrong, that Manziel will be an incredibly successful QB. If he's not, I will gladly come on here and eat my share of fried crow.

And again, I'm not and Aggie apologist.

and I am not a longhorn fan... Oscar Giles and I are great friends so I root for him, but now I will root for whomever hires him... and I also pulled for DJ and Quandre... dont confuse pulling for friends and kids as being a fan...I have been an LSU fan for as long as I can remember...

Case Keenum put up phenomenal numbers... so how are they different? only because one played at ATM? Keenum ran the ball, put up ungodly numbers, and let UH to great seasons... in SUmlins offense... same size, build... Tebow was fascinating to watch as well, so was VY... so I have reasons to have my doubts on Manziel... and I never said he would not be an NFL qb... he will struggle... if he pulls a VY and thinks it is a 9-5 job then he will not be around long... if he learns how to be a professional qb and put in the work, like Wilson has, then he will be good...
I just do not see what makes him the #1 overall pick when Matthews, the tackle from Auburn and Clowney are better and the first two fill in the most glaring need the Texans have, oline... if they do not fix that oline then the Texans might as well run Schaub back at qb since they will get killed anyway...
call me a dumbass, call me dillusional... really do not care what most people think... never been a priority of mine... but this is my honest opinion... Bridgewater is not the answer either, but would be better at first... which is why I think Mettenberger is the pick... learned from Cam Cameron this past year at LSU so he knows how to be an NFL qb...

caleb_mccaig
01-16-2014, 04:09 PM
and I am not a longhorn fan... Oscar Giles and I are great friends so I root for him, but now I will root for whomever hires him... and I also pulled for DJ and Quandre... dont confuse pulling for friends and kids as being a fan...I have been an LSU fan for as long as I can remember...

Case Keenum put up phenomenal numbers... so how are they different? only because one played at ATM? Keenum ran the ball, put up ungodly numbers, and let UH to great seasons... in SUmlins offense... same size, build... Tebow was fascinating to watch as well, so was VY... so I have reasons to have my doubts on Manziel... and I never said he would not be an NFL qb... he will struggle... if he pulls a VY and thinks it is a 9-5 job then he will not be around long... if he learns how to be a professional qb and put in the work, like Wilson has, then he will be good...
I just do not see what makes him the #1 overall pick when Matthews, the tackle from Auburn and Clowney are better and the first two fill in the most glaring need the Texans have, oline... if they do not fix that oline then the Texans might as well run Schaub back at qb since they will get killed anyway...
call me a dumbass, call me dillusional... really do not care what most people think... never been a priority of mine... but this is my honest opinion... Bridgewater is not the answer either, but would be better at first... which is why I think Mettenberger is the pick... learned from Cam Cameron this past year at LSU so he knows how to be an NFL qb...

Coming from another LSU fan, I think Mettenberger, had he not been injured, has the biggest upside of any quarterback in the draft. Huge arm and still hasn't reached his potential. They let him throw more obviously this past year and he really impressed me. I think the injury is obviously what's scaring people off but whoever gets him will get a quality quarterback in my opinion. I would really like to see him behind a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers or maybe even a Tony Romo. I don't think he would have success early but if he gets put in a situation to take over a starting role 2-4 years down the line I think he would be set up for success.

Saggy Aggie
01-16-2014, 09:26 PM

So the admitted LSU fan thinks mettenberger would be the best pick. Okay...

If he becomes a better nfl qb than Manziel I'll just stop talking about football.

YTBulldogs
01-16-2014, 10:26 PM

If he becomes a better nfl qb than Manziel I'll just stop talking about football.

Texans issues IMO isn't at the QB position. I'd take a QB, but--it would be around the 5th round and get someone like A.J. McCarron, who's proven he can run a pro style offense and has been a winner in the biggest of games 90+% of the time.

Old Tiger
01-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Red Lightening is who the Texans should select 1st overall.

Roughneck93
01-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Red Lightening is who the Texans should select 1st overall.

Impressive....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBbCgTPs8mk&sns=em

BB BULLS
01-17-2014, 07:22 AM
it will be good for Houston real estate not only will Johnny buy a place here so will mommy and daddy Manziel.

msu97
01-17-2014, 07:59 AM

typical of you... only read what you want to read... Mettenberger is not a first round pick... that I made clear by stating the Texans need to pick Clowney or Matthews with the first pick... I am typing slower so you can follow... if they do take a qb with the first pick, Bridgewater would be the best pick... so thinking or hoping that they take a qb in the 3rd or 4th round, Mettenberger is the pick... or McCarron... does that make your "how dare you talk bad about an Aggie" self better... just wondering... and as far as qb development... I will take Cam Cameron over Sumlin any day...
it is funny how people like both sides... an undersized qb under Sumlin who plays hard, makes plays, and just finds a way and had great success is not the answer, as long as his name is Keenum and not Manziel....

msu97
01-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Coming from another LSU fan, I think Mettenberger, had he not been injured, has the biggest upside of any quarterback in the draft. Huge arm and still hasn't reached his potential. They let him throw more obviously this past year and he really impressed me. I think the injury is obviously what's scaring people off but whoever gets him will get a quality quarterback in my opinion. I would really like to see him behind a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers or maybe even a Tony Romo. I don't think he would have success early but if he gets put in a situation to take over a starting role 2-4 years down the line I think he would be set up for success.

agreed... which is why I do not think the Texans need to draft a qb #1, especially when they have other needs... get Matthews and you shore up the oline... the run game becomes better which helps the passing game... if not Keenum at qb, go get Jason Campbell for two years... which allows a Mettenberger or a McCarron to develop while the team still improves... same thing with drafting Clowney... your team still improves tremendously... and if OBrien is a qb guru, then this is definitely the better plan

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 08:56 AM
agreed... which is why I do not think the Texans need to draft a qb #1, especially when they have other needs... get Matthews and you shore up the oline... the run game becomes better which helps the passing game... if not Keenum at qb, go get Jason Campbell for two years... which allows a Mettenberger or a McCarron to develop while the team still improves... same thing with drafting Clowney... your team still improves tremendously... and if OBrien is a qb guru, then this is definitely the better plan

I was very impressed with Mettenberger's arm strenght this year, he reminds me of Cutler. I think Mettenberger has the making to be a real solid NFL QB , definitely needs a couple years of grooming but a great upside.I think the Texans would be a great fit for him.

Crow22
01-17-2014, 09:13 AM
I was very impressed with Mettenberger's arm strenght this year, he reminds me of Cutler. I think Mettenberger has the making to be a real solid NFL QB , definitely needs a couple years of grooming but a great upside.I think the Texans would be a great fit for him.

I realize the OL definitely needs help but are you telling me that you HONESTLY believe that QB is not the NUMBER ONE NEED for the Texans? In today's NFL, you cannot win without a competent QB....and they do NOT have a competent QB. I think the best thing for them to do would be trade down to about #4 or #5 and take either Manziel or Bridgewater or even Bortles. They can pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick in the process and fill those slots with good linemen prospects.

Macarthur
01-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Case Keenum put up phenomenal numbers... so how are they different? ..

Really?

msu97
01-17-2014, 11:40 AM
I realize the OL definitely needs help but are you telling me that you HONESTLY believe that QB is not the NUMBER ONE NEED for the Texans? In today's NFL, you cannot win without a competent QB....and they do NOT have a competent QB. I think the best thing for them to do would be trade down to about #4 or #5 and take either Manziel or Bridgewater or even Bortles. They can pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick in the process and fill those slots with good linemen prospects.

so what you are telling me is that those 3 are the only competent qb's in the draft?
McCarron is not competent? Mettenberger is not competent? Wilson and Kapernick are not outstanding qb's... they are game managers for teams that are very physical... much like Eli, Flacco, Dilfer, Brad Johnson... you do not have to be elite to win a super bowl... I think that Clowney, Matthews and the kid from Auburn transcend their position... Manziel does not redefine the qb position...

msu97
01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Really?

yeah, really...
it shows how slanted and confused some of you are... what is the difference?
remember how all the Florida qbs came out and people said they were only good in college because they were part of a "system"... well Keenum and Manziel are from the same system... both won a lot of games in college... ohhhh... it is because one played in the SEC so he has to be the best... like Tebow right?

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 11:44 AM

I am just saying I think Mettenberger and McCarron are both going to be the best two QB's out of this years draft in the long haul, both are big strong good looking players that will be solid Pocket passers. Just do not think Manziel will be as effected in the NFL as he was in college, NFL defenses are just not going to let him run around all day to extend plays. Also with his size , just do not think he can play the way he did in college. Time will tell, he will definitely compete well every play but can his body hold up. Every player in the NFL is as good or better then any player he has ever faced on defense , their are some small QB's in NFL like Brees however he is still a Pocket passer.

Crow22
01-17-2014, 12:01 PM
so what you are telling me is that those 3 are the only competent qb's in the draft?
McCarron is not competent? Mettenberger is not competent? Wilson and Kapernick are not outstanding qb's... they are game managers for teams that are very physical... much like Eli, Flacco, Dilfer, Brad Johnson... you do not have to be elite to win a super bowl... I think that Clowney, Matthews and the kid from Auburn transcend their position... Manziel does not redefine the qb position...

I just completely disagree that Wilson and Kaepernick are not outstanding Qb's.

Macarthur
01-17-2014, 12:07 PM
yeah, really...
remember how all the Florida qbs came out and people said they were only good in college because they were part of a "system"... well Keenum and Manziel are from the same system... both won a lot of games in college... ohhhh... it is because one played in the SEC so he has to be the best... like Tebow right?

When people use Tebow and Manziel in the same discussion, they get a big tune out by me. Later.

Cam
01-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Or they could always pick Romo's little bro QB from Eastern Illinois....although he's changed his name from Jimmy Romo to Jimmy Garoppolo to help improve his draft stock!!!.....least that's what I heard!...Actually, I'm hearing this kid might be pretty good in the later rounds or free agent pickup......

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/571/nsfz.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/fvnsfzj)

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
I just completely disagree that Wilson and Kaepernick are not outstanding Qb's.

Both QB's play are very solid teams offense and defense, Wilson does a good job of managing the game and limits mistakes. Check his passing numbers, not very impressive but makes few mistakes. Kaepernick is pretty much same story, plays are a solidid team. Both of these QB's would not be nearly as successful on average teams, much easier to play QB on a team with a great defense. Just ask old Tony Romo.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 12:56 PM

LOL, Cutler is the most overrated QB in the NFL, besides maybe Phillip Rivers... Cutler sucks.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 12:59 PM
yeah, really...

You lose all credibility when you compare Manziel to Tebow.

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 02:09 PM
You lose all credibility when you compare Manziel to Tebow.

Only because you are ate up atm, and atm still suck.

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 02:10 PM
LOL, Cutler is the most overrated QB in the NFL, besides maybe Phillip Rivers... Cutler sucks.

Your knowledge is so deeeep, like the sec.

coach
01-17-2014, 02:31 PM
I am flaberassed that somebody is actually comparing Case Kenum to Johnny Football....

He broke the all time sec offensive single season record in 2 less games than Cam Newton.....

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Only because you are ate up atm, and atm still suck.

You honestly think Tebow and Manziel belong in the same conversation? If so, you're just a complete idiot.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 04:41 PM
I am flaberassed that somebody is actually comparing Case Kenum to Johnny Football....

He broke the all time sec offensive single season record in 2 less games than Cam Newton.....

This thread is full of stupid. smfh

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 06:45 PM
You honestly think Tebow and Manziel belong in the same conversation? If so, you're just a complete idiot.

Saggy , you are the biggest suck ass aggie I have ever seen. Get a freaking life.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Saggy , you are the biggest suck ass aggie I have ever seen. Get a freaking life.

Lol, you're just so blinded by your hatred or jealousy or whatever that you honestly think Manziel is comparable to tebow. You are literally too stupid to argue with. You don't have any argument other than 'A&M sucks'... I now understand why your son went to Blinn -_____-

Snotbubbles
01-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Saggy , you are the biggest I have ever seen.

Was wondering how she got the name, saggy.

YTBulldogs
01-17-2014, 07:21 PM

:1omg!::spitlol:

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 08:06 PM

Saggy is just a nerd *******, plain and simple with no life.

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Lol, you're just so blinded by your hatred or jealousy or whatever that you honestly think Manziel is comparable to tebow. You are literally too stupid to argue with. You don't have any argument other than 'A&M sucks'... I now understand why your son went to Blinn -_____-

Saggy , you and I can talk **** all in fun but when you bring my son into it that is personally. You know exactly who I am, if you want to talk **** about him just PM me , we can meet. Any time , any place.

YTBulldogs
01-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Saggy , you and I can talk **** all in fun but when you bring my son into it that is personally. You know exactly who I am, if you want to talk **** about him just PM me , we can meet. Any time , any place.

Wondering why Logan would be mentioned in this myself. Low blow SA.:dispntd:

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 08:37 PM

Haha Internet tough guys.

Ya know what they say, if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

You like to take shots at people but you don't like it when they respond with something that digs deep. Imagine that.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2014, 08:38 PM

You like to take shots at people but you don't like it when they respond with something that digs deep. Imagine that.

dude you went a little far on this one

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 08:41 PM
dude you went a little far on this one

dont care

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 08:42 PM

Saggy , you can dig as deep as you want with me but when you talk about my son you getting to personal . You are a low scum, just what I thought.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Saggy , you can dig as deep as you want with me but when you talk about my son you getting to personal . You are a low scum, just what I thought.

haha whatever man.

Excuse me while i get offended by what some moron on a message board says about me. brb

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 09:57 PM
haha whatever man.

Excuse me while i get offended by what some moron on a message board says about me. brb

You would if you had balls to man up.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2014, 10:00 PM
dont care

Then that is sad..thought more of you

Snotbubbles
01-17-2014, 10:02 PM
A spoiled brat, on momma and daddy's dime.

hookandladder
01-17-2014, 10:26 PM

Not exactly sure where you were going on your comment however my son was one of only two players on the football team with a 4.0 , please show us more of your ignorance.

Saggy Aggie
01-18-2014, 08:57 AM
A spoiled brat, on momma and daddy's dime.

Haha what?

PLEASE tell me you're talking about me cuz that would be the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Hopefully you're just talking about manziel...

Saggy Aggie
01-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Not exactly sure where you were going on your comment however my son was one of only two players on the football team with a 4.0 , please show us more of your ignorance.

I'm impressed!

1st and goal
01-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Of all sinking people and you being from Giddings, should know better however pretty sure Giddings fans like you are always right. I give credit when credit is due, make no bones about it.
That is 1 thing you are right about. That we are always right. Good thing you know that. :)

While I don't condone personal attacks, I've got to say Hook, your post your share of flagrant posts and you started it with your jabs at Saggy and aggie suck stuff.

As far as QB's are concerned, You might end up being right, but the current super bowl will be a litmus test for pocket passers vs. scramblers. I just watched Kaefernick improvise a 50 yard gain on a scramble. Ultimately the NFL draft will tell us what the teams think.

icu812
01-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Opinions in this thread are mostly way over the top bs.

I've seen a comment saying Phillip Rivers is over-rated. Rivers had the best season of any NFL QB not named Manning. He's probably under-rated.

I've seen Manziel compared to Tebow. Other than they both played QB for an SEC team I don't see it. I think coming out of college Manziel compares favorably with R.Wilson. Knowing what we know about R.Wilson if he was in this years draft would the Texans pass on him in the 1st?

duckhunter
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
What a delightful thread to follow...

Saggy Aggie
01-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Opinions in this thread are mostly way over the top bs.

I've seen a comment saying Phillip Rivers is over-rated. Rivers had the best season of any NFL QB not named Manning. He's probably under-rated.

I've seen Manziel compared to Tebow. Other than they both played QB for an SEC team I don't see it. I think coming out of college Manziel compares favorably with R.Wilson. Knowing what we know about R.Wilson if he was in this years draft would the Texans pass on him in the 1st?

Rivers finally had the decent year stat wise people have been expecting his entire career. But he's a worse choke artist than Romo and hadn't done crap up to this point in his career. One good year doesn't fix 5-6 years of suck.

icu812
01-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Rivers finally had the decent year stat wise people have been expecting his entire career. But he's a worse choke artist than Romo and hadn't done crap up to this point in his career. One good year doesn't fix 5-6 years of suck.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Rivers career passer rating is 3rd best of all active NFL QB's and 4th best of all time. He's had 5 seasons with over 4,000 yards passing. He led the league in TD's & QB rating in 2008. Led the league in yards per pass completion 2009. Led the league in passing yards in 2010. Led the league in completion % in 2013. He's led 20 game winning drives. Dudes a 5 time pro-bowler. He has 7 kids by the same woman, his wife. He wears rattlesnake boots and bolo ties.........he's a beast!!

And don't give me the how many rings has he won crap. By that logic Dan Marino sucks and Eli Manning doesn't.

Gone Fishing
01-20-2014, 09:13 PM
This is a tough thread to read for sure. I think the Texans must get a franchise QB no matter how much other needs there are. Any of the top 4 or 5 would be ok with me (no Carr though, already had one) but if I had my pick I would get Manziel. He finally made a believer out of me this second year. Like my son said ( who plays college football) "my new favorite NFL team will be where JM goes". I agree. I'm a Texan fan because I was a bigger Oiler fan for 20 years, but if he doesn't go to Houston I will be tuning in to watch him wherever he is every chance I get and I think many others will be doing the same. There is no way anyone can know for sure which of these 4 or 5 QB's will be the best. Hell there may be one out of the second, third or fourth round kick all their butts. ie. Wilson, Brady, Romo, etc. etc. etc.

Tejastrue
01-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Rivers career passer rating is 3rd best of all active NFL QB's and 4th best of all time. He's had 5 seasons with over 4,000 yards passing. He led the league in TD's & QB rating in 2008. Led the league in yards per pass completion 2009. Led the league in passing yards in 2010. Led the league in completion % in 2013. He's led 20 game winning drives. Dudes a 5 time pro-bowler. He has 7 kids by the same woman, his wife. He wears rattlesnake boots and bolo ties.........he's a beast!!

And don't give me the how many rings has he won crap. By that logic Dan Marino sucks and Eli Manning doesn't.

I like Rivers and like Romo, should have tested the waters elsewhere a long time ago.

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2014, 01:09 AM

Lol you pull one decent stat from each year to make your case.

Career TD/Int ratio? I think he lead the league in turnovers in 2012, or something like that?

Rivers sucks. And apparently he's a redneck with too many kids.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2014, 08:22 AM

Career TD/Int ratio? I think he lead the league in turnovers in 2012, or something like that?

221 TDs 104 INTs

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2014, 08:56 AM
221 TDs 104 INTs

Exactly. Barely more than 2 for his career.

He just had the best year of his career and was 8th or 9th in the league in the most important stat of them all besides Ws.

Like I said, he's decent. But he's far from an elite qb which is what people like to call him. 20 INTs in 2011...

Plus he whines on the sideline after every pick he throws

caleb_mccaig
01-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Exactly. Barely more than 2 for his career.

He just had the best year of his career and was 8th or 9th in the league in the most important stat of them all besides Ws.

Like I said, he's decent. But he's far from an elite qb which is what people like to call him. 20 INTs in 2011...

Plus he whines on the sideline after every pick he throws

Just curious.....would you put Rivers in front of Eli as being a better QB? Eli just threw 27 picks this year and he's won two super bowls in his career but I can say right now that Rivers is the better quarterback IMO. Rivers is just like Romo, hasn't had a great team around him.

Tejastrue
01-21-2014, 11:41 AM
221 TDs 104 INTs

Romo

208 TDs 101 Ints

pancho villa
01-21-2014, 11:49 AM
I see Saggy and Hook are both being true to their nature

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Just curious.....would you put Rivers in front of Eli as being a better QB? Eli just threw 27 picks this year and he's won two super bowls in his career but I can say right now that Rivers is the better quarterback IMO. Rivers is just like Romo, hasn't had a great team around him.

Rivers better qb. Eli was the beneficiary of one of the best DLs in recent memory

icu812
01-21-2014, 02:18 PM

I pulled his career QB rating and some highlights from each year which I think did make my case but if you want career TD/Int ratios here you go:

Payton Manning 491 td - 219 int =2.242
Philip Rivers 221 td - 104 int = 2.125
Drew Brees 363 td - 177 int = 2.0508
Ben Roethlisberger 219 td - 122 int = 1.7951
Brett Favre 508 td - 336 int = 1.5119

Your opinion that Rivers sucks is not supported by the facts. His OL was decimated with injuries in 2011 & 2012 which led to a couple of down years by his standards. But even elite QB's like Rivers struggle when playing without protection in a Norv Turner offense which highlighted down the field passing which takes time to develop. You also said last year was his best year but his 2010 season was better. IMO you just don't like him because you perceive him to be a whiner. I perceive him as a fiery competitor that actually gives a crap about winning. As a fan that is exactly the kind a QB I want on my team and I'd be willing to bet all but a very select few NFL teams would take him over what they currently have at QB.

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I pulled his career QB rating and some highlights from each year which I think did make my case but if you want career TD/Int ratios here you go:

Payton Manning 491 td - 219 int =2.242
Philip Rivers 221 td - 104 int = 2.125
Drew Brees 363 td - 177 int = 2.0508
Ben Roethlisberger 219 td - 122 int = 1.7951
Brett Favre 508 td - 336 int = 1.5119

Your opinion that Rivers sucks is not supported by the facts. His OL was decimated with injuries in 2011 & 2012 which led to a couple of down years by his standards. But even elite QB's like Rivers struggle when playing without protection in a Norv Turner offense which highlighted down the field passing which takes time to develop. You also said last year was his best year but his 2010 season was better. IMO you just don't like him because you perceive him to be a whiner. I perceive him as a fiery competitor that actually gives a crap about winning. As a fan that is exactly the kind a QB I want on my team and I'd be willing to bet all but a very select few NFL teams would take him over what they currently have at QB.

If Those numbers you posted are legit, I'll back off and say I'm wrong.

I find it really hard to believe Ricers has a better ratio than Brees and almost as good as Peyton.

Favre and Roethlisberger are int machines. Not good comparison. I would expect Peyton's to be >3 though.

Like I said, if that's legit, I need to give him more credit.

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2014, 04:41 PM
If Those numbers you posted are legit, I'll back off and say I'm wrong.

I find it really hard to believe Ricers has a better ratio than Brees and almost as good as Peyton.

Favre and Roethlisberger are int machines. Not good comparison. I would expect Peyton's to be >3 though.

Like I said, if that's legit, I need to give him more credit.

I now understand why Peyton's numbers don't make sense to me. His rookie year he threw 28 picks. And the next couple years after that weren't much better. Since I've been old enough to remember him, he's had > 3 TD/int ratio. This season it was 5ish... Makes sense now.

icu812
01-21-2014, 07:31 PM
I now understand why Peyton's numbers don't make sense to me. His rookie year he threw 28 picks. And the next couple years after that weren't much better. Since I've been old enough to remember him, he's had > 3 TD/int ratio. This season it was 5ish... Makes sense now.

Based on at least 1,500 pass attempts no QB in NFL history has a career TD/Int ratio above 3, except Aaron Rogers (3.6). I'm pretty sure every QB has a rookie year but take away Peyton Manning's rookie year and he's still only at 2.43.

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Based on at least 1,500 pass attempts no QB in NFL history has a career TD/Int ratio above 3, except Aaron Rogers (3.6). I'm pretty sure every QB has a rookie year but take away Peyton Manning's rookie year and he's still only at 2.43.

Yeah, I'm just saying since I've been watching Peyton's, last 8 years provably, he has a much better ratio, hence why I couldn't make sense out of 2.2

1st and goal
01-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Board is too quiet.

Texan's would be stupid to pass on Manziel.
:stirpot:

Gone Fishing
01-25-2014, 09:01 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:
Board is too quiet.

:iagree:

Manso/V8
01-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Board is too quiet.

Might as well bring Teblow and VY in for camp too!

1st and goal
01-28-2014, 11:27 AM
http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/reeds_arena/article_72a70f85-c099-5f2b-84ec-79141e78bb80.html

Draft Johnny billboards going up in Houston. :)

Macarthur
01-30-2014, 03:38 PM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/67254668/nfl-prospect-profile-quarterback-johnny-manziel

Here's a good objective article.

1st and goal
01-30-2014, 10:46 PM
For all you JF naysayers (namely UT fans), think about this for a minute about Houston drafting him.

What if he had played for UT for the last 2 years in place of Case McCoy/Ash? How much difference would it have made? Did the rest of the team suck that much that he wouldn't have made a difference? As many of you have blamed Case for their losses. I think he can be the fire the Texans need.

Consider that he could quite possibly do for Houston what he did for A&M. Except that Houston has a better D. (He could have done it for UT if they had had some scouts/coaches then).

I want to see how he does at the combine. I wonder if his speed will actually show on a stopwatch? His speed is usually tied to "side stepping" out of the reach of defenders. I remember his first year the D coach saying he only had 1 guy faster on D than Johnny.

PhiI C
02-10-2014, 10:29 AM
For all you JF naysayers (namely UT fans), think about this for a minute about Houston drafting him.

What if he had played for UT for the last 2 years in place of Case McCoy/Ash? How much difference would it have made? Did the rest of the team suck that much that he wouldn't have made a difference? As many of you have blamed Case for their losses. I think he can be the fire the Texans need.

Consider that he could quite possibly do for Houston what he did for A&M. Except that Houston has a better D. (He could have done it for UT if they had had some scouts/coaches then).

I want to see how he does at the combine. I wonder if his speed will actually show on a stopwatch? His speed is usually tied to "side stepping" out of the reach of defenders. I remember his first year the D coach saying he only had 1 guy faster on D than Johnny.

I hope Houston gets him. I read where Cleveland may be willing to trade up to get him. I hope Houston doesn't take it but won't be surprised if they blow it again.