View Full Version : 2014 Out of District Opponents -Tentative

Rabid Cougar
01-15-2014, 12:58 PM
China Spring's. Not dates set

Cameron
Fairfield
Lorena
Connally
TBD - (Maybe throw in Argyle, Kilgore or Carthage just for good measure).
:1popcorn:

caleb_mccaig
01-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Cameron
Fairfield
Lorena
Connally

Wow, can't believe they're actually scheduling a strong non-district schedule. I don't think we ever played a decent team in non-district other than Rockdale.

Rabid Cougar
01-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Wow, can't believe they're actually scheduling a strong non-district schedule. I don't think we ever played a decent team in non-district other than Rockdale.

Groesbeck '05 -'06, Glen Rose '07. Mexia '09- '10. Brownwood and Liberty Hill '10 - '11. Glen Rose and Alvarado '12 - '13.

There is usually one or two teams every season.

caleb_mccaig
01-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Ok, in the locker room we didn't really consider Glen Rose to be top competition in 2007. Groesbeck in 2006 was a pretty good team, forgot about them.

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2014, 03:11 PM
From a fellow Sweetwater poster ...

Snyder
Andrews
Lubbock High
Breckenridge

A fifth team will be scheduled if necessary

jason
01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Stephenville is playing Anchorage South HS out of Alaska.
Game is Labor Day weekend.
They have an enrollment of about 1700.

More info here http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/01/anchorage-south-to-travel-to-texas-for-high-school-football-game-against-stephenville/

Wonder if any Texas 4a schools will play Stephenville in non-district this go around?

orange machine
01-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Ennis
Denton Ryan
Denton Guyer
Mesquite Poteet
Euless Trinity

jason
01-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Ennis
Denton Ryan
Denton Guyer
Mesquite Poteet
Euless Trinity
celina couldn't beat those schools sub varsity teams

caleb_mccaig
01-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Those Anchorage kids aren't gonna know what to do in this Texas heat!

Yoe_09
01-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Cameron
Fairfield
Lorena
Connally

Well, it appears Cameron will continue to keep one of the 3A Waco area teams on the schedule.....always good competition. Refugio looks like it will be week 4.

Scoop27
01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm sure Wharton will probably play El Campo who will be in Division I. Wish the Tigers would schedule Bay City. Tigers could also play non district against Needville and Sealy

orange machine
01-16-2014, 01:55 AM
celina couldn't beat those schools sub varsity teams

lol good thing I don't make the schedule.

waterboy
01-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Those Anchorage kids aren't gonna know what to do in this Texas heat!

The South head coach says he doesn't think the heat will be a factor because they've played California teams, Auburn Placer in 112 degree heat, and Vista Murrieta in 102 degree heat. I'm not sure he understands the heat is a little different in Texas. The temp may be 95 at kickoff, but the humidity continues to rise as the temp goes down. Gilmer played Las Vegas Bishop Lynch in 2006, a team that plays all the time in that kind of heat. They came to Texas to play, and they were dropping like flies from cramping. Gilmer went on to win that game 56-14. I don't know how good South is, but my guess is they will be just a little overmatched with Stidham and company. The only advantage I see is that South will have two games already under their belt, and should be more polished in what they do.

WhartonTigers
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Scoop27;1800043]I'm sure Wharton will probably play El Campo who will be in Division I. Wish the Tigers would schedule Bay City. Tigers could also play non district against Needville and Sealy[/QUOT

Why Bay City Scoop? with the returners coming back next year, a Lamar Consolidated school would help us get ready for district and playoffs rather than Bay City.

caleb_mccaig
01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
The South head coach says he doesn't think the heat will be a factor because they've played California teams, Auburn Placer in 112 degree heat, and Vista Murrieta in 102 degree heat. I'm not sure he understands the heat is a little different in Texas. The temp may be 95 at kickoff, but the humidity continues to rise as the temp goes down. Gilmer played Las Vegas Bishop Lynch in 2006, a team that plays all the time in that kind of heat. They came to Texas to play, and they were dropping like flies from cramping. Gilmer went on to win that game 56-14. I don't know how good South is, but my guess is they will be just a little overmatched with Stidham and company. The only advantage I see is that South will have two games already under their belt, and should be more polished in what they do.

Yeah, those two games under their belt might play a big factor. We've all seen how mediocre Stephenville can start the season......

Old Tiger
01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Allen
Aledo
Desoto
Katy
Lake Travis

jason
01-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Stephenville adds a two year home/home with Gatesville. Week 2.

CP3Dad
01-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Stephenville is playing Anchorage South HS out of Alaska.
Game is Labor Day weekend.
They have an enrollment of about 1700.

More info here http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/01/anchorage-south-to-travel-to-texas-for-high-school-football-game-against-stephenville/

Wonder if any Texas 4a schools will play Stephenville in non-district this go around?

I'm hearing that Graham has agreed, if it is, in fact, non-district.

maestro
01-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm sure Wharton will probably play El Campo who will be in Division I. Wish the Tigers would schedule Bay City. Tigers could also play non district against Needville and Sealy

Playing el campo, bay city and needville would sure help pay the bills. Huge fan bases and good healthy hatred

Manso/V8
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Yeah, those two games under their belt might play a big factor. We've all seen how mediocre Stephenville can start the season......

And finish, I bet the South coach watch the Lubbock Cooper and Kilgore footage before agreeing to the game!

jason
01-16-2014, 10:30 PM
And finish, I bet the South coach watch the Lubbock Cooper and Kilgore footage before agreeing to the game!

There is a quote saying he didn't know about Stidham and his status as a pretty highly recruited QB so he could have gotten that if he had only seen the Kilgore game.

However.

If he saw Big Spring, he wouldn't have said that.

jason
01-16-2014, 10:31 PM
That'd be a good one.
What do yall have coming back?

FB-fanatic
01-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Lorena will play Robinson and China Spring, and probably La Vega.

CP3Dad
01-17-2014, 10:10 AM
That'd be a good one.
What do yall have coming back?

Maybe 7 starters on each side, but stats guys are gone QB,RB,WR.

Bug Truck
01-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Glen Rose no dates yet
Ferris
Mineral Wells
Carrolton Ranchview
Venus
Cisco

Rabid Cougar
01-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Lorena will play Robinson and China Spring, and probably La Vega.
No reason not to play them. Extremely good competition with hardly any travel expense. I am glad they are doing this.

cowboyandchrist
01-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Do not Know who Carthage or Tatum has scheduled yet, but will let the Down Low know soon. On a side note, this is the year Tatum-mites have been waiting on. The sophomore and Junior class moving up is loaded with size, speed and good football players. Many NFL kids and kinfolk on this team. They will be one of the smallest 4A d2 teams in the state, but they have a chance to be a contender. This is the same group of kids that beat Gilmer 45 to 6 as freshmen. Now for my Dawgs, nothing has changed they will start with the linemen and do what they do. Quarter back will be a good one. He can throw and run and has good size. The Defense will be better this year, but the offense will start slow with coach S finding out how to put the pieces together in non district. They will be under the radar until the playoffs. I don't believe I can remember loosing as many seniors as the Dawgs loose this year, so it maybe one of Coach S best jobs of coaching to get the new bunch rolling. Time will tell.

jason
01-19-2014, 09:16 AM

pretty sure this fell through.

stephenville currently has tentative deals with (assuming they don't fall through on realignment day):
south hs (anchorage, alaska)
lubbock cooper
gatesville* not 100% on this one, but fairly certain
everman

aledo will not be rescheduled as in years past

toddg
01-19-2014, 11:35 AM
pretty sure this fell through.

stephenville currently has tentative deals with (assuming they don't fall through on realignment day):
south hs (anchorage, alaska)
lubbock cooper
gatesville* not 100% on this one, but fairly certain
everman

aledo will not be rescheduled as in years past

thats the skuttlebutt i have been hearing in Aledo also..
Everman will be good, very good..the next few seasons!

from what im hearing, Alvarado is anticipating a tough district, son says offseason is way more focused and fast paced than years past...i have heard nothing on non-district games in the works..my best guess is Connally, Bridgeport, and a nearby 5A team(Cleburne, Burleson, Burleson Centennial, a Crowley team,Joshua) will be in there somewhere..

on a different front..heard some rumblings that Abilene High and Cooper will most likely be playing in districts to the East..feb 3rd will be very interesting...

refereedoc
01-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Coach Gillespie said Keeling (Everman)was calling him to play unlike previous years so he figured they were going to be good. I bet Matt Stepp will be pumped:p

toddg
01-20-2014, 01:27 AM
Coach Gillespie said Keeling (Everman)was calling him to play unlike previous years so he figured they were going to be good. I bet Matt Stepp will be pumped:p
Texas football is always better when Everman is on the upswing

Twirling Time
01-20-2014, 11:06 AM
I heard that Southlake is organizing a six-game classic for Week 2 at AT&T Stadium and Argyle will be a part of it. I don't know any other details.

orange machine
01-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I heard that Southlake is organizing a six-game classic for Week 2 at AT&T Stadium and Argyle will be a part of it. I don't know any other details.

Argyle is big time now days!

refereedoc
01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Stephenville adds a two year home/home with Gatesville. Week 2.

Now I am hearing possible matchup with Lubbock Cooper

BLACK ATTACK
01-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Argyle is big time now days!

Lost 30 pretty decent seniors. Time will tell

orange machine
01-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Lost 30 pretty decent seniors. Time will tell

When you have great coaching you can lose a lot of players and still come back strong.