PDA

View Full Version : Best referee taunts

ctown81
01-13-2014, 01:24 PM
I remember going to my brother's baseball games and my dad loved to give the umps a hard time. My two favorites were " you're missing a good game ump" and "you couldn't make a call in a phone booth if I gave you a quarter"

FB-fanatic
01-13-2014, 01:25 PM
"Haw can you sleep with your eyes open!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

GrTigers6
01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
My favorite and I guess pet peeve is a coach or fan screaming about a ball that was a strike because they can see it from the dugout better than the umpire.
I actually worked with an umpire in Pony baseball that told the coaches one day that we were going to officiate this game from the dugouts because apparently that's where the best view is.
Cracked me up!

Trashman
01-13-2014, 02:28 PM
While officiating a 4A game, a kid asked me if I had any pictures of my wife nude. When I replied no, he wanted to know if I wanted to buy some..... :doh:

Rabid Cougar
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen.... I don't recall baseball having referees.

Tejastrue
01-13-2014, 03:29 PM
I think that line came from "Major League" or one of those baseball movies. lol

Gone Fishing
01-13-2014, 09:36 PM
I used to ump a lot of little league and Jr league games up to league age 14. I took many many complaints, but most the time didn't say much or just turned and stared um down, unless someone was way out of control, then I would toss um. One game a friend was behind the plate and had just been taking a beating on balls and strikes from a guy sitting by 3rd base dug out. Finally he called time went over and out the dug out and went into the stands and sat right next to the guy never saying a word, took his mask off and looked at home plate for a good bit and then told the guy, "you know, your right, you really can see better from over here"! put his mask back on and went back and said, "play ball"....funny as hell.....

NastySlot
01-13-2014, 10:01 PM
best ump rag I heard isn't to appropriate for this board but it came from the dugout of a college game I was in attendance...sitting close the dugout.

it was more of question to the first base ump....delt with blowing calls and if he liked to call the rest of game from his knees.....cause he was well you all the point....someone didn't get to enjoy the rest of the game from that dugout.

sorry if I offended wasn't intended.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2014, 11:16 PM
I think that line came from "Major League" or one of those baseball movies. lol

Mr Baseball

coach
01-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Mr Baseball

There was a kid I went to school with who always screamed, "If you had one eye, you'd be a Cyclops."

Tejastrue
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Mr Baseball

Love that movie. Hilarious. Not quite a Major League or Bull Durham but a must see...

Old Tiger
01-14-2014, 01:07 AM
Some of y'all should have been at the Rockdale softball games in the spring of '05 and '06.

We were some heckling son of a guns at those.

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2014, 06:51 AM
At a football game in Wimberley in 2003 - "Come on ref...give him a technical!". Yes, that's what the mom said. It was her oldest son's first season & I'm guessing maybe her first football game.

bobcat1
01-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Best one I ever heard was at a girls basketball game. One of my friends, the Dad to one of the girls playing, yelled at the female ref that she didn't belong on the basketball court. She needed to be home baking cookies or something. :D

GrTigers6
01-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Best one I ever heard was at a girls basketball game. One of my friends, the Dad to one of the girls playing, yelled at the female ref that she didn't belong on the basketball court. She needed to be home baking cookies or something. :D

Are you sure that wasn't Pancho Villa? :D

pancho villa
01-14-2014, 09:22 AM
I don't know any because I would never go to a standaround contest. Way too many non-athletes out there on the field!