PDA

View Full Version : Any 3A basketball talk here?

JBulldawg
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Don't see much talk here as far as basketball is concerned. Is this just a football site?

Wouldn't mind hearing from each region on who the top teams are and how they are playing.

Rabid Cougar
01-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Don't see much talk here as far as basketball is concerned. Is this just a football site?

Wouldn't mind hearing from each region on who the top teams are and how they are playing.

Falls under the same header as Quidditch. Stand Around is somewhat tolerated.

thatdude
01-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Region 1 - Kennedale and Wylie look to be tops,
Region 2 - Madison is tops, teams kind of fall in line after that teams like Triple A, Wilmer Hutchins and Decatur are pretty decent as well
I dont know much about Region 3 and 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ccmom
01-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Sometimes you can get folks talking basketball around here....but not consistently. Personally, I enjoy watching basketball and following several of the teams in our area. Our Wylie boys and girls are both off to a good start (boys ranked #5 and girls ranked #4 I think) and have high hopes for a deep playoff run.

coach
01-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Region 3 has Yates. Enough said. Fairfield could be a dark horse if they get the right march up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Cam
01-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Falls under the same header as Quidditch. Stand Around is somewhat tolerated.

.....I like quidditch..:vrycnfsd:.....so does Phil C!....

thatdude
01-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Sometimes you can get folks talking basketball around here....but not consistently. Personally, I enjoy watching basketball and following several of the teams in our area. Our Wylie boys and girls are both off to a good start (boys ranked #5 and girls ranked #4 I think) and have high hopes for a deep playoff run.

I watched Wylie play two games at the Whataburger tournament, Just so happens one was a loss, They just looked tired, sometimes tourneys arent accurate guages of how a team is just because of how much running they have to do. I also heard that they were missing their 6th man, but they do have a kid that hustles his tail off in #52 he made the all tournament team and i think it was from defense and rebounds, because I dont remember him scoring a whole lot.

Cam
01-13-2014, 11:33 AM
I caught my first BB game last Friday.....Good battle between Liberty Hill and Burnet in Liberty Hill.....Burnet won 52-47.....but more impressive was my witnessing of LH head football coach sitting in front of me during the frosh game....he had only been there 5 minutes and immediately threw out a kid from Burnet for mouthin' off to the refs!!.....Cranky ol' Vance don't mess around!!....Kid deserved it though....I think Vance thought he heard the kid say, "Holy Sh_t"...but I think he really just said "Holy Shoot".....still, the kid was gettin' out of hand IMO and was disrespectful to Coach Vance as he walked out of the gym.....good riddance I say....

thatdude
01-14-2014, 09:06 AM
TABC Rankings
as of 1/14/14

1 Dallas Madison
2 Kennedale
3 Yates
4 Triple A
5 Abilene Wylie
6 SA Houston
7 West Orange Stark
8 Wilmer Hutchins
9 Houston Washington
10 Decatur
11 Burkburnett
12 Frisco Lone Star
13 Argyle
14 Lubbock Estacado
15 Silsbee
16 Hardin Jefferson
17 Athens
18 Cleveland
19 Navasota
20 Hirschi
21 Fairfield
22 Mexia
23 Pollack Central
24 LaVernia
25 Fredricksburg

coach
01-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Fairfield beat mexia Friday night and will play Palestine short handed this Friday. Four players will be on a recruiting trip and one got ejected last night so he will miss the game too. Eagles will be missing 4 of their 5 starters. You will see how good of a coach Fairfield has Friday night.

thatdude
01-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Fairfield beat mexia Friday night and will play Palestine short handed this Friday. Four players will be on a recruiting trip and one got ejected last night so he will miss the game too. Eagles will be missing 4 of their 5 starters. You will see how good of a coach Fairfield has Friday night.

Wow a recruiting trip during the district season......
Good to see the importance of the here and now.

coach
01-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Signing day is just around the corner. There are only certain times you can go. Trust me these boys are focused on what's important and will take care of business.

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Sweetwater started the season 11-0 after beating Brownwood, San Angelo Lakeview and just about every 2A school in the area.

They opened up district play last Friday at Monahans (19-3) and hung with them for the most part until the start of the
fourth quarter. The score was 42-36 then a Sweetwater turnover lead to a three by Monahans and then another turnover lead
to a three by Monahans and then another turnover lead to...well you get the point. The final score was 62-40.

The good news is that Sweetwater has a legitimate shot of making the playoffs, for the first time since a Carrillo was
playing at PG I believe, and finish in third place ahead of Snyder, Midland Greenwood and Big Spring.

maestro
01-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Wharton, currently first in district, host Needville tonight.

Needville has one of the best coaches in this area and it will be interesting to see the " tempo " of this game.

Maybe scoop will give updates.

WhartonTigers
01-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Wharton, currently first in district, host Needville tonight.

Needville has one of the best coaches in this area and it will be interesting to see the " tempo " of this game.

Maybe scoop will give updates.

Needville will have to have a good ball handler and make good passes. Wharton presses pretty much the entire game and as everyone know speed and quickness are the strengths. Should be a good match up, ill be there to watch tonight.

maestro
01-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Are the jvers in the main gym with varsity tonite?

When it is two girls games proceeding the boys varsity, it is BRUTAL.

Ok, I will get bashed for that comment...but I speaka the truth!!

I believe whs and needville jv squads are tough.

JBulldawg
01-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Key games in Region III tonight:

Kilgore at Henderson
Palestine at #22 Mexia
#23 Pollock Central at Diboll
#16 Hardin-Jefferson vs. #15 Silsbee at Ford Arena
Liberty at Splendora
#3 Houston Yates at Houston Kashmere

Scoop27
01-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Some varsity boys games in 25-3A get started as late as 8:15 when there is a JV, and varsity girls playing in same gym. Some varsity boys games go past 9:30 p.m.

regaleagle
01-14-2014, 07:34 PM
dribble dribble, squeak squeak....whistle, traveling, foul, free throw....3 pointer at the buzzer.

marler1972
01-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Friday night (Girls) Celina #3 in state vs Argyle #2............

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Sweetwater started the season 11-0 after beating Brownwood, San Angelo Lakeview and just about every 2A school in the area.

They opened up district play last Friday at Monahans (19-3) and hung with them for the most part until the start of the
fourth quarter. The score was 42-36 then a Sweetwater turnover lead to a three by Monahans and then another turnover lead
to a three by Monahans and then another turnover lead to...well you get the point. The final score was 62-40.

The good news is that Sweetwater has a legitimate shot of making the playoffs, for the first time since a Carrillo was
playing at PG I believe, and finish in third place ahead of Snyder, Midland Greenwood and Big Spring.

Sweetwater 45
Snyder 40

Final

poisoned10
01-14-2014, 10:53 PM

Kilgore at Henderson
Palestine at #22 Mexia
Liberty at Splendora

Kilgore should roll Henderson. Not sure why that is a key game. Kilgore is currently undefeated in district while Henderson has 1 win against winless Spring Hill, I think.

Gilmer beat Bullard, 45-32 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone

JBulldawg
01-15-2014, 09:35 AM

Kilgore at Henderson
Palestine at #22 Mexia
Liberty at Splendora

Scores:

Kilgore 54
Henderson 42

#22 Mexia 79
Palestine 46

Diboll 80
#23 Pollock Central 58

#15 Silsbee 82
#16 Hardin-Jefferson 75

Liberty 57
Splendora 41

#3 Houston Yates 114
Houston Kashmere 45

lv2937
01-15-2014, 05:15 PM
I caught my first BB game last Friday.....Good battle between Liberty Hill and Burnet in Liberty Hill.....Burnet won 52-47.....but more impressive was my witnessing of LH head football coach sitting in front of me during the frosh game....he had only been there 5 minutes and immediately threw out a kid from Burnet for mouthin' off to the refs!!.....Cranky ol' Vance don't mess around!!....Kid deserved it though....I think Vance thought he heard the kid say, "Holy Sh_t"...but I think he really just said "Holy Shoot".....still, the kid was gettin' out of hand IMO and was disrespectful to Coach Vance as he walked out of the gym.....good riddance I say....
Can I think you have the story all wrong. The kid didn't get kicked out for saying holy s--t, he use the f word. He wasn't disrespectful to coach v when he left. He just voiced his option about the crappy refs. Don't blame coach v for throwing him out, but the refs did suck big time. By the way I was sitting next to him at the game. The kid was my grandson.

slingshot
01-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Sweetwater 45
Snyder 40

FinalWhen do ya'll play us? Might be a different outcome... ;)

thatdude
01-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Sweetwater 45
Snyder 40

Final

45 40 sounds like a terrible game to watch. Maybe two good defensive teams? Or two bad offensive teams.

Sweetwater Red
01-16-2014, 09:47 AM
When do ya'll play us? Might be a different outcome... ;)

Wylie comes to town tomorrow. It's pretty clear who the underdogs will be
considering both of your teams are state ranked. The girl's game might be
plain brutal going by common opponents. Wylie beat Greenwood by what
50 Tuesday? Well, that same Greenwood team beat our girls by the same
margin the Tuesday before.

45 40 sounds like a terrible game to watch. Maybe two good defensive teams? Or two bad offensive teams.

Probably a little bit of both. Sweetwater only had one kid in double figures and neither team shot well from the line.

1st and goal
01-16-2014, 12:01 PM
I like basketball, and the board could sure use some chatter, but I prefer winter ice curling and beer quaffing over quiddich. Phil can have his quiddich. :)

slingshot
01-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Wylie comes to town tomorrow. It's pretty clear who the underdogs will be
considering both of your teams are state ranked. The girl's game might be
plain brutal going by common opponents. Wylie beat Greenwood by what
50 Tuesday? Well, that same Greenwood team beat our girls by the same
margin the Tuesday before.

Probably a little bit of both. Sweetwater only had one kid in double figures and neither team shot well from the line.Just razzin' you a little... seriously, I'm impressed with the direction Sweetwater athletics has taken the last couple of years in general. New (better) attitude shown by the kids and a good course being plotted by the administration and coaching staff. I see good days ahead for ya'll...

LH Panther Mom
01-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I hate to say this but the Burnet/LH games here are dreadful to me! It seems like there is always some kind of stupid crap going on. I decided to boycott them this year. I would've liked to have seen Vance in action, though. ;)

thatdude
01-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Any good games on the card tonight?

coach
01-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Palestine is playing Fairfield.

Fairfield should blow them out, but they will be missing 4 starters due to recruiting trips so it should be an interesting one.

JBulldawg
01-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Any good games on the card tonight?

Pleasant Grove at Paris
Brownsboro at #17 Athens
Gilmer at Kilgore
#21 Fairfield at Palestine
Center at #23 Pollock Central
#7 West Orange-Stark vs. #15 Silsbee at Lamar University's Montagne Center

Cam
01-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Can I think you have the story all wrong. The kid didn't get kicked out for saying holy s--t, he use the f word. He wasn't disrespectful to coach v when he left. He just voiced his option about the crappy refs. Don't blame coach v for throwing him out, but the refs did suck big time. By the way I was sitting next to him at the game. The kid was my grandson.

Are you sure this was the same incident? Shoot you were right there! I could've met ya. I was sitting with my boy and his buddy right behind Vance. Like I said, I didn't hear "holy sh_t", I heard "holy shoot" or something like that. My boy said he heard "sh_t" but I disagreed with him. Vance responded cause he thinks he heard "sh_t"....I never heard the "f" word as you say...but I'd imagine that wouldn't go over too well either!:doh:........I might disagree with you on the disrespectful part...he might have said something to Vance about the refs, but he also said something else which I couldn't make out as he walked in front of Vance....but apparently it triggered Vance to say something back to him..something to the effect about the way he was acting...it was something like, "oh that's real mature of you"...I don't exactly remember the wording......LH/Burnet rivalry is pretty intense in all sports....and kids will say/do dumb things....Heck, some parents might even be worse!....At one of last night's middle school games, I sat below some LH parents...talk about annoying as hell!...their kids could do no wrong but our kids were either fouling, traveling, or double dribbling!....I don't understand why us grown ups act like that..why can't they all be like me!:spitlol:......there are some Burnet parents I steer clear of at any event....some of the idiotic comments (usually in yelling form) they make actually embarrass me!..And I'm pretty hard to embarrass!......I know how to make idiotic comments so I know what I'm talkin' about!!......Seriously, if one of my boys acts disrespectful in any way to anyone, they'd find a foot up their arse real quick!....If your grandson was my kid, he would've found out first hand what shoe size I wear!...My dad put his boot up my arse one time....I found out he was a size 12!!.....
It's hard NOT to criticize the refs at any event....they're not pros....but I think most of em' are trying as hard as they can....and in the words of an old Triumph song:

"It's just a game, and all I can do is play"......:wave:

Cam
01-17-2014, 11:23 AM
I hate to say this but the Burnet/LH games here are dreadful to me! It seems like there is always some kind of stupid crap going on. I decided to boycott them this year. I would've liked to have seen Vance in action, though. ;)

....I hear ya LH Panther Mom, them LH folks are the worst!!.....:taunt:

catgut
01-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Pleasant Grove at Paris
Brownsboro at #17 Athens
Gilmer at Kilgore
#21 Fairfield at Palestine
Center at #23 Pollock Central
#7 West Orange-Stark vs. #15 Silsbee at Lamar University's Montagne Center
Paris 73
PG 67

ccmom
01-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Girls
Wylie 56
Sweetwater 26

Boys
Wylie 77
Sweetwater 43

Aggie98
01-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Kilgore 63
Gilmer 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Girls
Wylie 56
Sweetwater 26

Boys
Wylie 77
Sweetwater 43

Well, it went as expected. The girl's game could've been much worse. I believe Wylie stopped pressing 5 minutes into the game lol.

The boys, like i said, could very well finish third but most would be proud to just see them make the playoffs.