PDA

View Full Version : Basketball cliches heard at games-From texas2afootball.com

Scoop27
01-10-2014, 11:38 PM
From texas2afootball.com
Was sitting at a lovely beating of a basketball game last night and heard many sayings from parents that I found interesting. Please add to the list.

Call it both ways ref. (like a ref is taking bribes from a subpar 2A school)
He's been doing it all night.
Over the back (then on the other end a kid jumps on the back of an opposing player and you hear the following)
He never touched him
3 seconds!
Get him! (Not really sure what was meant by this, but I am sure the mom had good intentions)
Drive to the basket (is said while the ball handler has three guys on him. Not pass to one of the open teammates, but drive)
Run! (LOL might as well yell out Dribble!, Jump! and Stop!)

The following is not really a cliche but was overheard and I found amusing and a little confusing.

Kid is at free throw line for two shots. Misses first shot and from behind me I hear "Where does he think he is the NBA? Come on use the backboard. Why don't these coaches teach these kids to use the backboard!"

That ain't glue, it's paint. Make him move out!

And mine is "Give Me A Break refs"

FB-fanatic
01-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Heard last night:

You're missing a good game, ref!
The other end of the court, a guy goes to drive, ref whistles "3 second" violation. There's at least 7 guys in the paint. Half the crowd around me says "What's that about!", likes he's crazy. My guess is that one of those 7 guys was hanging out too long in the paint....
"Call it both ways".... might as well record it and blast it about every 4 minutes for good measure.

Heard before the game: "Yeah, that ref is from here (the home town) and I think that ref is too. No way we're going to get a fair chance tonight...".

Old Tiger
01-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Get off your knees ref, you're blowing the game!

I always hear the most idiotic things at sporting events from the Cameron fans, for as good as they are and have been they sure don't know anything.

My favorite saying that I hear often from there fans regardless of month is the following:

It's Christmas in <Insert Month Here> for <Insert Team here>

GrTigers6
01-11-2014, 10:16 AM
My favorite is a baseball lady fan from when my sons were playing. Kid on first and the pitcher throws over to try to catch him leading off and she says " Why is he throwing the ball over there, he should have every right to lead off and steal without being tagged"
Oh the life of an Umpire! :D

GrTigers6
01-11-2014, 10:18 AM
and for basketball last night had a call for traveling and this lady said all she did was shuffle her feet when she caught the ball. She didn't go anywhere!

refereedoc
01-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Been officiating basketball for 37 years. My personal favorite is "Don't give up your day job!" And when the foul totals are in a teams favor "Call it the same on both ends"

Yoe_09
01-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Get off your knees ref, you're blowing the game!

I always hear the most idiotic things at sporting events from the Cameron fans, for as good as they are and have been they sure don't know anything.

My favorite saying that I hear often from there fans regardless of month is the following:

It's Christmas in <Insert Month Here> for <Insert Team here>

Every town has the some unintelligent or uninformed fans.....Cameron, Rockdale or any other place in the state.

Old Tiger
01-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Every town has the some unintelligent or uninformed fans.....Cameron, Rockdale or any other place in the state.

No, it's seriously the entire fan base regardless of the different sections you sit in.

Yoe_09
01-12-2014, 01:45 AM
No, it's seriously the entire fan base regardless of the different sections you sit in.

I think we have gone through this already, lol.