PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Draft

Cam
01-09-2014, 02:59 PM
So, what's your best guess as to who Dallas takes in the first round? DT or DE? Or will Jerry draft a long snapper in the first round? Here's one mock draft:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912488-dallas-cowboys-2014-mock-draft-round-by-round-best-case-scenarios/page/2

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
I like that draft.

From what I've been reading, this is not that great of a DT draft for the first round. So I think DE and S are a strong possibility. I love clinton-dix from Alabama. I think he is a hoss.

I think they have to get 2 quality DL out of this draft. They could also use a guard and a wr late. I suspect Austin will be gone. I thinkthey can probab wait another year for rb. Next year will prob be a priority for rb as will RT.

Outside of safety, I woukd be okay if they drafted nothing but guys on the line of scrimmage.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2014, 03:36 PM
draft best player..do not draft for position..we do not need another Shante Carver or Kavika Pittman

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 04:19 PM
draft best player..do not draft for position..we do not need another Shante Carver or Kavika Pittman

I think that's a given but you cNt completely ignore need. If Murphy and a WR are sitting there and the WR is rated slightly higher, I think you go with the de.

Cam
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Missouri DE Kony Ealy has declared for draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311288/article/michael-sam-vs-kony-ealy-which-mizzou-de-is-better-prospect

Bullaholic
01-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Jerry will be like a moth attracted to a flame---he will maneuver somehow to get a shot at Johnny Football--he just can't stand letting him get away. Hide and watch...:D

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Missouri DE Kony Ealy has declared for draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311288/article/michael-sam-vs-kony-ealy-which-mizzou-de-is-better-prospect

I would be happy with that pick.

Cam
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Jerry will be like a moth attracted to a flame---he will maneuver somehow to get a shot at Johnny Football--he just can't stand letting him get away. Hide and watch...:D

I still think Cleveland gets him. They need him bad! Especially for jersey sales! If you look in the Cleveland stands, you don't see anybody wearing current players jerseys...It's Bernie Kosar or Brian Sipe!!...maybe a few Tom Cousineau jerseys as well......They don't have any superstars......Johnny Football is a Brown!!....and he's probably gonna hate it there!.....:spitlol:

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Need some pass rush help because it looks like ware is close to done.

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 05:06 PM
I still think Cleveland gets him. They need him bad! Especially for jersey sales! If you look in the Cleveland stands, you don't see anybody wearing current players jerseys...It's Bernie Kosar or Brian Sipe!!...maybe a few Tom Cousineau jerseys as well......They don't have any superstars......Johnny Football is a Brown!!....and he's probably gonna hate it there!.....:spitlol:

I gotta tell you, I'm not sure he makes it to Cleveland. Jax and oak are both ahead of them and they both are unsettled at QB.

Bullaholic
01-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Don't want to hijack this thread while just playing around---but I'm betting that Manziel will do an Eli Manning and possibly reject some losing teams offers. Just a thought....now back to the Cowboys....

Cam
01-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I gotta tell you, I'm not sure he makes it to Cleveland. Jax and oak are both ahead of them and they both are unsettled at QB.

I'm hearing Jax goes for Bortles or Bridgewater if Houston doesn't snatch Bridge...and I'm hearing Houston may just pull the trigger on the Clown to pair him up with J.J. If the Clown is bypassed by the Texans, then Oakland will get him....but what the hell do I know!!....you may be right that Johnny goes where you say....
BTW...I thought Oak picks at 5 and Cleveland at 4??

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Everyone keeps saying Jerry will go for Johnny because of the buzz..but he never really has drafted like that

Emerson1
01-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Everyone keeps saying Jerry will go for Johnny because of the buzz..but he never really has drafted like that

We already have a good slot receiver.

coach
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm like txb. Get te best possible player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

cougartino
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM
There's waaaay too much time between now and the draft for Jerry to screw it up.

Bullaholic
01-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm like txb. Get te best possible player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I don't think Jerry has done that very much in recent years---mostly trades down to get the bargains. Steven Jackson was on the board for the Cowboys a few years ago and they passed him.

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm hearing Jax goes for Bortles or Bridgewater if Houston doesn't snatch Bridge...and I'm hearing Houston may just pull the trigger on the Clown to pair him up with J.J. If the Clown is bypassed by the Texans, then Oakland will get him....but what the hell do I know!!....you may be right that Johnny goes where you say....
BTW...I thought Oak picks at 5 and Cleveland at 4??

You're right. Oak is 5 but I think they think Cleveland will go QB so they may try to jump them to get who they want.

St. Louis is the wild card, IMO. Most believe they will stick with Bradford and not go QB. Teams that need a QB will bpmost likely be trying to get up to that spot and get their guy.

I could see oak trading up to two to get a QB. St. Louis already has two first round picks and could pick up more for their #2 spot. St. Louis is in a great spot.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't think Jerry has done that very much in recent years---mostly trades down to get the bargains. Steven Jackson was on the board for the Cowboys a few years ago and they passed him.

That was Parcells not Jones deciding not to take Jackson

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2014, 06:28 PM
You're right. Oak is 5 but I think they think Cleveland will go QB so they may try to jump them to get who they want.

St. Louis is the wild card, IMO. Most believe they will stick with Bradford and not go QB. Teams that need a QB will bpmost likely be trying to get up to that spot and get their guy.

I could see oak trading up to two to get a QB. St. Louis already has two first round picks and could pick up more for their #2 spot. St. Louis is in a great spot.

no way in hades Fisher would want Johnny..Not his style of QB

cougartino
01-09-2014, 06:33 PM
no way in hades Fisher would want Johnny..Not his style of QB

Johnny's a Pete Carroll type of QB but Pete has his guy. IF and I mean IF he dropped that low, Sean Peyton would be in hog heaven with Drew's replacement on the horizon.

Trashman
01-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Jerry will dumb down the draft just like he always does....:dispntd:

LH Panther Mom
01-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread while just playing around---but I'm betting that Manziel will do an Eli Manning and possibly reject some losing teams offers. Just a thought....now back to the Cowboys....
BUT he doesn't have a big brother to help with it. ;)

Bullaholic
01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
BUT he doesn't have a big brother to help with it. ;)

And daddy....

caleb_mccaig
01-10-2014, 10:36 AM
I'd be extremely satisfied with Ealy or Timmy Jernigan Jr. from FSU. I think they have to address defensive line in this draft and I'll be disappointed if they don't draft at least three DL. However, if Johnny is there I wouldn't be against taking him, however, there's no shot he falls that far.

Macarthur
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
I'd be extremely satisfied with Ealy or Timmy Jernigan Jr. from FSU. I think they have to address defensive line in this draft and I'll be disappointed if they don't draft at least three DL. However, if Johnny is there I wouldn't be against taking him, however, there's no shot he falls that far.

I like ealy but I'm reading that there's some concern with his knee.

caleb_mccaig
01-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Of course there is......Nothing ever goes Dallas' way. I'm convinced.

GrTigers6
01-10-2014, 12:00 PM

That's who we draft. Injury proned players:D

Macarthur
01-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Yep. Read that on Broaddus Twitter, I think.

coach
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM

He did it with Dez and he got some serious flak for it,

bobcat1
01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
That's who we draft. Injury proned players:D
Because they are cheaper and Jones is looking for bargains!

1st and goal
01-10-2014, 08:31 PM
The good news is we have plenty of time to debate about it.

They need DL help and other defensive players too.

Saggy Aggie
01-10-2014, 10:13 PM

What do cowboys fans think of selvie? I've only watch a couple Cowpie games since I'm a texans fan, but when I've watched, he seems to be the best DL y'all have. I'd take him on the texans...

1st and goal
01-11-2014, 09:03 AM
What do cowboys fans think of selvie? I've only watch a couple Cowpie games since I'm a texans fan, but when I've watched, he seems to be the best DL y'all have. I'd take him on the texans...

I like him. I hope he gets to stay.

GrTigers6
01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
He needs to stay! If we lose Ware he will be our best lineman. Well him and hatcher

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2014, 10:25 AM
He needs to stay! If we lose Ware he will be our best lineman. Well him and hatcher

Hatcher is gone..Ware will remain..Selvie is a great back up who can spot rush

Gobbler Fan
01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Jones is the same guy who drafted a Center in the first round that would have been there on the 3rd so I'm putting my money on a Punter

Saggy Aggie
01-11-2014, 12:10 PM

You don't think selvie is good enough to be an every down guy for y'all? Like I said, my sample size is small but I've been impressed with what I've seen

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Jones is the same guy who drafted a Center in the first round that would have been there on the 3rd so I'm putting my money on a Punter

A center that turned out to be the anchor of the line

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2014, 12:46 PM
You don't think selvie is good enough to be an every down guy for y'all? Like I said, my sample size is small but I've been impressed with what I've seen

Not for a good D-line..but he will give better quality with lesser snaps IMO

Macarthur
01-11-2014, 07:39 PM

He absolutely would not have been there in the third. Probably 2nd but not 3rd.

Frederick also graded out by pro football focus as the #1 run blocking center in all of th. Nfl as a rookie.

It may have been clumsy how they got there but Frederick is a damn good football playerand will aanchor this OL for the next decade.

MustangFootball
01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
I think the Cowboys need to draft Bamma QB AJ McCarron....I like Teddy Bridgewater, but I doubt he will fall that far.

cougartino
01-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't think anyone is questioning that Frederick is a good player. They're questioning the round he was taken. I wish we could have received better for trading down with the 9ers. How ironic we needed a safety, they took the one we could have taken, and now they're in the NFC championship game.

bobcat1
01-12-2014, 11:33 PM
I don't think anyone is questioning that Frederick is a good player. They're questioning the round he was taken. I wish we could have received better for trading down with the 9ers. How ironic we needed a safety, they took the one we could have taken, and now they're in the NFC championship game.
But wait Jerry Jones is a shrewd businessman, right?

GrTigers6
01-13-2014, 08:41 AM

Do you really think Ware will be back with his contract and injury history?

Macarthur
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Not sure JJ has the balls to cut ware. I'm sure they will rework his deal.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2014, 11:36 AM

yes..the salary cap hit would be major if they just cut him..they will restructure the contract...on his injuries..i think if they make him more of a situation guy that would help

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2014, 11:36 AM

More about the cap hit than having balls

Cam
01-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Here's an interesting early mock draft. All 7 rounds....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1906095-2014-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-complete-7-round-projections/page/2

caleb_mccaig
01-13-2014, 11:45 AM

I'd be really surprised if Ware is back. When he talked to the Fan after the loss to Philly he said he wants to stay with the team but wouldn't take a pay cut whatsoever. I hope we cut him, and I know for sure Miles Austin will gone unless he takes a huge pay cut. Cutting them after whenever the cap hit penalty free date is (No idea when this date is, in the Spring though) will really free up some much needed cap space.

Selvie played really well this year, had the same amount of sacks as D-Ware and a lot of people said he had high upside. I hope we keep him, seems to be a great bargain player.

Frederick may have been there in the second or third round and he may not have. I didn't like the pick when we took it but now I'm pretty happy. The Cowboys have two pieces of their offensive line set for the next decade in Frederick and Tyron Smith and not a lot of teams can say that.

Macarthur
01-13-2014, 02:01 PM
But I'm not sure you save money by cutting him. It's probably cheaper to keep him and restructure his deal.

cougartino
01-13-2014, 02:14 PM
But wait Jerry Jones is a shrewd businessman, right?

:fnypost:

1st and goal
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Here's an interesting early mock draft. All 7 rounds....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1906095-2014-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-complete-7-round-projections/page/2

This guy doesn't give much love to the Big 12 until the 3rd round.

Cam
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
This guy doesn't give much love to the Big 12 until the 3rd round.

Yep, I noticed that too.....

caleb_mccaig
01-13-2014, 08:18 PM
But I'm not sure you save money by cutting him. It's probably cheaper to keep him and restructure his deal.

If he'll restructure I'm for it. IMO, I don't think he will.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2014, 08:28 PM
If he'll restructure I'm for it. IMO, I don't think he will.

he already said he would