PDA

View Full Version : Look how well the State championship game attendance stacked against bowl games

GrTigers6
01-08-2014, 01:36 PM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/how-attendance-at-texas-high-school-state-championships-stack-up-against-college-bowl-games.html/

Rabid Cougar
01-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Would liked to have seen how Allen-Pearland would have stood on its own. There were tons of Katy people and Aledo hold overs in third and fourth rings during that game. When the Katy- Cedar Hill game started, JW looked comparatively empty. They closed the fourth ring in the first qtr of that game.

From nearly 10 hours of observation.

GrTigers6
01-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Would liked to have seen how Allen-Pearland would have stood on its own. There were tons of Katy people and Aledo hold overs in third and fourth rings during that game. When the Katy- Cedar Hill game started, JW looked comparatively empty. They closed the fourth ring in the first qtr of that game.

From nearly 10 hours of observation.

Obviously I think that they woudnt have near the numbers if it were still a neutral site final. It helps people come even if for just one day to watch multiple games

NastySlot
01-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Obviously I think that they woudnt have near the numbers if it were still a neutral site final. It helps people come even if for just one day to watch multiple games

Well it did take 36 years (if my quick math is right) to break the record. I was kinda sad to see the old record finally topple. I was at that PNG/Plano game. Impressive thing was it was the only game on the card at Texas Stadium no holdovers or early arrivals for other games that day. PNG has always travelled well and one HS in a growing Plano brought out a lot of people.

Another thing that might have helped was interest in Plano from other North Texas HS football fans because of the epic comeback v. Highland Park earlier in the Playoffs.

Emerson1
01-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Not being on TV also helped. Imagine the attendance numbers if none of these games were on TV.

waterboy
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Why weren't some of the other games included in this top 25. It looks like a partial list to me. I would hazard a guess that the 3A-D1 game had more attendence than the #37 game of the Florida 8A SC game that shows 9,979. Some of the other games may have beaten that attendance, too.

Tejastrue
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
They missed it. 3A Division I – 17,641

waterboy
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
They missed it. 3A Division I – 17,641

Yep, they missed that one. They also missed these two that would have beaten out the Florida 8A SC game:

2A Division I – 14,953

2A Division II – 11,128

GrTigers6
01-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Yep, they missed that one. They also missed these two that would have beaten out the Florida 8A SC game:

2A Division I – 14,953

2A Division II – 11,128They probably got tired of having to put high school games in front of NCAA bowl games :D