Rabid Cougar
01-08-2014, 01:22 PM
That is all.

1st and goal
01-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Yes, Nfl announced for him.

1st and goal
01-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I'll bet he gets drafted top 3. Many teams need a boost. I think the Texans might pick him to keep him in Texas and boost their fanbase. More T-shirt fans. There might be 4 QB's drafted in the 1st round. Maybe more.

Where do you think he'll get drafted and why?

Phil C
01-08-2014, 02:56 PM
:crying:

greendawg84
01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
I'll bet he gets drafted top 3. Many teams need a boost. I think the Texans might pick him to keep him in Texas and boost their fanbase. More T-shirt fans. There might be 4 QB's drafted in the 1st round. Maybe more.

Where do you think he'll get drafted and why?

No way he goes 3rd , I could see someone picking him up for T shirt sales but I just dont see that cat making it in the NFL ..... See Tebow

buff4ever
01-08-2014, 03:15 PM
No way he goes 3rd , I could see someone picking him up for T shirt sales but I just dont see that cat making it in the NFL ..... See Tebow

I think he scrambles and throws better than tebow, that is the difference factor between those two.

Macarthur
01-08-2014, 03:17 PM

Do you even watch football?

Wow. Tebow and manziel s skill sets couldn't be any further apart. Manziel May or may not succeed but it will have nothing to do with tebow.

Wow.

Rabid Cougar
01-08-2014, 03:21 PM

Manzel is head and shoulders better pocket QB than Tebow AND Cam Newton. He is more like Russel Wilson; deadly accurate passer that you don't want to let out of the pocket. That was his MO this past season. He was throw first and stayed in the pocket or scrambled to buy time much more often than what he did the HT season.

Macarthur
01-08-2014, 03:24 PM
This is a former nfl personnel guy that works for the nfl.com

@MoveTheSticks: Manziel has the most upside of any QB in this draft. Plenty of arm strength, accurate & special playmaker..Size/durability is a concern

BB BULLS
01-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Manzel is head and shoulders better pocket QB than Tebow AND Cam Newton. He is more like Russel Wilson; deadly accurate passer that you don't want to let out of the pocket. That was his MO this past season. He was throw first and stayed in the pocket or scrambled to buy time much more often than what he did the HT season.

he will not be able to do in the NFL what he has done at A&M. he will wind up being hurt more than he plays IMO. is he a good QB? yes he is but with his style of play he will be hurt alot. and yes i watch football at both levels.

greendawg84
01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Do you even watch football?

Wow. Tebow and manziel s skill sets couldn't be any further apart. Manziel May or may not succeed but it will have nothing to do with tebow.

Wow.

Was not talking about skills , was talking about getting a big azz check and probably not making it in the NFL .

Aesculus gilmus
01-08-2014, 03:45 PM
he will not be able to do in the NFL what he has done at A&M. he will wind up being hurt more than he plays IMO. is he a good QB? yes he is but with his style of play he will be hurt alot. and yes i watch football at both levels.

Do they let NFL quarterbacks wear the kind of flak jacket he's been wearing at A&M? That thing looked like it was thick enough to prevent him being injured by an IED going off next to him. I can't remember the game or even if it was this season, but one guy trying to tackle him got hurt pretty badly himself by Johnny's armored breastplate.

Scoop27
01-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Manziel would join Aggies Shane Lechler and Randy Bullock on the team

GrTigers6
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM

What's the difference between him and Russell Wilson?

greendawg84
01-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Wilson is a lot thicker body wize than JFF .

1st and goal
01-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Wilson is a lot thicker body wize than JFF .

I think your wrong green, and time will tell which of us is right. The boy can pass the ball. On the run. Either direction. He better learn to slide feet first though.

All QB's get hurt in the NFL. It's a fact of the game. Except maybe Tebow.

greendawg84
01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Might be but Wilson sure as hell looks a lot stronger than JFF . JFF can fling the rock , I never said he didnt have talent . You are correct in saying he better learn how to slide feet first , and in a freaking hurry .

Macarthur
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Was not talking about skills , was talking about getting a big azz check and probably not making it in the NFL .

Then why the comparison to tebow? There are tons of QBs that don't pan out.

There's no question that he won't be able to do what he did in college with the same frequency he did in college. But did you not see how much of a difference kapernicks legs were in that game Sunday.? JFF is much more elusive than kapernick.

His issue will be if his body can hold up. He will learn to slide much more than he did in college. But make no mistake, the nfl people I follow on twitter all rave about how much his passing improved from last year to this year.

greendawg84
01-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Mac ,

It was just the first name that come to mind .

Rabid Cougar
01-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Yes, ALL NFL QBs wear the same "flak jacket".

Comparison

Russell Wilson 5'11" 206 lbs

Johnny Manzel 6'1" 210 lbs

Drew Brees 6' 0" 209 lbs

Colin Kaepernick 6' 4" 230 lbs

Tim Teabow 6'3" 236 lbs

Tony Romo 6' 2" 236 lbs

Kase Keenum 6'1" 205 lbs

Macarthur
01-08-2014, 04:51 PM
JFF is closer to 6' 195.

Manso/V8
01-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Comparison

Drew Brees 6' 0" 209 lbs

Tim Teabow 6'3" 236 lbs

Tony Romo 6' 2" 236 lbs

Kase Keenum 6'1" 205 lbs

Johnny might be listed at 6'1", but he ain't 6'1".
Try 5'11", about the same size a Russell Wilson.

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Texans please

NastySlot
01-08-2014, 07:18 PM
page two of this thread and No OT............wow. Must be working or too much going on the Shag to grace us.

navscanmaster
01-09-2014, 12:24 AM
page two of this thread and No OT............wow. Must be working or too much going on the Shag to grace us.
Their entire DT recruiting class just de committed today, one flipping to Ags, so there is that.

Old Tiger
01-09-2014, 01:34 AM

Comparison

Drew Brees 6' 0" 209 lbs

Tim Teabow 6'3" 236 lbs

Tony Romo 6' 2" 236 lbs

Kase Keenum 6'1" 205 lbs
The difference between all the QBs you listed and Manziel's height and weight is that all were taken at NFL combine.

It will be interesting to see how Manziel measures.

I also think Russell Wilson has a stronger arm than Manziel.

Old Tiger
01-09-2014, 01:35 AM

:wave:

Macarthur
01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
The difference between all the QBs you listed and Manziel's height and weight is that all were taken at NFL combine.

I also think Russell Wilson has a stronger arm than Manziel.

No question that his size is his main concern.

Guarantee that if he were 6'2" he would be the first pick without question.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM

The data came from the respective team pages so their weights could be 20+/-. My son's weight on the North Texas site is listed at 249 lbs. He never weighed less than 260 lbs. the whole season.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Interesting discussion on Mike & Mike this morning. The big difference in the Panther/49er game thie weekend?

Which QB will be able to make the plays with his legs.

Old Tiger
01-09-2014, 10:10 AM
The data came from the respective team pages so their weights could be 20+/-. My son's weight on the North Texas site is listed at 249 lbs. He never weighed less than 260 lbs. the whole season.
I think they use pro day/combine data for those. For most of the more recent guys you can google their combine page.

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2014, 01:02 PM
The highlight tape A&M released of Johnny was pretty cool

1st and goal
01-09-2014, 01:24 PM
May 8th is NFL draft day.

One guy is saying this:
Dane Brugler has his doubts and says Manziel isn't a Top 10 pick in his estimation but that he will go in the top 5 because so many teams need a quarterback -- Houston with the No. 1 pick, Jacksonville at No. 3, Cleveland at No. 4 and Oakland at No. 5

So Brugler is covering both sides of the coin. Is that like grabbing your rear with both hands? Either he is or he isn't. Time will tell.

The guy can throw the rock, going or coming. I remember during the 2012 season when he was healthy that the DB coach said he only had 1 DB that was fast enough to catch JF.

I saw him last night at the Aggie/Arkansas Basketball game. He had plenty of pretty girls vying for his attention. (this is secretly why OT doesn't like him).... jk :)

1st and goal
01-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Ogbuehi says he's staying for his senior season. Awesome.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&ATCLID=209368433

1st and goal
01-09-2014, 01:37 PM
one more thang,

You can bet that whichever team gets him, will have the highest TV viewership of all NFL games that day.

What is that worth? For that reason alone, I hope he stays in Texas.

Cam
01-09-2014, 01:41 PM
He won't get past the Cleveland Browns.....

GrTigers6
01-09-2014, 02:03 PM
He won't get past the Cleveland Browns.....

Browns will get Kirk Cousins from the redskins:thinking:

1st and goal
03-27-2014, 08:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/texans-leave-manziel-s-pro-day-impressed-032714

JF's pro day near spotless. Even an ex president and the Governor there to see him.

taken from above link:

Despite a viewing crowd that included Rick Perry and George H.W. Bush, one man's opinion mattered more, Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien, and came away impressed.

"He made every throw, and he was well prepared," O'Brien told the Houston Chronicle. "I saw every throw I needed to see. He was very impressive."

Think of the TV revenues. Texans only stand to gain viewership as the Cowboy audience dwindles.