PDA

View Full Version : Red McCombs

Old Tiger
01-06-2014, 07:06 PM
I know he has donated a lot of money but UT needs to shut him out, seriously. While I'm on a rant, screw you too Joe Jamail.

1st and goal
01-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Now now Ot, once Charlie learns how to stroke the Billionares, he'll do fine.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2014, 10:00 AM

He will never do that..one of the main reasons Patterson hired him he wants to change the culture

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2014, 11:26 AM

Unless he produces Saban type results and does it quickly he won't last. Mediocrity is what got Mack despite his good standing.

Cam
01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I hear Red shaves his ass!.....:ack!:

YTBulldogs
01-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Unless he produces Saban type results and does it quickly he won't last. Mediocrity is what got Mack despite his good standing.

As it should be.

Gontex
01-08-2014, 12:39 PM
As it should be.

I agree, YT. University of Texas should be right there with the Sabans, Malzahns, Fishers, etc. Mack hasn't done the job for the last four years. He had the opportunity to fix his program and he couldn't do it. Red's favorite doesn't want the job. Gruden works one day a week and plays golf for six days. Sound like pretty close to the perfect job to me. It would be 24-7 at Texas.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2014, 12:43 PM
I agree, YT. University of Texas should be right there with the Sabans, Malzahns, Fishers, etc. Mack hasn't done the job for the last four years. He had the opportunity to fix his program and he couldn't do it. Red's favorite doesn't want the job. Gruden works one day a week and plays golf for six days. Sound like pretty close to the perfect job to me. It would be 24-7 at Texas.

I would not include Malzahn in a group just yet..lets see what he does past one year

Rabid Cougar
01-08-2014, 01:06 PM
I would not include Malzahn in a group just yet..lets see what he does past one year

Malzahn cannot hold Saban's brief case. He hasn't stayed anywhere for more than one or two years.

1st and goal
01-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Gruden was so uptight while coaching a losing game, I hate to think of his blood pressure numbers during those losing efforts. Golf is good for BP.

Trashman
01-08-2014, 07:23 PM
After listening to Red's interview on The Ticket today............he appears to be nothing more than a racist idiot.

NastySlot
01-08-2014, 07:45 PM
After listening to Red's interview on The Ticket today............he appears to be nothing more than a racist idiot.

Just curious what did he say? Not saying couldn't be a racist he might be but come on the guy has own professional teams and done a lot of other business with his other ventures.
He's had to deal with other races a lot.
I just don't buy that he's finally coming out now as a racist just because he doesn't think this new coach is good enough for his university. Why couldn't he just totally feel like Gruden was the man for the job.

the only thing different than what he has done and what most do on message boards was his forum for voicing his opinion was to the press.

Trashman
01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Just curious what did he say? Not saying couldn't be a racist he might be but come on the guy has own professional teams and done a lot of other business with his other ventures.
He's had to deal with other races a lot.
I just don't buy that he's finally coming out now as a racist just because he doesn't think this new coach is good enough for his university. Why couldn't he just totally feel like Gruden was the man for the job.

the only thing different than what he has done and what most do on message boards was his forum for voicing his opinion was to the press.

I don't know if the ticket does a pod cast or not. You need to listen for yourself. He was being interviewed by Dat Nuygen in San Antonio. He is entitled to his opinion, same as anyone else, but he came across as a spoiled brat that didn't get his way and was in my opinion racist.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't know if the ticket does a pod cast or not. You need to listen for yourself. He was being interviewed by Dat Nuygen in San Antonio. He is entitled to his opinion, same as anyone else, but he came across as a spoiled brat that didn't get his way and was in my opinion racist.

This was not about race..he hired Lucas to run Spurs and Green to run Vikings...this is about him not being part of the process and it pissed him off

NastySlot
01-08-2014, 08:41 PM

I'll try to find it....but I do agree it he is acting like a spoiled brat and entitled but then again he is a ..........nevermind.