PDA

View Full Version : Returning Seniors Factor

Bullaholic
01-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I think the No. 1 factor influencing High School football team success is the no. of returning seniors. I think if we look at all the SC teams, that they are overwhelmingly senior-laden every season. How do coaches mix their lineups to insure that groups of players mature and play together? Or can they, if they need to win right away?

GrTigers6
01-06-2014, 03:00 PM
I think the No. 1 factor influencing High School football team success is the no. of returning seniors. I think if we look at all the SC teams, that they are overwhelmingly senior-laden every season. How do coaches mix their lineups to insure that groups of players mature and play together? Or can they, if they need to win right away?Our 2012 team that advanced to the area finals in 2011 returned 27 seniors and had a great season and who knows where we would have landed if it wasn't for our best athlete getting a slipped disc in his back in the Brownwood game. I think it makes a ton of difference and this season we are returning several starters ( not sure the exact amount) and plus dropping down a class. So who knows where we will be this time next year. Possible beat our deepest run! Cant wait to find out though!

panfan
01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I think the No. 1 factor influencing High School football team success is the no. of returning seniors. I think if we look at all the SC teams, that they are overwhelmingly senior-laden every season. How do coaches mix their lineups to insure that groups of players mature and play together? Or can they, if they need to win right away?

Important distinction is returning seniors that were starters as juniors. We lost lots of seniors this year, but many of them were not starters.

Manso/V8
01-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Returning starters is a bigger factor.

regaleagle
01-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Returning starters is a bigger factor.

:ditto:

maestro
01-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Important distinction is returning seniors that were starters as juniors. We lost lots of seniors this year, but many of them were not starters.

Agree

HUGE difference between having seniors and senior LEADERSHIP.