PDA

View Full Version : BCS Championship Game- Auburn vs Florida St.

Bullaholic
01-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Who wins? Auburn still got "magic", or is Florida St just too good for them ?

GrTigers6
01-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Who wins? Auburn still got "magic", or is Florida St just too good for them ?

I don't believe FS has been challenged enough this year compared to Auburn. I think if auburn keeps it close then they will pull out the victory

YTBulldogs
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I think Auburn's luck runs out here.

Florida St. 50
Auburn 34

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
I have FSU picked to win. Hope it's not a blow out though.

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2014, 01:16 PM
I really, really want Auburn to win lol. I hate the ACC and think the entire conference is overrated. FSU gave up 150 rushing yards to Boston College and Andre Williams. I would like to think Auburn's o-line is a little bit better than BC's and Auburn also has a big playmaking quarterback. I think this may be one of the best Championships this decade with a power defense in FSU going up against the power run game of Auburn. I think Auburn finds a way, they have luck on their side.

Auburn 52
FSU 49

1st and goal
01-06-2014, 02:21 PM
I got to go with the underdog Auburn, and give me the points.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2014, 02:41 PM
As bad as I want the SEC to win another championship, I think FSU is by far the best team in the country. I'll be surprised if Auburn even keeps it close

Rabid Cougar
01-06-2014, 02:52 PM
War Eagle/Tiger/Toilet Paper Distributor

GrTigers6
01-06-2014, 02:55 PM
As bad as I want the SEC to win another championship, I think FSU is by far the best team in the country. I'll be surprised if Auburn even keeps it close

2 months ago everyone thought Alabama was the best team in the country! Just saying! Well except me lol Never thought it would be auburn that tripped them up!

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 09:10 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3824287/auburntd2.gif

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2014, 09:16 PM
SEC getting it done so far...

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Big 12 chest pounders are awfully quiet...

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Yikes...

FSU getting beat down.

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 09:57 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/832186009.gif?

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Big 12 chest pounders are awfully quiet...

Why do you care if Auburn wins? I just will never get it...be like rooting for the Eagles to win a SB cause they play in the NFC East

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Damn, I just want this game to end up being close.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Why do you care if Auburn wins? I just will never get it...be like rooting for the Eagles to win a SB cause they play in the NFC East

Because it would be 8 straight national championships, once again proving it's the elite conference.

But I picked fsu to win anyways

bwdlionfan
01-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Because it would be 8 straight national championships, once again proving it's the elite conference.

But I picked fsu to win anyways

Aggies live vicariously through other teams (anyone in the SEC and anyone playing against Texas).

Just because a team is in 'the best conference' doesn't make that team any more relevant than it was before it joined the SEC.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Aggies live vicariously through other teams (anyone in the SEC and anyone playing against Texas).

Just because a team is in 'the best conference' doesn't make that team any more relevant than it was before it joined the SEC.

Correct. But doing well in an elite conference means something. Plus, I'd rather play in a great conference than a crappy one.

NastySlot
01-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Winner Winner only the sixth day of the year and this post has to be up there for post of the year...........why cause you used the words "live vicariously"

classic...Thanks

regaleagle
01-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Correct. But doing well in an elite conference means something. Plus, I'd rather play in a great conference than a crappy one.

One thing you overlooked.....you're not playing.

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Wow...huge penalty.

regaleagle
01-06-2014, 11:22 PM
It ain't over by a long shot, but that personal foul after the TD by FS is a big one. They could've gone for 2.

44INAROW
01-06-2014, 11:31 PM
No joke😜. That was a big penalty...

I have turned the sound off on The game and am listening to Classic Rock on Pandora....Much more enjoyable than listening to Mushberger's drivel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Wow...kick six

NastySlot
01-06-2014, 11:38 PM
WOW guess I got home at the right time....been good since I turned it on

regaleagle
01-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Wow...kick six

Great game now. Great term too.

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Great game now. Great term too.

Lol, thought it was appropriate after Auburn's miracle kick six vs Bama.

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Lol...just like that.

Great run.

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 11:52 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3825533/mason.gif

Roughneck93
01-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Awesome.

Roughneck93
01-07-2014, 12:03 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/832199192.gif

Tejastrue
01-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Little bit of everything in this game. Just a privilege to watch.

Phil C
01-07-2014, 12:18 AM
A great close game indeed. I didn't really care who won like most but I wanted to see a great game which we got. But I am glad that the SEC doesn't have another one to crow about.

Roughneck93
01-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Great game.

Game winning TD in the VY endzone too...:D

Better yet, no more BcS!

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/tim-tebow-and-johnny-manziel-fist-bump.gif

regaleagle
01-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Just a great way to end the Bowl season and college football for the year.

regaleagle
01-07-2014, 12:21 AM
One of the few outdoor venues tonite in the nation where the weather was nice.

YTBulldogs
01-07-2014, 12:23 AM
One of the few outdoor venues tonite in the nation where the weather was nice.

Damn global warming.

regaleagle
01-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Damn global warming.

Hey....it's supposed to be 72 in SA on Friday. Might hafta pull out the clubs, lol. It is now officially golf season.

regaleagle
01-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Hooray for Fla. State. You might say I have very close ties to that university....for quite a few years.

Old Tiger
01-07-2014, 01:33 AM
The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN 19m

Jameis Winston just raped the dictionary with that post game interview

hookandladder
01-07-2014, 07:23 AM

Man you hit the nail on the head, just do not understand why they feel that way. I could give a rats ass if OU would have been playing last night and won, just what good would have an OU win done for Texas. ATM is not better off just because there conference was playing in the NC game last night, play for one and win it then talk some smack.

Old Tiger
01-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Man you hit the nail on the head, just do not understand why they feel that way. I could give a rats ass if OU would have been playing last night and won, just what good would have an OU win done for Texas. ATM is not better off just because there conference was playing in the NC game last night, play for one and win it then talk some smack.

TexAgs is ridiculous right now with anti FSU post and pro SEC post.

Gsquared
01-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Aggies went 4-4 in the conference, thats tied for 7th place overall in the SEC. i like a&m actually but I this year they didnt do well, last year they finish third in the conference, or fourth, cant remember, but thats MAYBE doing well, but not great.

Old Tiger
01-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Aggies went 4-4 in the conference, thats tied for 7th place overall in the SEC. i like a&m actually but I this year they didnt do well, last year they finish third in the conference, or fourth, cant remember, but thats MAYBE doing well, but not great.

Technically they finished 5/6 last year.

hookandladder
01-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Another thing that is amazing is Mizzouri and Auburn combined for 2 wins last year in the sec and finish 1st and 2nd this year, how many teams in a major conference go from the bottom to the top in one year. Is it coaching or is it that the sec was really not that stong this year. I mean FSU was not that impressive last night.

caleb_mccaig
01-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Another thing that is amazing is Mizzouri and Auburn combined for 2 wins last year in the sec and finish 1st and 2nd this year, how many teams in a major conference go from the bottom to the top in one year. Is it coaching or is it that the sec was really not that stong this year. I mean FSU was not that impressive last night.

FSU wasn't impressive because they played an actual decent defensive front and a team that hit them in the mouth running the ball. Auburn was unlike any team FSU had seen all year and you can tell they were flustered.

Awesome game, glad I was a part of it. IMO it was better than UT and USC. I'm not a UT fan so I only appreciate that game so much.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2014, 11:00 AM
FSU wasn't impressive because they played an actual decent defensive front and a team that hit them in the mouth running the ball. Auburn was unlike any team FSU had seen all year and you can tell they were flustered.

Awesome game, glad I was a part of it. IMO it was better than UT and USC. I'm not a UT fan so I only appreciate that game so much.

Auburn was average to below average in D..lets not now pretend they were some defensive force.

Old Tiger
01-07-2014, 11:14 AM

The build up to Texas/USC is what made that game the best ever. 1/2 all season, both undefeated, USC being touted as the greatest team of all time by ESPN, 2 Heisman winners on the field, and the finish was amazing. 4th and 5, google it.

GrTigers6
01-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Auburn was average to below average in D..lets not now pretend they were some defensive force.they weren't most of the game last night! But yeah most of the year the offense bailed them out

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2014, 11:21 AM

20-6 in 2 years? 4-4 in the most dominant conference not too bad. Not good, but not bad considering how terrible the defense was.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Fell asleep in the 3rd qtr with auburn up 21-10 I think. :/

Damn working life

Old Tiger
01-07-2014, 11:27 AM

Damn working life

amateur, here is how it works

fall asleep in the first half so when you wake up in the second half you can see what the score is and if its close keep watching then go back to sleep. If it's a blowout just go back to sleep

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Comparison
Vaunted Florida State defense gives up the same number of yards to Tre Mason as the Aggies very bad defense.
JFF throws for nearly twice as many yards as Winston on the very same Auburn Defense.

A&M Vs Auburn
Passing: J. Manziel (TA&M) - 454 YDS, 4 TD, 2 INT
Rushing: T. Mason (AUB) - 27 CAR, 178 YDS, 1 TD

Florida State Vs Auburn
Passing: J. Winston (FSU) - 237 YDS, 2 TD
Rushing: T. Mason (AUB) - 34 CAR, 195 YDS, 1 TD

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2014, 11:42 AM

fall asleep in the first half so when you wake up in the second half you can see what the score is and if its close keep watching then go back to sleep. If it's a blowout just go back to sleep

:ditto:

caleb_mccaig
01-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Auburn was average to below average in D..lets not now pretend they were some defensive force.

Their defense as a whole wasn't a great defense this year, but their defensive front four has been one of the best in the SEC all year and you really saw them cause havoc for Jameis all night.

Cam
01-07-2014, 12:08 PM

Damn working life

:spitlol:....No way Sag???....and I thought I was the only one!....I fell asleep in the 3rd too!!....Woke up during the trophy presentation!......guess I wasn't that interested........is HS football season here yet?...........

hookandladder
01-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Just my opinion but no way in hell this game compared to the Texas-USC matchup , also UA defense was not much worth bragging about coming from the famous SEC defense conference.The SEC ia just like most all schools, they cannot stop a good spread team. Now days you just try to contain them and score more points, look at all the high scoring games this last couple years in the SEC.

1st and goal
01-07-2014, 12:22 PM

But I woke up and it was a blowout 21-10 or something like that and I guess I fell back asleep.

caleb_mccaig
01-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Just my opinion but no way in hell this game compared to the Texas-USC matchup , also UA defense was not much worth bragging about coming from the famous SEC defense conference.The SEC ia just like most all schools, they cannot stop a good spread team. Now days you just try to contain them and score more points, look at all the high scoring games this last couple years in the SEC.

Yeah, to each their own, both awesome games. Even though Texas technically played a team that didn't exist in that season.

Auburn's defense I think was 60th in the country. But they came to play and if you watched FSU any, I only watched like 4 or 5 games this year, then you would have noticed the difference the Auburn front four had on the game. I hadn't seen Jameis run like that or be pressured all year. Regardless, Jameis showed why he won the Heisman last night on that final drive.

LSU stopped Oregon dead cold a few years ago in the opener, and they held A&M to 10 points and less than 300 yards this year, so some SEC teams can still stop spread teams. It was a down year in the SEC in defense though, I'll agree with that.

Old Tiger
01-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I think I get it now....

SEC > every team ever!

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I think I get it now....

SEC > every team ever!

Not a big "SEC better than everyone else" person even before ATM made the move. I tend to root for the underdog/ or whatever team is not ESPN's favorite in Bowl games unless I have a dog in the fight. So naturally, I was pulling for Auburn and was even pulling for OU(and I despise OU).
Certainly no fan of FSU or Alabama.

Good Bowl Season though. I was 2-0 with "my" teams.

GrTigers6
01-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Well you know the SEC had to let someone else win it or the other conferences would lose interest:D