PDA

View Full Version : UT Starting QB

Bullaholic
01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Who gets the nod with Strong? I'm thinking that freshman Jerrod Heard will have a strong shot at the job.

Rabid Cougar
01-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Depends upon the OC. I really think half the team (figure of speach) will not be back next year. This guy doesn't put up with the BS that has been prevalent in the past.

GrTigers6
01-06-2014, 11:05 AM
None of the existing QB's are any good. He would be better off with a new one

OldBison75
01-06-2014, 11:16 AM
This will be an interesting spring. The new coaches and system will put everybody on even ground to start practices and who knows who will shine in the new system. Heard will have a good chance to prove himself early, but, we don't know if there is another QB that was on the coaches recruit list at Louisville might change commitments to Texas.

What I like here is that every single player on this team is starting over in a new system and no one is guaranteed a starting job. I think the competition will be good for this team. There are some very good players on this team and if they have a new attitude and have to work for everything they get, they will get better. They will be competitive in this first year, but, I expect it will be year three before we really see huge change and consistency.

Macarthur
01-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Tough schedule to start the year next year. A true freshman at QB could result in some lumps early.

Macarthur
01-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Byu brings back much of the team that gave ut fits and hundley announced that he's coming back to ucla. What happens if he starts 1-2 ?

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Byu brings back much of the team that gave ut fits and hundley announced that he's coming back to ucla. What happens if he starts 1-2 ?

first year it is all about how hard they play and do they look at least like they have a clue

Old Tiger
01-06-2014, 11:30 AM

Texas brings in competent defensive coaching unlike last year at BYU.

Aesculus gilmus
01-06-2014, 11:33 AM

It is enough for me that he won't a flabby old fart clapping and constantly saying "give (whatever team just beat the hell out of us) credit!"

This guy is more likely tp go all "Junction Boys" on his players after a loss. The Clapper would've just taken them on a field trip to Red McCombs' ranch for R&R.

1st and goal
01-06-2014, 11:36 AM
it is enough for me that he won't a flabby old fart clapping and constantly saying "give (whatever team just beat the hell out of us) credit!"

this guy is more likely tp go all "junction boys" on his players after a loss. The clapper would've just taken them on a field trip to red mccombs' ranch for r&r.
roflmao...

SHSBulldog00
01-06-2014, 11:38 AM
This will be an interesting spring. The new coaches and system will put everybody on even ground to start practices and who knows who will shine in the new system. Heard will have a good chance to prove himself early, but, we don't know if there is another QB that was on the coaches recruit list at Louisville might change commitments to Texas.

What I like here is that every single player on this team is starting over in a new system and no one is guaranteed a starting job. I think the competition will be good for this team. There are some very good players on this team and if they have a new attitude and have to work for everything they get, they will get better. They will be competitive in this first year, but, I expect it will be year three before we really see huge change and consistency.

Enter Quarterback Tyler Murphy and offensive lineman Ian Silberman.

"Tyler Murphy, the quarterback transfer from UF, wants to play for Strong. Also an offensive lineman that transferred from UF, Ian Silberman, is the same way."

Murphy, as a graduate, can play immediately. He's not a savior, but he's a capable body that could allow Heard to redshirt and compete with David Ash to start. He has to like UT's depth chart and the fact that every position is open to competition and up for grabs. Louisville, with Bridgewater headed to the NFL, was the perfect fit. Texas isn't much less ideal.

I recalled Silberman. He was a big name, top 100 national player in 2010. He projects to guard which isn't the greatest need but he's a player who would likely come because of the new staff.

Plus many more possibilities.

Macarthur
01-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Texas brings in competent defensive coaching unlike last year at BYU.

Probably but byu is going to be a tough game.

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Probably but byu is going to be a tough game.

we will see..I think UT made thaty game tougher than it should have been

Macarthur
01-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I think if I'm strong, I redshirt heard. Go with the upperclassmen for your first year.

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Enter Quarterback Tyler Murphy and offensive lineman Ian Silberman.

"Tyler Murphy, the quarterback transfer from UF, wants to play for Strong. Also an offensive lineman that transferred from UF, Ian Silberman, is the same way."

Murphy, as a graduate, can play immediately. He's not a savior, but he's a capable body that could allow Heard to redshirt and compete with David Ash to start. He has to like UT's depth chart and the fact that every position is open to competition and up for grabs. Louisville, with Bridgewater headed to the NFL, was the perfect fit. Texas isn't much less ideal.

I recalled Silberman. He was a big name, top 100 national player in 2010. He projects to guard which isn't the greatest need but he's a player who would likely come because of the new staff.

Plus many more possibilities.

Wasn't Tyler Murphy the guy who led Florida to the loss against Georgia Southern......I may be wrong.

maestro
01-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I hope that Texas realizes that their best hope for qb is probably not on campus right now.

YTBulldogs
01-06-2014, 01:58 PM
I hope that Texas realizes that their best hope for qb is probably not on campus right now.

I think they are fully aware of that.

Emerson1
01-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Overstreet.

cowboyandchrist
01-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Overstreet.
I watched this kid grow up, his daddy was all state running back and played at Baylor. His uncle all American at TCU and linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys and the best high school football player I ever saw. Overstreet was a good QB at Tatum, but I think he could play at the next level as a safety. He is fast, and hits like a mack truck. Texas played him at running back this year due to injuries. He was suspended for grades before the bowl game. He has the size, speed and arm strength to play QB, but I don't know if he would be a great college QB.