PDA

View Full Version : Army All Star Game in San Antonio

YTBulldogs
01-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Ohio State, A&M and Oklahoma cleaning house with declarations. ou gets #1 RB (Joe Mixon) over 50 other colleges. A&M get's a solid top QB ( Kyle Allen) and a WR to replace what they lost. First time in awhile, Texas shut out of the major recruits. Even Heard said he's not sure now with is commitment due to coaching change at Texas. Is now considering Nebraska and Boise State.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Heard not going anywhere

When Texas finally does officially name Charlie Strong as its next head coach, don’t expect Jerrod Heard to start exploring other options.

After a strong performance in the U.S. Army All-American Game, the four-star Denton Guyer quarterback told reporters that he is happy with Strong taking over for Mack Brown and his verbal commitment is still strong.

Great stuff from Jerrod Heard (@JHeard2). Not reopening his recruiting. If Charlie Strong is named new #Horns HC, called him “a great hire.”

— Damon Sayles (@DamonSayles) January 4, 2014

Jerrod Heard on potential hiring of Strong: “Charlie Strong is a great coach. I’m 100% committed to Texas.” #Longhorns

— Dave Behr (@DaveBehrAAS) January 4, 2014

This season, Heard passed for 2,136 yards, rushed for 2,161 yards and scored 49 total touchdowns en route to leading Denton Guyer to its second consecutive state title. Tabbed as the next Vince Young, Heard is ranked as the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback in the nation and No. 9 overall player in the state.

Heard originally committed to Texas in the summer over offers from Arizona State, Baylor, LSU, Ohio State and others. Last month, Heard told Rivals.com that he was ‘pretty sure’ he was with Texas after Mack Brown announced his resignation.

“It’s more than just one person and I’ll just be patient and see who they bring in,” he said. “I wish Coach Brown the best. I’m just going to finish my high school career and see who they bring in.”

It looks like Heard has no problem with Strong taking over.

1st and goal
01-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Surprise commit by Houston Westside 6' 7" receiver Ihenacho to A&M. Not sure about that spelling.