PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Swoopes

orange machine
01-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Will not be the qb for Texas ever. The Heard Kid from Denton Guyer will take over next year. I see Swoopes moving to tightened.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Will not be the qb for Texas ever. The Heard Kid from Denton Guyer will take over next year. I see Swoopes moving to tightened.

good. He sucks.

Old Tiger
01-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I was strongly adamant about Texas not going after JT Barrett in that class and choosing Swoopes over him.

NastySlot
01-02-2014, 11:42 PM

sure you want to move him or maybe let it play out? Which ever one loses out might need to be the backup?

orange machine
01-02-2014, 11:43 PM
I was strongly adamant about Texas not going after JT Barrett in that class and choosing Swoopes over him.

The thing is Swoopes did nothing in high school that was all that great. The only thing he did real good was run the football, but when your 6'5 230lbs playing 2a football you should be a beast. I watched him play basketball 3 or 4 times and thought he should play college basketball; he was dang near impossible to contain.

orange machine
01-02-2014, 11:46 PM
sure you want to move him or maybe let it play out? Which ever one loses out might need to be the backup?

Swoopes is not a backup; he isn't a qb at this level. He and Texas are wasting each others times with him a qb. He would be a better defensive end than a qb, he is a great athlete but a awful qb.

orange machine
01-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Swoopes is another example of poor recruiting at the qb position for Mack.

YTBulldogs
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Let Oscar Giles, Texas DE coach (former Palacios standout) have him and make him a DE. Oscar is the only coach I'd retain off that staff. But, I bet he's gone too. But yes, Swoopes is no QB. Tryout for Barnes and the hoops team if he can't play another football position.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Let Oscar Giles, Texas DE coach (former Palacios standout) have him and make him a DE. Oscar is the only coach I'd retain off that staff. But, I bet he's gone too. But yes, Swoopes is no QB. Tryout for Barnes and the hoops team if he can't play another football position.

I think Akina should get a look..dude has helped continue DBU for UT

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
I think Akina should get a look..dude has helped continue DBU for UT

That depends on the style of defense Texas wants to run. Akina is great when it comes to man up coverage but he can't coach zone skills to save his life.

IMO is a list of guys who definitely need to be gone:

Major Applewhite - Too much Mack/GD in him.
Bruce Chambers - Seriously, Texas hasn't had a good tight end since Jermichael Finley.
Bo Davis - After the past two years of DT recruiting.
Larry Porter
Jeff Madden
Bennie Wylie
Brian Davis - Dude continually screws up at his job.

Only these coaches should get consideration for staying depending on schemes and such.

Stacey Searles
Oscar Giles
Duane Akina
Darrell Wyatt - Torn on this one honestly.

NastySlot
01-03-2014, 12:40 AM
That depends on the style of defense Texas wants to run. Akina is great when it comes to man up coverage but he can't coach zone skills to save his life.

I never like to bash a coach so not here...more questioning and I guess you would be a good one to ask and have answer is Akina really that great or just a benefactor of incredible talent?

Macarthur
01-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Swoopes is not a backup; he isn't a qb at this level. He and Texas are wasting each others times with him a qb. He would be a better defensive end than a qb, he is a great athlete but a awful qb.

I'm not a ut fan but in Mack's defense, everyone offered swoopes. Everyone.

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
I never like to bash a coach so not here...more questioning and I guess you would be a good one to ask and have answer is Akina really that great or just a benefactor of incredible talent?

Probably a mixture of both but isn't that true for a lot of coaches?

NastySlot
01-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Probably a mixture of both but isn't that true for a lot of coaches?

sure it is. In you opinion who was an average db that he made better? Like I said not trying to bash him....was talking to a buddy who thinks the Ags should make a push for him. I was just wondering could he make a difference at A&M with the db s we have and you've seen our db's.

Additup
01-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Swoopes is another example of poor recruiting at the qb position for Mack.
That's what happens when Alumni want to brag about signing 5 stars in Feb. Instead of taking kids you feel can help, you let Rivals tell you who's the best and sign 'em. If Mack Brown wouild have "wasted" a scholarship at QB on a 3 star Manziel or a 4 star RG III, the alumni would have gone CRAZY - almost as CRAZY as they did when they signed the 5 star can't miss QB named Gilbert. Keep lettting alumni drive decisions.

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 12:57 AM
sure it is. In you opinion who was an average db that he made better? Like I said not trying to bash him....was talking to a buddy who thinks the Ags should make a push for him. I was just wondering could he make a difference at A&M with the db s we have and you've seen our db's.

Michael Griffin
Aaron Ross

Were all 3 star or lower recruits if I remember correct.

AJ Williams was a QB/CB in HS and Akina converted him to safety and he was a 2cd round pick

The only one off the top of my head who was just a total BA from day 1 was Earl Thomas who is just a sick talent.

He did a good job with Blake Gideon, for as much crap has he gets from Texas fans he had a good career at Texas.

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 12:57 AM
If Akina isn't retained I see him going back to Arizona.

orange machine
01-03-2014, 01:36 AM
I really think Swoopes would fit in great at DE if he is tough enough. He has got the frame to add another 30 or 40 pounds. When I watch him run he looks very stiff and has problems moving his hips which is a must at receiver.