PDA

View Full Version : Would Manziel fit into Texans offense?

Scoop27
01-02-2014, 01:16 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/

carter08
01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
We don't know yet what type schemes O brien will run, who his coordinators will be, or which players will be back.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

YTBulldogs
01-02-2014, 01:26 PM
No way. Not with the #1 pick. Great and exciting college QB though.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I'd do it.

1st and goal
01-02-2014, 02:42 PM
No way. Not with the #1 pick. Great and exciting college QB though.

OK Mack, put him at corner back.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm no hater. You really think he's a first overall pick of a draft player? Not saying he isn't, just Houston has more important issue's than a QB.

caleb_mccaig
01-02-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm no hater. You really think he's a first overall pick of a draft player? Not saying he isn't, just Houston has more important issue's than a QB.

If I was in charge of the Texan's I wouldn't take Bridgewater or Manziel. I think they're both too risky. I think the safest pick is Matthews. They need O-Line help and usually lineman work out from draft.

carter08
01-02-2014, 03:36 PM
I would not go o line. We have Quessenberry on ir to put in the lineup. He's no Matthews, sure, but o line help can be found later. It's either Bridgewater or Clowney, or trade down to five for both of Cleveland's first round picks.

carter08
01-02-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't love Johnny, but I think I've been convinced that he's the second best qb in this draft.

Roughneck93
01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I've read that the Browns have interest in Johnny at #4.

It would suck seeing him in this...

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/b4cc8e91640285e0ac89f4da13788a2d.jpg

:ack!:

I wouldn't wish the Browns on my worst enemy.

caleb_mccaig
01-02-2014, 03:52 PM
I've read that the Browns have interest in Johnny at #4.

It would suck seeing him in this...

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/b4cc8e91640285e0ac89f4da13788a2d.jpg

:ack!:

I wouldn't wish the Browns on my worst enemy.

Who knows, he would have the best WR in the league statistically......and he missed the first two games.

Macarthur
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM

Agree somewhat. Who knows if he will be agreat pro.

But I will say this, he was the best football player in college the last two years and it's not even close. If they're not drafting him because of measurables and fear of the off the field personna, I can understand. But don't for one minute make the case that bridge water or that dude that played baylor last night are better players. Because they ain't!

1st and goal
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
I think Johnny would rather play at A&M for free then follow in McCoy's footsteps. Personally, I think there are plenty of fine OLine picks to be had in successive rounds. It'd have to be a brick wall for me to spend my first pick on one. Defensively, It would have to be a player with the caliber of game changing athleticism like N. Suh for me to use my 1st round pick. Texan's spent the last half of the season going back and forth between Shaub and Keenum. They do need O line help badly. But for the 1st pick, you could trade for 3 proven Offensive linemen easily. Maybe more.

I'm not sold on T. Bridgewater. Bortles really showed me last night he's the real deal. Right behind Manziel and Matthews. :)

Don't you know Johnny is doing all the behind the scenes calling and such to see who would want him, and at what pick #. So he can make his mind up. Should I stay or should I go?

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't want my team to play against Johnny even in the pros... I wouldn't say that about any other qb in this draft. I think that says enough.

Snotbubbles
01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't want my team to play against Johnny even in the pros... I wouldn't say that about any other qb in this draft. I think that says enough.

SA, you go to A&M, that say's much more IMO. LOL.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
SA, you go to A&M, that say's much more IMO. LOL.

Lol, so you think there's a better qb in this draft?

Snotbubbles
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol, so you think there's a better qb in this draft?

Just as good. About half a dozen I'd take. But, not with the first overall take. With the depth in this draft at QB (might be a reason JM waits a year too, I might add. Would not be surprised he returns to A&M), I'd take Clowney #1 (heads and shoulders above other DL'ers IMO). Then, if I was Houston, I'd take a WR with my #2 pick. Johnson is getting old. Then in 3rd to 6th rounds, I'd take a AJ McCarron type QB that should be available.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Based on needs, I don't see Houston taking a QB before 5th round myself. I agree, it's deep this year with NFL caliber QB's in this draft. I can see a couple defenders going with their first 3 picks really. Or, 2 OL'ers following their #1 pick, if they want to shore that up before worry about a QB. Too many issues of concerns more important than a QB that they can get in mid rounds.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Just as good. About half a dozen I'd take. But, not with the first overall take. With the depth in this draft at QB (might be a reason JM waits a year too, I might add. Would not be surprised he returns to A&M), I'd take Clowney #1 (heads and shoulders above other DL'ers IMO). Then, if I was Houston, I'd take a WR with my #2 pick. Johnson is getting old. Then in 3rd to 6th rounds, I'd take a AJ McCarron type QB that should be available.

So you'd draft a DE with JJ watt, Antonio Smith and Whitney Mercilus (1st rd pick 2 years ago) on board? Smart.

Half a dozen qbs as good as Manziel?? Ok...

Snotbubbles
01-02-2014, 10:52 PM
So you'd draft a DE with JJ watt, Antonio Smith and Whitney Mercilus (1st rd pick 2 years ago) on board? Smart.

Half a dozen qbs as good as Manziel?? Ok...

Yes, and I'd move a player or trade. None as good as Clowney IMO. Regards to QB's, it's the NFL. His running around ability don't work here. It's been proven time after time. So, not sure Manzel is really the best QB coming out. If he comes out at all. Everyone caught up in his running around magic tricks, that NFL speed will eat up. Ask RG3 and several others in the past. He's good, but--not top NFL caliber they want IMO.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Yes, and I'd move a player or trade. None as good as Clowney IMO. Regards to QB's, it's the NFL. His running around ability don't work here. It's been proven time after time. So, not sure Manzel is really the best QB coming out. If he comes out at all. Everyone caught up in his running around magic tricks, that NFL speed will eat up. Ask RG3 and several others in the past. He's good, but--not top NFL caliber they want IMO.
Good thing he's a pass first qb

And DE is probably the only position that Houston doesn't need at all

Old Tiger
01-02-2014, 11:21 PM
I don't think his style of play fits into the NFL, I also don't think he has the frame to deal with hits he could take in the league. Houston needs to go OL big time. This isn't a strong qb draft, especially with #1 pick.

Macarthur
01-03-2014, 12:43 AM
I don't think his style of play fits into the NFL, I also don't think he has the frame to deal with hits he could take in the league. Houston needs to go OL big time. This isn't a strong qb draft, especially with #1 pick.

His style. Like the pinpoint accuracy and incredible touch he's shown?

His passing has been incredible. Everyone wants to just talk about his running around in the nfl, but everyone seems to overlook how much better his passing was.

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 12:46 AM
His style. Like the pinpoint accuracy and incredible touch he's shown?

His passing has been incredible. Everyone wants to just talk about his running around in the nfl, but everyone seems to overlook how much better his passing was.

He throws simple concepts

Macarthur
01-03-2014, 12:49 AM
He throws simple concepts

All colleges run much simpler systems than the nfl. All the guys in the nfl were once in college too.

I follow several former nfl scout types on twitter. To a man, they all raved about his accuracy and arm strength.

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 12:51 AM
All colleges run much simpler systems than the nfl. All the guys in the nfl were once in college too.

I follow several former nfl scout types on twitter. To a man, they all raved about his accuracy and arm strength.

Guess we will see at the next level when those windows get even smaller. I just don't think he is as accurate as people say.

Macarthur
01-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Guess we will see at the next level when those windows get even smaller. I just don't think he is as accurate as people say.

Lots of folks that do it for a living like him. But who knows. There are tons of examples on both sides. Remember Brady was a 6th rounder. It's pretty much a crap shoot.

Snotbubbles
01-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Good thing he's a pass first qb

And DE is probably the only position that Houston doesn't need at all

SA, you gotta take them blinders off girlfriend. Just picture Clowney on one end, JJ on the other, and maybe one of those other's you mentioned at another DL or LB position? Or, trade to gain more draft picks one of those other's. If you followed Clowney at all, you've seen what a player he is. Last year, he had single blocking on him and had amazing totals. This year, not a single game did he face less than two blockers on him at all times. Times even 3 and 4 blocking him. He's a beast. I'm aware you love your boy from the college you attend. But, Manzel isn't the smart play for Houston. It's a heart pick for you. I understand. Houston is ok now at QB anyways. Shore up the OL and we'll be moving it consistently once again.

Regards to Clowney this year. I have no clue why the Old Ball Coach didn't move him around prior to snap to help disrupt the pre-snap blocking schemes teams had game planned against him. Decrease those double, triple+ blockers trying to contain him too. In the NFL, they can't afford to double him as much. Or, Mr. Watt and Company will make them pay the price in doing so.

Roughneck93
01-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Bill O'Brien on QBs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmH7jvQN4zk&sns=em

caleb_mccaig
01-03-2014, 04:27 PM
It would be the ideal situation if the Texans can find a way to trade their pick. I wouldn't even mind if Dallas found a way to get up there without giving up to much to get Clowney. It would probably take three first round picks though.

Macarthur
01-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Good video.

Trashman
01-03-2014, 05:06 PM
It would be the ideal situation if the Texans can find a way to trade their pick. I wouldn't even mind if Dallas found a way to get up there without giving up to much to get Clowney. It would probably take three first round picks though.

I hope not....Jerrah has enough clowns on this team as it is.......

Old Tiger
01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't think the Cowboys can afford the #1 overall pick.