PDA

View Full Version : TV Annoucers critizing playing surfaces at bowl games

Scoop27
01-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Seems like I heard a lot of the bowl game commentator saying the playing turf was either in bad shape and slippery. Especially tonight Baylor game.
Have yall noticed a problem and why ?

regaleagle
01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Wearing the wrong type of turf shoe for the kind of artificial turf.

Rabid Cougar
01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Wearing the wrong type of turf shoe for the kind of artificial turf.

Baylor announcers were bitching about it. It is the same real grass that the Cardinals play on.

Macarthur
01-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I heard it last night but not so much in the other games. Seems to me that baylor was focusing way too much on this.

caleb_mccaig
01-02-2014, 10:33 AM
I heard it last night but not so much in the other games. Seems to me that baylor was focusing way too much on this.

Yeah, I think it was pretty ridiculous how much slipping there was but in no way is it an excuse. Also, I haven't ever heard of the grass there being in poor condition for a football game, but I do remember a few USMNT matches being played there and the pitch did not hold up whatsoever. That may be just because of the type of grass and the grass in soccer having to be cut extremely short.

Aesculus gilmus
01-02-2014, 10:36 AM
God invented FieldTurf for a reason. He realized He screwed up when he made grass.

cougartino
01-02-2014, 10:46 AM
San Diego and Orlando use the same stadium for bowls games what are within days of each other. Arizona and Nashville have games shortly after their NFL seasons conclude. I think Reliant does as well. Reliant removes the grass and replaces with field turf for high school games. They did the same for SWAC championship. Strange that even after the Texans were done, they didn't for the Texas Bowl. Bowls games are beginning to be like airliners. They're $tuffing as many in as po$$ible.

caleb_mccaig
01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
San Diego and Orlando use the same stadium for bowls games what are within days of each other. Arizona and Nashville have games shortly after their NFL seasons conclude. I think Reliant does as well. Reliant removes the grass and replaces with field turf for high school games. They did the same for SWAC championship. Strange that even after the Texans were done, they didn't for the Texas Bowl. Bowls games are beginning to be like airliners. They're $tuffing as many in as po$$ible.

$$$$$$$$$$

Agreed.

Emerson1
01-02-2014, 11:21 AM
It's not the cleats when chunks of grass are coming up. I forget which game it was, maybe Fiesta I was half asleep, on the kickoff the kicker planted and there was a massive divot left.

caleb_mccaig
01-02-2014, 11:35 AM
It's not the cleats when chunks of grass are coming up. I forget which game it was, maybe Fiesta I was half asleep, on the kickoff the kicker planted and there was a massive divot left.

Yeah, I remember that. The UCF kicker totally slipped and ate it and somehow made contact with ball, terribly I might add.