PDA

View Full Version : A Clown or Clowney (Houston's #1 pick?)

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Ok, let's see if Clowney steps his game up vs. Wisconsin. Game just now kicking off in the Capital One Bowl. I think he become bored, and will now prove he is deserving of where all the guru's have him being projected to go in draft. Wisconsin will be a good game to see his abilities in the NFL.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 01:45 PM
After 1st quarter, I predict Texans leaning towards Bridgewater. More to come.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 01:57 PM
BW just now officially announces he's going pro. Projected #1 pick by ESPN. Looking good Texans. See if Clowney receives the news and steps up his current game.

Snotbubbles
01-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Don't be stupid Houston. Take Clowney, make a few deals and get ya another QB mid pack of 1st round. I agree, Bridgewater top QB out there, but--not sure he's that good to take #1.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 02:21 PM
I agree Snot. Watching Clowney play against a minimum of double teams each play and sometimes 3 or four on him today, he's a amazing athlete. Think he can play LB'er at the next level, or one of Houston's current DE's move there?

Clowney certainly forces college teams to place a few players (unlike last year when he killed them) on him each play. At the pro's, that can't happen.

Snotbubbles
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
My assessment of Texans really. They need a WR after the Clowney pick, more than a QB. Johnson is getting old. Still can get a usable QB in mid rounds.

Phil C
01-01-2014, 03:02 PM
After 1st quarter, I predict Texans leaning towards Bridgewater. More to come.

I hope so. When rebuilding you always need to get the QB and build around him. Like the Cowboys did with Troy and the Steelers with Terry.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I hope so. When rebuilding you always need to get the QB and build around him. Like the Cowboys did with Troy and the Steelers with Terry.

LOL. One problem. BW is no Troy or Terry. Clowney is putting on a show today against double and triple teams. Speed off ball and chasing play away is incredible. Him opposite of JJ.:eek:

If I was the old ball coach, I'd move Clowney around prior to snap, to help avoid them double and triple teams against him.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 04:03 PM
OMG, he's a beast. See that power rush over two blockers, unstoppable. Putting on a one man show. JJ Swatt and Clowney as bookends on that Texan line. Awwwwww, back in the playoff's for my Texans in 2014.

Snotbubbles
01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
No clown. Wow. 3 or 4 deflections, half a dozen tackles, QB pressures. And, all while double and triple teamed. :1popcorn:

Officially declares after the game too. That was neat. Now, don't blow it Houston. JJ and Clowney on the ends for next 5+ years, unstoppable. Poor QB's they'll face.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Enuff said. WOW!!!!:clap:

regaleagle
01-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I vote Clowney for HTown(ey). :smoker:;)