Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 11:03 AM
http://myurbanaccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/blackmonday-1.jpg

Shanahan fired in Washington

Frazier fired in Minnesota.

Chudzinski fired in Cleveland.

Sweetwater Red
12-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I like Schwartz and I want stability for my team as would any fan for their team but Detroit and Oakland
both are the poster children for in disciplined play, that falls on the coaches and Schwartz seems the most
undisciplined of them all with his behavior. He's wreckless and that's how his team and his QB play.

Right now I'd say I'm 60/40 against them giving him a 6th year. There is just to much talent on this team
to allow it to under acheive for yet another year. Personally, I think the Ford family will keep him around
for the full length of his contract which is two years simply because I think they adore him much the way
they did Wayne Fontes and his 4-12, 12-4, 3-13, 10-6 roller coaster like records when Barry was carrying
the rock. We shall see though.

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Schiano and GM Dominik fired in Tampa Bay.

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Schwartz fired in Detroit.

GrTigers6
12-30-2013, 12:18 PM
According to Mike Fisher Kiffin and jones are talking retirement deal. But kiffin said last night he wanted to stay. Not sure is gonna happen there!

Sweetwater Red
12-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Schwartz fired in Detroit.

Well that settles that. I'm betting this incident was the tipping point. Usually when you begin to alienate the fan base
you're done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XfbDV3LxBdE

Detroit Lions' Jim Schwartz disappointed by boos, but denies yelling at fans

Jim Schwartz was captured on the broadcast shouting in the general direction of fans as the Ford Field crowd showered the Detroit Lions with boos at the end of regulation.

DETROIT -- In the closing minutes of regulation, during the team's overtime loss to the New York Giants, the Ford Field crowd mercilessly booed the Detroit Lions and the team's decision to conservatively play for overtime.

FOX broadcast cameras caught agitated Lions coach Jim Schwartz seemingly yelling in the direction of the fans.

After the contest, Schwartz admitted he was disappointed by the crowd reaction given the game was still on the line, but insisted his tirade was not directed at the fans.

"I wasn't addressing the crowd, I was just trying to get our team fired up," Schwartz said. "I think the psyche of the team at that point, we needed to have that spark. We needed to feel like we're going out here and overtime and we're going to go win it. That's the only thing I was doing there."

Running back Reggie Bush confirmed that the boos were bothering the players.

"Of course. We're human," he said. "We're not mannequins out there. Obviously, we have emotions, too."

Nate Burleson, an 11-year veteran, has experienced plenty of frustrated crowds during his playing days. He believes if you pay for a ticket, you have the right to express that frustration.

But the Lions wide receiver isn't surprised or disappointed with the way Schwartz reacted. Burleson admitted there were times he had to stop himself from engaging the crowd.

"When the fans are booing that loudly for the home team, when you still have an opportunity to win the game, sometimes it comes out," Burleson said. "I'll be honest, I wanted to turn around and say something on more than one occasion.

"I'm not mad at (Schwartz) for doing it because for as many times as I wanted to, and I kind of stopped myself from saying something to a fan or two that I probably shouldn't have."

Rabid Cougar
12-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Any word on Jerry being fired?

YTBulldogs
12-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Any word on Jerry being fired?

100k at last nights game. Hummmm, Jerry ain't going anywhere. He has the Xbox controller still and loves playing football.

Roughneck93
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Took a little longer...Munchak fired in Tennessee.