PDA

View Full Version : Lone Survivor

lostaussie
12-26-2013, 03:15 PM
The real story of Operation Red Wing and some true American heroes. I have read the book, but I am not sure I can make myself go watch the movie. When you know its real, its kind of hard for me to watch. Marcus Luttrell is a true Texan in every sense of the word. If you have never heard of him, I invite you to google his name and get an amazing history lesson. Anyone else have plans to go see this movie??

bobcat1
12-26-2013, 03:46 PM
I am

lostaussie
12-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Did you read the book Bobcat? Its an amazing book, written about amazing men.

bobcat1
12-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Nope not much of a reader. ADD ya know.

Rabid Cougar
12-26-2013, 10:27 PM
I was 10 miles from where that took place. The CH-47 that carries the QRF took of from my base.

Cam
12-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I definitely want to see it. Gonna look for the book this weekend. Apparently, we have another amazing hero from these parts. My wife works with a lady whose son was one of the Seal Team 6 members who took Bin Laden. But even his momma doesn't know his whereabouts half the time. She hears from him occasionally.....

lostaussie
12-28-2013, 05:57 PM
I definitely want to see it. Gonna look for the book this weekend. Apparently, we have another amazing hero from these parts. My wife works with a lady whose son was one of the Seal Team 6 members who took Bin Laden. But even his momma doesn't know his whereabouts half the time. She hears from him occasionally.....I am curious to see how movie play out to the book. Hollywood usually sensationalizes most books. But it does have Marcus's approval so I hope its good. Marcus actually has a small part in the movie although he does not play himself. I've made up my mind I am going to see it. Probably gonna need a box of tissues.

D'Highlander
12-30-2013, 07:39 AM
me too...

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Ill go see it. I thoroughly enjoyed the book.