PDA

View Full Version : The Bowl Games

Bullaholic
12-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Is it just me, or are there a lot of folks just not that excited about the matchups? For me--Okie St vs Mizzou and the BCS Champ game between Fla St. and Auburn are the only ones that look promising. Of course, there are always the surprises in these games and sometimes even duds turn into good games, but at the outset it is hard to get excited.

YTBulldogs
12-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Agree Bull. They all suck.

lostaussie
12-26-2013, 03:03 PM
I myself am looking forward to UT/Oregon............I want to see if they show up for Mack or get pummeled out of the building in his last game. I am not a horns fan, but I really hope they show up. The man deserves better than what he got.

caleb_mccaig
12-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Is it just me, or are there a lot of folks just not that excited about the matchups? For me--Okie St vs Mizzou and the BCS Champ game between Fla St. and Auburn are the only ones that look promising. Of course, there are always the surprises in these games and sometimes even duds turn into good games, but at the outset it is hard to get excited.

I feel the same way, except I'm also interested in the Ohio State and Clemson game.

Sweetwater Red
12-26-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm also interested in the Ohio State and Clemson game.

I am too as I'm hoping Clemson beats Ohio in the same manner as Gilmer and Argyle beat...well nevermind.

But, I'm most looking forward to the one being played here this weekend as I will be there. :D

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Sun-Devil-Stadium.jpg

Old Tiger
12-26-2013, 04:49 PM
When it becomes about what team will draw the best crowd over which team would be the better match up....it goes to crap

Scoop27
12-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Think Alamo Bowl will be on ESPN Channel 206 on DirecTV- but not positive

lostaussie
12-26-2013, 08:32 PM
I am too as I'm hoping Clemson beats Ohio in the same manner as Gilmer and Argyle beat...well nevermind.

But, I'm most looking forward to the one being played here this weekend as I will be there. :D

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Sun-Devil-Stadium.jpgoh no you didn't:D

Rabid Cougar
12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I will be at the Heart of Dallas Bowl in the real Cotton Bowl on January 1st. Go Mean Green! Yea I am excited about it!

NastySlot
12-26-2013, 11:53 PM
going to be in Houston tomorrow so thinking about catching the Texas Bowl...two teams i've never seen play so why not.

Deuce
12-27-2013, 01:49 PM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Sun-Devil-Stadium.jpg

Hater!

1st and goal
12-27-2013, 02:09 PM
So, which bowl games are you all most anticipating and which team you think will win?

I think Baylor got robbed. Do you think if UT would've won over Baylor, that UT would be playing UCF? BTW, UCF is a great team, they just don't get much love from the press.

Rabid Cougar
12-27-2013, 04:28 PM
I think Baylor got robbed. Do you think if UT would've won over Baylor, that UT would be playing UCF? BTW, UCF is a great team, they just don't get much love from the press.

No. Big guys don't want their pets to get half a hundred hung on them......and I don't like Baylor.

Old Tiger
12-27-2013, 04:45 PM
So, which bowl games are you all most anticipating and which team you think will win?

Yes, didn't matter who won the Baylor game between Texas/Baylor. They were going to play either UCF or Northern Illinois heading into that week. NIU lost to Bowling Green and UCF won so that match up was secure.

If Oklahoma St beat Oklahoma it would have been Oklahoma State/UCF

Bullaholic
12-27-2013, 05:09 PM
SEC is weak---right, OT???

GrTigers6
12-27-2013, 05:20 PM
I will be at the Heart of Dallas Bowl in the real Cotton Bowl on January 1st. Go Mean Green! Yea I am excited about it!
I will be watching it

bwdlionfan
12-27-2013, 06:14 PM

This statement shows how little you know about how bowl match ups work. If UT had beaten Baylor then yes UT would have played UCF. If Oklahoma State had beaten OU then Oklahoma State would have played UCF. The winner of the Big 12 automatically goes to the Fiesta Bowl. Once the automatic tie ins are finished, the BCS bowls rotate thru picks where they have to pick who is eligible. UCF was guaranteed a BCS bowl, and this year was the Fiesta's turn to pick last, so guess what eligible team was left when it was the Fiesta's turn to pick? UCF!

1st and goal
12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
knew Louisville would beat Miami, but didn't figure a beatdown. Also surprised at Kstate beatdown of Michigan.

Other mismatches I'm guessing on.

Oregon>Texas (If UT can establish the run and pound it, they could stay in this game)

AZ State> Tx Tech (Az state should be in a better bowl than this, can Kingsbury pull one out of his hat?)

Alabama> Oklahoma

LSU>Iowa

1st and goal
12-30-2013, 10:09 PM
1st beatdown prediction complete.

I think Okie State/Mizzou will be one of the best bowl games this year.

Auburn will give FL State a good game, but I don't think the luck holds out at the end.

Vandy just might beat Houston. Anyone else think it might happen?