PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mock NFL Draft: Texans select who with 1st pick?

YTBulldogs
12-25-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/2014-nfl-mock-draft-who-will-texans-take-no-1?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

YTBulldogs
12-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I like Manziel predicted as going to the Raiders. Their type.

Phil C
12-27-2013, 04:14 PM
I like Manziel predicted as going to the Raiders. Their type.

Texans blow another one.

Cam
12-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Tim Tebow!....:doh:

SHSBulldog00
12-28-2013, 12:01 PM
There are rumors that Oregon's Marcus Mariota is considering re-entering the draft. I think it depends on if Houston gets the 1st pick. I think Houston would choose between Mariota/Bridgewater and Clowney, However Clowney getting two speeding tickets 25 miles over the speed limit in the last month may scare Houston away. (Immaturity) It all depends on their Individual Workouts/NFL Combine/Interviews/Head Coach.

Snotbubbles
12-28-2013, 01:43 PM
However Clowney getting two speeding tickets 25 miles over the speed limit in the last month may scare Houston away.

LOL. Not sure speeding tickets is a issue to pick him or not. We'd have no one in the NFL if that was the case. Now, if they are high or drunk and drive like Manzel does, that could be a risk with the #1 pick. Houston be crazy not taking Clowney with the #1 pick. They blew plenty of games to get into position to get this beast.

YTBulldogs
12-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Texans issue is not at QB. That "D" couldn't stop anyone.

eagles_victory
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
If it worked out and the Texans got Clowney and Mettenberger that would be a great draft; however I don't see that happening

YTBulldogs
12-28-2013, 03:29 PM
If it worked out and the Texans got Clowney and Mettenberger that would be a great draft; however I don't see that happening

Hopefully they will remain losers to ensure that Clowney pick? Hate to see them blow it by a freak win now.

Old Tiger
12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Anyone who reaches on these QB's in the first round is setting up to have a bad draft.

Saggy Aggie
12-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I'd trade down.

YTBulldogs
12-28-2013, 05:28 PM
I'd trade down.
And pass on Clowney SA? Why would you do that? You suffered through this year to get him, now-- pass on him don't seem smart.

1st and goal
12-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Wondering why is everyone so high on Clowney. I just didn't see the game changing mustard in him this last year. Apparently the Heisman voters didn't either.

Saggy Aggie
12-28-2013, 11:47 PM
And pass on Clowney SA? Why would you do that? You suffered through this year to get him, now-- pass on him don't seem smart.

What exactly is so special about him that he's a can't pass up top pick? Did you actually watch his games this year??

Roughneck93
12-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Teddy looked pretty good tonight...:thinking:

Old Tiger
12-29-2013, 12:33 AM

Dude is likely to be a bust, he was lazy in college in a year where he could have secured that number one spot, speeds routinely which shows immaturity, recklessness, and lack of self control.

Dude prayed on weak offensive tackles in college and disappeared against better competition.

carter08
12-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Clowney is going to be a good player, but I wonder if it's a good idea to spend a top pick on a DE when you already have JJ Watt. Antonio Smith has done fine on the other side, so I'd rather Houston spend the pick & the cap space on fixing the rest of the defense &/or offense.

regaleagle
12-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Bridgewater needs to stay another season and mature his body. He would get racked in the NFL....just look at what happened to a more physical and athletic RGIII. Besides, I don't think the Texans need to be looking at a qb like him. They need someone with more credentials and seasoning...not to mention a bigger body. I'm not sure Case could not lead this team under a different set of circumstances....which will happen for sure next year. Maybe drafting some defense first is the way to go.

carter08
12-29-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm a former Cougar & was super excited when Case got a shot, but...I don't think he can be the answer. He can be an average backup (& hopefully he is an average backup for the Texans for a long time).