PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Picks and Analysis

Matthew328
02-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Gainesville (19-13) vs Farmersville (16-12)
The defending state champs have been up and down this year...they have lost 2 in a row but I look for them to step it up come playoff time..Farmersville has had a great first year in 3A..but I don't see the champs losing in Round 1...Matt's pick: GAINESVILLE

Mt Vernon (23-4) vs Queen City (13-13)
I think this one gets ugly...2 of MV's losses came to an excellent Lindale squad..QC placed 3rd in a weak district...MV could blow this one open quick..Matt's pick: MT VERNON

Crandall (21-9) vs Canton
Canton is struggling, losing their 14-3A playoff for 2nd to Wills Point by 21..Crandall shared the 13-3A title with Dallas Madison..I don't think Canton can stop Crandall's big guy...Crandall is a sleeper in Region 2...Matt's pick: CRANDALL

White Oak (21-7) vs Carthage (17-12)
Don't let Carthage's record fool you..they were in the state's toughest district and they played a non-district schedule full of 4A's....White Oak has been off and on at times..the Roughnecks have a tradition of being a very solid team, especially on the defensive end...that could be the difference..this is one of the better games in the region..Matt's pick: WHITE OAK (in a thriller)

Pilot Point (19-7) vs Paris N Lamar (12-16)
N Lamar usually plays good basketball, but just their luck they drop to 3A in what is considered a down year on the north side of Paris..yet they still managed to get in with an incredible comeback win against Commerce..PP has been very consistent this year..I like the Bearcats in another tight one..Matt's pick: PILOT POINT

Gilmer (10-18) vs Atlanta (14-10)
Gilmer really got lucky getting into the postseason but I don't think the Buckeyes will have a long run..guard play looks even as both teams have some good athletes..the difference is Atlanta's 6'7 post...he leads the Rabbits to victory..Matt's pick: ATLANTA

Wilmer-Hutchins (18-14) vs Wills Point (22-11)
This isn't the same Hutch team that struggled early in the Wills Point tourney..Coach Lee has gotten these guys playing hard and beleiving..Hutch is small but really quick and they get after you..WP is solid and well coached also..should be a dandy for all you folks in Forney to watch (the game is in Forney)
Matt's pick: WILMER-HUTCHINS

Gladewater (15-15) vs Tyler Chapel Hill (26-6)
This one gets ugly..after a mid season stumble CH has turned on the jets, they ended the season with an impressive 11 point win over Tatum...Chapel Hill rolls...Matt's pick: TYLER CHAPEL HILL....

Recap
Gainesville
Mt Vernon
Crandall
White Oak
Pilot Point
Atlanta
Wilmer-Hutchins
Tyler Chapel Hill

<small>[ February 16, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

ThaRealBulldog
02-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Matthew, The Carthage boys are fired up and will be ready to play.

Jacket2000
02-16-2003, 11:08 PM
Ok,time to move east. Region 2.

Gainesville (19-13) vs Farmersville (16-12)
G'ville is the defending champs, F'ville are a small fish in a big pond. Besides, I wanna hear K7 whine about losing to PP again. So, I gotta go with G'ville

Mt Vernon (23-4) vs Queen City (13-13)
Any team with the word "Queen" in it loses my vote. The difference in records doesnt help either. Im going with Mt. Vernon.

Crandall (21-9) vs Canton
Canton struggles at every sport, Crandall excells at thump thump. This ain't brain surgery folks! My pick: Crandall

White Oak (21-7) vs Carthage (17-12)
I dont particularly care for Carthage. That's no secret. Plus, record wise, WO looks much better. So, I'll go with White Oak.

Pilot Point (19-7) vs Paris N Lamar (12-16)
In hopes of seeing Pilot Point beat G'ville again and getting to hear another one of K7's excuses and whine sessions, Im picking PP.

Gilmer (10-18) vs Atlanta (14-10)
Good gawd, another team with 8 losses in the playoff? What kinda Communist sport is this? I'll go with the Rabbs.

Wilmer-Hutchins (18-14) vs Wills Point (22-11)
Hmm, grades have already come out, right? So, I gotta go with Wills Point.

Gladewater (15-15) vs Tyler Chapel Hill (26-6)
Wow, who did G'water piss of to deserve this? 15 losses vs. 26 wins? The fat lady's already warming up for this one. Gotta with CH.

J2K

Keith7
02-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Ha, good job jacket, i'm surprised you picked Gainesville to win, no matter what the circumstances are

ThaRealBulldog
02-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Jacket what do you have against Carthage?