PDA

View Full Version : Hey Buckeye Bob

oldtownag
12-23-2013, 07:43 AM
How you like my new signature?

buckeyebob
12-23-2013, 05:38 PM
How you like my new signature?

Congatulations to you personally for a great season...perhaps the Dawgs were not overated as I stated...then again, the Buckeyes would have kicked their butt.

oldtownag
12-23-2013, 10:40 PM
...then again, the Buckeyes would have kicked their butt.

I guess you didn't notice that my team beat the team that beat your team pretty convincingly.

buckeyebob
12-24-2013, 07:30 AM
They were off & they cheated on us...I backed all that out of equation...I stand by my decision...some even think y'all are part of Louisiana...I ill not get into that.

oldtownag
12-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Surely you don't think a team from Louisiana could be Champions of Texas?

Bullaholic
12-24-2013, 10:15 AM
I got no problem saying that I think Carthage is the best 3A team in the state. However, all those rings sure shine a lot---what do you think are the chances of losing Surratt to a bigger class program?

Dawgs
12-24-2013, 12:14 PM
I got no problem saying that I think Carthage is the best 3A team in the state. However, all those rings sure shine a lot---what do you think are the chances of losing Surratt to a bigger class program?

I think Surratt is happy in Carthage. His wife has made wonderful friends with many people in town, and he is treated like a king. We have top notch facilities, and he gets whatever he wants. He is making well over 100k a year on the books, and no telling how much in perks. Bigger schools could pay more, but the cost of living in Carthage makes it even more attractive. Coach has a beautiful house in a very nice neighborhood. Another thing working in our favor is he is an East Texas boy. Went to HS in Linden, and played college baseball at ETBU. I think he also understands that thi is not going to stop in Carthage. I honestly think he will have the chance to put himself up there with TXHS royalty if he stays. Say he stays in Carthage another 20 years? How many Championships and games will he have won? He would be a wealthy man, and would be one of the all time greats. Now with all that said he is a competitor...Will winning at the 3a level for a community that worships him be enough? Will he want to test the waters at the 6a level, and then attempt to parlay that into a college gig? Who knows...I do know he has set Carthage up for the long run, and we are grateful for that. I truly believe our administration has learned enough the past 7 years, that we would land on our feet if Surratt left. Till then people better get used to Carthage, cause this is a bonafide Dynasty.

buckeyebob
12-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Surely you don't think a team from Louisiana could be Champions of Texas?

I am realaying the thoughts of others...quite frankly, I am happy for Carthage...it will be more cudos when the Buckeyes mop the floor with 'em...Fall 2014 is around the corner

buckeyebob
12-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I think that Surratt is very happy being a big fish in a small pond...he knows what he has & likes it...he could have had the Robert E. Lee job...nope...5A/6A is not always the cherry some think.

Aesculus gilmus
12-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I would change this to "big dog in a small pound" to match their mascot.

Dawgs
12-26-2013, 12:05 PM
I think that Surratt is very happy being a big fish in a small pond...he knows what he has & likes it...he could have had the Robert E. Lee job...nope...5A/6A is not always the cherry some think.

+1 No gaurantee he wins at a bigger program. I have heard we got another group coming up in a couple of years that should be back. We lost alot off this team. Honestly the most I can remember losing since Surratt has been here. Next year with the change in divisions could be one of the toughest in recent memories. We shall see! Come in August!

vtskneb
12-26-2013, 12:25 PM
I think the most shocking statement in the thread is he is making over 100k. There are not a lot of 5A or 6A teams that would pay that much.

Aesculus gilmus
12-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Why is that shocking? There was a presidential candidate running last year who said $250k a year is "middle class." Surratt is still poor by that standard. I think, with four state championships in the last six years, he is UNDERpaid.

vtskneb
12-26-2013, 12:35 PM
I am just a little surprised 3A pays that much but I haven't been paying close enough attention to coaches salaries. I want to say around 2004 or 2005 the Star Telegram listed the highest paid coaches in the state and there weren't very many at that time over 100k. I remember Stephenville was one of the lowest paying programs in the district we were in 8-4A at that time.

I have no complaint about his salary. I am just shocked to see 3A teams paying that now. I am just behind on the times is all that means with regard to HC's salaries in Texas these days.

Dawgs
12-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Carthage is lucky to generate alot of money from tax revenue from the oil and gas industry. Plus we are the only school in our independent school district. We definitely have money to spend on a good coach, and also to pass bonds on facilities. I am a tax payer to the city of Carthge, and to Panola County. I am happy for my tax dollars to be spent this way. We are also spending plenty of money on education, and building of new schools. Carthage has been blessed to be a wealthy community from the oil and gas industry.

buckeyebob
12-27-2013, 08:07 AM
I would change this to "big dog in a small pound" to match their mascot.

Do not need a metafore battle...this could get ugly

buckeyebob
12-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Carthage is lucky to generate alot of money from tax revenue from the oil and gas industry. Plus we are the only school in our independent school district. We definitely have money to spend on a good coach, and also to pass bonds on facilities. I am a tax payer to the city of Carthge, and to Panola County. I am happy for my tax dollars to be spent this way. We are also spending plenty of money on education, and building of new schools. Carthage has been blessed to be a wealthy community from the oil and gas industry.

Yep...& up the road a little way is Gilmer, one of 7 ISD's in a county of < 50,000 & poor struggeling to make ends meet...no Jumbotron, no indoor pratice facility, 6 year old uniforms & we have to share the helments and shoes...trying to field a team to compete with the rich schools that can afford personal trainers and have a Farm School that even has a Jumbotron & indoor pratice too and all the benefits of the wealthy...& we still whup that arse occasionally & will continue to do so

oldtownag
12-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Yep...& up the road a little way is Gilmer, one of 7 ISD's in a county of < 50,000 & poor struggeling to make ends meet...no Jumbotron, no indoor pratice facility, 6 year old uniforms & we have to share the helments and shoes...trying to field a team to compete with the rich schools that can afford personal trainers and have a Farm School that even has a Jumbotron & indoor pratice too and all the benefits of the wealthy...& we still whup that arse occasionally & will continue to do so

Even "the poors" get lucky occasionally. Kinda like a blind hog finding an acorn.

lostaussie
12-27-2013, 08:58 AM
You guys are awesome.......are you brothers?

oldtownag
12-27-2013, 09:07 AM
You guys are awesome.......are you brothers?

Nope. We just love football.

Buckeyebob likes Gilmer and Longhorns.

I like Carthage and Aggies.

Basically we agree on very little.

P.S. Maybe buckeyebob should share some of his fortune with GISD so they can get some new uniforms next year.

buckeyebob
12-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Nope. We just love football.

Buckeyebob likes Gilmer and Longhorns.

I like Carthage and Aggies.

Basically we agree on very little.

P.S. Maybe buckeyebob should share some of his fortune with GISD so they can get some new uniforms next year.

oldtownag is young & very brite...I am old & much wiser...proof...otag deals with electricity...why would anyone mess with something that bites back? still a good guy, just not real brite