PDA

View Full Version : time for realignment discussion..

toddg
12-22-2013, 01:07 AM
what do you realistically think your district will look like in 2014? pegs on a map and string is what i heard a UIL official say this week...
what say you?!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

toddg
12-22-2013, 02:06 AM
There is always the possibility Alvarado goes back to region 2, but highly doubtful with the new dynamics put forth with the split divisions ..I'm thinking they will put us with teams west and northwest...we could go south, but I feel that is unlikely. I'm thinking the UIL will keep us with Stephenville and go from there

buckeyebob
12-23-2013, 05:52 PM
What is the general consensus on the number of teams for district? I am not seeing a lot of change...preseason will see us playing the Big Boys of the area (Carthage, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Pittsburg) if they don't chicken out on playing a small school...add in an Argyle & Prestonwood...district will be with Gladewater & Spring Hill...Atlanta & Pleasant Grove gotta go somewhere...Bullard, Tatum, maybe Rains & Canton...region wise, we will stay in II

Trashman
12-23-2013, 05:59 PM
I see Brownwood along with Stephenville going west, not enough division I schools out there to fill region I. I say this so the UIL will actually send us east....

Rocket Man
12-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I see Brownwood along with Stephenville going west, not enough division I schools out there to fill region I. I say this so the UIL will actually send us east....

I like your logic...

Trashman
12-23-2013, 06:11 PM
I like your logic...

The UIL and I have an understanding....I apply logic and reasoning to my decisions and then they do the opposite. :spitlol:

YTBulldogs
12-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I heard:

Yoakum
Cuero
Sinton
Ingelside
Orange Grove

Looking at the map, guess that makes just as much sense as any other projections.

slingshot
12-23-2013, 08:28 PM
My prediction for the western part of DI/RI...
District 1: San Elizario, Mountain View, Fabens, Seminole, Andrews
District 2: Borger, Pampa, Levelland, Estacado, Snyder, Big Spring
District 3: Wylie, Brownwood, Stephenville, Graham, Mineral Wells

Rest? TBD...

SintonFan_inAustin
12-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I heard:

Yoakum
Cuero
Sinton
Ingelside
Orange Grove

Looking at the map, guess that makes just as much sense as any other projections.5 playoff teams with 4 spots! Also would it be district 14 or 15?

Twirling Time
12-24-2013, 12:44 AM
It seems a given that Celina, Anna, Melissa, Krum and Aubrey will be in a district together. That's as close a grouping as you will find in 4A D-II. The question is, do Bridgeport or Bonham join them? Doubtful that both would to make a 7-team district. Most likely Bonham would, since they've been in with Anna and Melissa the last couple of years. Bridgeport then gets sent up 287 to Wichita Falls.

orange machine
12-24-2013, 12:58 AM
It seems a given that Celina, Anna, Melissa, Krum and Aubrey will be in a district together. That's as close a grouping as you will find in 4A D-II. The question is, do Bridgeport or Bonham join them? Doubtful that both would to make a 7-team district. Most likely Bonham would, since they've been in with Anna and Melissa the last couple of years. Bridgeport then gets sent up 287 to Wichita Falls.

Bonham, eek I hate going to Fannin County. As soon as you get there you are greeted by hill billies playing banjo's.

marler1972
12-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Celina
Aubrey
Bridgeport
Krum
Iowa Park
Vernon

or

Celina
Melissa
Anna
Bonham
Aubrey

buckeyebob
12-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Bonham, eek I hate going to Fannin County. As soon as you get there you are greeted by hill billies playing banjo's.

If Fannin County scares you, man, do not come to East Texas...it could get real ugly...we smell fear.

buckeyebob
12-24-2013, 07:39 AM
You need to include Atlanta & Pleasant Grove in these conversations...they are tired of coming this way

cowboyandchrist
12-24-2013, 08:18 AM
What is the general consensus on the number of teams for district? I am not seeing a lot of change...preseason will see us playing the Big Boys of the area (Carthage, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Pittsburg) if they don't chicken out on playing a small school...add in an Argyle & Prestonwood...district will be with Gladewater & Spring Hill...Atlanta & Pleasant Grove gotta go somewhere...Bullard, Tatum, maybe Rains & Canton...region wise, we will stay in II

I doubt Carthage or Kilgore is afraid to play the Buckeyes. I think both will want non district games with Gilmer. It will only make them better.

waterboy
12-24-2013, 08:27 AM
I don't think "afraid" would've been the word I would've used either. I would love to see us play some good D1 teams in preseason. It can only make us stronger.

cowboyandchrist
12-24-2013, 08:32 AM
You know the UIL has tried to slow down the East Texas teams winning championships by making the big Dawgs play in the same district. It will not change. DI may look like this: Carthage, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Pittsburg, Liberty I. DII- Gilmer, Gladewater, Springhill, Tatum, Atlanta, and not sure on the last one.

Aesculus gilmus
12-24-2013, 08:36 AM
You need to include Atlanta & Pleasant Grove in these conversations...they are tired of coming this way

On another thread, someone else was saying Bonham should "go east" toward those two schools, so I looked this up out of curiosity and found that it is actually considerably farther from Bonham to Pleasant Grove (133 miles) and Atlanta (143 miles) than it is from Bonham to Gilmer (106 miles).

Atlanta and Pleasant Grove have never had to make a trip any farther south than Pittsburg for a district game. All other times, they've chosen to "come this way" of their own free will (excluding playoff games, but those were also easily avoidable - just don't make the playoffs).

The most logical district (and most geographically compact one) for Gilmer is a 5-team district made up of Gilmer, Gladewater, Spring Hill, Atlanta and Pleasant Grove. That means it probably won't happen.

Given the history of the UIL, I wouldn't be surprised if, instead of that, they have us going west somehow. If this occurs, our main worry will be that the district schedule is so ridiculously easy that the Bux will not be ready for the playoffs after playing powder puffs the last four or five games of the regular season. This would be reminiscent of District 11-3A of 2002-03. The only team that could even give Gilmer a game in that district was Lindale. In 2003, even Lindale couldn't. Bux blew them out in Lindale, 45-0.

cowboyandchrist
12-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Tatum will be in the hunt in 2014. The Junior and Sophmore class this year that will be moving up is what Tatum has been waiting on since they were in peewee football. They will have the speed and size on both sides of the ball to make a run. NFL kids and kinfolks all over this team.
Can they come together and play as a team will be the key. Should be a lot of fun to watch. This may be the only shot Tatum has at beating Gilmer. Tatum has only beaten Gilmer once in 12 years. There will not be a depth problem for this Tatum team, they should have about 50 to 55 on the varsity.

Aesculus gilmus
12-24-2013, 10:27 AM
One of the crazier NE Texas realignment predictions on this site that I've seen (and there've been several) had Tatum going into a district with Center, Spring Hill, Atlanta and Pleasant Grove.

So, given that and the history of the UIL being even crazier than the craziest predictors, there's no reason to assume you'll be playing Gilmer, unless the two coaches have agreed to a non-district game and I haven't heard they have.