PDA

View Full Version : Katy-Cedar Hill

sinfan75
12-21-2013, 09:05 PM
I guess Directv decided not to air this game ? or have they moved it to another channel other than 677

sinfan75
12-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Found it

Aggie98
12-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Found it

Where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BullBoy
12-21-2013, 09:24 PM
675-1

sinfan75
12-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Hope this game is at least as good as Argyle-Fairfield. The rest have been pretty much yawners that I've seen.

toddg
12-21-2013, 10:07 PM
That's Katy football 14-10 katy 2:00 to half

toddg
12-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Cedar Hill's lack of discipline will cost them this game.. They need to take care of the football against this team

toddg
12-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Just like that.. CH leads Katy 10-0
Then they unravel..21-10 Katy @half.
CH needs to play more disciplined in the 2nd half offensively, but I don't think they are capable.. Katy will wear the CH defense down methodically in the 2nd half with Anderson and Porter.. the pitch play to the strong side will be devastating as the game goes along

cougartino
12-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Cedar Hill's lack of discipline will cost them this game.. They need to take care of the football against this team

Many a team has fielded better athletes, but Katy is the quintessential example of discipline.

toddg
12-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Many a team has fielded better athletes, but Katy is the quintessential example of discipline.
Yep, and #8 is less than 24 minutes away for Katy..

jason
12-21-2013, 11:11 PM
cedar hill defense is fast

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 11:19 PM

Now Katy with the huge special teams miscue...

toddg
12-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Now Katy with the huge special teams miscue...

CH should have got 6 after that..3 is better than nothing and got it a one score game.. But big missed opportunity

hollywood
12-21-2013, 11:34 PM
What's the score and qtr? Can't get this game on DirecTV!

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Katy fumbles and Cedar Hill scores to take the lead!! The Katy fumbles the kickoff!! Cedar Hill up 27-24 with 5:40 left...what a game!

hollywood
12-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow! Holy crap! I'm complaining to DirecTV

Commentator on FSSW said just now it was on FSSW+ now... Bullcrap!

toddg
12-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Big TD run by ware..

hollywood
12-21-2013, 11:42 PM
So is it 34-24 now?

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Katy showing a huge lack of discipline in the second half..or is it Cedar Hill's D just making plays?

toddg
12-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Washington for CH is playing super man on D!

toddg
12-21-2013, 11:50 PM
CH Defense won this game! I'm eating my crow as I type this.. Great defensive game plan CH.. Washington should be MVP!!

Roughneck93
12-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Katy showing a huge lack of discipline in the second half..or is it Cedar Hill's D just making plays?

I think it was the latter.

hollywood
12-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Just found the box score.. CH holding Katy to only 3 points in the second half? Monumental defensive adjustment at the half.

Congrats to Cedar Hill! I work with a guy from there. He was pumped for this game.

Katy had another great run. Two great programs.

Manso/V8
12-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Credit Washington with forcing the last fumble, but the muffed punt and the fumbled kick off return was lack of focus. Cedar Hill definitely had better athletes.

Sville
12-22-2013, 12:02 AM
That definitely was an entertaining game to end the 2013 season with.

44INAROW
12-22-2013, 01:06 AM

They were fast. I was thinking after Katy's 1st 2 plays from scrimmage that they would wipe the field with CH. but man, the defense adjusted and held Katy on the goal line stand... Turnovers certainly kept the game interesting. I enjoyed this game alot...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

regaleagle
12-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Now the Texas high school football season is officaially over. This was the last game of the season, and a good one to end it on. Cedar Hill is to be congratulated on a great win over a perennial power team in Texas high school playoff football. In my estimation, the Argyle/Fairfield game was the absolute best game of the playoffs this season at AT&T in Jerrywold. Denton Guyer was an impressive team as well, as was Cisco against Refugio. Some great games this season in the finals....the fans got their money's worth. I will miss football all year now, but at least Argyle can contend in the roundball side of things. Will they win another one....or another Lone Star Cup? They are very good, folks. I don't know which school in 3A is consistently better....except Abilene Wylie. Me likes Abilene Wylie....they are the real deal too!!!

Celina8
12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Credit to Cedar Hill as they pulled off the upset (my opinion). They did a great job on defense and were able to take advantage of mistakes by Katy. Katy had a good defense to and made it difficult for Cedar Hill to run up the middle and they put a lot of pressure on the QB all night long when they tried to pass. I will be honest that I think Katy should have won the game, but Cedar Hill was not going to be denied and that is the character of a true Champion.

LHPfactory
12-22-2013, 11:53 AM
This was a good game. It was the System (Katy) vs The Athletes (Cedar Hill). Both teams have great programs and are well coached. It also goes with out saying, both have athletes and good football players. Cedar Hill was Loaded with Speed, this is why Katy had trouble running the sweeps, off tackle would have been good, But Washington would have to be neutralized. Katy was penalized in the first and second half which killed them, it cost that run back as well, they lost on discipline , the one factor that would have equalized the speed difference.

I will also say that the CHHS D-End Washington was the best player and the big difference in this game.

To take a Look at Katy, they may have lost but I think its safe to say that they are currently the best program in the state.
I like the fact that Katy shows that you can be heavily dedicated to the run and still win at any level, 13 trips to the Championship and 7 titles, what a program. A big reason they can do this is because the passes that they do throw are well executed and perfected before hand, they don't just throw in desperation, its a well developed part of their system. They pass very well but selectively. The second part is that they have a stellar defense, this is the key to any consistently great program, it wins championships, or at least gets you there. The other factors are hard work, complete and total buy in from the kids and community, and the right coaches put it all together.

Some folks in LH want to go to a spread or passing system, but I like the run first Slot-T, I would however, love to see us develop some very well executed passing sets/plays like Katy. It would help cure the problems that Vernon and some other teams have caused us. I know the Varsity works on it regularly, but we don't execute passing well. Well executed short, mid, and long range passes would be great weapons if we perfect them.

This is why I believe LH has to get serious about 7on7, this is where our passing will develop and our D-Backs will get coverage practice. Being the best 7on7 team doent mean you will be the best team, but it is probably the greatest tool in building a programs passing game. You get all spring and some summer to work on passing and defending the pass, Im sure all the great passing programs will attest to this.

THE KEY TO THIS IS TO PUT THE PLAYERS WHERE THE HS/JH COACHES WILL PLAY THEM AND RUN THE PASS PLAYS EXACTLY HOW THE PLAYERS WILL EXECUTE THEM IN THE FALL! This means no Daddy ball in 7on7 and all must work to support the ISD coaches system. In the end the kids get tons of practice/experience on timing, routes, and execution. Not to mention it builds team unity. What should also be valued is The Linemans Challenge, this helps the Big Boys practice pass blocking techniques as well as rushing techniques for the D players.
I bet Katy is involved in all of this stuff.

You probably cant tell that I want LH back on top REAL BAD!

hollywood
12-22-2013, 12:09 PM
This was a good game. It was the System (Katy) vs The Athletes (Cedar Hill). Both teams have great programs and are well coached. It also goes with out saying, both have athletes and good football players. Cedar Hill was Loaded with Speed, this is why Katy had trouble running the sweeps, off tackle would have been good, But Washington would have to be neutralized. Katy was penalized in the first and second half which killed them, it cost that run back as well, they lost on discipline , the one factor that would have equalized the speed difference.

I will also say that the CHHS D-End Washington was the best player and the big difference in this game.

To take a Look at Katy, they may have lost but I think its safe to say that they are currently the best program in the state.
I like the fact that Katy shows that you can be heavily dedicated to the run and still win at any level, 13 trips to the Championship and 7 titles, what a program. A big reason they can do this is because the passes that they do throw are well executed and perfected before hand, they don't just throw in desperation, its a well developed part of their system. They pass very well but selectively. The second part is that they have a stellar defense, this is the key to any consistently great program, it wins championships, or at least gets you there. The other factors are hard work, complete and total buy in from the kids and community, and the right coaches put it all together.

Some folks in LH want to go to a spread or passing system, but I like the run first Slot-T, I would however, love to see us develop some very well executed passing sets/plays like Katy. It would help cure the problems that Vernon and some other teams have caused us. I know the Varsity works on it regularly, but we don't execute passing well. Well executed short, mid, and long range passes would be great weapons if we perfect them.

This is why I believe LH has to get serious about 7on7, this is where our passing will develop and our D-Backs will get coverage practice. Being the best 7on7 team doent mean you will be the best team, but it is probably the greatest tool in building a programs passing game. You get all spring and some summer to work on passing and defending the pass, Im sure all the great passing programs will attest to this.

THE KEY TO THIS IS TO PUT THE PLAYERS WHERE THE HS/JH COACHES WILL PLAY THEM AND RUN THE PASS PLAYS EXACTLY HOW THE PLAYERS WILL EXECUTE THEM IN THE FALL! This means no Daddy ball in 7on7 and all must work to support the ISD coaches system. In the end the kids get tons of practice/experience on timing, routes, and execution. Not to mention it builds team unity. What should also be valued is The Linemans Challenge, this helps the Big Boys practice pass blocking techniques as well as rushing techniques for the D players.

Good post LHPfactory. You forgot to mention Katy has hundreds of athletes to choose from! Lol When talking about 3A and below, sometimes a "system" doesn't always work. You have to have the right athletes. That's why Briles helped develop the power spread at Stephenville. A system that arguably maximizes the athletes developed abilities to execute in isolated space. A school this size doesn't always have the top athletes in HS football each year. It takes a committed strength and conditioning program to support as well.

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2013, 12:36 PM

The Katy people sitting behind me said that Katy has around 350 kids come out for Freshman football. Also there is no blocking/contact in Linemen Challenges- strictly strength and agility skills. Very much team building though.

Because Katy is so run oriented, they could not pass block to save their lives. Awesome power run blocking but CH Dline was running around them like they were statues.

LHPfactory
12-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Good post LHPfactory. You forgot to mention Katy has hundreds of athletes to choose from! Lol When talking about 3A and below, sometimes a "system" doesn't always work. You have to have the right athletes. That's why Briles helped develop the power spread at Stephenville. A system that arguably maximizes the athletes developed abilities to execute in isolated space. A school this size doesn't always have the top athletes in HS football each year. It takes a committed strength and conditioning program to support as well.

No doubt, The school size is relative, LH has about 950, Stephenville has about 950 so we compete against other schools with similar numbers to choose from. Now of course its not equal in talent pools and that can fluctuate. Katy has good athletes, but Cedar Hill had them beat in that area, but Katy without question has a hell of a system, top to bottom. They are a mid sized school for their division at around 3,000 kids. Also Lake Travis, same thing, they are a smaller 5A, but what a system.

The point I was making is that we have the committed strength and conditioning, everything is in place, except the element of 7on7. We had a good little QB this year, he wasn't a passer, but with the right development could have got the job done. The problem is when we do pass the QB is running for his life. I like for us to stay run heavy, but we need to have a an effective passing game when we use it. The problem is that there is only so much practice time to develop this, that's where LH would benefit from a serious 7on7 program.

Just a wild guess, I bet Stephenville utilizes 7on7 to develop their system.

LHPfactory
12-23-2013, 10:35 AM
The Katy people sitting behind me said that Katy has around 350 kids come out for Freshman football. Also there is no blocking/contact in Linemen Challenges- strictly strength and agility skills. Very much team building though.

Because Katy is so run oriented, they could not pass block to save their lives. Awesome power run blocking but CH Dline was running around them like they were statues.

Yes, the base Linemen Challenge, is all skill and fun stuff, but I was referring my idea of incorporating some of the Nike Training Camp challenge with it, check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCk1deJlAIQ&list=PL097CF286B4A62E4E

Katy has about 3,000 kids if I am correct, that would mean that almost every freshmen boy plays, that's a hell of a turn out, but they are competing with schools that size and bigger, so its relative, yes more kids will typically produce more athletes. I think Cedar Hill is only about 2200 Kids, they are loaded with athletes though. There are very large schools that don't compete well and then you have Westlake, LT, and Katy that are not as big as some of the schools but compete well every year, this is the system top to bottom.

I watched the Katy and Cedar Hill lines, hands down Katy put more players and pressure in the backfield than CH did. I was actually impressed that Katy was able to block a play action system as well as they did. Its a different animal than a spread system due to the fact that in a run heavy play action system you usually have a stacked box and are out numbered up front. Now of course Washington did what he wanted to do all day, some players just refuse to be blocked, he is man enough to make that decision. However, Katy allowed their QB to sprint out and make the quick throw, that's all you can expect to get from play action with so many Defensive players up playing the run.