PDA

View Full Version : What does your team return next season?

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 03:03 AM
I think Gilmer is the likely favorite to win it all!

firstdown
12-21-2013, 08:52 AM
12 coaches and a damn fine running back.

We will be real young next year. Glad we won it all this year.

orange machine
12-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Celina returns 9 on offense and 5 on defense. With a ton of players that got to play who were not starters. If Celina doesn't at least sniff the state championship game next year whoo boy that's all ill say!!!

Caprocker
12-21-2013, 03:26 PM
7 o
4 d

Sville
12-21-2013, 06:41 PM
7 o
4 d

The Steers are going to be very good on offense next year. If the defense can come together then watch out.

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 06:42 PM
The Steers are going to be very good on offense next year. If the defense can come together then watch out.

Stephenville needs to get them some receivers with speed.

Sville
12-21-2013, 06:53 PM
The Jackets will have one of the best offenses in the new 4A next year. They will have arguably the best 1-2 punch at QB/RB in the state with Stidham and Williams. They return both tackles and top 2 leading receivers from this year Martin (inside receiver) and Morrison (tight end). There are some good candidates coming up for the interior of the OL. If the candidates for wide receiver continue to improve this offseason, the Jackets could have some very good talent out wide.

Defensively the Jackets will return an experienced DL. NG Reynolds is one of the strongest kids to come through the program and at 6' 280 he is a good place to start in the 3-4. Because of injury at the DE spot this year two underclass men received several starts at DE. Stone and Bethea will round out an experienced DL for the Jackets. Sville will have to replace nearly the entire LB core and secondary. Gillespie at LB and Giddings at CB are the only two returning in the back 7. Sville will have a lot of questions to answer on defense in 2014. Another big question mark will be at kicker as 2 year starter Garcia graduates and he was a good one.

toddg
12-21-2013, 07:05 PM
The Jackets will have one of the best offenses in the new 4A next year. They will have arguably the best 1-2 punch at QB/RB in the state with Stidham and Williams. They return both tackles and top 2 leading receivers from this year Martin (inside receiver) and Morrison (tight end). There are some good candidates coming up for the interior of the OL. If the candidates for wide receiver continue to improve this offseason, the Jackets could have some very good talent out wide.

Defensively the Jackets will return an experienced DL. NG Reynolds is one of the strongest kids to come through the program and at 6' 280 he is a good place to start in the 3-4. Because of injury at the DE spot this year two underclass men received several starts at DE. Stone and Bethea will round out an experienced DL for the Jackets. Sville will have to replace nearly the entire LB core and secondary. Gillespie at LB and Giddings at CB are the only two returning in the back 7. Sville will have a lot of questions to answer on defense in 2014. Another big question mark will be at kicker as 2 year starter Garcia graduates and he was a good one.
Morrison and Martin are good starting points at receiver for sure...big shoes to fill at safety...

Aguilafanatico
12-22-2013, 10:33 AM
12 coaches and a damn fine running back.

We will be real young next year. Glad we won it all this year.

Offense - We will return 3 of five starters on the oline, 1 Rb, and a TE.
Defense - 1 DT, 1 LB, 1 DB (all sophs this year).

hollywood
12-22-2013, 11:38 AM

So basically 6/5 returning from offense and defense, either being season starters or getting significant playing time respectively. Not bad for a state semi finalist.

oldtownag
12-22-2013, 12:01 PM

I thought this was supposed to be "the year" for Gilmer?

hollywood
12-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Gilmer will have to find a QB to run their O. Who was the backup this season? Any Gilmerites thoughts? Barr is graduating.

hollywood
12-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I thought this was supposed to be "the year" for Gilmer?

After watching both 3A SC's, Carthage was one of the best teams in 3A this season. The best, could be debated til the end of time. We need a plus 1!

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2013, 12:39 PM
One year away.

#1 TEXAN
12-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Graham returns
7-offense
7- Defense

movethechain
12-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Gilmer will have to find a QB to run their O. Who was the backup this season? Any Gilmerites thoughts? Barr is graduating.

Backup was Jaidon Parrish and he is also graduating. The new QB for Gilmer will be Zach Speers, from what I have seen. He looked very good in mop up duty this year and I probably spelled his name wrong.

hollywood
12-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Graham returns
7-offense
7- Defense

Who is up for the starting QB and RB positions next season for the Steers?

hollywood
12-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Stephenville needs to get them some receivers with speed.

Martin is a speedster. Still need a big target for Stidahm to optimize his abilities. There are a couple of underclassmen that could develop into solid targets. Need the one a few miles "down the road" to transfer. ;)

toddg
12-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Martin is a speedster. Still need a big target for Stidahm to optimize his abilities. There are a couple of underclassmen that could develop into solid targets. Need the one a few miles "down the road" to transfer. ;)

JacketKiller? sorry. he is true to his dad's school and bleeds purple ! Hahaha

#1 TEXAN
12-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Who is up for the starting QB and RB positions next season for the Steers?

QB is up in air had two good soph backup RBs this year both should get plenty of snaps next yr.

poisoned10
12-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Backup was Jaidon Parrish and he is also graduating. The new QB for Gilmer will be Zach Speers, from what I have seen. He looked very good in mop up duty this year and I probably spelled his name wrong.

Spears. His dad was an PE coach back in the day and his older sister is a start basketball player at Texas Tech.

It will either be Zack or McLane Carter, GJ Kinne's younger brother who moved back to Gilmer.

Sent from my iPhone

movethechain
12-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Spears. His dad was an PE coach back in the day and his older sister is a start basketball player at Texas Tech.

It will either be Zack or McLane Carter, GJ Kinne's younger brother who moved back to Gilmer.

Sent from my iPhone

I had not heard that McLane had moved back. This could get interesting.

hollywood
12-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Sent from my iPhone

I had not heard that McLane had moved back. This could get interesting.

I'd heard the Carter kid could be moving back from Salado from an undisclosed source. ;) He had a good season at the 2A level. Good genes. You're right, could get interesting!

poisoned10
12-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I'd heard the Carter kid could be moving back from Salado from an undisclosed source. ;) He had a good season at the 2A level. Good genes. You're right, could get interesting!

He already has. He was on the sidelines for some of our playoff games.

Sent from my iPhone

hollywood
12-22-2013, 09:12 PM
He already has. He was on the sidelines for some of our playoff games.

Sent from my iPhone

Good luck to the Buckeye's next season! He should be a good fit!

Old Tiger
12-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Is he? Maybe for Stephenville but from what I saw none of their receivers could create separation.

poisoned10
12-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Good luck to the Buckeye's next season! He should be a good fit!

Finding a QB hasn't been much of an issue for the Buckeyes lately. I'm not saying every QB has been a superstar but all that have played the position has done it well.

Tanner Barr (2012-2013)
Jordan Traylor (2011)
Luke Turner (2010-2011)
Stump Godfrey (2007-2009)
GJ Kinne (2006)
Jamell Kennedy (2005)
Manuel Johnson (2004)
Derek McKenzie (2003)

If I'm not mistaken, all of those listed except for McKenzie and Traylor went on to play D-1 football, not necessarily at QB though. Barr, we still don't know, but I'm not too sure he has expressed much of a desire to play beyond high school. Gilmer will be just fine in the QB position, who ever it may be.

waterboy
12-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes, the Buckeyes will do just fine. They don't rebuild, they reload. I'm not sure who the new QB will be. That will be decided during the summer, but I certainly hope the Buckeyes learn to limit turnovers. Turnovers, penalties, and a lack of beef on the D-line were the Buckeyes undoing this season. They were good, very good, but those two weaknesses kept them from being great. We need a nutritionist to beef our boys up like some of the other schools have...

Aesculus gilmus
12-23-2013, 10:33 AM
As of January 2013, Tanner Barr DID want to play beyond high school:
http://youtu.be/pJcEXwCelI8

movethechain
12-23-2013, 01:13 PM

I would expect him to have offers as a DB. Wasn't he all-state as a sophomore DB?

caleb_mccaig
12-23-2013, 04:11 PM
One year away.

No idea what CS is looking like but from talking to one of China Spring's better players, Robert Martinez told me he's done with football. Just going to focus on baseball and basketball.

Aesculus gilmus
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
I would expect him to have offers as a DB. Wasn't he all-state as a sophomore DB?

You are correct. If he had remained at that position, he would probably already be committed somewhere.

mwrams
12-24-2013, 06:30 AM
You are correct. If he had remained at that position, he would probably already be committed somewhere.

Well if we end up in a district with, Abilene Wylie, Stephenville, Brownwood, & Graham....hopefully, a lot of pity...LOL!

YTBulldogs
12-24-2013, 10:03 AM
5/o
6/d

LV_Bearfan
12-24-2013, 02:39 PM
7O
8D

La Vernia

WOS87
12-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Sophomore QB who will be a Junior next year and very very young Defense that was the ONLY one to hold Carthage to 3 TDs this year :)

BandWagonFan
12-26-2013, 08:43 PM
They are also the only team that Carthage played with 34 mph winds

WOS87
12-27-2013, 02:57 AM
They are also the only team that Carthage played with 34 mph winds

Both teams played 2 quarters dealing with those winds facing them...and Carthage wasn't a passing only team... what's your point? how did those 2 field goals happen with the wind behind your back, why weren't they TDs? Perhaps.... the WOS defense

Dawgs
12-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Both teams played 2 quarters dealing with those winds facing them...and Carthage wasn't a passing only team... what's your point? how did those 2 field goals happen with the wind behind your back, why weren't they TDs? Perhaps.... the WOS defense

WOS was the best team we faced this season in 3a. There were weather conditions that could have made this game closer than it actually was. We came out and punched WOS in the mouth going up 20 to nothing at half, and they fought back. If you ask Carthage fans that were in the stands that night we all thought we were beat. This is what I am basing WOS as the best team Carthage faced. That was the only time this season when you watched the game live, and didn't know Carthage was going to win the game. I will say with the exception of the Whitehouse game, and for 2.5 quarters Carthage dominated them.

OLE'BULL
12-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Bellville is losing almost everybody on the offensive side of the ball. They will be returning 2, 3 at most. They are losing all 3 RB's, the QB, TE, WR, and a couple lineman. I am nervous. Defensively I think they are returning 5-7. Our DL should be strong with (I think) 3 returning starters...

slingshot
12-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Wylie will be fine... few names to remember--Clay Johnston 6'1" 210 lb absolute beast of an OLB/very good RB/1st team all-state, district overall MVP. Baylen Baker 6'4" 240 lb DE/TE quick for his size--unlimited upside. Logan Gilliam 6'4" 200 lb DE/WR--good speed, tenaceous on D and still growing. Also have 4 of 5 starting OL from season's end. Several very solid JV players coming up will make a splash also...

refereedoc
12-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Is he? Maybe for Stephenville but from what I saw none of their receivers could create separation.

Nah he can't run. 4.5 40, district & area champ in the 400. The 2 seam routes he ran against Kilgore he got mauled on, one received a flag and the other didn't. Coaches don't use his speed very productively.

FB-fanatic
12-28-2013, 11:17 AM

What are Barr's career numbers at QB?

FB-fanatic
12-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Lorena returns 3o / 3d - same as last year and went 9-2.

Sr-to-be QB Poteet saw fulltime at wide receiver and part time at QB. Is very fast and scored 5 TD's from the QB position. JV Jr-to-be QB 6'1" coming up from 8-1 JV is very strong also. Sophomore starting varsity slot back is moving to Georgetown as we speak. Great kid. I think Lorena will reload and be ready to go this next season and do what they do. Will have to rebuild the line again and linebacker corp.

Aesculus gilmus
12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
What are Barr's career numbers at QB?

You can just add up his junior and senior year stats from the MaxPreps site:

T. Barr (Jr) 16 244 404 2946 .604 12.074 184.1 25 14 89
T. Barr (Sr) 13 219 309 3349 .709 15.292 257.6 40 7 136

He also rushed for 550 yards this season and 903 last season.

Old Tiger
12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Nah he can't run. 4.5 40, district & area champ in the 400. The 2 seam routes he ran against Kilgore he got mauled on, one received a flag and the other didn't. Coaches don't use his speed very productively.

Was he #3?

refereedoc
12-28-2013, 12:50 PM
#5 played slot receiver. He was a little banged up in the Kilgore game. With Stidham not mobile, we weren't going to win anyway. Had a pulled groin from slipping on the "frozen tundra" in the Ice Bowl game against Lubbock Cooper. The OC tended to put him in motion a lot then run him in the flat to clear out other routes. It was a bit puzzling at times. Mom and grand parents were really hacked. Lol

Old Tiger
12-28-2013, 12:52 PM
#5 played slot receiver. He was a little banged up in the Kilgore game. With Stidham not mobile, we weren't going to win anyway. Had a pulled groin from slipping on the "frozen tundra" in the Ice Bowl game against Lubbock Cooper. The OC tended to put him in motion a lot then run him in the flat to clear out other routes. It was a bit puzzling at times. Mom and grand parents were really hacked. Lol
Ah okay, yeah I saw him get deep a couple of times, seems like they only run a few routes and don't utilize space very much.

refereedoc
12-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Yep I couldn't agree more. Thanks for coming and watching, sorry we didn't play better.

Old Tiger
12-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Yep I couldn't agree more. Thanks for coming and watching, sorry we didn't play better.

The game was my main concern going into that day, then I sat there in that wind and 30 degree weather and quickly got to where I was hoping there would be a continuous clock in the second half.

Is #3 a senior this year? Dude is tall, probably could have been used more in the redzone or is he?

refereedoc
12-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Senior. He had a tough year. Broke his hand in 7 on7. Came back 3rd game caught a td then broke the other wrist. Didn't play again until the playoffs started. Really good basketball player.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

refereedoc
12-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Never used him in the red zone. ?????

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ctown81
12-28-2013, 11:23 PM

Whether a 34mph wind is at your back or coming towards you, it still affects the passing game in a negative way. As for kicking the wind behind you has a much more positive effect.

Old Tiger
12-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Whether a 34mph wind is at your back or coming towards you, it still affects the passing game in a negative way. As for kicking the wind behind you has a much more positive effect.

It effects each team the same.

ctown81
12-29-2013, 04:43 PM
It effects each team the same.

it definitely does but you don't hear Carthage fans bragging about holding WOS to 14. Whether it affects both teams is not the point, my point is the weather had it's hand in playing defense on Carthage.

poisoned10
12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
You can just add up his junior and senior year stats from the MaxPreps site:

T. Barr (Jr)162444042946.60412.074184.1251489
T. Barr (Sr)132193093349.70915.292257.6407136

What?

Sent from my iPhone

FB-fanatic
12-30-2013, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=poisoned10;1798154]What?

Maxpreps shows 7,750 career total offensive yards. Very nice.