PDA

View Full Version : how fast is Ian Sadler?

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 12:00 AM
He doesn't look very fast on TV so I was jw

MJMbrahmas10
12-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Sure seems like he got "it". Whatever "it" is. The young man came to play.
I had no plans of watchin the game. But saw it was on. And he sure as heck captured my attention. Is he next level material? Being recruited?

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Sure seems like he got "it". Whatever "it" is. The young man came to play.
I had no plans of watchin the game. But saw it was on. And he sure as heck captured my attention. Is he next level material? Being recruited?

Going to play for tech.

toddg
12-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Faster than Emmitt Smith ever was..ahhh.. He wasn't real fast.. either was Michael Irvin... Jerry Rice wasn't exactly a burner either.. But they all had the "it"
see there, I just reeled off a couple of hall of famers that ran more 4.6s than 4.5s.. Some guys just know how to play this game better than others

regaleagle
12-21-2013, 01:29 AM
It's called football speed. It includes vision of the field and players, tons of athletic ability, changing speeds, directions, and "reading" the field. Also having a complete comfort level at all times....playing within the confines of each situation as it presents itself.

Emerson1
12-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Wes Welker speed...

1st and goal
12-21-2013, 11:09 AM
It's called football speed. It includes vision of the field and players, tons of athletic ability, changing speeds, directions, and "reading" the field. Also having a complete comfort level at all times....playing within the confines of each situation as it presents itself.

I liken this to the rodeo clowns who get in the ring with bulls.

Manso/V8
12-21-2013, 11:10 AM
The answer is fast enough to be a game changing player.
I agree with the Wes Welker comment and see Sadler becoming a great slot receiver at Tech.

Bullaholic
12-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Sadler is smart as well as athletic. Real asset to have a player of his abilities who can read defenses and take advantage of situations on the fly as he did on that critical 4th down run.

Gone Fishing
12-21-2013, 11:52 AM
The "it" is so much faster than 40 speed... I'd rather have 4.7 with "it" than 4.5 thats just athletic.....

CP3Dad
12-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Wes Welker speed...

Owe me a dollar...claiming $1 for all Welker comparisons over next 5 years...quit my day job after yesterday

CP3Dad
12-21-2013, 02:18 PM
The answer is fast enough to be a game changing player.
I agree with the Wes Welker comment and see Sadler becoming a great slot receiver at Tech.

Nother $1...This is easy!!!

Celina8
12-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Ian is not that fast. I challenged him to a race and being that I am 50 years old he let me start on the 50 yard line and he started from the end zone. I made it all the way from the 50 yard line to the 55 yard line before he past me. I felt bad for him that I was able to get 5 yards before he caught me...but my speed is deceptive . I credit a strict diet of Geritol, and Cheetos!

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Nother $1...This is easy!!!

People in Gilmer began making that comparison when he was a freshman.

However, some were not paying attention. I recall quite a few of our fans telling me Argyle wouldn't be all that good anymore once Austin Aune graduated. They had totally missed how good Sadler was. It is just an overall dynastic "reloading" program and people here did not get that at first.