PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoemen State Champions...... Again.

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 01:20 AM
That is all.

WOS87
12-20-2013, 01:36 AM
That is all.

Welcome to the Back-to-back club! I'll give the Yoemen the secret password to the clubhouse

....and Gratz!

Sweetwater Red
12-20-2013, 02:06 AM
#24 is a stud. Hard to believe he is only a sophomore..

Old Tiger
12-20-2013, 02:10 AM
For the record I am closing my account at Rockdale Federal Credit Union due to them publically supporting Cameron. Being that we are rivals that is unacceptable. No one or business from Cameron would support Rockdale.

Manso/V8
12-20-2013, 03:01 AM
For the record I am closing my account at Rockdale Federal Credit Union due to them publically supporting Cameron. Being that we are rivals that is unacceptable. No one or business from Cameron would support Rockdale.

What are you gonna do with that $3.00?

Old Tiger
12-20-2013, 03:49 AM
What are you gonna do with that $3.00?

Last I checked it was $11, lol.

My new account through Randolph Brooks looks good though!

oldtownag
12-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the Back-to-back club! I'll give the Yoemen the secret password to the clubhouse

....and Gratz!

2A peat does not sound as good as 3A peat.

Old Tiger
12-20-2013, 08:24 AM
2A peat does not sound as good as 3A peat.

Well they do return a 2200 yard and 30 td rusher!

hookandladder
12-20-2013, 08:49 AM
#14 is going to be a stud as well, kid is cat quick.

LHdog
12-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Cameron returns a bunch of talented underclassmen and I expect them to be in the championship game again in 2014.

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 10:33 AM

I would have told them to keep their support. Not wanted. I agree.......... totally unacceptable. The good old days at Alcoa and IGC will be missed.

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Well they do return a 2200 yard and 30 td rusher!

for TWO more years.

caleb_mccaig
12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
I would have told them to keep their support. Not wanted. I agree.......... totally unacceptable. The good old days at Alcoa and IGC will be missed.

A friend who was at the game said after Cameron won, they were the least excited team he had ever seen after winning state. He said they just kind of walked around and didn't act too excited at all lol. I guess if you go back-to-back it's just another day at the office.

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 10:43 AM
A friend who was at the game said after Cameron won, they were the least excited team he had ever seen after winning state. He said they just kind of walked around and didn't act too excited at all lol. I guess if you go back-to-back it's just another day at the office.

They were plenty excited.. as can be for playing in the SC game 3 of the last 4 years. They had plenty of oppertunities to get real excited their previous two games, Halletsville and White Oak, the first by 1 point and the second by a last second FG.

Sweetwater Red
12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Not sure how readable this pic will be due to poor hotel room lighting
and being taken with an iPhone but here is Cameron's team page from
the state program.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Mobile%20Uploads/C5811A3F-D5F9-4375-B592-C89D5C42B770.jpg

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Not sure how readable this pic will be due to poor hotel room lighting
and being taken with an iPhone but here is Cameron's team page from
the state program.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Mobile%20Uploads/C5811A3F-D5F9-4375-B592-C89D5C42B770.jpg

No 80 Soph- Defensive MVP

No. 24 Soph- Offensive MVP

Also expect them to reload off an undefeated 8th grade team.

Yoe_09
12-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Well, #80 was actually Webber and he was a senior. That dude did not even start last year (did get time in the playoffs) and was a monster all season (missed a good portion of the regular season due to two injuries).

The Yoemen undoubtedly lose a lot of talent, but that was the same case in 2010 and in 2012. One of the biggest ? coming into this season was who was going to be the RB. That QUICKLY went away as Smith impressed week in and week out. I fully expect some younger guys to step into other roles next season and perform at a high level. The sub-varsity program had one of the strongest years I have personally seen.

JV had 1 loss.
Freshmen team had 2 loses, but rolled through district.
The 8th grade was extremely impressive, going undefeated. They improved vastly from 7th to 8th and won every game by at least double digits.
The 7th grade team had a great start, but had a few key guys go out and lost a few district games. I fully expect this team to improve just like the 8th grade team did.

This was playing in D13, the toughest district in all of 2A. The 2014 squad will be young, but the talent will be there and they will be exciting to watch. Definitely looking forward to it.

Old Tiger
12-20-2013, 04:07 PM

I could only imagine the talks and fights out there between the two towns people.

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM
I could only imagine the talks and fights out there between the two towns people.

LOTS of money and beer won and lost. Two of my neighbors worked at Alcoa and IGC as did practically half of Cameron. When the pot lines started shutting down, and the old guard started retiring and not being replaced ,that is when Cameron started its trend from 3A to 2A. It finally caught up to Rockdale.

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Well, #80 was actually Webber and he was a senior. That dude did not even start last year (did get time in the playoffs) and was a monster all season (missed a good portion of the regular season due to two injuries).

The Yoemen undoubtedly lose a lot of talent, but that was the same case in 2010 and in 2012. One of the biggest ? coming into this season was who was going to be the RB. That QUICKLY went away as Smith impressed week in and week out. I fully expect some younger guys to step into other roles next season and perform at a high level. The sub-varsity program had one of the strongest years I have personally seen.

JV had 1 loss.
Freshmen team had 2 loses, but rolled through district.
The 8th grade was extremely impressive, going undefeated. They improved vastly from 7th to 8th and won every game by at least double digits.
The 7th grade team had a great start, but had a few key guys go out and lost a few district games. I fully expect this team to improve just like the 8th grade team did.

This was playing in D13, the toughest district in all of 2A. The 2014 squad will be young, but the talent will be there and they will be exciting to watch. Definitely looking forward to it.

And that was with most of the underclassman studs already on the Varsity.

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Cameron returns a bunch of talented underclassmen and I expect them to be in the championship game again in 2014.

If they do get back The only bad part of that is Ric Renners endless talk of " a yoemans work" . :(