PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat about 6 man state championship

GrTigers6
12-19-2013, 09:07 AM
On Fox High school Scoreboard they said the attendance was 8000 for the games Saturday and that was 2000 more than the 6A state championship in Florida Saturday evening. Says a lot about Texas High School football

hookandladder
12-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I have Kinfolk that live in Richland Springs , they have 5 sons and I am pretty sure they all have a State Championship ring. Pretty neat.

GrTigers6
12-19-2013, 09:52 AM
I have Kinfolk that live in Richland Springs , they have 5 sons and I am pretty sure they all have a State Championship ring. Pretty neat.Yeah they won like five out of six or seven trips in a row or close to that. It was like every year they seemed to be right there

Rabid Cougar
12-19-2013, 09:55 AM
On Fox High school Scoreboard they said the attendance was 8000 for the games Saturday and that was 2000 more than the 6A state championship in Florida Saturday evening. Says a lot about Texas High School football

A coworker in south Florida that is big into HS football was knocked on his butt when he saw the replays of the 5A SC games last year on FOXSports.

Emerson1
12-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Imagine if they weren't on TV what the attendance would be. What will be more interesting is how the 5A games stack up against the Stars on Saturday afternoon.

Anyone know if there will be a TV replay of the 6 man games?

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2013, 12:31 PM
I wonder how many of those 8,000 people were watching a 6 man game for the first time.

slingshot
12-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I wonder how many of those 8,000 people were watching a 6 man game for the first time....track meet with shoulder pads.

hollywood
12-19-2013, 02:24 PM
I have Kinfolk that live in Richland Springs , they have 5 sons and I am pretty sure they all have a State Championship ring. Pretty neat.

You do? So do I. We could be related! :eek:

If not, I'm sure they know each others families. ;)

hollywood
12-19-2013, 02:25 PM

Wow, good stuff GrTigers6.

gameface
12-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I love 6-man football! I try to attend one game each year, usually during LG open week! Glad to see 6- man final has centralized stage at Jerry's house. For those who have never seen a 6-man game in person, it's a must for those who claim to be a Texas HS football lover. My first opportunity was Calvert @ Buckholts! What a trip-primitive, simple yet high energy & beautiful fan base- like going back in time('50's)& each viewer can't help get fully engaged into the whole experience. I love the minor rule differences- more narrow field, get 1-pt. for after score conversion & 2-pts. for good extra pt. due to increased difficulty of 4 man front trying to shield a 6- man rush & my favorite- called the "mercy rule"- I call it " Skunk Rule" like in ping pong- if more than a 45 pt. difference----Game over! Experienced a 65- min. game 7 years ago & my wife asked me what I was doing home so early & had to explain "Mercy" details. Lastly, I went to few Prarie Lee 6-man games & was told that Texas HS Football originated in Prarie Lee!!?? Any truth to that as a valid stat?