PDA

View Full Version : Surprize! Sinton wins!

sinton66
08-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Despite a lackluster first quarter where they managed to score only a field goal, Sinton exploded in the second quarter and finished the night with a 31-6 Victory over Raymondville. Julian Ruiz had a 94 yard kick return for a touchdown. Bubba Heard rushed for two touchdowns. Julian for another and they had another called back. Pretty good guess there SintonFan!

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited August 30, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
08-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Congrats on your win tonight. Thats one in a row.

sinfan75
08-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Gots to correct ya 66.Julian had the kick return and a punt return for tds.plus one rushing td.Bubba had one td. another called back.And Alaniz had the other td.Running game is solid but passing game(surprisingly)needs lots of work.Defense was played well also.

sinton66
08-30-2002, 11:19 PM
So much for listening to my wife's version! Thanks for the update 75.

sinfan75
08-31-2002, 04:44 AM
Correction,Ruiz had no rushin tds.

footballgal
08-31-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
Gots to correct ya 66.Julian had the kick return and a punt return for tds.plus one rushing td.Bubba had one td. another called back.And Alaniz had the other td.Running game is solid but passing game(surprisingly)needs lots of work.Defense was played well also.

SintonFan75, is there any truth in that the game was closer then the score indicated, I hear that Raymondville fumbled twice deep in there own goal which resulted in two scores? and that the score was 10-6 at half time?

sinfan75
08-31-2002, 07:53 PM
I don't know about closer than it seemed,Sinton totally dominated the 2nd half.But I guess if you take the punt return by Julian to end the 1st half and then the kick-off return by Julian to start the 2nd half I guess you could say that.But remember Bubba had td. run called back that was about 75 yds.Sinton's defense really got after em the 2nd half and pretty much shut em down.About 136 yds.total offense by Raymondville.Pirates just need to get their passin game goin and they'll be fine.

footballgal
08-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
I don't know about closer than it seemed,Sinton totally dominated the 2nd half.But I guess if you take the punt return by Julian to end the 1st half and then the kick-off return by Julian to start the 2nd half I guess you could say that.But remember Bubba had td. run called back that was about 75 yds.Sinton's defense really got after em the 2nd half and pretty much shut em down.About 136 yds.total offense by Raymondville.Pirates just need to get their passin game goin and they'll be fine.

Sounds like Julian was pretty busy out there! 136 yard total for the game for Raymondville, sounds like Pirates have a real good D! Thanks for the insight Sintonfan75.