PDA

View Full Version : Thursday and Friday Championship Games

Mojo84
12-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I think is stinks having championship games on Thursday and Friday. Makes it seem like an afterthought and seems to diminish the value and accomplishment. Will it limit the attendance to pretty much just parents?

jason
12-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Friday and Saturday will be pretty crowded.
Not sure about Thursday.

lostaussie
12-16-2013, 09:50 AM
I think is stinks having championship games on Thursday and Friday. Makes it seem like an afterthought and seems to diminish the value and accomplishment. Will it limit the attendance to pretty much just parents?No........it won't. When you get in the building it doesn't matter if its a tuesday morning. Electricity is in the air for players, coaches and fans alike............great place to play and i am glad they do it this way now.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2013, 09:53 AM
No worries- The entire City of Cameron plus tons of ex-pats will be there on Thursday afternoon Three trips in four years! Going for back to back. - Go oYe!

YTBulldogs
12-16-2013, 10:33 AM
I think is stinks having championship games on Thursday and Friday. Makes it seem like an afterthought and seems to diminish the value and accomplishment. Will it limit the attendance to pretty much just parents?

I know the community of Shiner (they have the 10AM Thursday opener), located a few miles from me, would play on any day at any time. It's state. Yes, I'm sure fewer will make this game versus a 4PM Saturday start time. UIL one day in the future, could use two of our three state domes, to cover these finals. But, sure takes some pre-planning (years in advance) in making sure the host domes are open, no NFL games, concerts, etc. already booked. Just easier I guess, having them all at one location.

But, as a lover of Texas HS football, I'm the winner getting to see them all. And, if a large number of "me's" attend, one stadium my be the norm. It's all about $$$$. One stadium means, one dome rental. Can't be cheap either renting a dome. But, UIL could get the 3 bidding against one another for a 3-year contract to host. Having been at Reliant this past weekend, and Alamodome not willing to upgrade that facility, I hope Jerry wins the state finals bid. Word on the street, UTSA might be willing to help upgrade the Alamodome. Fingers crossed. Still cheaper than building their own stadium from scratch.

Saggy Aggie
12-16-2013, 01:42 PM
I'll only be there on Thursday and Friday lol