PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV Question! help!

Bosqueville
12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
We got on Direct TV about a month ago. Our Fox Sports Southwest did not show the 6- man state games. They had A&M basket ball on. Am I screwed this weekend?

Emerson1
12-15-2013, 11:21 PM
The 6 man games were online streams only.

YTBulldogs
12-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Am I screwed this weekend?

No sir. Drive to Arlington. You still have time luckily. See ya there.

Bosqueville
12-15-2013, 11:37 PM
No sir. Drive to Arlington. You still have time luckily. See ya there.

Ok now that makes me feel better.

1st and goal
12-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Last year the games were televised.

lostaussie
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Well the first problem you have is Direct TV............but as long as the wind doesn't blow, or some rain light rain fall, or even God forbid, the sun shine............you might have a chance to see the games:thumbsup: Now if all of those happen at exactly the same time.............you will probably be ok!!!

coachc45
12-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Last year the games were televised.

The 6 man games were not televised last year. They were streamed only.

Emerson1
12-16-2013, 04:42 PM
The 6 man games were not televised last year. They were streamed only.

and same for this year...

CP3Dad
12-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Well the first problem you have is Direct TV............but as long as the wind doesn't blow, or some rain light rain fall, or even God forbid, the sun shine............you might have a chance to see the games:thumbsup: Now if all of those happen at exactly the same time.............you will probably be ok!!!

:ditto:

Yoe_09
12-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Remember, if you are wanting to watch the 2A DI & DII games Thursday night, those are going to be on the alternate channel. I have Dish, and that channel is 440 for me.

ApachePride
12-16-2013, 08:44 PM

If you had a good installer and the job was done properly, you should never have any problems in bad weather... Mine never goes out..

Bosqueville
12-17-2013, 09:24 AM
If you had a good installer and the job was done properly, you should never have any problems in bad weather... Mine never goes out..

We have yet to have a problem with the signal. Now what is the alternate channel for Direct?

pancho villa
12-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Get DISH it is much better

1st and goal
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Get DISH it is much better

Dish of sopapillas maybe.

Direct is better, with the bigger football shaped parabolic HD antenna dish.

SHSBulldog00
12-17-2013, 02:51 PM
According this press release here's the Fox Sports Southwest coverage plans:

Thurs., Dec.19
10:00 a.m 1A Division I FOX Sports Southwest
1:00 p.m. 1A Division II FOX Sports Southwest
4:00 p.m. Ford Championship Live FOX Sports Southwest
5:00 p.m. 2A Division I FOX Sports Southwest Plus1
8:00 p.m. 2A Division II FOX Sports Southwest Plus1

Friday, Dec. 20
Noon 3A Division I FOX Sports Southwest
3:00 p.m. Ford Championship Live FOX Sports Southwest
4:00 p.m. 3A Division II FOX Sports Southwest
7:00 p.m. Ford Championship Live FOX Sports Southwest/FSSW Plus2
8:00 p.m. 4A Division I FOX Sports Southwest/FSSW Plus 2

Saturday, Dec. 21
Noon 4A Division II FOX Sports Southwest
3:00 p.m. Ford Championship Live FOX Sports Southwest
4:00 p.m. 5A Division I FOX Sports Southwest
7:00 p.m. Ford Championship Live FOX Sports Southwest/FSSW Plus2
8:00 p.m. 5A Division II FOX Sports Southwest/FSSW Plus2
11:00 p.m. High School Scoreboard Live FOX Sports Southwest

Note in particular the 4A Division 1 and 5A Division 2 games are listed as being on FSSW Plus 2.

According to the eventual reply (I had to press hard and exchange 6 emails before getting an answer), "Since you have stated that the game you are looking to watch is not included in the guide information then the network has decided not to provide us the access to air the game for our customers on FOX Sports Southwest plus as it is only available on FOX Sports Southwest Plus2 and is not a channel carried by DIRECTV. "

So DirecTV customers will be denied the access to see these 2 state title games.

I urge you to call DirecTV to complain of this decision on their part that these games are "available to all video providers that carry FOX Sports Southwest."

Please also use all means you have to inform the Texas media of this decision on the part of DirecTV.

ethsfbnut
12-18-2013, 09:36 AM
We`ve got Direct TV. Really like it. Some times I`ll call them and raise hell about nothing and they`ll give me a discount for a few months.