PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs Cowboys...

eagleqb_14
12-15-2013, 12:23 PM
will this be anohter brutal game to watch? I sure hope not, Hope the Boys jump out early on them and the D shows up. But "coach" is at the game and I dont think the cowboys ever win when he goes. so if they lose it is his fault

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Wonder how many yards Matt Flynn throws for today...:thinking:

piratebg
12-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Good news for the Cowboys, at least for now, is the Eagles are down 34-22 @ Minnesota in the 4th.

eagles_victory
12-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I still think that game is going to come down to being a winner take all game in the last week of the season

piratebg
12-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Minnesota up on Philly 48-30 with about a minute left. It's all up to Dallas from here.

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Nice...:clap:

Farmersfan
12-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Romo, Romo, Romo, Romo, Romo, Romo!!!! Cowboys have 19 points when they should have over 30!

Tejastrue
12-15-2013, 06:04 PM
That last Cowboy TD before the half help just a bit FF?

hookandladder
12-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Stupid ass playing calling fixin to bite the Cowboys in their ass ,run the freaking ball. Who gives a rats ass about Romo's stats, that's all it is.

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Uh oh...

eagleqb_14
12-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Leave it to the damn defense

eagleqb_14
12-15-2013, 06:55 PM
It's typical for the cowboys to play like this considering the eagles lost

defense51
12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Seriously???

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
:foul:

defense51
12-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Cowboys dodged a bullet there!:hairpunk:

hookandladder
12-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Cowboys done caught 3 huge breaks on this drive.

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Wow...awesome!

Sville
12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
What the hell is Garrett doing? Four minutes left, you are averaging 7.5 yards a rush and you are throw the ball all 3 times.

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Ridiculous...

defense51
12-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm really curious what the explanation will be as to why the Cowboys refuse to run the ball in this situation! :thinking::vrycnfsd::doh:

Sville
12-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Stupid football.

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Damn...

cougartino
12-15-2013, 07:38 PM
To all you Jerry Jones supporters out there: kiss my black acka backa!

Farmersfan
12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Just how frickin' bad does it have to be before someone on the Dallas sidelines loses their job?

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 07:41 PM
That's a pick...

Farmersfan
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
LOL! It's almost too easy to predict..................

defense51
12-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Simply unacceptable!

Sville
12-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Glad my mom is not in my living room or I would be getting my mouth washed out with soap. The Cowboys get exactly what they deserve. The sidelines lost this game.

Roughneck93
Embarrassing.

BB BULLS
Romo sucks romo sucks romo sucks romo sucks

hookandladder
12-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Romo sucks romo sucks romo sucks romo sucks

Amen brother, just freaking pitiful and ship Dez out to wherever he wants. Can you say Thug.

piratebg
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Time management. It's a concept that Mr. Princeton just can't seem to comprehend.

PhiI C
12-15-2013, 07:55 PM

Of course. The usual December meltdown continues and Romo chokes again with 2 late game interceptions along with dumb play calling.

hookandladder
12-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Romo SUCKS , Period. Garrett , right next to him along with the no brainier Jerry Jones.

cougartino
12-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Anyone have any idea why we stopped running the ball?

GrTigers6
12-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Uh 23 point lead at half blown by defense. 35 straight points given up and yall want to blame romo typical!

defense51
12-15-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm a diehard Cowboys fan and always try to be positive, but I'm getting on Farmersfan's bandwagon after this one!

GrTigers6
12-15-2013, 08:08 PM
This defense is worse than any defense I have ever seen and Im not talking about just the cowboys. 5 straight TD drives by a back up QB are you kidding me?
Romo should have been running out the clock instead of having to keep the lead

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Exactly! One of my friends texted me he would push Jerry Jones down the stairs and yell THAT'S FOR TOM LANDRY! Bad thing is I think we then wind up with Stephen Jones as GM. Bill Callahan should have never been hired. Garrett never has had the experience, Monty Kiffen should be put out to pasture. The conditioning and strength coaches need to be fired too. 10 players out with Hamstrings? I am so done watching this crap the Dallas Cowboys Football team puts out. Claiborne sucks when he is healthy which is never. Orlando Scandrick just got a 2 year extension and was beat like a rented mule the whole game. I bet every NFL team loves to come to Dallas to play. It's as close to a guaranteed win as there is in the NFL. Demarcus Ware should be ashamed to take a check as should Brandon Carr. The O-Line blocked for the run great. Demarco Murray ran the ball great. Homo was off target all day long.... hell all season he has consistently thrown behind receiver like he did Miles on that first pick. The 2nd pick was not Beasley's fault no matter how much the Romo apologists will come on here and say it was. It was ROMO'S!

Ignorant play calling and apathetic play by Romo lost this game along with a injury riddled defense. Dallas got outcoached and then outplayed at QB by Matt friggin Flinn. DONE!!!

defense51
12-15-2013, 08:10 PM
This f\defense is worse than any defense I have ever seen and Im not talking about just the cowboys. 5 straight TD drives by a back up QB are you kidding me?

And the Cowboys offense answered by doing what? 1 td and a fourth fg

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 08:11 PM
This defense is worse than any defense I have ever seen and Im not talking about just the cowboys. 5 straight TD drives by a back up QB are you kidding me?
Romo should have been running out the clock instead of having to keep the lead
Besides Carr and D'Ware and Hatcher have you ever heard of any of the guys on defense before the injury plagued year? No. Me Either. We are playing practice squad players at the corner and safety and linebacker and the line.

GrTigers6
12-15-2013, 08:13 PM
And the Cowboys offense answered by doing what? 1 td and a fourth fgNot disclaiming the playcalling just saying in the NFL a
23 point lead should be enough for any defense except this one'

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Not disclaiming the playcalling just saying in the NFL a
23 point lead should be enough for any defense except this one'
Most of them are barely practice squad players. Some came straight from the street.

piratebg
12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
And to think, as bad as they are they still have a chance to win the East. All they have to do is beat the Redskins and regardless of the Eagles/Bears outcome, its win or go home for the Division.

cougartino
12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
DallasCowboys.com shut down the comments section of the site. LOL!!!!!

bobcat1
http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/romo-meme7.jpg

Macarthur
Embarrassing

piratebg
12-15-2013, 08:20 PM

I was just there. LOL

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Yep, we might hurt their little feelers. Sissies!

GrTigers6
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Besides Carr and D'Ware and Hatcher have you ever heard of any of the guys on defense before the injury plagued year? No. Me Either. We are playing practice squad players at the corner and safety and linebacker and the line.
That's my point. How in the hell do yall blame the offense!

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2013, 08:55 PM
http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/romo-meme7.jpg

Hahaha this thread is so perfect

hookandladder
12-15-2013, 08:57 PM
That's my point. How in the hell do yall blame the offense!

Playing calling in the second half and Romo's bad decisions, nothing new to most fans. The reads at the end of the game , were all Romo's fault. Not the receivers.

Macarthur
12-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Playing calling in the second half and Romo's bad decisions, nothing new to most fans. The reads at the end of the game , were all Romo's fault. Not the receivers.

Incorrect. The last one Beasley quit on the route. The first one was a bad throw. Neither one was a bad read.

But it should have never come to that. The offense ran the football 7 times the entire 2nd half. The defense gave up 35 second half points and ware had one half a tackle. That's it! And ware was playing against a rookie. When does ware get some heat?

In the last two games, McCown and Flynn have gone for 647 yards 8 tds and 1int.

And if JG had half a brain, they would still have won this game.

Roughneck93
12-15-2013, 09:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iFElh4k.jpg

Old Tiger
12-15-2013, 09:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbkgQBFIYAE2tr2.jpg:large

cougartino
12-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Has anyone heard a reason why the running game was abandoned?

SHSBulldog00
12-15-2013, 09:58 PM

Because it was taking the spotlight away from the star of the Cowboys.

Really....it was a dumb move. I am by no means a Cowboys fan.

Cam
12-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Today's game emotions in order of appearance:.......:clap:......:cheerl:.....:2thumb sup......:vrycnfsd:..........:eek:.......:doh:.... ....:foul:.......:thmbdwn:........:bigcry:........ .:spitlol:

SHSBulldog00
12-15-2013, 10:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbkgQBFIYAE2tr2.jpg:large

You got that from my Twitter.

It was too good not to share.

Old Tiger
12-15-2013, 10:02 PM

HC is a moron that should have NEVER gotten that job.

Old Tiger
12-15-2013, 10:03 PM
You got that from my Twitter.

It was too good not to share.

I know, it's good stuff for sure!

Old Tiger
12-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Jason Garrett through Romo under the bus said he checked out of a run play to that pass play. Wonder how many runs Romo checks out of to pass plays? Maybe they need to take checking abilities out of the playbook for Romo.

Dez Bryant is a child, dude needs to grow up.

Macarthur
12-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Jason Garrett through Romo under the bus said he checked out of a run play to that pass play. Wonder how many runs Romo checks out of to pass plays? Maybe they need to take checking abilities out of the playbook for Romo.

Dez Bryant is a child, dude needs to grow up.

JG is the head coach. Romo is coached to make checks the way he does. He's been in JG s offense for almost a decade.

This game is all about JG. This game was managed so poorly, that the romo ints are going to get a lot of attention, but that burys the lead, IMO.

JG is a pitiful game manager. Period.

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 10:26 PM
JG is the head coach. Romo is coached to make checks the way he does. He's been in JG s offense for almost a decade.

This game is all about JG. This game was managed so poorly, that the romo ints are going to get a lot of attention, but that burys the lead, IMO.

JG is a pitiful game manager. Period.
I agree and Romo sucks at making checks out of plays. But then he is trained by the head coach that was a 3rd stinger on his best day..

Cam
12-15-2013, 10:47 PM
I've been a Cowboy fan since I was little....still remember watchin' the Colts/Cowboys Superbowl when Dallas lost on a last second FG.....I remember my dad couldn't stand still during a game....He'd get all uptight and stuff....Momma would get pissed at him cause he would get so emotionally involved!......I too became like dad during my teens and twenties and even into my thirties.....

I've slowly lost interest in this team......hate to admit that but it's true....I'm pretty much a casual observer these days......I've gotten used to mediocrity and refuse to get disappointed anymore......I'm afraid until new ownership comes around, things will stay as they are.....and that ain't a good thing.....I'm actually glad they lost today.....I'm almost ashamed to admit that I find it humorous.
Folks need to boycott Jerry World to send a message......but that ain't gonna happen....oh well.......8-8 here we come again...........

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 10:50 PM
I've been a Cowboy fan since I was little....still remember watchin' the Colts/Cowboys Superbowl when Dallas lost on a last second FG.....I remember my dad couldn't stand still during a game....He'd get all uptight and stuff....Momma would get pissed at him cause he would get so emotionally involved!......I too became like dad during my teens and twenties and even into my thirties.....Shoot! I remember being at work at Dillards on a Saturday when I was 18. The Cowboys were playing the Vikings in a playoff game that day......I made sure I took my lunch hour to catch the first half of the game. And here's the crazy part! I turned down a lunch invite from a co-worker, one of the most gorgeous girls I had ever met!......We both had crushes on each other....But after that rejection by me, she never gave me the time of day again!!!.....She moved back to Washington shortly after so I guess things wouldn't have worked out anyways....Plus, she hated football.......:spitlol:

I've slowly lost interest in this team......hate to admit that but it's true....I'm pretty much a casual watcher these days......I've gotten used to mediocrity and refuse to get disappointed anymore......I'm afraid until new ownership comes around, things will stay as they are.....and that ain't a good thing.....I'm actually glad they lost today.....I'm almost ashamed to admit that I find it humorous.
Folks need to boycott Jerry World to send a message......but that ain't gonna happen....oh well.......8-8 here we come again........... Or 7-9

cowboyandchrist
12-15-2013, 11:05 PM
I've been a Cowboy fan since I was little....still remember watchin' the Colts/Cowboys Superbowl when Dallas lost on a last second FG.....I remember my dad couldn't stand still during a game....He'd get all uptight and stuff....Momma would get pissed at him cause he would get so emotionally involved!......I too became like dad during my teens and twenties and even into my thirties.....

I've slowly lost interest in this team......hate to admit that but it's true....I'm pretty much a casual observer these days......I've gotten used to mediocrity and refuse to get disappointed anymore......I'm afraid until new ownership comes around, things will stay as they are.....and that ain't a good thing.....I'm actually glad they lost today.....I'm almost ashamed to admit that I find it humorous.
Folks need to boycott Jerry World to send a message......but that ain't gonna happen....oh well.......8-8 here we come again...........
I too used to be a big time Dallas fan since I was a little boy back in the early sixties. I watched the ice bowl against Green Bay on TV with my Granddad (black and white) but since the decline I have no interest in watching high school ball at the NFL level. High school foot ball has always been my favorite and always will be, but now college ball is what I like to watch on TV and much more entertaining. Hopefully Jerry will hire a GM and get out of the way.

bd62
12-15-2013, 11:09 PM

Amen. I feel just like you. I started watching this game when it was 29-10 in 3qt and I told my son I wonder how they will blow this game. And I got to see how.Jones runs the show and he getting what he deserves .

hookandladder
12-16-2013, 07:10 AM
I agree and Romo sucks at making checks out of plays. But then he is trained by the head coach that was a 3rd stinger on his best day..

Romo's favorite words, Kill, Kill, Kill at the LOS, The Cowboys are a complete joke right now from Top to bottom.

adoptedbuckeye
12-16-2013, 07:21 AM

I'm right there with you Cam. The first Cowboys game I can really remember watching was their last super bowl. It happened on my birthday and the Boys beat the Steelers, solidifying my place as a young Cowboys fan. However, they have broken my heart too many times and it doesn't even upset me anymore and hasn't for several years. I can't get excited about the NFL at all anymore. High school and college are my fix now!

Farmersfan
12-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Uh 23 point lead at half blown by defense. 35 straight points given up and yall want to blame romo typical!

Yea, 23 points out of a possible 42 is what we blame Romo for. And most of us knew the defense would give up points.

GrTigers6
12-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Yea, 23 points out of a possible 42 is what we blame Romo for. And most of us knew the defense would give up points.How were the field goals romos fault. Other than a bad pass or two. the rest were play calling and or execution. If I remember correctly he was sacked on two or three of those third downs. We had penalties all though I didn't agree with them like the OPI on Austin. So you can t blame it on Romo entirely. There are 10 other players that have to perform as well. And don't give me this leadership crap because even the best leaders cant make the players do their job. The players have to take care of business, They are adults

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Romo's favorite words, Kill, Kill, Kill at the LOS, The Cowboys are a complete joke right now from Top to bottom.

I was telling everyone 4 years ago that Romo's "KILL, KILL, KILL" was actually killing any chances of success for this team.

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
How were the field goals romos fault. Other than a bad pass or two. the rest were play calling and or execution. If I remember correctly he was sacked on two or three of those third downs. We had penalties all though I didn't agree with them like the OPI on Austin. So you can t blame it on Romo entirely. There are 10 other players that have to perform as well. And don't give me this leadership crap because even the best leaders cant make the players do their job. The players have to take care of business, They are adults

Go back and watch the play by play on this game and watch Romo's lack of effectiveness on 3rd down. He repeatedly made bad throws and bad decisions on 3rd down. He had wide open receivers yet often threw to receivers who were covered and had NO CHANCE of making a catch. The Packers defense didn't suddenly become the 85' Bears when Dallas got into the Red Zone. Tony Romo's execution was pathetic on 3rd down and it forced the Cowboys to kick 5 FGs. The 5th field goal was actually caused by a Doug Free holding penalty that put them into a 2nd and 14 but then Romo threw 2 consecutive 1 yard passes to Williams and Beasely. ( I question why he's throwing 1 yard passes when they need 14 yards but will give him the benefit of a doubt). Bottom line was Romo was ok in the middle of the field and they moved up and down the feild at will. Then they got into the Red Zone and Romo played horrible.... Watch the video!

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Sunday marked the seventh time Tony Romo has thrown a pick in the fourth quarter or overtime with his team tied or leading by one possession -- nearly twice as many as any other QB since 2006.

INTs
Tony Romo 7
Ryan Fitzpatrick 4
Matt Schaub 4
Chad Henne 4
Ben Roethlisberger 4

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Tony Romo has now thrown the most 4th-quarter interceptions this season when the score is within five points. Romo joined Geno Smith (did it in Week 2 vs NE) as the only quarterbacks to throw multiple 4th-quarter interceptions in the same game when the score is within five points this season. [+]

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Tony Romo's interception with 1:24 left in the 4th quarter dropped the Cowboys win probability by 51.1 percentage points, the 2nd-most costly 4th-quarter interception in his career in terms of decrease in win probability. His interception earlier in the quarter dropped the Cowboys win probability by 17.5 percentage points (from 88.6 percent to 71.1 percent). Tony Romo has thrown 7 career 4th-quarter interceptions that have dropped the Cowboys win probability by at least 20 percentage points (The Cowboys have lost all 7 games). Only Matt Schaub has thrown more costly interceptions (8) since the start of 2006. [+]

All these quotes are from the research notes on ESPN game recap. http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331215006

Macarthur
12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't dispute those numbers ff. and I'm not going to spend a ton of effort defending romo because he made huge errors this week.

However, I do think a point needs to be made that dallas is seemingly always in high leverage situations. It seems as though virtually every week, romo is in position to either win or lose a game. He clearly has to carry this team.

I think the stat you reference above coupled with the stat that he has more 4th quarter come backs than anyone the last 3 years clearly shows that romo is put in high leverage situations quite often. I would be curious if there is a stat that shows how often he is in those situations versus other QBs. If he is in those situations much more than other QBs, then it is reasonable to think his failure rate is higher and the stats show that his success rate is also higher.

In the cowboys losses this year, romo has 17 TDs 3 ints and a rating of 104.5.

I'm not excusing the mistake. He's got to be better in that situation. But I do think the combination of the stat above coupled with the one you posted, tells an interesting story.

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 03:16 PM
I don't dispute those numbers ff. and I'm not going to spend a ton of effort defending romo because he made huge errors this week.

However, I do think a point needs to be made that dallas is seemingly always in high leverage situations. It seems as though virtually every week, romo is in position to either win or lose a game. He clearly has to carry this team.

I think the stat you reference above coupled with the stat that he has more 4th quarter come backs than anyone the last 3 years clearly shows that romo is put in high leverage situations quite often. I would be curious if there is a stat that shows how often he is in those situations versus other QBs. If he is in those situations much more than other QBs, then it is reasonable to think his failure rate is higher and the stats show that his success rate is also higher.

In the cowboys losses this year, romo has 17 TDs 3 ints and a rating of 104.5.

I'm not excusing the mistake. He's got to be better in that situation. But I do think the combination of the stat above coupled with the one you posted, tells an interesting story.

I think you are right Mac. I believe the Cowboys play in more close games than most any other team in the NFL. But isn't this as much the fault of the QB not putting the nail in the coffin as much as it is the defense giving up leads. Not simply this season. Last year we were debating the same thing. You blamed the defense for not holding the lead and I blamed the offense for going into a shell and not continuing to score. Probably the true reason is somewhere in the middle. This season the defense is a complete disaster and the team will have lean on it's "BIG DOG"! But wait, who is the big dog on this team?

Macarthur
12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
No, I do not believe it's the fault of a QB with a career passer rating of 95 that they are seemingly always in high leverage games. Tonys been saddled with a poor organization, poor coaching and poor drafts for most of his tenure. He's had exactly 2 top 10 defenses during his tenure and he went 13-3 and 11-5 in those seasons with a playoff win and a loss to the SB champs.

And I think we need to stop with the $100 million QB stuff. It's the economics of the game today. Romo was going to get that kind of money. Did you watch the two $100 million QBs play last night? Pretty pedestrian. I went and looked at espn and nfl.com and neither of them talked about how stafford has thrown 10 ints in his last 5 games and has virtually killed his teams playoff chances. Tell me that narrative isn't different than when romo screws up?

If you want to talk about money, what are we getting out of ware and Carr? At least when this team has lost, romo has given them 17 TDs 3 ints and a 104.5 passer rating.

And to the point I was making before. I would love to see something on the % of failures these QBs have. Because while it may be true that if romo fails 10 out of 20 times in a late game situation, he will have a higher total number of failures, but if Bree's fails 5 out of 10, they have the same failure rate. It's just hat romo is put in that situation more often.

GrTigers6
12-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Tony Romo's interception with 1:24 left in the 4th quarter dropped the Cowboys win probability by 51.1 percentage points, the 2nd-most costly 4th-quarter interception in his career in terms of decrease in win probability. His interception earlier in the quarter dropped the Cowboys win probability by 17.5 percentage points (from 88.6 percent to 71.1 percent). Tony Romo has thrown 7 career 4th-quarter interceptions that have dropped the Cowboys win probability by at least 20 percentage points (The Cowboys have lost all 7 games). Only Matt Schaub has thrown more costly interceptions (8) since the start of 2006. [+]

All these quotes are from the research notes on ESPN game recap. http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331215006

Farmerfan that's some interesting figures but how about how fast the win probability fell each and every TD that the defense gave up over and over and over. I know that the INT's that Romo thru were deadly but it doesn't compare to 35 points in a half when we had a 23 point lead. If Romo's Int's were in a close game and the defense was playing well then I can see your point. Yes Romo threw some bad passes but he did not lose this game
Edit
Also last week you were complaining about not enough drives ending in points and then this week we had a high percentage of scoring drives and you complain as well. Now I know that they ended up with field goals in several occasions where they needed field goals but at least they scored points

Farmersfan
12-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Farmerfan that's some interesting figures but how about how fast the win probability fell each and every TD that the defense gave up over and over and over. I know that the INT's that Romo thru were deadly but it doesn't compare to 35 points in a half when we had a 23 point lead. If Romo's Int's were in a close game and the defense was playing well then I can see your point. Yes Romo threw some bad passes but he did not lose this game
Edit
Also last week you were complaining about not enough drives ending in points and then this week we had a high percentage of scoring drives and you complain as well. Now I know that they ended up with field goals in several occasions where they needed field goals but at least they scored points

Just a bunch more Romo excuses. We all knew the defense sucked. The Packers knew this defense sucked. But Tony Romo was 2 for 11 on 3rd downs in this game and 3rd downs is where the rubber meets the road. These are drive sustaining downs. And this was BEFORE he threw two stupid interceptions in the last 2 minutes of the game. Don't try to blame a bunch of other reasons for this either. On the 2 completions Romo had a 1 yard pass to Beasley and a touchdown to Dez. He was sacked 1 time on 3rd down but that was almost entirely because he held the ball too long. A veteran QB can't take a 14 yard sack. EVER! Especially one that made his fortune on being a mobile QB...... :crazy::crazy:

Cam
12-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I got a kick out of the expressions on these Cowboy fans after the Packers got the go ahead score.....the only one who doesn't seem to care is the blonde gal 2nd from the right...she's more interested in finding out if she's gonna get her mug shot taken!!......:spitlol:

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/9248/40zv.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Hmmmm, checks in on thread... see's typical comments about Cowboys, reads about their Historically bad defense, (Historic folks!), reads about the terrible play calling, same ole FF hating on Romo... and then moves along.

:crazy:

Macarthur
12-17-2013, 05:11 PM
He was sacked 1 time on 3rd down but that was almost entirely because he held the ball too long. A veteran QB can't take a 14 yard sack. EVER! Especially one that made his fortune on being a mobile QB...... :crazy::crazy:

Absolutely completely 100000% WRONG!

In the second half of that game a sack is infinitely better than an incompletion because it keeps the clock running which why were having this conversation to begin with. JG has to have a plan to kill the clock in the second half of that game. Completely brain dead.

You are wrong on your sack comment above. Flat out wrong.

Macarthur
12-17-2013, 05:15 PM
The packers came out yesterday that they were astounded that dallas stopped running the ball because they knew they couldn't stop it.

In the second half, the cowboys ran the football 7 times and passed 23 and here we are again arguing about romo. That's what's crazy. :crazy:

GrTigers6
12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Just a bunch more Romo excuses. We all knew the defense sucked. The Packers knew this defense sucked. But Tony Romo was 2 for 11 on 3rd downs in this game and 3rd downs is where the rubber meets the road. These are drive sustaining downs. And this was BEFORE he threw two stupid interceptions in the last 2 minutes of the game. Don't try to blame a bunch of other reasons for this either. On the 2 completions Romo had a 1 yard pass to Beasley and a touchdown to Dez. He was sacked 1 time on 3rd down but that was almost entirely because he held the ball too long. A veteran QB can't take a 14 yard sack. EVER! Especially one that made his fortune on being a mobile QB...... :crazy::crazy:
Its funny how you totally ignore my point because it hurts your cause. You are trying to say that if our defense sucks then Romo has to be better. So according to you why do we even play defense anyway. Just give them a td everytime we kick off to them because that's pretty much what happens anyway. And then Romo can be superman and try to win the game. You clearly need some help with your room hating.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2013, 11:33 PM
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/12/beasley-takes-blame-for-last-int-romo-says-he-shouldnt-have-put-the-ball-where-defense-could-make-a-.html

Farmersfan
12-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Its funny how you totally ignore my point because it hurts your cause. You are trying to say that if our defense sucks then Romo has to be better. So according to you why do we even play defense anyway. Just give them a td everytime we kick off to them because that's pretty much what happens anyway. And then Romo can be superman and try to win the game. You clearly need some help with your room hating.

And you don't live in reality land!
FACT: On Sunday the Packers had 14 possessions and scored on 6 of them. The Cowboys had 12 possessions and scored on 7 of them. And the Cowboys lost by 1 point. So don't act like the offense was playing against a stacked deck. If the Dallas defense was so damn bad as to eliminate all blame from the Dallas QB then the Green Bay defense was equally as bad! The Cowboys had more yardage, more 1st downs and more Time of Possession than the Packers did. The ONLY difference in these two teams on Sunday was the play of their QBs when the game was on the line. The Cowboys had more turnovers and much lower success rate on 3rd down and both of those stats are directly related to the play of TONY ROMO! The backup QB for the Packers finished with a 118 QB rating and our "Glory Boy" finished with a 80 QB rating. Tony Romo had better stats in every category pretty much except for the two I mentioned. 3rd down success and turnovers! END OF STORY!

Farmersfan
12-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I just read this online and thought I would share it:

Evel Knievel had a stock answer when asked why he jumped motorcycles over cars, fountains and canyons for a living.
"I'm Evel Knievel," said the man who suffered 433 bone fractures.
Enough said.
That brings us to the NFL's leading fourth-quarter daredevil, Tony Romo. The Cowboys are crumbling and the blame game is back on in Dallas. People are blaming the owner, the coach and, of course, the gagging quarterback.
In turn, Romo should blame Dallas.
Not for saddling him with Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett or history’s worst defense. Romo should blame Dallas for not letting him be accepted as the so-so player he is.
So-so means somewhere between terrible and great. After jumping between both ends of that spectrum for eight years, it’s apparent Romo’s true landing place is in the middle. He's dramatically ordinary, and we should expect his team to reflect that.
His career record is 62-45 as a starter, but the past four seasons he is 24-28. For all the thrills Romo provided, he has one more playoff win than Tony Roma.
Sunday was a microcosm of his unique ordinary nature. An afternoon of fine QB work against Green Bay was obliterated by two interceptions in the final three minutes.
The 37-36 loss was enough to make semi-grown men like Dez Bryant cry. As always, it wasn’t all Romo’s fault. As always, that doesn’t matter when you quarterback America’s Team.
To quote Waylon and Willie, mammas don’t let your babies grow up to be Cowboy quarterbacks. It’s the country’s most inflated and scrutinized job outside of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
If you succeed, you’ll go down in history. If you fail, you’ll make the Drudge Report faster than any other player in the NFL.
Romo knows the drill. It became obvious in 2007 when a quick getaway to Cabo San Lucas with Jessica Simpson became worldwide news. If he didn’t want the paparazzi element that comes with the job, he wouldn’t, he shouldn’t have signed that six-year, $108-million contract before the season.
There’s no reason to feel sorry for the guy. But you’d understand why he might have tempted to pick up the phone this week and call Matt Ryan.
"Hey, Matty," Romo would say. "Want to trade places for week?"
Like Romo, Ryan became a $100-million quarterback before the season. Like Dallas, the Falcons entered the year with great expectations. The Cowboys are a disappointing 7-7, but Atlanta is a disheartening 4-10.
Ryan’s stats are comparable to Romo’s. So is his reputation as a quarterback who can’t win big games. If the Falcons were in Dallas, their slide would be a sports-talk staple. Ex-quarterbacks everywhere would be assigned to analyze Ryan’s footwork on third down and predict how it might translate to a snowy Super Bowl.
But Ryan plays for the Falcons. We don't know if he ever vacationed with Carrie Underwood. We are left to ask the football question:
If a tree throws interceptions in the Atlanta woods and nobody sees it, does it make a sound?
Answer: It’s the Falcons. Who really cares?
The thing is, the Falcons’ quarterback is better than Romo. So are the quarterbacks in about a dozen other cities.
Most polls would place Romo borderline on the top third of NFL signal-callers. But people are still dismayed when Romo can't pull off a Drew Brees imitation in December or January.
For sure, he's had a great career for a guy nobody drafted out of Eastern Illinois. His defenders can trot out all sorts of glowing stats. Romo's career QB rating is 95.6, the sixth-best in NFL history.
Of course, modern-day passing has rendered that stat bogus. Six of the top seven quarterbacks in history are currently playing.
Romo's rating is 12 points better than Roger Staubach's. It's 14 better than Troy Aikman's. Who would Dallas fans prefer as their quarterback?
Just when Romo might be swaying a few opinions, he'll do what he did Sunday. Miles Austin had a step on his defender, but Romo's pass was a step too late.
"You get that thing up in the air, a little more loop on it," Jones said on his radio show Tuesday, "Miles is still running."
And if Romo were Staubach, every day would be Christmas. It’s fair to criticize him for all those fourth-quarter glitches. What isn’t fair is to think he should be Aikman or Captain Comeback Staubach.
Romo is a lot closer to Danny White or Craig Morton. They had respectable careers, but you wouldn’t remember them from Mike Phipps if they hadn’t played for Dallas.
Romo's days are far from over, but we would save ourselves a lot of shock over the next few years if we'd just accept him for who he is.
He's Tony So-So.
Expect him to crash.

Macarthur
12-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Lol.

The cowboys have lost 2 games this year when they have scored 35 points. The rest of the entire league has gone 51-2 when scoring 35.

Romo has 17 TDs 3 ints and a 104.5 rating in losses this season.

@MoveTheSticks: Cowboys defense last 2 games (vs McCown/Flynn): 647 passing yards allowed, 8 TD's, 1 INT

In 4 of 7 losses , the cowboys have scored 28 points.

Ware and hatcher combined for .5 tackles.

GrTigers6
12-18-2013, 10:53 AM
And you don't live in reality land!
FACT: On Sunday the Packers had 14 possessions and scored on 6 of them. The Cowboys had 12 possessions and scored on 7 of them. And the Cowboys lost by 1 point. So don't act like the offense was playing against a stacked deck. If the Dallas defense was so damn bad as to eliminate all blame from the Dallas QB then the Green Bay defense was equally as bad! The Cowboys had more yardage, more 1st downs and more Time of Possession than the Packers did. The ONLY difference in these two teams on Sunday was the play of their QBs when the game was on the line. The Cowboys had more turnovers and much lower success rate on 3rd down and both of those stats are directly related to the play of TONY ROMO! The backup QB for the Packers finished with a 118 QB rating and our "Glory Boy" finished with a 80 QB rating. Tony Romo had better stats in every category pretty much except for the two I mentioned. 3rd down success and turnovers! END OF STORY!

Lets say that the Cowboys go on down and kick the field goal and win. Who do you think the packer fans will blame for the loss? Offense who scored 37 or the defense who gave up 39? Exactly the defense. unless Romo played for the packers and then it would be Romos fault

Roughneck93
12-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Lol.

The cowboys have lost 2 games this year when they have scored 35 points. The rest of the entire league has gone 51-2 when scoring 35.

@MoveTheSticks: Cowboys defense last 2 games (vs McCown/Flynn): 647 passing yards allowed, 8 TD's, 1 INT

Kirk Cousins will add to those crazy numbers on Sunday...:thmbdwn:

Macarthur
12-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Just said on the ticket that the last month dallas has, by far, the best yards per rush in the league but the fewest number of rushes.

Bullaholic
12-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Just said on the ticket that the last month dallas has, by far, the best yards per rush in the league but the fewest number of rushes.

Strikes me as odd. Callahan offenses have always been historically run oriented. Maybe JJ is not patient enough for running plays and has picked up and used the luxury box phone a lot....:D

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Tony Dungy said in close games where they needed to run the ball he took the choice out of Manning's hands....JG should have done the same thing..be the HC right there and say run run run

Farmersfan
12-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Lol.

I don't really see the relevance in this information Mac. Romo played 59 minutes of the most outstanding football of his career against Denver and then pissed it away with a single mistake! Without that game Romo's stats are basically identical in wins and losses. Except his 3 interceptions in the losses were within the last 3 minutes and probably were the cause for the losses. And just so you know, the defense averaged giving up only 18 points in all 7 wins this season. It's a bad defense for sure and nobody is arguing that point but they have also played 7 of the top 10 offenses in the NFL. And Green Bay at #12 and San Diego at #14. Not an excuse-just a few facts. On the other hand the Cowboys have played 7 of the 10 worse defenses in the NFL and lost to 3 of them. Only 2 Dallas opponents are in the top 10 in defense.
So I agree 100% that the Dallas defense is really, really bad right now. It's our weakness and our albatross! But for about the millionth time, these guys will be cut and replaced as soon as possible. The underachievers on the offense will not!
And in all 7 wins the defense averaged giving up just 18 points! Does this mean the only way this team can win is if the defense holds the opponent to 18 points or less? No! It means the defense is as much a crap shoot as the offense is.

Farmersfan
12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Lets say that the Cowboys go on down and kick the field goal and win. Who do you think the packer fans will blame for the loss? Offense who scored 37 or the defense who gave up 39? Exactly the defense. unless Romo played for the packers and then it would be Romos fault

Matt Flynn had a 118 QB rating and didn't throw 2 game deciding interceptions in the final 3 minutes. Matt Flynn is a career bench warmer! Matt Flynn played a very, very impressive game the second half! None of this applies to Romo.............

coach
12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
The cowboys are about to play a third game in a row with a back up qb. It just shows you haw BAD our defense really is.,

GrTigers6
12-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Matt Flynn had a 118 QB rating and didn't throw 2 game deciding interceptions in the final 3 minutes. Matt Flynn is a career bench warmer! Matt Flynn played a very, very impressive game the second half! None of this applies to Romo.............

My point is the way the defense was playing in the second half it didn't matter if we had the INT's or not. Lets say we have to punt with a 5 point lead then the packers get the ball back and score and win anyway and yet you would still blame Romo

buff4ever
12-19-2013, 10:03 AM
My point is the way the defense was playing in the second half it didn't matter if we had the INT's or not. Lets say we have to punt with a 5 point lead then the packers get the ball back and score and win anyway and yet you would still blame Romo

blah blah blah, you just said our qb sux but our defense sux worse. Fact remains that romo is not a clutch gamer. It would be nice sometimes to see if our defense could hold the opponent with the length of the field every once in a while, no matter how bad or good they are, if you give the opponent a short field the odds are moving the wrong way.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2013, 10:18 AM
blah blah blah, you just said our qb sux but our defense sux worse. Fact remains that romo is not a clutch gamer. It would be nice sometimes to see if our defense could hold the opponent with the length of the field every once in a while, no matter how bad or good they are, if you give the opponent a short field the odds are moving the wrong way.

You mean like the three 80 yard drives GB had for TDs?

Old Tiger
12-19-2013, 10:24 AM
If tony doesn't throw those late interceptions the cowboys win

Bullaholic
12-19-2013, 10:51 AM
If tony doesn't throw those late interceptions the cowboys win

Dang, OT--you don't need to throw the lure right into Farmer's mouth....let it hit the water and jig it around a little bit....:D

Macarthur
12-19-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Sound-FX-Dez-Bryant-Micd-Up-vs-Green-Bay/9c94a612-7352-425c-85e6-1e715cb41ed0

I gotta say, I like this kid. I wish we had a few more of him. Is there any question he wants to win more than anything. Dare I say, he is becoming a leader?

Farmersfan
12-19-2013, 02:56 PM

You ignore part of the equation so you can emphasize another part. Let's talk about what actually happened and not what you think would have happened. Green Bay had 433 total yards and Dallas had 466 total yards yet you seem to know for certain that Green Bay was better able to move the ball. Not true! Green Bay scored on 6 out of 14 possessions ( 43%) and Dallas scored on 8 out of 12 possessions. (67%). If Romo doesn't throw that interception the odds are great that Dallas goes down the field for a score. Everybody is dog piling the defense after that game but the Dallas defense was the second worse defense on the field that day................... Matt FLynn beat our piss poor defense. Romo couldn't get it done against theirs. Dallas gave up 37 points and Green Bay gave up 36. The difference is how each QB played at crunchtime.

Farmersfan
12-19-2013, 03:01 PM

You also need to understand that Dallas only had 1 punt in the second half. They either scored on every possession or Romo threw a interception!!!!!!! Dallas had 5 possessions in the second half.. 1 TD, (90 yard drive). 1 FG,( 50 yard drive). 1 punt, 2 interceptions.

GrTigers6
12-19-2013, 03:49 PM
You ignore part of the equation so you can emphasize another part. Let's talk about what actually happened and not what you think would have happened. Green Bay had 433 total yards and Dallas had 466 total yards yet you seem to know for certain that Green Bay was better able to move the ball. Not true! Green Bay scored on 6 out of 14 possessions ( 43%) and Dallas scored on 8 out of 12 possessions. (67%). If Romo doesn't throw that interception the odds are great that Dallas goes down the field for a score. Everybody is dog piling the defense after that game but the Dallas defense was the second worse defense on the field that day................... Matt FLynn beat our piss poor defense. Romo couldn't get it done against theirs. Dallas gave up 37 points and Green Bay gave up 36. The difference is how each QB played at crunchtime.

What you don't understand is that GB scored a TD every drive second half. You cant count the first half because that's not what I am talking about. GB was 100 % scoring TD's in the second half so the odds were 100-1 that they would do it again. Its that simple and Im sorry your hatred for Romo keeps you from seeing that.
Also there is guarantee that they would have scored a TD maybe just a field goal or a punt. the fact remainsthe same the defese couldn't stop them in the second half.
One othere thing is that your claim is that Flynn can beat the worse defense but Romo couldn't beat the better defense when according to your stats he did

Old Tiger
12-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Dang, OT--you don't need to throw the lure right into Farmer's mouth....let it hit the water and jig it around a little bit....:D

just setting up some jug lines, don't pay me no attention.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300983/article/denver-broncos-boast-nfls-best-offensive-nucleus

Farmersfan
12-20-2013, 11:17 AM
. the fact remainsthe same the defese couldn't stop them in the second half.

And Green Bay couldn't stop Dallas in THE ENTIRE FRIGGIN' GAME!!!!! The only person who had success stopping the Dallas offense in this game was TONY ROMO! And my hatred for Tony Romo has NOTHING to do with the facts.

Dallas scored 8 times on 12 possessions and Green Bay scored 6 times on 14 possessions.

87 TIGER
12-20-2013, 02:18 PM
I was at the game! Freakin great! Loved it, always happy when the boys lose. I've been pretty happy for about 16 years. I'm telling you romo was the second best player green bay had. Only back up qb Flynn was better

Farmersfan
12-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I was at the game! Freakin great! Loved it, always happy when the boys lose. I've been pretty happy for about 16 years. I'm telling you romo was the second best player green bay had. Only back up qb Flynn was better

No kidding! I've been trying to tell everybody that. Romo's 3rd down numbers alone should tell most people he carries a ton of the blame for this loss. But then throw in the 2 late interceptions and it's undeniable. Tell everybody here how many times Romo threw to a covered receiver on 3rd down when other receivers were running WIDE FRICKIN' OPEN! Every single 3rd down throw Romo made was a bad throw or a terrible decision!

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Does anyone Really care about the Cowboys anymore? It is Comedy Central every time they play.

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 05:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-film-review-tony-romo-mistakes-led-235519234--nfl.html

Macarthur
12-21-2013, 08:20 AM
I dont think anyone says that Romo is blameless.