PDA

View Full Version : EVERMAN SCRIMMAGE

dawgcatcher
08-22-2003, 08:39 AM
ANYONE KNOW HOW THE BULLDOGS PLAYED?

rholl
08-22-2003, 08:48 AM
ok heres my condensed version
offense- spent alot of time working on the pass. O-line seemed to give good protection for the most part. Qb's just don't quite have it yet. Many wide open recvr's missed on long plays. Its coming though. Run blocking seemed to be not quite as good. Backs were plugging away though and getting decent gains on the ground.
defense- inconsistent!! Hard to gauge in scrimmage situation. Height would go backwards backwards backwards then get a couple of holding penalties and never lose any yardage then the would pop a run and move the sticks. But scrimmages are for the coaches not the fans!! I'll say this...I don't think many teams will win ballgames by passing on Everman. They were all over passes last night db's and safeties were flying to balls in the air. There still seems to be some work to do on the d-line and the LB's.

cubs
08-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Rholl, Sounds like nothing that playing won't take care of. Y'all will be fine. Look forward to seeing the Bulldogs Sept. 5 - our kids always look forward to the Everman game - it, Dunbar and Wyatt are our big ones. Cubs

Chief Woodman
08-23-2003, 09:26 AM
How many TD's were posted by each first team offence?

everman_guy
08-23-2003, 11:36 AM
The Dawgs looked much imporved over last weeks scrimmage for the first 3/4 of the scrimmage. The had trouble in the red zone drill for some reason, but imprvoed a little in that as the scrimmage went on. There are few guys out there that won't see playing time in the regular season. If the continue to improve the next 2 weeks, they will be ready Sept 5.

The Bulldogs have a set of tall, fast receivers that will be hard to deal with. They got decent protection, and the passing game looks as if it will be one of Everman's strong points this year. 4 of the 6 TD's the Bulldogs have scored in the srimmages have been through the air.