PDA

View Full Version : 3A DI STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: KILGORE (14-0) vs CARTHAGE (14-1)

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2013, 09:54 PM
State Championship game!

OldBison75
12-14-2013, 10:29 PM
This will be a battle royal for four quarter. Two very good teams. I take Carthage in this game for one reason only--they have been in the big game against top quality opponents and know what it takes to win. Carthage by 7.

WOS87
12-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Hmmmmm.... Kilgore is 10-1 against Carthage dating back to 1995. I'm pulling for Carthage solely for the selfish reason that WO-S has played them closer than any other 3A team this season and would like to keep it that way lol

Good luck to both teams in all seriousness and hope there are no injuries

Rocket Man
12-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Kilgore

hollywood
12-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Kilgore

I'll be cheering on the 'Ragin Red' next Friday!

Dawgs
12-15-2013, 04:10 AM
I'll start off first by saying, "Think of all the oilfield trash that is about to desend on Jerry World". BTW I can say this cause I have proudly worked in the Oil & Gas Industry for my entire adult life, and part of my childhood. Both teams have made there communities proud, and have represented East Texas when we needed it most. Last year for the first time in 10 years ETX didn't bring home a state championship. Alot of us didn't know how to feel. I think Carthage and Kilgore both felt like they could have done more in the semi-finals last year. Honestly I truly believe that both teams were a couple of fumbles away from playing this game 2 years in a row. Both teams have played top notch 3a competition, and won convincingly. Kilgore has played Gilmer, CH twice, and know just put a shellacking on Ville. Carthage also played CH, Navasota, WOS, and put a shellacking on La Grange. So both teams have beat top 10 3a competition. I will say Kilgore's wins over Gilmer and Ville, are slightly more impressive than Carthage beating Sota, WOS, and LG. On this site since 70% of posters bow down to the almighty Ville, I am sure most people will think Kilgore is a favorite to win it...I don't see that. If you go back and really take a look at the Ville schedule they got shelled by the only 2 top tier teams they played all season. Granted Aledo is not a good measuring stick, but the fact still remains. I think this game has the makings to be a all time classic, and definitely will go down in East Texas folk lore for many years to come. Kilgore nor Carthage has been matched evenly in the trenches in these playoffs like they will be on Friday. You got to say both teams have top 5 O-lines, and I truly believe that Carthage has the best O-Line in the state. Both have BALLERS on the D-Line, with the edge probably going to Kilgore based on size. So IMO line of scrimmage is a wash. Both have athletes at the skill positions. I am a homer, and have only seen Kilgore play once this season, so IMO opinion the edge goes to Carthage. Nobody in the state has a better set of WR than Carthage. Those 2 kids look like TO and Randy Moss lined up against 3a competition. Kilgore has the edge at tailback. Those 2 kids are straight up BEAST! Wow is all you can say. Even though Carthage has a all state caliber RB, its just hard to go aginst Kilgore in that position. I think with everything being so evenly matched there are 2 things that will set Carthage apart. 1st: Blake Bogenschutz. Kid is so smart, and throws lasers around the field. It is going to be fun watching him indoors. I am calling it right now: Surratt puts it on Bogie and the WR backs indoors at Jerrys World. I look for Bogie to throw for at least 5 TD. 2nd: Scott Surratt. Took a Carthage program from middle of the road, 1 or 2 round deep type of team with good athletes, to an absolute DYNASTY. As bad as everybody wants to admit it, and they don't that is what Carthage is. Best coach in the state IMHO, and I don't think its close. Look at the QB's he has molded. Ryan Mallet, Si Darius Blackshire, Anthony Morgan, and now Blake Bogenschutz. He takes teams from mediocre, to Champions in 16 weeks. Guy is awesome. Never seen anything like it. Kids are playing way over there head every year. I won't predict a score, but I will predict Carthage claims there 4th State Championship next Friday. I think since Carthage is considered as western Louisiana, we don't get our due. On the other site couple of weeks ago people were talking about Powerhouse teams in ETX. I don't think one poster mentioned Carthage. Gilmer, Tatum, Longview, Kilgore, Daingerfield. Fact is Carthage is a step above all these programs. Thats not being a homer, thats looking at facts. If people don't want to root for us, fine, if we are not the heros that Gilmer, Ville, and Argyle are, fine. We keep winning ball games, and keep on claiming state titles. As long as Scott Surratt is in Carthage we will be a force every year. I am proud to be associated with this program and this team. No matter what happens Friday, we fans are the winners. We will be proud of our boys, and the tradition will continue. I will not get into a smack talking type thread this week, cause the game is too close. Whoever wants it more. I am not too sure Carthage can stop Kilgore rushing attack, and I don't think Kilgore can stop Carthage passing attack. Like me and my man C&C said, there is not one thing somebody could say that wold convince me any 3a team in the state could beat Carthage. I am sure Kilgore posters feel the same way. Not much debate the way I see it. May the best team win! The real winners are people form both communities, and East Texas as a whole. Sorry for the long winded post, it just started flowing!

oldtownag
12-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Carthage is going to be tough to beat. Kilgore better be ready.

Aggie98
12-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Carthage is going to be tough to beat. Kilgore better be ready.

We ready, we ready, we ready...

For y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

oldtownag
12-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Bring it......

BB BULLS
12-15-2013, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgs;1795427]On this site since 70% of posters bow down to the almighty Ville, I am sure most people will think Kilgore is a favorite to win it...I don't see that.

well I am one of the 30%. gotta go with the C-Dawgs. everyone knew that S-Ville had problems on def side of the ball and Carthage does not. just don't think Kilgore back's will break tackles like they did against the almighty Ville

Bullaholic
12-15-2013, 09:48 AM
The DI SC game is going to a bunch of mostly East Texas Dogs...:D Now having stated the obvious pun---let me say this on serious note---I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Carthage or Kilgore play, but I have heard and read about the games they have won, and the accounts of the trail of the vanquished teams they have left behind on their way to this SC game. The quality that strikes me most for both of these teams is toughness----yes, toughness---that quality that every team likes to claim over every other on their way to a SC, which may, or may not, surface on the field. Make no mistake folks---these are two TOUGH football teams who don't just get by opponents---they BEAT them in nearly every phase of the game. Everyone likes to use terms like "Slobberknocker", "Smashmouth", and "Junkyard Dog Mean" to describe games played by teams like these two--and I think this SC contest will be inclusive of all of those terms, and then some. I don't know enough to pick a winner---I think the big winner is going to be we, the fans, who get to watch this one.

slingshot
12-15-2013, 11:59 AM
KilgoreThis...

HEMOTOXIC
12-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Give me the Bulldogs in a close one.:taunt:

buckeyebob
12-15-2013, 12:09 PM
The DI SC game is going to a bunch of mostly East Texas Dogs...:D Now having stated the obvious pun---let me say this on serious note---I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Carthage or Kilgore play, but I have heard and read about the games they have won, and the accounts of the trail of the vanquished teams they have left behind on their way to this SC game. The quality that strikes me most for both of these teams is toughness----yes, toughness---that quality that every team likes to claim over every other on their way to a SC, which may, or may not, surface on the field. Make no mistake folks---these are two TOUGH football teams who don't just get by opponents---they BEAT them in nearly every phase of the game. Everyone likes to use terms like "Slobberknocker", "Smashmouth", and "Junkyard Dog Mean" to describe games played by teams like these two--and I think this SC contest will be inclusive of all of those terms, and then some. I don't know enough to pick a winner---I think the big winner is going to be we, the fans, who get to watch this one.

Don't forget...Carthrage is a former member of the District of Doom, banished by the UIL because they played too rough...been two years since we faced 'em but I will say...neither team is pretty like the Buckeyes...this should be an epic game...I will have to give the Bulldogs the thumbs up...sic 'em

oldtownag
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't forget...Carthrage is a former member of the District of Doom, banished by the UIL because they played too rough...been two years since we faced 'em but I will say...neither team is pretty like the Buckeyes...this should be an epic game...I will have to give the Bulldogs the thumbs up...sic 'em

I think he is picking Carthage. However, you can't really be sure.

cowboyandchrist
12-15-2013, 01:01 PM

You have just posted the best post about this game and the two teams, no one could of explained it any better. No smack talk this week, its going to be one heck of a ball game. I am hoping for a win by my C Dawgs. East Texas homers like my self would like to say thank you to the posters on 3A this year. We have had some good conversations and no one beat me up to bad this year ha ha . To the Ville posters it was big time fun with you people, maybe next year the Dawgs and Ville can try it again. In the end there were only two, this year is the year of the Dawgs. Which Dawgs will be determined next Friday. God Bless and pray no injuries.

regaleagle
12-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Wow.....I didn't even think about it til now. But we have the Bulldogs vs Bulldogs in one matchup, and Eagles vs Eagles in the other. That's probably a first there, for any classification.

Snotbubbles
12-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Should be a good one. Kilgore wins,

45-24.

Just something about a team that manhandled a Stephenville team, the way they did.

Sville
12-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I haven't seen Carthage play so I can't comment on how good they are or what match ups favor which team. But Kilgore had the best secondary we faced all year IMO. We could not get any separation in the passing game. The only success we had was in the running game and that was inconsistent. Kilgore has one of those teams that can frustrate you defensively. They just get 4 or 5 yards nearly every play then one mistake and they are 30 or 40 yards down the field. They are solid in all phases. It should be a great state championship.

Smitty
12-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Kilgore was by far the better team yesterday CONGRATS! I'm gonna stay with the Ragin Red for the Championship, Take it home Kilgore you deserve it!

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Which Dogs will chase the other one under the porch? Your guess is as good as mine. Should be an outstanding game! Can't wait to see it!

gameface
12-15-2013, 07:53 PM
My wise dad always told me: if you can't run with the big dawgs, you better keep ass under the porch! So, you dawgs fight it out to see who the Alpha Dawg is gonna be!? I'll be watching this dawg fight from my den!!Good luck to both of y'all- good earn & may the best team win!

cowboyandchrist
12-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Should be a good one. Kilgore wins,

45-24.

Just something about a team that manhandled a Stephenville team, the way they did.
Holding the C Dawgs to 24 points will not happen, this is not the Ville playing, this is a vet team with 10 three year starters, the best O line in the state, two of the best wide receivers in the state and a Q/B that has thrown for more than 50 touch downs this year and nearly 9000 yards in his high school career, add in a tail back with over 5000 yards. Will it be enough to beat the K Dawgs, I do not know, but holding the C Dawgs to 24 points will not happen.

Snotbubbles
12-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Holding the C Dawgs to 24 points will not happen, this is not the Ville playing, this is a vet team with 10 three year starters, the best O line in the state, two of the best wide receivers in the state and a Q/B that has thrown for more than 50 touch downs this year and nearly 9000 yards in his high school career, add in a tail back with over 5000 yards. Will it be enough to beat the K Dawgs, I do not know, but holding the C Dawgs to 24 points will not happen.

O, ok. Ummmm, 45-28?

cowboyandchrist
12-15-2013, 09:00 PM
O, ok. Ummmm, 45-28?

I can tell by your name that you or someone you know must have played the C Dawgs in the past and you got hit so hard the result was snotbubbles. Sorry I could not resist ha ha . All in fun on here.
I don't know if the C Dawgs will win this game, but I believe they can, the C Dawg fans believe they can, the C Dawgs believe they can, and the coaches believe they can. God Bless and pray no injuries.

regaleagle
12-16-2013, 03:21 AM
I know General Patton would take the Carthegenians over those Kilgorites. He was a big history buff on battlefields and strategy. I think Coach Surratt is probably one of those Patton types.....he'll prepare a special strategy for the Kilgorites when they meet on that A T & T battlefield.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 04:53 AM
I know General Patton would take the Carthegenians over those Kilgorites. He was a big history buff on battlefields and strategy. I think Coach Surratt is probably one of those Patton types.....he'll prepare a special strategy for the Kilgorites when they meet on that A T & T battlefield.

+100. With 2 teams, so evenly matched give me Surratt & Co. Of course I am a homer, but I think Surratt will out coach Wood. Not at all a knock on Wood, but Surratt is just that good.

adoptedbuckeye
12-16-2013, 07:32 AM
+100. With 2 teams, so evenly matched give me Surratt & Co. Of course I am a homer, but I think Surratt will out coach Wood. Not at all a knock on Wood, but Surratt is just that good.

Kilgore lines up and everyone knows what they are going to do but nobody has stopped them yet. You have to get them into 3rd and longs to disrupt the plan because those backs go down hard fought and always fall forward. Carthage coaches need to prepare the defense for a war.

buckeyebob
12-16-2013, 08:14 AM

Tatum?

You willhave two teams in 4A for the next two years...hopefilly, we will get to punish one of 'em

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 08:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojlifySDwNQ

We are going to be hard to stop. This offense is very polished. Most of our playmakers will be starting in there 43rd varsity game. This one is going to be good.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 08:31 AM
Kilgore lines up and everyone knows what they are going to do but nobody has stopped them yet. You have to get them into 3rd and longs to disrupt the plan because those backs go down hard fought and always fall forward. Carthage coaches need to prepare the defense for a war.

+1. You are 100% correct. We have to prepare for a war, cause that it is exactly what it's going to be.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 08:40 AM
This game looks like it oughta be a good one, and kinda tough to call. I've kinda underestimated Carthage all season, but all they've done is continue to win. I'm pretty sure nobody in Kilgore is underestimating Carthage. If they are they will be disappointed.

Who knew that when these two teams had their first scrimmage against each other in mid-August that they would both end up playing for a state title?

I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs in this one...........wait.
I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs in red...........wait.
I'll be pulling for the team from East Texas in this one..........wait.

Crap! I guess I'll just say I'm pulling for my fellow District of Doom brethren in this one. Go Kilgore!

lostaussie
12-16-2013, 08:51 AM
I would think there is a distinct possibility................that these 2 teams could actually be in the same district next year. The new DOD.............good. We don't want it anymore. I would like to have both of these on the pre district schedule though. I hope thats getting worked out!!!

waterboy
12-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I agree. Gilmer will NEED a tough predistrict schedule to toughen 'em up for a playoff run, because you know district play will be nothing compared to what it's been for the last four seasons. I'd like to see at least one of these, maybe both, on our preseason schedule, along with Argyle. I would love to have Argyle on our schedule, at a neutral site, or even a home and away.

jason
12-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Stephenville will probably have trouble finding games again. Maybe a week 2 or 3 matchup vs gilmer in dallas somewhere!!

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 09:05 AM
This game looks like it oughta be a good one, and kinda tough to call. I've kinda underestimated Carthage all season, but all they've done is continue to win. I'm pretty sure nobody in Kilgore is underestimating Carthage. If they are they will be disappointed.

Who knew that when these two teams had their first scrimmage against each other in mid-August that they would both end up playing for a state title?

I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs in this one...........wait.
I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs in red...........wait.
I'll be pulling for the team from East Texas in this one..........wait.

Crap! I guess I'll just say I'm pulling for my fellow District of Doom brethren in this one. Go Kilgore!

No hard feelings, only right you pull for your district champions. And also no worries about underestimating Carthage either. Heck we been getting underestimated for the last 6 seasons. But we also are going to our 4th Championship in that same span. To be perfectly honest I root just a little against the Buckeyes from time to time. I think the main reason is you guys are the 3a darlings while Carthage is usaully left being looked over even though over the past 6 or 7 seasons we have been the top program in East Texas hands down. Its ok though, look on the bright side East Texas will definitely bring one of the 3a Trophys back where it belongs. If one team wins it might get a little closer to Louisiana than most would want. Thankfully the Shreveport news always shows love to the Bulldogs. I can't wait for Friday.

adoptedbuckeye
12-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Stephenville will probably have trouble finding games again. Maybe a week 2 or 3 matchup vs gilmer in dallas somewhere!!

That would be awesome. We need a reality check early on!

adoptedbuckeye
12-16-2013, 09:28 AM
No hard feelings, only right you pull for your district champions. And also no worries about underestimating Carthage either. Heck we been getting underestimated for the last 6 seasons. But we also are going to our 4th Championship in that same span. To be perfectly honest I root just a little against the Buckeyes from time to time. I think the main reason is you guys are the 3a darlings while Carthage is usaully left being looked over even though over the past 6 or 7 seasons we have been the top program in East Texas hands down. Its ok though, look on the bright side East Texas will definitely bring one of the 3a Trophys back where it belongs. If one team wins it might get a little closer to Louisiana than most would want. Thankfully the Shreveport news always shows love to the Bulldogs. I can't wait for Friday.

I'm pulling for Carthage because I like what they do. I'm not a fan of Kilgore's style even though they do it so well. Oh well, enough people pulling for Kilgore without me lol.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 09:35 AM
http://etsn.fm/breaking-down-the-history-of-the-carthage-vs-kilgore-football-rivalry/

Long history between these 2 programs, and alot of respect regardless of what the punks on Smoaky say. I swear 75% of the posters over there are completly clueless. Thank goodness for 3ADL. All of us over here have our moments of homerism, and tend to put our foot in our mouth from time to time, but it is crazy reading some of the garbage they post. I like how at the beginning of the article it touches on both teams "disdain" for Henderson. This is going to be something both programs can remeber for a long time. Hopefully Carthage gets one game closer to evening the series :-). I would love to see a good game that came down to the last play, and both teams play like the champions they are.

lostaussie
12-16-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm pulling for Carthage because I like what they do. I'm not a fan of Kilgore's style even though they do it so well. Oh well, enough people pulling for Kilgore without me lol.I'm pulling for Carthrage also............cause thats what my pocketbook told me to do:D

waterboy
12-16-2013, 09:39 AM

Now you know I would be rooting for Carthage against anybody else, except my Buckeyes of course. Kilgore is our D of D brethren, just like y'all were for two years. I back our district brethren no matter what. The heirarchy is my team, my district brethren, East Texas, and so on, in that order.

Either way, East Texas brings home another championship. That makes it extra sweet!

lostaussie
12-16-2013, 09:41 AM
sorry for the double post

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm pulling for Carthage because I like what they do. I'm not a fan of Kilgore's style even though they do it so well. Oh well, enough people pulling for Kilgore without me lol.

Good...It is always good to have a little Buckeye mojo in our favor. No question there is a mystique about Gilmer you just can't quite put your finger on.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Now you know I would be rooting for Carthage against anybody else, except my Buckeyes of course. Kilgore is our D of D brethren, just like y'all were for two years. I back our district brethren no matter what. The heirarchy is my team, my district brethren, East Texas, and so on, in that order.

Either way, East Texas brings home another championship. That makes it extra sweet!

I know exactly what you are saying. We do the same for the Buckeyes, except maybe when you guys go all Hollywood on us! I know the feeling though, its hard not to be a full blown homer when you are so used to your team not losing. I know I have said this a couple of times for my buddy C&C (partially cause he got hammered so hard last year after our lose to El Campo), but I will say it again.There is not one thing somebody could tell me right now that would make me believe Carthage would not beat any 3a team in the state Friday at 2pm. If that ain't a homer I don't know what is. Honestly I would have liked nothing more than the Buckeyes to be playing after the Battle of the Bulldogs, and I have no doubt they will be playing in December again next year.

JBizzle
12-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Why do people keep saying nobody has stopped Kilgore? 3 weeks ago they beat Kaufman 21-14...I know they had 300 yds rushing, but they only scored 21...and 7 came in a punt return...I don't care how many yards you get, 21 points ain't much...Kaufman a good defensive team?

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 10:31 AM
As per LSG: Tee Goree needs 10 yards to reach 1698 for the season, and that would put him #1 in the state of Texas this year. Blake Bogenshutz needs 27 yards to give him 3831 yards on the season that would move him to 3rd on the passing list. Ahead of him are Mahomes & Quintanilla. The stats they got on their are from 2 weeks ago, so no telling how many passing yards Quintanilla has now. He had 4678 as of then. Wow. I know the game is not played for individual stats, but that is pretty impressive. Goree also has I think 28 TDs. Pretty impressive numbers.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Impressive indeed! It seems like those same Carthage kids have been playing varsity football since the late '00s. There's definitely no lack of experience there.

stxfootball
12-16-2013, 10:39 AM
I take Kilgore by 7

bansheefan03
12-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Why do people keep saying nobody has stopped Kilgore? 3 weeks ago they beat Kaufman 21-14...I know they had 300 yds rushing, but they only scored 21...and 7 came in a punt return...I don't care how many yards you get, 21 points ain't much...Kaufman a good defensive team?
They say it don't count cause Kaufman played above there ability lol

toddg
12-16-2013, 10:42 AM
I agree. Gilmer will NEED a tough predistrict schedule to toughen 'em up for a playoff run, because you know district play will be nothing compared to what it's been for the last four seasons. I'd like to see at least one of these, maybe both, on our preseason schedule, along with Argyle. I would love to have Argyle on our schedule, at a neutral site, or even a home and away.
0-3 to start the season? that aint cool..LOL!

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Impressive indeed! It seems like those same Carthage kids have been playing varsity football since the late '00s. There's definitely no lack of experience there.

LOL, I know right. I know Carthage has been able to reload the last several years, but it is going to be interesting to see how the team looks next season. Pretty much have to replace everybody on offense. I think we might have one starter returning. Defense probably only returns 2 or 3. I can't remeber in recent years having this few starters coming back. I am thinking it will be a season like 2011, but I guess we will see. One good thing is we are not running out of athletes in Carthage anytime soon.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 10:47 AM
0-3 to start the season? that aint cool..LOL!

No way that would happen! The chances would be better to be 3-0 than 0-3. It don't matter anyway, 'cause it won't happen. It would definitely test us, and it would be a gauntlet! How about we play Alvarado? There's a sure win!:D

Aggie98
12-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Man, this one is going to be fun to watch. I was at the scrimmage in August and I remember thinking that it didn't look like two 3A teams out there..... more like big 4A. Lots of interesting matchups in this one.... Carthage's big offensive line against Kilgore's big defensive line, Carthage receivers vs Kilgore secondary, Kilgore running game vs Carthage front 7. It's going to be an all out war for 48 minutes.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Man, this one is going to be fun to watch. I was at the scrimmage in August and I remember thinking that it didn't look like two 3A teams out there..... more like big 4A. Lots of interesting matchups in this one.... Carthage's big offensive line against Kilgore's big defensive line, Carthage receivers vs Kilgore secondary, Kilgore running game vs Carthage front 7. It's going to be an all out war for 48 minutes.

....And may the best pack of Dogs win!

adoptedbuckeye
12-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Kilgore is still undefeated. No team has figured out how to beat them yet. That's what I meant.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 11:13 AM
It is a free forum, but please keep all that talk on Smoaky. Kaufman probably did play way over there head. I mean obviously if Mexia beat them. It is about like Kilgore taking shots at Carthage about the Whitehouse game. That was a full season ago. What I have done is take the most impressive wins of the season for each team and compare. Carthage: WOS, Navasota, and LG. Kilgore: CH in the playoffs, Gilmer, and Ville. All of these have been recent games, and all are impressive wins for both teams. What it tells me is it is almost too close to call. It's about matchups. Kilgore will be the best team Carthage has played all season, and Carthage will be the best team Kilgore has played all season. ITS JERRY WORLD! Myself, I will take the Bulldogs. I think Carthage can get a few timely stops, and I think that our offense is hands down the best in the state. We for 100% could have set whatever 3a scoring record we wanted to this season. I am honestly not sure we couldn't have scored more points than Aledo this season. For sure we could have put more than 70 on Center, Mexia, Huntington, Dibol, and Silsbee. I am not too sure we wouldn't have put 100 on all of them. But we score 50 in the first, and zero in second. BTW all those teams are terrible, I know. It just happens like that. We have no control over who we play in district. My point is that because of the weak competition we have to pull back most games, so I don't think people fully understand how good we are offensively. I don't care how good Kilgore is defensively, this is the best offense we have ever had at Carthage. Wow, I can't believe I just said that! Ok, maybe I should say most complete. If Kilgore stops us I will have my crow. Period. And you notice I didn't say we would shut down Kilgore's offense. I just think we can get a few stops, and I think we will score 40. I don't think Kilgore can score 40 against Carthage with the type of offense they have. Unless they are just way, way, and I mean WAYYY over LG, Sota, & LG at running the ball. Some of those teams had a little success, but nothing sustainable. That is why I beleive we can make some stops on Kilgore. I have no reason to believe Kilgore can stop Carthage. They stopped Ville, but some of that had to do with Ville highly recruited QB being hobbled. I was personally at the Kilgore game, and to be perfectly honest I was rooting for Kilgore because some of the Gilmer posters we being so outlandish with some of the stuff they were posting. Now Gilmer and Carthage's offense are nothing alike, but Kilgore could not stop Gilmer from moving the ball. They made them turn the ball over, and wore them down, but they did not stop Gilmer. But that tells me that you can have success against Kilgore offensively. Dang I been long winded this week, I am all riled up for Friday.

Snotbubbles
12-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Carthage has represented 3A very well over the years. I was able to witness a couple of those state titles in person. Very impressive.

K'Dog's 45-24 or 28.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 11:14 AM

+1. You said it all in that short post. I need to learn how to get to the point that quick.

adoptedbuckeye
12-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Haha, I know how you feel Dawgs! I like your assessment because Kilgore IS a beatable team. But so much of their game plan rests on momentum building and if you slow it down on the good side of the 50 then you have a good shot. Force them out of their comfort zone and don't play into their hand.

toddg
12-16-2013, 11:20 AM
No way that would happen! The chances would be better to be 3-0 than 0-3. It don't matter anyway, 'cause it won't happen. It would definitely test us, and it would be a gauntlet! How about we play Alvarado? There's a sure win!:D
LOL!! better watch out for dem Indians!!

Aggie98
12-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I really like Kilgore's chances in this one based on the matchups. Based on my own observances and what my buddies from Carthage have been telling me all season, Carthage's only real so-called "weakness" is the size of their front 7. And if you look at what a couple of power run teams have done to them.... Cuney from Jasper rushed for 260 and probably could have gotten a lot more if they would have kept giving it to him, and La Grange rushed for 280 (season avg) and 7 yds/carry. I think Kilgore's rushing attack is on a different level than either of those two teams and I think we will score quite a few points in this game (and burn a lot of clock).

The big question is can we stop their offense.... because it's arguably the best offense in the state. We have had some success against great offenses this year holding Gilmer to 29, Chapel Hill to 25 and 19, and Stephenville to 6. We wil have to do it with the same formula we've used all year...

1. Limiting their offensive possessions
2. Stopping the run
3. Outstanding kickoff coverage that forces them to go 80+ yards on every drive
4. Pressure with the front 4. Doesn't have to be sacks, but pressure in his face to make him have to throw over people. Don't allow him to step up in the pocket.
5. Confuse the QB with coverages, i.e. a mix of man/zone

I have no grand illusions of shutting Carthage down, just hope we can hold them to fewer points than us.

Dawgs
12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
I really like Kilgore's chances in this one based on the matchups. Based on my own observances and what my buddies from Carthage have been telling me all season, Carthage's only real so-called "weakness" is the size of their front 7. And if you look at what a couple of power run teams have done to them.... Cuney from Jasper rushed for 260 and probably could have gotten a lot more if they would have kept giving it to him, and La Grange rushed for 280 (season avg) and 7 yds/carry. I think Kilgore's rushing attack is on a different level than either of those two teams and I think we will score quite a few points in this game (and burn a lot of clock).

The big question is can we stop their offense.... because it's arguably the best offense in the state. We have had some success against great offenses this year holding Gilmer to 29, Chapel Hill to 25 and 19, and Stephenville to 6. We wil have to do it with the same formula we've used all year...

2. Stopping the run
4. Pressure with the front 4. Doesn't have to be sacks, but pressure in his face to make him have to throw over people. Don't allow him to step up in the pocket.

I have no grand illusions of shutting Carthage down, just hope we can hold them to fewer points than us.

I think this is a good assesment. I will give you a couple of things to think about. This is from the ETSN article: "Carthage held La Grange (13-1) to 165 rushing yards in the game’s first 39 1/2 minutes before freshman J.K. Dobbins got loose twice for 109 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown with 7:47 to play that trimmed Carthage’s lead to 44-22." Not an excuse, cause the kid busted a couple of long runs. The 64 yarder was on a end around from the WR position. Just gives more of the story. Terrance Cuney from Jasper is a beast! No excuses. I don't think they went away from the run, I think Carthage stepped up on offense, and put them away scoring 26 unanswered. You can't run the ball on every play down 3 scores. Again not an excuse but 91 yards of the 261 came on 1 play. Other than that I won't say Carthage by any means stopped him but I think we limited him as needed. They only scored 26 points in the end, and 7 of those came with about 4 minutes on the clock after the game was out of reach. Remember this kid also slashed WOS, which has to be atleast considered a top 10 defense in the state. This is one of the games that helped our front 7 grow up this year. I say thanks to Jasper for that. I won't disagree with you about Kilgore being on another level than Jasper & LG. But after you put things in prespective, Kilgore better be on another planet (and I am not saying they aren't) than those 2 teams, cause neither could muster more than 26 points. I like the formula you have put forth to beat Carthage. If Kilgore is able to do all 5 of those things they will be hoisting the trophy Friday, and I will be here to congratulate all the posters. I believe Kilgore is good enough to do the first 3, but I do not believe they can do the last 2. This is where we have the advantage. I truly believe Carthage is going to air it out, and I don't think there is much Kilgore can do about it. I do believe Kilgore will have success running the ball, I just hope for a couple of stops. Look I might be way off, and you guys might beat us as bad as you beat Ville, but I just don't think these players will be denied. Tee Goree, Okerrion Rutherford, and Tevin Pipkin are gamers. Watch the film I posted, and just watch how they play with so much enthusiasm. Look at them fired up all the time, pumping each other up. These are selfless players who do not care who gets the glory, as long as the team as a whole has the glory. They have been fun to watch no matter what happens. I have no doubt Kilgore players are the same way. Man, this is a fun game!

waterboy
12-16-2013, 02:04 PM

I'll go out on a limb here, and say IF Kilgore holds Carthage to fewer points, y'all win!:D

Just kidding with ya...

I think you hit the nail on the head. These two teams will try and impose their will on each other. If Kilgore's defense can continually keep the Carthage offense frustrated like they did Stephenville, Kilgore wins. If Carthage can't keep Kilgore's offense from imposing its will, Kilgore wins. The opposite is true, too.

May the best pack of Dogs win!

oldtownag
12-16-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't know how this game will play out but I do know one thing.

Carthage will pass on the first play of their first possession.

Bullaholic
12-16-2013, 02:38 PM

Carthage runs the Josh Hamilton offense??? :D

cowboyandchrist
12-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Tatum?

You willhave two teams in 4A for the next two years...hopefilly, we will get to punish one of 'em

You Gilmer people know good and well the Buckeys have had there way with Tatum. They will be very good next year, but good enough to beat the Buckeys, I doubt it. The C Dawgs on the other hand is a different story. I hope they both do well. I always pull for the Buckeyes unless they play the Dawgs or Eagles.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 03:11 PM
You Gilmer people know good and well the Buckeys have had there way with Tatum. They will be very good next year, but good enough to beat the Buckeys, I doubt it. The C Dawgs on the other hand is a different story. I hope they both do well. I always pull for the Buckeyes unless they play the Dawgs or Eagles.

I'm hoping for a predistrict matchup with Carthage. That would be one heck of a matchup, and would be a good test for both.

Aggie98
12-16-2013, 03:25 PM
I've always believed that 2 characteristics that almost all championship caliber teams have in common is a dominant offensive line and a great defense. If you look at the 4 teams remaining in 3A.... Argyle, Kilgore, Carthage, and Fairfield, they all have both.

cowboyandchrist
12-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm hoping for a predistrict matchup with Carthage. That would be one heck of a matchup, and would be a good test for both.

The Tatum Eagles should be very good in DII next year. This is the team everyone in Tatum has been waiting for. They have everything in place to compare them to the 2005 team. They will be very fast, big every where from the O line, D line, line backers, and secondary. This sophomore class moving up along with this years Jr. class moving up has been a long time coming. Just have to wait and see how they play together, the talent will be there and Coach Evans is a great man and great coach, but you never know if you have a team or it is all about me in the players. Time will tell.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 04:21 PM
The Tatum Eagles should be very good in DII next year. This is the team everyone in Tatum has been waiting for. They have everything in place to compare them to the 2005 team. They will be very fast, big every where from the O line, D line, line backers, and secondary. This sophomore class moving up along with this years Jr. class moving up has been a long time coming. Just have to wait and see how they play together, the talent will be there and Coach Evans is a great man and great coach, but you never know if you have a team or it is all about me in the players. Time will tell.

They always have great athletes. I expect them to be able to compete very well in the new 4A D2. On occasion they can even beat Gilmer. I don't expect them to be able to next year, though, because we have quite a few players back. I doubt Tatum will be in our district next year, however. I expect them to be put in a district going south instead of north.

kdog00
12-16-2013, 05:22 PM

You see I guess you could say Kaufman stopped Kilgore....but, anyone who was there would tell you the football gods stopped Kilgore....when you have a team(Kaufman) converting 5-6 crazy 3rd and 4th and long plays/blocked punts/fumbles to continue a drive, then that kinda takes the ball away from Kilgore....so in other words...Kilgore was minus 5-6 offensive possessions to try and score more points.....we also fumbled inside the 10...and had a botched field goal.....not taking anything away from Kaufman...they played extremely hard, but I don't think I or anyone else has ever seen so much go 1 teams way and if it does you usually lose those games...but hey, its all part of the game....just hope it doesn't happen again

cowboyandchrist
12-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Here is something for the people picking Kilgore because of what the defense did to the Ville.
Kilgore defense has allowed 67 points in the playoffs, Carthage defense has allowed 62 points.
Kilgore has scored 229 and Carthage has scored 221.
It is just my opinion, but they look pretty dang even to me. Here is some more food for thought. The starters for Carthage on defense has only allowed 28 points in the playoffs.

hollywood
12-16-2013, 10:07 PM

2. Stopping the run

I'll go out on a limb here, and say IF Kilgore holds Carthage to fewer points, y'all win!:D

Just kidding with ya...

I think you hit the nail on the head. These two teams will try and impose their will on each other. If Kilgore's defense can continually keep the Carthage offense frustrated like they did Stephenville, Kilgore wins. If Carthage can't keep Kilgore's offense from imposing its will, Kilgore wins. The opposite is true, too.

May the best pack of Dogs win!

Throw that Stephenville offense comment out! That was NOT Stephenville's full offense. Kilgore saw about 50% of what Stephenville's offense is. Probably less if you really know what they are capable of with Stidham healthy. For the life of me, I cant figure out why they didn't just run the wildcat the entire second half with Williams! Kilgore had no answer. 5,7,10 yards a play! Stidham pulled his hamstring against Cooper in the second half and fortunately was ahead enough by then, they just milked the clock to get out of that game. You know better than that. If you don't, you haven't seen any film or watched Stephenville this year. Not guaranteeing a healthy Stidham would have changed the outcome, but anyone knows a healthy Stidham would have given Stephenville a much better chance.

kdog00
12-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Throw that Stephenville offense comment out! That was NOT Stephenville's full offense. Kilgore saw about 50% of what Stephenville's offense is. Probably less if you really know what they are capable of with Stidham healthy. For the life of me, I cant figure out why they didn't just run the wildcat the entire second half with Williams! Kilgore had no answer. 5,7,10 yards a play! Stidham pulled his hamstring against Cooper in the second half and fortunately was ahead enough by then, they just milked the clock to get out of that game. You know better than that. If you don't, you haven't seen any film or watched Stephenville this year. Not guaranteeing a healthy Stidham would have changed the outcome, but anyone knows a healthy Stidham would have given Stephenville a much better chance.

If Kilgore needed to stop that wildcat.. they could have.....we had a big lead and if Stephenville wanted to help run the clock...Kilgore was gonna let them.....Kilgore was protecting against the big plays....if Stephenville was gonna score they would of had to drive the field wasting clock....Ohhh Stidham didn't give up the 44pts either...ha....but, I will say that rb was very good for 14....he will be something special in the future

buckeyebob
12-17-2013, 09:39 AM

For an interception & runback, followed by an onside kick that is recovered & the BOMB thrown by Kilgore...14-0 Kilgore with 1 min off the clock...it only gets worse...long night for Carthrage & oldtownag.

buckeyebob
12-17-2013, 09:42 AM

Yep, Carthrage in preseason & Tudum in district & cowboyandchrist in coronary arrest...sorry, we will be gentle

oldtownag
12-17-2013, 09:58 AM
For an interception & runback, followed by an onside kick that is recovered & the BOMB thrown by Kilgore...14-0 Kilgore with 1 min off the clock...it only gets worse...long night for Carthrage & oldtownag.

You better get on board with the Carthage Bulldogs. You aren't a spring chicken any longer and it might be a while before the Buckeye's see another title!

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Ol' Buckeyebob...the biggest Carthage hater of them all. I really hope Gilmer can muster more than 1 win in basketball season this year. Don't worry I already touched on Gilmer in an earlier post, they are the 3a darlings, and everybody knows it. Good luck to Gilmer in the small 3a division. You guys will once again be the big dogs in East Texas. Even though we are within about 40 kids of each other. Carthage won't get a chance to beat the Buckeyes unless we meet we meet in the pre district. I guess we will continue to beat schools with 30% more kids, while you guys beat up on Spring Hill and Tatum.

waterboy
12-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Ol' Buckeyebob...the biggest Carthage hater of them all. I really hope Gilmer can muster more than 1 win in basketball season this year. Don't worry I already touched on Gilmer in an earlier post, they are the 3a darlings, and everybody knows it. Good luck to Gilmer in the small 3a division. You guys will once again be the big dogs in East Texas. Even though we are within about 40 kids of each other. Carthage won't get a chance to beat the Buckeyes unless we meet we meet in the pre district. I guess we will continue to beat schools with 30% more kids, while you guys beat up on Spring Hill and Tatum.

We beat Carthage the last time we played y'all. Work out a predistrict matchup, unless of course, y'all are skeared!:tongue: Gilmer has done quite well against bigger schools for the last decade plus. It'll be no different this year, except we will be the "big" school, instead of being the smaller school beating up on the bigger schools. We ain't skeared!

lostaussie
12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Ol' Buckeyebob...the biggest Carthage hater of them all. I really hope Gilmer can muster more than 1 win in basketball season this year. Don't worry I already touched on Gilmer in an earlier post, they are the 3a darlings, and everybody knows it. Good luck to Gilmer in the small 3a division. You guys will once again be the big dogs in East Texas. Even though we are within about 40 kids of each other. Carthage won't get a chance to beat the Buckeyes unless we meet we meet in the pre district. I guess we will continue to beat schools with 30% more kids, while you guys beat up on Spring Hill and Tatum.we already got 1 win in roundball. That's better than last year:D

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
We beat Carthage the last time we played y'all. Work out a predistrict matchup, unless of course, y'all are skeared!:tongue: Gilmer has done quite well against bigger schools for the last decade plus. It'll be no different this year, except we will be the "big" school, instead of being the smaller school beating up on the bigger schools. We ain't skeared!

Nobody said y'all was skeared. Carthage is up 2-1 in the last 3. You guys beat up on some sophomores in 2011. Remember at the end of the season when y'all got DOMINATED by Argyle? Well the week before a group of sophomores that are now seniors playing in the Ship took Argyle to 2 OTs. I don't want to compare Carthage and Gilmer, cause both are good programs. I was replying to Bob. Don't forget we are very close in enrollment, and we definitely ain't skeared! Carthage will beat Gilmer 7 out of 10 seasons. Tell Traylor let's schedule 10 games, and see if I ain't right!

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 11:43 AM

we already got 1 win in roundball. That's better than last year:D

Haha...Good! Carthage will be lucky to win 1.

STUDMYSTRO
12-17-2013, 11:47 AM
This will be a great matchup! I will admit that I have not seen Carthage play, but have read alot about them. After watching Kilgore execute the way they did last week against my beloved Yellow Jackets, I do not see Carthage being able to keep up. Kilgore is the best at what they do...hands down. I see them taking the hardware back to Kilgore this Friday night.

Kilgore gets the Win...35-17.

waterboy
12-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Nobody said y'all was skeared. Carthage is up 2-1 in the last 3. You guys beat up on some sophomores in 2011. Remember at the end of the season when y'all got DOMINATED by Argyle? Well the week before a group of sophomores that are now seniors playing in the Ship took Argyle to 2 OTs. I don't want to compare Carthage and Gilmer, cause both are good programs. I was replying to Bob. Don't forget we are very close in enrollment, and we definitely ain't skeared! Carthage will beat Gilmer 7 out of 10 seasons. Tell Traylor let's schedule 10 games, and see if I ain't right!

Maybe you should talk to Surratt and get it set up. Traylor tried last realignment, but it couldn't be worked out. I would love the opportunity to show y'all that if we had a series, we would DEFINITELY even it up quickly, and probably take the lead. Get it done, otherwise it's just talk. Do you remember what happened the year we lost to Argyle? We lost the heart and soul of our team that year, Luke Turner. We were NOT the same team afterward. Jordan Traylor did a good job, but the injury changed our team completely, and we never recovered. We still did good, though. Realistically speaking, I think if we were to play 10 games in successive years, we would win at LEAST 5 of them. Sporadic meetings don't tell the whole story. Time will.

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Maybe you should talk to Surratt and get it set up. Traylor tried last realignment, but it couldn't be worked out. I would love the opportunity to show y'all that if we had a series, we would DEFINITELY even it up quickly, and probably take the lead. Get it done, otherwise it's just talk. Do you remember what happened the year we lost to Argyle? We lost the heart and soul of our team that year, Luke Turner. We were NOT the same team afterward. Jordan Traylor did a good job, but the injury changed our team completely, and we never recovered. We still did good, though. Realistically speaking, I think if we were to play 10 games in successive years, we would win at LEAST 5 of them. Sporadic meetings don't tell the whole story. Time will.

+1...

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 12:13 PM
This will be a great matchup! I will admit that I have not seen Carthage play, but have read alot about them. After watching Kilgore execute the way they did last week against my beloved Yellow Jackets, I do not see Carthage being able to keep up. Kilgore is the best at what they do...hands down. I see them taking the hardware back to Kilgore this Friday night.

No way in the world Kilgore will hold Carthage to 17. Just not going to happen. I will not say Kilgore will not win, but you are way off sir. Carthage won't score under 35. I would bet my months salary on that. If they do I'll be the first to eat my crow. Also if they hold Carthage to 17, I would say they will have been the most dominant team in recent history.

hollywood
12-17-2013, 12:56 PM

STUDMYSTRO, a healthy Carthage will give Kilgore all they can handle. They have the OL/DL, very good QB, and big fast WR's. And they can run the ball. Balanced power offense. I'll be pulling for Kilgore but I think Carthage takes this game by 14. JMO

I'll be there to watch this dog fight. Expecting a great State Championship game. It will be loud!

toddg
12-17-2013, 04:11 PM
im a "solid defense, ground and pound offense" guy....Kilgore 37 Carthage 35....not a Carthage hater, just think Kilgore D gets that "stop" in the 4th.

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.ktbs.com/story/24235833/carthage-looks-to-end-championship-drought

Dawgs
12-17-2013, 07:01 PM

I think Traylor and Surratt have so much respect for each other. When you hear Surratt talk about Traylor it is always high praise. Even though us opposing fans dislike him :p. I was just trying to get some action brewing earlier. I think the reason maybe they didn't make it happen 2 years ago was because there was a chance of being in the same district. Hopefully we can set something up for the next 2 years. I hope we can get back in the same district 2 years after that. I would think Gilmer would move up in the next alignment.

hollywood
12-17-2013, 10:39 PM
You better get on board with the Carthage Bulldogs. You aren't a spring chicken any longer and it might be a while before the Buckeye's see another title!

No, but he knows how to blow 2 horns at the same time!! You know what they call that in East Texas don'y ya? :eek:

bearbear78
12-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Haven't seen Carthage but did watch highlights of Kilgore and ville...to beat the ville like that even wih JS not healthy says a lot...gotta pick Kilgore by 14

oldtownag
12-18-2013, 08:22 AM
No, but he knows how to blow 2 horns at the same time!! You know what they call that in East Texas don'y ya? :eek:

I give up?

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2013, 11:02 AM
I would think Gilmer would move up in the next alignment.

I doubt you are right, unless they LOWER the cutoff number considerably. One good thing about having voters who have made it clear they will say "Not no, but HELL, NO!" to any further improvements to the infrastructure of the Gilmer ISD is that it means our high school will very likely now gradually decline in enrollment. In a decade, I predict we will be as small a high school as Atlanta and Gladewater.

What could happen, though, is the UIL could RAISE the cutoff number enough to move Carthage down into Division II with us.

waterboy
12-18-2013, 11:13 AM
I take it you think that the bond issue should've passed, and you bought into the idea it was "for the kids". It wasn't about the kids, and it wasn't a "HELL, NO!" It didn't pass because the bond issue was overpriced, and wasn't very well though out. The voters learned after the last bond election that the school board was more interested in appearances than what was best for the district. There was money left over from that bond that the voters thought should've been spent otherwise, and judging by the price tag of this past bond, there would've been a whole lot of money left over, too. Trim the bond proposal down to a manageable amount, show exactly what it will be spent on, and show the responsibility and fortitude to TELL the voters EXACTLY where the money will go. Then make a proposal. I live in GISD, and pay taxes here, but I'm not going to just give money out irresponsibly.

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2013, 11:29 AM
You make my point, waterboy. There's not EVER going to be another bond issue pass.

It was not so much overpriced as it is that our voter base is "underfunded" to a more desperate degree than ever.

For instance, Cuero ISD (a considerably smaller school in terms of enrollment than Gilmer) just passed a $76 million bond issue because it's having a shale oil boom.
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2013/nov/05/cuero_bond_sl_110613_224192/

The middle class in most of this country is damn near extinct. People call themselves that out of pride, even if they no longer really are.

We also have a lot of people who have retired here because they couldn't afford to retire to pricier locales. They have no ties to our local schools. They don't want their taxes "frozen." They want them "melted" (as in "eliminated").

To me, it's good news that our enrollment is going to gradually go down. The only way this will ever be bad news is if the anti-public school forces in Texas ever get strong enough to DO AWAY with public schools entirely. Then we'll all be following TAPPS football, like it or not.

And you and I have hijacked the thread. I promise this is my last post on this. As for the game, I think Kilgore needs to keep from falling too far behind, being a running team. I don't think this will be a problem, though. I think Kilgore wins, though not by much.

waterboy
12-18-2013, 11:49 AM
"Ever" is a strong word, and I'll have to disagree with you on that. A bond issue will have to pass eventually, but it will have to be itemized and scrutinized for voter approval. And, being considered "middle-class" is definitely NOT what it used to be, for sure. That gap will continue to widen until we're ALL either rich, or serfs.

Snotbubbles
12-18-2013, 12:01 PM
And you and I have hijacked the thread.
I concur. Your out of the limelight this week. Let these two share in it. Plus, no one cares about new field pylons you will not be getting.

waterboy
12-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I concur. Your out of the limelight this week. Let these two share in it. Plus, no one cares about new field pylons you will not be getting.

True, and sorry about that! I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just had something to say, and said it, so it's done...

Kilgore and Carthage in a battle of 'Dogs! All we can do is "guess" at what might happen in this one, 'cause nobody really knows. These two teams are familiar with each other, and Kilgore has an advantage in the series, but you can throw that out the window in this one. This game will be decided on who controls the line of scrimmage. I know it's a cliche', but it's true. I think it will be a good matchup, and I'm looking forward to it.

speedbump
12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Kilgore will do a better job of slowing the Carthage passing game than Carthage will slowing the Kilgore running game. Kilgore by 10.

Bullaholic
12-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Kilgore will do a better job of slowing the Carthage passing game than Carthage will slowing the Kilgore running game. Kilgore by 10.

Probably very obvious to say, but I think the 1st Quarter will be very telling and will give us a very definite "feel" about this.

cowboyandchrist
12-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Probably very obvious to say, but I think the 1st Quarter will be very telling and will give us a very definite "feel" about this.

I do not believe Kilgore has anyone who can stay with 6"3 and 6"5 very, very fast receivers, I may be wrong, but we will soon find out.

Aggie98
12-18-2013, 08:54 PM
I do not believe Kilgore has anyone who can stay with 6"3 and 6"5 very, very fast receivers, I may be wrong, but we will soon find out.

It will be very tough to match up with those guys, no doubt. We will most likely put Shepherd on Rutherford... Shepherd is 6'1" and runs a 4.5. Foy will probably cover Goree... Foy is only 5'11" but runs a 4.38 and has a 39" vertical. Our FS, Tatum, is 6'2" and also a leaper. I would expect to see Colbert playing more snaps on defense in this one as well. He was a 1st Team All-State DB last year. He's not the biggest or the fastest, but he's got a sixth sense and unbelievable ball skills.

Aggie98
12-19-2013, 01:43 AM

Please stop the hammy whining. If we went with our backup QB in that game we still win 44-6.... because we have a great football team, not a mediocre team built around one great player.

the Ville 89
12-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Please stop the hammy whining. If we went with our backup QB in that game we still win 44-6.... because we have a great football team, not a mediocre team built around one great player.

I'm not saying you guys don't have a great team but I agree with Hollywood. A healthy Stidham and this is a different game. Our defense has feed off our offense momentum all year. So whether you agree or don't and whether your tired of hearing it or not but a 100% Stidham would have changed this game. Would it have changed the outcome possibly not but it would NOT have been 44-6.

Dawgs
12-19-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm not saying you guys don't have a great team but I agree with Hollywood. A healthy Stidham and this is a different game. Our defense has feed off our offense momentum all year. So whether you agree or don't and whether your tired of hearing it or not but a 100% Stidham would have changed this game. Would it have changed the outcome possibly not but it would NOT have been 44-6.

Ok Stidham makes u guys 3 scores better so let's just call the final score 44-27. Still not close for a state semi-final. You guys couldn't handle the big boys up front and it was obvious you couldn't handle the speed. I will catch some grief, but when I watched the Stidham highlights I couldn't believe how slow the guys were. Stidham not very fast IMO. I didn't see him break more than 2 or 3 runs that were impressive. And my God, the teams you guys were playing looked like they were standing still. The East Texas Speed argument is over like the Region 1 argument. East Texas has more speed. It is 100% obviously true.

As for the game, Carthage by 7, 42-35. I honestly just hope for an awese ball game to showcase to the rest if the state what ETX football is all about.

gameface
12-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Carthage by 21-air attack coming!! LOS & running game will have no effect! Strategy? Pressure QB & contain 2 primary receivers. Predict very high scoring game with massive passing yards posted! Good luck Dawgs of both east Texas teams!

Bullaholic
12-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Ok, here's my game prediction---whichever of these two teams is farthest East will win for the obvious reason often cited on the board....:D

adoptedbuckeye
12-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Ok, here's my game prediction---whichever of these two teams is farthest East will win for the obvious reason often cited on the board....:D

Carthage it is!

speedbump
12-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Carthage by 21-air attack coming!! LOS & running game will have no effect! Strategy? Pressure QB & contain 2 primary receivers. Predict very high scoring game with massive passing yards posted! Good luck Dawgs of both east Texas teams!

There won't be as many passing yards as you seem to think. Kigore is run,run, run and Carthage won't be playing against the LG secondary.

toddg
12-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Ok Stidham makes u guys 3 scores better so let's just call the final score 44-27. Still not close for a state semi-final. You guys couldn't handle the big boys up front and it was obvious you couldn't handle the speed. I will catch some grief, but when I watched the Stidham highlights I couldn't believe how slow the guys were. Stidham not very fast IMO. I didn't see him break more than 2 or 3 runs that were impressive. And my God, the teams you guys were playing looked like they were standing still. The East Texas Speed argument is over like the Region 1 argument. East Texas has more speed. It is 100% obviously true.

As for the game, Carthage by 7, 42-35. I honestly just hope for an awese ball game to showcase to the rest if the state what ETX football is all about.
Then why do the 4A and 5A teams suck so bad in east Texas?

hollywood
12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Stephenville doesn't "build" teams around 1 player! You have to play with what you got. Kilgore has a great team. So does Stephenville. Just so happened, depth in certain positions hurt Stephenville this playoff season. That's how the cookie crumbles.

I wish the Kilgore team the best tomorrow. Regardless, who wins, both teams have earned the right to compete for the State Championship. May the best team win.

j_dog
12-19-2013, 02:33 PM
....... Terrance Cuney from Jasper is a beast! No excuses. I don't think they went away from the run, I think Carthage stepped up on offense, and put them away scoring 26 unanswered. You can't run the ball on every play down 3 scores. Again not an excuse but 91 yards of the 261 came on 1 play. Other than that I won't say Carthage by any means stopped him but I think we limited him as needed. They only scored 26 points in the end, and 7 of those came with about 4 minutes on the clock after the game was out of reach. .....
Thank you for the nice words about Cuney. I think Kilgore fans are perhaps doing some wishful thinking if they imply that because Cuney ran for those yards; Kilgore will have an easy day. Yes, Carthage built a 3 TD lead which may have tended to Jasper using Cuney less. The same thing happened against Navasota last year. I don't think anyone will argue that Navasota did not have a beast of a defense last year. But Cuney still got 100 yards against them and I believe could have had many more if it had been a close game. But Jasper was so far behind it was pointless to keep giving him the ball. But that does not change the fact that he got the first down yardage when he was put in on critical third down plays when everyone in the stadium knew he would get the ball. Ditto for this year. In all "crucial" games this year he had over 200 yards. Carthage in district; and all three playoff games.

So go Carthage! I am pulling for you because you are in our district. Represent 20-3a well and bring home another state championship.

Dawgs
12-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Then why do the 4A and 5A teams suck so bad in east Texas?

I would say we have some pretty good programs in 4a and 5a. Longview, Lufkin, John Tyler. Whitehouse is an up and coming program. Tyler Lee will hopefully get back on track at some point. Texas High defintley has the athletes, but since Surratt left they have fallen off. I think alot of it has to do with coaching. Some of the other programs have not been fortunate to find the right guy. The athletes are definitely there. Plus in 4a and 5a you have to compete with the major cities in Texas. It makes it difficult for East Texas to compete. That is why we dominate in 1a thru 3a. I wouldn't say they "suck so bad" as you say. If Surratt or Traylor went to one of these bigger schools, ie Tyler Lee, John Tyler, Whitehouse I truly believe you are looking at state contenders every year. I do know that Surratt has no reason to leave. He is making big bucks, and has total control of a program with SEC like facilities. Anyway don't worry about 4a and 5a. This is 3ADL and East Texas is dominant.

db1980
12-19-2013, 06:07 PM
There won't be as many passing yards as you seem to think. Kigore is run,run, run and Carthage won't be playing against the LG secondary.

.....and Kilgore won't be running against stephenville's defense

venomous tat2
12-19-2013, 07:08 PM
This may not mean anything but, in odd number years starting with '07 the teams that beat Navasota has won the State Championship. ( 07 ) we lost to Liberty Hill State Champs, ( 08 ) we lost to
La Vega they lost the championship , ( 09 ) we lost to Gilmer they won State , ( 2010 ) we lost to Chappell Hill they lost state, ( 2011 ) lost to Chappell Hill again they won state, we won in 2012 ,and now it is 2013 and we lost to Carthage. If the trend holds up then Carthage wins state ????

speedbump
12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
.....and Kilgore won't be running against stephenville's defense

No - but they will be running.

oldtownag
12-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Its game day!

cowboyandchrist
12-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Well the game is about to happen and I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am pulling for my Dawgs, C DAWGS that is, but no matter who wins all of East Texas will be the big winner. Someone said on here why 4A and 5A in East Texas weren't very good. We have two very good teams in those classes in Longview and Lufkin that have a higher winning percentage than 90 percent in the state. State titles not so much because if you look, we don't have but three 5A schools in East Texas. We do have a lot of 3A schools. There are more 4A schools in one section of Dallas than all of East Texas. Today we will be represented by two of the best East Texas has to offer. The rest of the state own the 4A and 5A state championships, but for the last 15 years East Texas is what you have to go through to be the champ in 3A football. We are very proud of that. We have great coaches, great players and great fans in East Texas in all classes, but 2A and 3A lets us brag a little bit. The Daingerfields, Tatums, Gilmers, and Carthage have multiple titles that shines a light on East Texas. No matter who wins today we have one more year to brag on the 3A downlow. I would like to thank the Ville posters for making this year as much fun as Rocket did in 2010. I really thought for sure it would be the Ville and my Dawgs playing for the title, but Kilgore proved they were the best on that side of the bracket.
Todays game should be one heck of a slobber knocker. These two sets of Dawgs know each other about as well as anyone one could. They have been in the same district many times over the last 50 years. We were in the same district when I played back in seventies. Kilgore owns the record between the two, but today is for the state championship and it is a toss up. One team runs and plays great defense, the other is very balanced running and throwing with a great defense. I will take my Dawgs because of the 10 seniors that have started since they were sophmores. I believe the big stage will not phase them and they will help the whole team stay focused. May God Bless you all and Merry Christmas.

adoptedbuckeye
12-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Kilgore is nothing but a steady stream of cars getting on 20 headed out. Kilgore and Carthage people had the truck stop packed out earlier! Looks like there should be a good crowd at the game, good luck to both teams and everyone stay safe!

bobcat1
12-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Good luck and health to both teams today. Safe travels for all going to and from the games. May the best Dogs win today!

football crazy
12-20-2013, 10:10 AM
I would say we have some pretty good programs in 4a and 5a. Longview, Lufkin, John Tyler. Whitehouse is an up and coming program. Tyler Lee will hopefully get back on track at some point. Texas High defintley has the athletes, but since Surratt left they have fallen off. I think alot of it has to do with coaching. Some of the other programs have not been fortunate to find the right guy. The athletes are definitely there. Plus in 4a and 5a you have to compete with the major cities in Texas. It makes it difficult for East Texas to compete. That is why we dominate in 1a thru 3a. I wouldn't say they "suck so bad" as you say. If Surratt or Traylor went to one of these bigger schools, ie Tyler Lee, John Tyler, Whitehouse I truly believe you are looking at state contenders every year. I do know that Surratt has no reason to leave. He is making big bucks, and has total control of a program with SEC like facilities. Anyway don't worry about 4a and 5a. This is 3ADL and East Texas is dominant.

Wellington, Stamford, Cisco, and Cameron might want to challenge the statement about 1A-3A dominance

83Indian
12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
East Texas will rule once again this year in 3A Division I. The rest of the state will be gunning for you next year. Good Luck to both Carthage and Kilgore. I'm going with Carthage 21 - 20 in a nail biter.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Carthage made that look easy.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Nice answer by Kilgore.

This game will be close throughout.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Wow, what a stand by Kilgore.

BB BULLS
12-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Wow, what a stand by Kilgore.

please keep updating have no way to watch or listen. thanks

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM

Will do.

Tied 7-7.

Carthage with the ball at their own 21.

5:33 2nd

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2013, 02:01 PM

You must have an Internet connection or you wouldn't be posting.

http://www.kdokradio.com

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:02 PM
TD Carthage.

14-7 Carthage.

2:34 2nd

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:03 PM
That dropped pick by Kilgore was huge.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Wow, all day long for the Carthage O. We're seeing what a heathy dual threat QB can do to a good Kilgore D.

BB BULLS
12-20-2013, 02:06 PM
You must have an Internet connection or you wouldn't be posting.

http://www.kdokradio.com

company got it all streaming sites blocked

bansheefan03
12-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Bad thing about he really is not a duel threat

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Kilgore misses on a 41-yard FG.

Carthage taking over at their own 24.

1:20 2nd

hollywood
12-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Carthage got robbed on the incompletion call on 4th down. Wow

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow, Carthage goes for it on 4th down from their own 46.

Pass was complete for a first down but catch was overruled...

Kilgore connects on a 39-yard FG to end the half.

14-10 Carthage

Half

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Carthage got robbed on the incompletion call on 4th down. Wow

Clearly a catch...

hollywood
12-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Kilgore got to be filling lucky going in at the half.

Kilgore better make some adjustments at halftime on D.

A healthy power spread offense with a very good dual threat QB is hard to stop.

99IHSMustang
12-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Kilgore gets the ball to start the second half.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Kilgore got to be filling lucky going in at the half.

Kilgore better make some adjustments at halftime on D.

A healthy power spread offense with a very good dual threat QB is hard to stop.

We struggled all year in goal line. Should be 21-7. Can't believe ref comes from the other side of the field to rule the pass incomplete! Lets go Dawgs!!...Finish and bring home title #4.

83Indian
12-20-2013, 02:29 PM
We struggled all year in goal line. Should be 21-7. Can't believe ref comes from the other side of the field to rule the pass incomplete! Lets go Dawgs!!...Finish and bring home title #4.

Carthage looked in control the first half but momentum can change fast. Anyone's ball game.

bansheefan03
12-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Stats?

toddg
12-20-2013, 02:36 PM
When on the goal, why not do what they been doing.. Pass..! They are having no trouble completing this short and medium passes

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Stats?

First half stats...

Kilgore
Carthage

First Downs

Rushing Yards

Passing Yards

Total Yards

Turnovers

3rd Down Conversions
3/5
3/5

11:32
12:28

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Kilgore at the Carthage 11-yard line.

3rd and 8 coming up...

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:54 PM
3rd down pass falls incomplete.

Kilgore misses a 27-yard FG.

Bounces off the upright...

bansheefan03
12-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Stats for Carthage?

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:01 PM
TD Carthage...

51-yard pass to Rutherford.

21-10 Carthage

6:25 3rd

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Kilgore, down 21-10, is now already almost too far behind to catch up, IMO.

Those two missed field goals were huge.

bansheefan03
12-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Kilgore, down 21-10, is now already almost too far behind to catch up, IMO.

Those two missed field goals were huge. not as huge as us fumbling at one inch line would be 28-7

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Kilgore goes three and out.

Carthage ball at their own 41.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Huge play for Carthage....41-yard pass.

First and goal from the 10.

TD Carthage...

Goree 10-yard run.

28-10

4:23 3rd

defense51
12-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Carthage is starting to pull away now

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2013, 03:12 PM
It's over.

Only way Kilgore could come back would be to borrow some other team's passing game. They ain't got enough of one themselves.

This is the problem with one-dimensional offenses.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Carthage offense is very impressive...

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Cool interview with Jerry Jones.

83Indian
12-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Cool interview with Jerry Jones.

He must be standing on the Kilgore sideline

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:23 PM
End 3rd

Kilgore 2nd and 8 at the Carthage 34.

28-10 Carthage.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:24 PM
He must be standing on the Kilgore sideline

Yeah, towards one of the end zones.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:26 PM
TD Kilgore...

32-yard run by Colbert...

28-17

11:07 4th

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Huge PI call on 3rd down called on Kilgore.

Moves the chains for Carthage...

jason
12-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Carthage offense is boring.
Thought they'd be better.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Carthage punts.

Kilgore ball at their own 36.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 03:42 PM
It's been a boring game to watch on TV.

Is Colbert going bald? His helmet came off on a play and he looked like he was 40 years old! Lol

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Kilgore punts.

Carthage ball at their own 5.

5:46 4th

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Kilgore with a pick.

At the Carthage 27.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Carthage taking their foot off the petal and trying to play conservative has allowed Kilgore to stay in this one. Momentum shifted to Kilgore now.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM
TD Kilgore...

Justice 1-yard run

2-pt try no good.

28-23 Carthage.

3:40 4th

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Kilgore tries an onside kick.

Carthage recovers at their own 48.

Kilgore with zero timeouts...

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Carthage first down at the Kilgore 33.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 03:56 PM
TD Carthage....

Pipkin 24-yard run.

34-23 Carthage

PAT no good.

:50 4th

That's going to do it.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 04:03 PM
FINAL

Carthage 34
Kilgore 23

Congrats Carthage!

Great season Kilgore.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Congrats Carthage!

Good season Kilgore.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 04:10 PM
JJ presenting the MVP and SC trophies.

Celina8
12-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Wow congratulations to Carthage...just a great program and this years team has added to that legacy with 4 State Titles in 6 years... that is freaking awesome. Kilgore congratulations to you too on a great season.

bobcat1
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Congrats Carthage and a hard fought win for the Championship. Your defense really stepped up. Nice well rounded offense too. Congrats to Kilgore too. Awesome season!

83Indian
12-20-2013, 04:29 PM
The beast from the east is back! Great job Carthage

Bullaholic
12-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Congrats to Carthage on yet another SC---arguably one of the best programs in 3A over the last 5 seasons or so. Congrats to Kilgore for a fine season--they beat some good teams and just lost to a better one today.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Congrats to Kilgore on an outstanding season. They never gave up in this ball game, an played their hearts out. All I can say is wow Carthage, great game! You seniors went out on top! We made it a little closer than it should have been in the end, but a dominating performance with the exception of about 7 minutes in the 4th quarter. Game wasn't as close as the score IMO. Carthage dominated. Way to go boys, you made our town proud.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 04:36 PM

Haha. Well I guess I would rather be boring, and put up 35 (should have been 42) then "fun to watch" and put up 6.

Sville
12-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Congrats to the Carthage Dawgs on the 3A D1 State Championship!

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 04:39 PM
By the way Carthage boring offense would have put 100 on Ville. Carthage is the best program in 3a hands down, and it ain't going to change anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Carthage sets the all time Championship record one day!

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Bogenschutz can't carry a healthy Stidhams jock. Too bad he didn't get to show it in the semis. Suratt s play calling nearly got you beat again like last year with his trick play on the 5 yd. line. The kids won in spite of him. You have a great TEAM so congratulations!

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2013, 04:45 PM
By the way Carthage boring offense would have put 100 on Ville. Carthage is the best program in 3a hands down, and it ain't going to change anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Carthage sets the all time Championship record one day!

You may well be right. I said a few pages earlier that I didn't think Kilgore would get behind, but if they did, they couldn't catch up. So I'll take my crow, but I want a tasty appetizer first for correctly qualifying my prediction with what would make it go wrong. Or maybe I want it as dessert to purge the taste of the crow.

I doubt if Carthage and Gilmer ever play each other again. Gilmer will very likely be losing enrollment in coming years. It'd have to be a predistrict game. They (the two coaches) didn't get that done two years ago, so I wouldn't think they'd start now.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Bogeschutz can't carry a healthy Stidhams jock. Too bad he didn't get to show it in the semis.

Haha. What a classless fan base. It's not about 1 player, it's about the TEAM.

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Read the rest of the post knucklehead

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WOS87
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM

The WOS defense should be interesting next year being they were the only defense to hold Carthage under 30 points this season and they're almost all returning next year.

Gratz Carthage! WOS gets knocked out two years in a row by the eventual State Champs...

slingshot
12-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Congrats to Carthage.... D1 State Champs.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Read the rest of the post knucklehead

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh ok. So you run down our QB and our 4 time state Champion coach. Thanks. Like I said classless knucklehead. I wish we would have been able to embarrass Ville on FSSW!!

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 05:03 PM
My my so sensitive to a little teasing. You guys are champs until some one knocks you off. Merry Christmas!

Jacket97
12-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Easy there Dawgs...3 of the 4 teams in the Semi's last season, was also in the Semi's again this season... Good season, yes. State Champs again, 4 times in 6 years; which is awesome. Best program in 3A...somewhat debatable. That is all I can say. Congrats to both teams for great seasons.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Easy there Dawgs...3 of the 4 teams in the Semi's last season, was also in the Semi's again this season... Good season, yes. State Champs again, 4 times in 6 years; which is awesome. Best program in 3A...somewhat debatable. That is all I can say. Congrats to both teams for great seasons.

Look we don't need to brag in accomplishments, and I was a little excited. But actually it's not at all debatable. We have played 92 games and won 4 Championships in 6 years. This is a all time run. Up there with the all time runs whether anybody wants to admit it or not.

Jacket97
12-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Look we don't need to brag in accomplishments, and I was a little excited. But actually it's not at all debatable. We have played 92 games and won 4 Championships in 6 years. This is a all time run. Up there with the all time runs whether anybody wants to admit it or not.

I don't disagree...you guys have had a great run over the last several years. But there sure are lots of good programs in 3A in the state of Texas. It's a good feeling for you knowing for another year that your team went out on top. Enjoy it!!

db1980
12-20-2013, 05:37 PM

That's what balanced offenses do, take what is there. They don't poop the bed when their star is hampered.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't disagree...you guys have had a great run over the last several years. But there sure are lots of good programs in 3A in the state of Texas. It's a good feeling for you knowing for another year that your team went out on top. Enjoy it!!

+1...

db1980
12-20-2013, 05:43 PM
The WOS defense should be interesting next year being they were the only defense to hold Carthage under 30 points this season and they're almost all returning next year.

Gratz Carthage! WOS gets knocked out two years in a row by the eventual State Champs...

WO-S will be my pick to win state next year. They were good on defense.

But who knows, they might not be able to carry Stephenville's jocks.

Jacket97
12-20-2013, 05:54 PM
That's what balanced offenses do, take what is there. They don't poop the bed when their star is hampered.

Ok, so I see several posters taking this quote and making what they want out of it.... Just because an offense is boring does not mean they are not a good football team. Sometimes teams are just more boring to watch than others, win or lose. Point in case... I would much rather see Baylor's offense play over Alabama. JMO. Alabama the better team? Probably...but more boring...definately. JMO.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 06:07 PM

You're an emotional roller coaster Dawgs! Lol

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Heck we might admit it , but we are still going to give y'all the business!:p

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 06:27 PM
You're an emotional roller coaster Dawgs! Lol

And you are the crow king! Never seen somebody wrong so many times in one season. I have seen 2 different places where you are now talking about Argyle, and this and that. Fairfield is going to blow that game open in the 2nd half. Way to much speed. So if Fairfield wins who will you say the best team in 3a is. I already saw where you have said Argyle is numerous times. All in fun my friend.

Sville
12-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Regardless what happens in the 2nd half of the D2 game, it is obvious to this football fan who is the best in 3A this year and that is Carthage. I don't think there is much to argue about Dawgs statement that Carthage has been the best 3A program over the last several years? The results speak for themselves.

j_dog
12-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Congratulations Carthage on the win. And congratulations to Kilgore for a good long playoff run.

Cuney from Jasper rushed for 260. Kilgore's entire team offensive production was around 200 yards?? Yes, it appears that Kilgore's rushing attack may truly be on a lower level?? Don't mean this to knock Kilgore by any means; but it is time for Cuney to get some recognition for being up there in a level by himself. Had he been playing for a high profile team he would probably getting a lot more comparisons to Earl Campbell. Fans that have seen him play seem to give him credit. By the way, as for scoring points against Carthage: Kilgore 23, Jasper 26. I think the 26 points is the most that Carthage gave up to a 3a team.

Again congratulations to Carthage and Kilgore for the great game.

JBizzle
12-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Congratulations Carthage on the win. And congratulations to Kilgore for a good long playoff run.

Cuney from Jasper rushed for 260. Kilgore's entire team offensive production was around 200 yards?? Yes, it appears that Kilgore's rushing attack may truly be on a lower level?? Don't mean this to knock Kilgore by any means; but it is time for Cuney to get some recognition for being up there in a level by himself. Had he been playing for a high profile team he would probably getting a lot more comparisons to Earl Campbell. Fans that have seen him play seem to give him credit. By the way, as for scoring points against Carthage: Kilgore 23, Jasper 26. I think the 26 points is the most that Carthage gave up to a 3a team.

Again congratulations to Carthage and Kilgore for the great game.

I'm not gonna knock Cuney at all because he is a heck of a player. One of the best. However, Carthage's defense hit another level upon entering the playoffs. I went to all 5 home games, 2 away games and all but two playoff games. They were a different animal in the playoffs. Not saying Cuney wouldn't have gashed em today for 150 or so, but they are not the same...

defense51
12-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Congrats to Carthage, and to Kilgore for a great season!

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:58 PM
And you are the crow king! Never seen somebody wrong so many times in one season. I have seen 2 different places where you are now talking about Argyle, and this and that. Fairfield is going to blow that game open in the 2nd half. Way to much speed. So if Fairfield wins who will you say the best team in 3a is. I already saw where you have said Argyle is numerous times. All in fun my friend.

LOL.. Hey, it's all in fun. Dawgs, for what it's worth, Carthage is the best team in 3A, IMHO. Just having fun on here.

Now, give me a healthy Stidham... Oh man. C-Dawgs would have had their hands full brah! :D

db1980
12-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Ok, so I see several posters taking this quote and making what they want out of it.... Just because an offense is boring does not mean they are not a good football team. Sometimes teams are just more boring to watch than others, win or lose. Point in case... I would much rather see Baylor's offense play over Alabama. JMO. Alabama the better team? Probably...but more boring...definately. JMO.

They have had games where the qb threw for 400+ and games where the rbs went for big yardage. Maybe that is boring to some, but winning championships is what it should be called

Aggie98
12-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Congrats Carthage, you are the Champs! You won the battles in the trenches and it showed on the scoreboard. Proud of my K-Dogs and their season.

Spursfan
12-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Was it me or did anyone else hear the booing of Jerry Jones when he was presenting the trophies?? I am a die hard Cowboys fan but that was hilarious! !

It reminded me of when we were at The Astrodome in the early 90's at an Astros Game when they introduced Ann Richards The Governor of Texas to throw out the first pitch and she was met with a loud round of BOOS! Instant CLASSIC!!

bobcat1
12-20-2013, 10:46 PM
:hand:
Same thing we all thought about the Yellowsplatters. Sure is good they didn't meet Carthage. :taunt:

j_dog
12-20-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm not gonna knock Cuney at all because he is a heck of a player. One of the best. However, Carthage's defense hit another level upon entering the playoffs. I went to all 5 home games, 2 away games and all but two playoff games. They were a different animal in the playoffs. Not saying Cuney wouldn't have gashed em today for 150 or so, but they are not the same...
I knew someone would say that about the playoffs. Of course, we all know that is true. That district game did not have live or die implications in any sense. Both teams just about had playoff spots clinched. In the playoffs most all good teams kick it into another gear. Carthage is one of the best at doing that. So is WOS. Jasper also was a different animal in the playoffs. Cuney had around 220 yards against WOS the week before you played WOS; clearly a top defensive team. He had way over 200 yards in all three Jasper playoff games. I think Jasper picked up its game big time in the playoffs. They averaged around 450 yards per game against arguably the best teams they faced all year, except for Carthage. If Jasper had had one more stop in them, we would have had our re-match and we would now know the answer to how a playoff Jasper would have fared against a playoff Carthage. Not saying Jasper would have won; just saying from what you seem to be saying that Carthage might have had a second big surprise from Jasper. But anyway, my point was and still is; some Kilgore fans seemed to think they would certainly do better than little ole Cuney. They didn't.

Again, congrats on winning state!

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Boxscore (http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/state-football/boxscores/Carthage-34-Kilgore-23.pdf)

cowboyandchrist
12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
All I can say is wow. The Dawgs do what they do and that is win state championships. Kilgore was every bit as good as I thought they were. Three game balls go out to the Dawg defense, O line, and Boggie. I guess what I have said all year long was right. The best O line in the state at least at the 3A level. I have a feeling the Dawgs will be back in this game in the near future. The seniors stayed focused and played there butts off. All the under classmen played 16 games and know what it takes to be the champ. I have read all the post and I have read about boring, who rushed for what against the Dawgs, and what other teams could have done if certain players would have been healthly, and all I can say is this. I have been telling people on here for a long time Carthage is the only program that will be better from week to week once district starts. Coach S can take what he has with the skill level of the players in Carthage and build and mold them into the best they can be and in most cases have them playing at a level that even they them selves didn't think they could play. He is a very special coach. Next year will be a big change in who plays where with some teams moving up, some down and some the same. I think WOS will be the team to beat, they will have a championship type defense. Navasota will be very good. My Dawgs will be in the hunt but will have to replace every one on the offense. The defense will be very good again. I will have to wait until after the teams are set across the state to see how hard the road will be to the championship. One thing I know for sure when the conversation comes up, what team or school was one of the best in 3A football, they will have no choice but say Carthage Bull Dawgs from 2007 through 201?. Thank you C Dawgs for another great year and giving this old man a great Christmas present. God Bless you all.

Aggie98
12-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Regardless what happens in the 2nd half of the D2 game, it is obvious to this football fan who is the best in 3A this year and that is Carthage. I don't think there is much to argue about Dawgs statement that Carthage has been the best 3A program over the last several years? The results speak for themselves.

+1

If Carthage has a weakness, I didn't see it today. Great football team.

Dawgs
12-21-2013, 12:10 AM
All I can say is wow. The Dawgs do what they do and that is win state championships. Kilgore was every bit as good as I thought they were. Three game balls go out to the Dawg defense, O line, and Boggie. I guess what I have said all year long was right. The best O line in the state at least at the 3A level. I have a feeling the Dawgs will be back in this game in the near future. The seniors stayed focused and played there butts off. All the under classmen played 16 games and know what it takes to be the champ. I have read all the post and I have read about boring, who rushed for what against the Dawgs, and what other teams could have done if certain players would have been healthly, and all I can say is this. I have been telling people on here for a long time Carthage is the only program that will be better from week to week once district starts. Coach S can take what he has with the skill level of the players in Carthage and build and mold them into the best they can be and in most cases have them playing at a level that even they them selves didn't think they could play. He is a very special coach. Next year will be a big change in who plays where with some teams moving up, some down and some the same. I think WOS will be the team to beat, they will have a championship type defense. Navasota will be very good. My Dawgs will be in the hunt but will have to replace every one on the offense. The defense will be very good again. I will have to wait until after the teams are set across the state to see how hard the road will be to the championship. One thing I know for sure when the conversation comes up, what team or school was one of the best in 3A football, they will have no choice but say Carthage Bull Dawgs from 2007 through 201?. Thank you C Dawgs for another great year and giving this old man a great Christmas present. God Bless you all.

+1 C&C. This one was sweet. These seniors earned it. I am so proud of this group. After letting one slip away in the Semi's last year, they came back on a mission and finished with a Ship. I am so happy for these seniors. And I got my early Christmas gift for sure!

Dawgs
12-21-2013, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=Aggie98;1797047]Congrats Carthage, you are the Champs! You won the battles in the trenches and it showed on the scoreboard. Proud of my K-Dogs and their season.

Aggies you always give good information, root for your team, and keep it pretty classy. You are just a big a homer as the rest of us too. These were the big boys playing tonight. I think in the end Carthage just had more experience. Kilgore battled till the end, and are a great team. Look forward to seeing you guys again next year. That was fun!

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 08:03 AM
I think WOS will be the team to beat, they will have a championship type defense. Navasota will be very good.

According to Matt Stepp's snapshot numbers I just looked up, West Orange-Stark has an enrollment of 594, so they won't be in the same hunt Carthage and Navasota are in. It's hard to believe a school that was 4A not that long ago could lose that many students.

This thread tells us why the split into divisions in 3A is not altogether a good thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people in Argyle who are pointing to the fact that they went undefeated and were the top-ranked team in practically every poll at the end of the regular season. Carthage had a great season, but also suffered a lopsided loss to a small 4A team which went out in the third round.

The new division setup going into effect really ends once and for all these discussions about how such-and-such team is the best in 3A (or 4A next season). More than ever, no one can know. I understand why it was done, but it'd be more honest just to come up with 12 classifications rather than six split into two divisions each.

I'm not taking anything away from Carthage. I'm just trying to bring some of you down to earth before you crash and burn with your vicarious egomania.

cowboyandchrist
12-21-2013, 08:24 AM
According to Matt Stepp's snapshot numbers I just looked up, West Orange-Stark has an enrollment of 594, so they won't be in the same hunt Carthage and Navasota are in. It's hard to believe a school that was 4A not that long ago could lose that many students.

This thread tells us why the split into divisions in 3A is not altogether a good thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people in Argyle who are pointing to the fact that they went undefeated and were the top-ranked team in practically every poll at the end of the regular season. Carthage had a great season, but also suffered a lopsided loss to a small 4A team which went out in the third round.

The new division setup going into effect really ends once and for all these discussions about how such-and-such team is the best in 3A (or 4A next season). More than ever, no one can know. I understand why it was done, but it'd be more honest just to come up with 12 classifications rather than six split into two divisions each.

I'm not taking anything away from Carthage. I'm just trying to bring some of you down to earth before you crash and burn with your vicarious egomania.

Just my opinion, but White House had the best Q/B in the state and the voters said so. They would have beaten Argyle also that early in the season. White house lost 4 or 5 players to injury before district was over and they still hung 60 points on 4A teams three round deep in the playoffs. Argyle was a great team this year with outstanding players. They are the DII champs, what difference does it make who was better them or Carthage. If you ask everyone on this board who was better, you would get many opinions none of which tell us who would beat who.
Congrats to Argyle on a great season and championship. My Dawgs are number one to me, to the Carthage fans, and coaches that is all that matters.

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 08:47 AM
It only makes a difference when a team claims to be the best over a number of years in 3A when, in fact, 3A (or 4A next season) should be two separate classifications and not just two divisions. This is now going to more true than ever with the preseason cutoffs rather than postseason establishment of the divisions.

"If you ask everyone on this board who was better, you would get many opinions none of which tell us who would beat who."

That's why I don't like the division setup. I would instead create more classifications with no divisions. This is all semantics, but it's more honest.

I have come to the conclusion over the years (and I am so old that only the district champion made the playoffs in my era) that the UIL just wants to create as many "winners" as possible, both for self-esteem and monetary reasons (with the latter probably being more important than the former, although there is no more chance I will buy a State Farm policy now than before they poured countless thousands of dollars into "presenting" this event).

Dawgs
12-21-2013, 09:02 AM
It only makes a difference when a team claims to be the best over a number of years in 3A when, in fact, 3A (or 4A next season) should be two separate classifications and not just two divisions. This is now going to more true than ever with the preseason cutoffs rather than postseason establishment of the divisions.

"If you ask everyone on this board who was better, you would get many opinions none of which tell us who would beat who."

That's why I don't like the division setup. I would instead create more classifications with no divisions. This is all semantics, but it's more honest.

I have come to the conclusion over the years (and I am so old that only the district champion made the playoffs in my era) that the UIL just wants to create as many "winners" as possible, both for self-esteem and monetary reasons (with the latter probably being more important than the former, although there is no more chance I will buy a State Farm policy now than before they poured countless thousands of dollars into "presenting" this event).

I don't even know why you made your last 2 post. Carthage is the champs once again, no matter if they played in split divisions or not. What Carthage poster has said anything about being better than Argyle. Both are champs. "Lopsided loss" to Whitehouse? Why was this necessary? Let me tell you a secret Carthage doesn't play to win Pre district games...we play to win ships, and our coaches coach accordingly. You typed alot of nice letters, but you didn't say anything. 4 times in 6 years! Nothing more to say!

jason
12-21-2013, 09:08 AM
agreed.

and this is for everybody, not just to db1980:
Has the carthage qb been that bad of a passer all season? If he even looked before he threw, then he stared down his receiver. Should have been picked off several times. Seemed to be some curious play calls at the end and had kilgore been able to run a pass play would have been able to get in it. Why did they keep passing in the 2nd half when kilgore couldn't stop the run. Granted, their pass defense is terrible but the carthage offense (IMO) didn't seem to be built for a high tempo passing game.

Did anybody else think Kilgore had given up when they punted from the 50 only down 2 scores with 6 minutes to go?

ctown81
12-21-2013, 09:09 AM

The Whitehouse game??? Heck in 2010 we got blew out by Nacogdoches. As Dawgs said, we don't play to win preseason games. For example, Surrat CHOSE not to make adjustments in the Whitehouse game b/c he didn't want anyone else in the state to know that Bogie could run. In district, Bogie ran against Jasper and they were totally caught by surprise. Also, Whitehouse next to Aledo had the best offense in 4a. heck they lost 65-60 in the playoffs.

As for Argyle, I won't get into an argument of who's better but I will say this. Polls don't mean jack crap. Carthage has NEVER been ranked #1 in their four titles.

adoptedbuckeye
12-21-2013, 09:11 AM
A huge congratulations to Carthage for winning when it mattered the most! Kilgore played their hearts out but weren't equipped to score quickly enough to catch up. East Texas is certainly proud of both Bulldogs! Next year should be exciting especially if yall end up in the same district.

Pudlugger
12-21-2013, 09:47 AM
I agree Carthage is the best in 3a this year. Their offense is more dynamic than any of the other finalists with more weapons and balance in all facets of play. Their defense stopped the best running game in 3a yesterday. Carthage is #1 this year in 3a IMO. Congratulations to the Dawgs and to all the great teams in the finals this season.

JBizzle
12-21-2013, 10:55 AM
agreed.

Has the carthage qb been that bad of a passer all season? If he even looked before he threw, then he stared down his receiver. Should have been picked off several times. Seemed to be some curious play calls at the end and had kilgore been able to run a pass play would have been able to get in it. Why did they keep passing in the 2nd half when kilgore couldn't stop the run. Granted, their pass defense is terrible but the carthage offense (IMO) didn't seem to be built for a high tempo passing game.

Did anybody else think Kilgore had given up when they punted from the 50 only down 2 scores with 6 minutes to go?

Yep, he's been terrible! That's why he threw for 4000 yds, 56 TDs and 4 picks. If teams put some wr's on d he would have had 75 int's but nobody could hold em. UTSA is hoping C-USA db's are just as bad.

C'mon man! You serious with this Bull? He was the MVP of the effin game!

cowboyandchrist
12-21-2013, 11:18 AM
agreed.

I would not expect any thing less from a fan of a team that got donkey stomped by the team that Carthage beat. The Q/B threw for over 9000 yards and over 100 TDS in his career, what else does he have to do to prove to you he is a good Q/B. You ask coaching questions, why did they do this or why did they do that. Looks like they did what they needed to win a state champion ship.

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 11:33 AM
I think SOME polls are meaningless. The AP Poll, I agree, is meaningless.

OTOH, you have some of the rating services and pundits who are just dead-on a lot of the time.

For instance, Greg Tepper of DCTF predicted Argyle would beat Gilmer 38-31. The actual score was 45-38.

Yesterday, he predicted Argyle 38, Fairfield 35.

It would be interesting to get his take on the game which will never be played - 2013 Carthage versus 2013 Argyle.

JBizzle
12-21-2013, 11:37 AM
I think SOME polls are meaningless. The AP Poll, I agree, is meaningless.

OTOH, you have some of the rating services and pundits who are just dead-on a lot of the time.

For instance, Greg Tepper of DCTF predicted Argyle would beat Gilmer 38-31. The actual score was 45-38.

Yesterday, he predicted Argyle 38, Fairfield 35.

It would be interesting to get his take on the game which will never be played - 2013 Carthage versus 2013 Argyle.

He also said Navasota would beat Carthage and picked Kilgore yesterday...he doesn't know that much about 3A and below...

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 11:44 AM
You're not going to like this one. I don't know that I trust this site at all, though:

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Argyle&site=vs.&team2=Carthage

jason
12-21-2013, 11:56 AM
It was just a 1 game observation.
Just like everybodys 1 game observation of stephenville and their qb vs kilgore.

bansheefan03
12-21-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Carthage&site=vs.&team2=Kilgore

Dawgs
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
agreed.

I would say that we had some sketchy play calls on the drive with about 9 minutes to play by not running the ball. I will also say that Bogie did not have his best passing game if the season. I think alot of that had to do with Kilgore D. Kid rushed for 100 yards, threw for 186, and was offensive MVP. Passed for 4000 yards with 56 TD and 4 Int. Won a State Title in the process. You sound like a jealous sore loser right now guy. Haha...What a joke. Nobody needs to even answer any of your bogus comments. I'll say this, and end it. Kilgore 44 Ville 6...Carthage 34 Kilgore 23. From the looks of those scores I say Carthage would have won by 70. You can take cheap shots all you want. Bogie is awesome! He had a great career, and is valedictorian of his class. Kid is a winner in life. BTW, I guess Ville's D would have made all those picks? Haha...you boys down there need to learn how to play some defense! Shoulda maybe stayed out of the weight room in the offseason and do some tackling drills!

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Carthage&site=vs.&team2=Gilmer

Well, I was beginning to feel sorry for Carthage, thinking SURELY the Matchup Analyzer would give them the win against Gilmer. But no such luck.

MA has suddenly been hitting the egg nog too much or something.

hollywood
12-21-2013, 12:34 PM
It was just a 1 game observation.
Just like everybodys 1 game observation of stephenville and their qb vs kilgore.

Agreed

2muchOffense
12-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Congrats to Kilgore for the great season. I sure was pulling for you. Congrats to The Champ. After our run last year we heard all the same crap. Stuff like our team didn't look that good, our defense was average, blah blah blah. The bottom line is none of it matters today. Carthage you are the champs! Your football team earned it on the field. Stats, polls, predictions do not make a difference. Your team won because you had tremendous coaching, fan support, and great players. Congrats to your program but more importantly to your kids. Takes a special group to win state and I don't care what region you happen to live in. Enjoy the ride champs. The title goes back to east Texas. Hopefully next year we can steal it back! Great season to both teams.

Dawgs
12-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Agreed

Haha...Cute. "Agreed"! I don't think people were downgrading Stidham like you guys are doing Bogie. It's fine though. Ville posters prove to be more classless by the day. Nobody was doing you guys like this last year when y'all won it. I am really not understanding where this is going? What are y'all trying to say? Stidham is better than Bogie? Ok that's fine if you believe that. Carthage doesn't need the best QB in the state, we have the best team along with Argyle. Good luck to Bogie at UTSA.

WOS1
12-21-2013, 02:34 PM
You guys ignore the haters. Carthage won it on the field and that's all that matters. It's all sour grapes. You guys were the best in DI. That's all there is to it!! Congrats and enjoy it.

waterboy
12-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Dang! I knew I should've picked Carthage! If I had just picked them to win, Kilgore would've come home with the trophy..., lol! The better team won, though, so, congratulations to Carthage. I don't think there's a coach around I'd rather have in a state championship game than Scott Surratt. He just flat out knows how to prepare his team to win the big one. Carthage just has that state championship game "mojo" is all I got to say about that.

Congratulations to Carthage, and another great season for the Kilgore Bulldogs! I feel your pain, my district brothers.

cowboyandchrist
12-21-2013, 04:19 PM
I have been waiting all year to say this:

Carthage and Argyle were just flat out better than everybody else in 2013.

God Bless.

hollywood
12-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Haha...Cute. "Agreed"! I don't think people were downgrading Stidham like you guys are doing Bogie. It's fine though. Ville posters prove to be more classless by the day. Nobody was doing you guys like this last year when y'all won it. I am really not understanding where this is going? What are y'all trying to say? Stidham is better than Bogie? Ok that's fine if you believe that. Carthage doesn't need the best QB in the state, we have the best team along with Argyle. Good luck to Bogie at UTSA.

Oh good gracious Dawgs. Bogie didn't have his best day BUT has done a fantastic job during the season! Again, he lead his team to the SC and won it. I don't think anyone is discrediting Bogie as a QB. Just as some do, you here the talk and hype, then see one game, and judge. One game is not enough to see how strong or weak a team is. Trust me! ;)

Congrats again the Carthage, fantastic finish on a great season. C-Dawgs earned it and were the best team in 3A D1 championship.

Enjoy!

hollywood
12-21-2013, 06:52 PM

God Bless.

Agreed!

db1980
12-21-2013, 07:44 PM
agreed.

I wouldn't say his passing performance was bad. He had the 4th down completion that was overturned. That was clearly a catch to. On the near INT he did throw into double coverage, but he has a deep trust with 5 & 7. Rutherford pulled in passes like that many times for him during the year. He also had the incompletion on the screen play where he threw the ball to the turf to avoid the sack. He found 7 a couple times on 3rd and long to move the sticks. I thought he played well.

Manso/V8
12-21-2013, 07:57 PM

God Bless.

Naw, Fairfield was just as good as Argyle.

buckeyebob
12-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Naw, Fairfield was just as good as Argyle.

If that was the case, there would have been a tie...& I did not see one.