PDA

View Full Version : 3A DII STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: ARGYLE (15-0) vs FAIRFIELD (15-0)

Pages : [1] 2

PEdropout
12-14-2013, 09:42 PM
This is it !! For all the marbles!
A battle of the best 2 teams in 3a !
Which eagles team will take it home at jerryworld !?

eagles_victory
12-14-2013, 09:55 PM
It's going to be a barn burner the biggest event in the history of Fairfield, Texas going to be a great game.

Snotbubbles
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Best games IMO of all the state games. I'll have the ponder this one a few days before predicting an winner and margin. Just so glad, as a fan of HS football, I get to to see this come about. TY Argyle and FF for making it happen.

Halup
12-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Putting my money on the undefeated Eagles!

defense51
12-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I have to go with the #1 ranked Argyle Eagles in this one.

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Putting my money on the undefeated Eagles!

I agree. The Eagles are SURE to win!

OldBison75
12-14-2013, 10:27 PM
I have said since week 4 that this Fairfield team was for real. I also said that they remind me of Navasota from last year in that they are a team on a mission. They have won with strong offensive play for sure, but the defense is so much better than most people want to believe. We hear about speed all of the time on this board, but, Fairfield has quickness. They react and respond to the ball better than any defense I have seen in a long time, including last year's Rattler defense that I was so high on.

I have not seen Argyle play, so this may not be a fair pick to them, but I take Fairfield to win the championship by 14.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I have said since week 4 that this Fairfield team was for real. I also said that they remind me of Navasota from last year in that they are a team on a mission. They have won with strong offensive play for sure, but the defense is so much better than most people want to believe. We hear about speed all of the time on this board, but, Fairfield has quickness. They react and respond to the ball better than any defense I have seen in a long time, including last year's Rattler defense that I was so high on.

I have not seen Argyle play, so this may not be a fair pick to them, but I take Fairfield to win the championship by 14.

How can you pick a team to win by 14 if you have not seen the other team play and have not researched them? No way.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Congratulations to Graham and Sinton on fantastic seasons! The Eagles dominated this weekend. Although I will not be able to attend the game because I have to work and cannot take off :crying:, I am excited for the Argyle Eagles on their third opportunity to take home their first football championship. Go Argyle!

eagleqb_14
12-14-2013, 11:31 PM
this whole town is so pumped for the state game! im so blessed to be a fairifeld eagle, and its my senior year so it has been awesome! Hope to see my eagles win this

Rocket Man
12-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Should be a close game. I give an edge to Argyle based on quality wins against a stronger schedule than Fairfield.

ctown81
12-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Pulling for Fairfield, but going with Argyle by 14. This is Fairfield's first true test, and with this being a state game, it's the wrong time to have your one true test.

regaleagle
12-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Pulling for Fairfield, but going with Argyle by 14. This is Fairfield's first true test, and with this being a state game, it's the wrong time to have your one true test.

Not so sure about that....Navasota wasn't no slouch. Neither was Rockdale, but what you probably mean is defensively. A great defense can cause a potent offense to have problems. I don't think Argyle will have much of a size advantage on the FF lines, though. Not from what I 've read...but correct me if I'm wrong. Looks to me like it will be talent vs. talent moreso than a size advantage on the lines. And speed doesn't sound like it will be a factor either. From what I understand about FF, they have very good speed.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-15-2013, 01:45 AM
I have prepared some stats for those of you that like to look at those kind of things. Although I am an Argyle homer, I want to be educated for this game as a fan so that I can try to look at the game objectively prior to the game.

Fairfield
Opponent W/L 84-91
Opponent Average State Rank 426.6
Average Points Scored 57.3
Average Points Given Up 9.2
State Rank 19
National Rank 141

Argyle
Opponent W/L 106-73
Opponent Average State Rank 321.9
Average Points Scored 51.7
Average Points Given Up 12.7
State Rank 11
National Rank 84

By the looks of the above numbers, both teams have dynamic scoring offenses and shutdown defenses. Upon further analysis, Fairfield has not played nearly the teams that Argyle has, on the whole. Fairfield's best 4 wins came against Navasota (ranked 68 in TX), Rockdale (ranked 134 in TX), Connally (ranked 141 in TX), and Sinton (ranked 174 in TX). Argyle's best 4 wins came against Graham (ranked 30 in TX), Gilmer (ranked 37 in TX), Nolan Catholic (ranked 96 in TX), and Celina (ranked 111 in TX). Argyle has more quality wins than Fairfield. Now, this may not mean that Argyle will win, obviously, but it does mean that Argyle has been tested by teams closer to their talent level more often.

Going to keep digging into the numbers... Go Eagles! ... Argyle that is. :)

OldBison75
12-15-2013, 02:00 AM
How can you pick a team to win by 14 if you have not seen the other team play and have not researched them? No way.

First of all, I can guess just like you. Second, I said I have not seen Argyle play, not that I have no info on them. Third, Fairfield may not have played the "level" of competition that you believe makes them tested, but that does not mean anything. The wins against top opponents were impressive wins. They came into Navasota's home field and won in a very hostile environment. They beat a Rockdale team that was second place in Navasota's district and would have been champs in most other districts.

You see, I watched a Navasota team last year that everybody was sure would be beat by Gilmer. What people did not realize was the attitude of that Rattler team. Fairfield has the same attitude this year. They play to their strength and challenge you on every play. You may beat them, but you will have to be perfect on the night. If they get a little momentum on their side they become monsters. I will only say that they have the best pass defense I have seen in any classification this year. To compliment that they have a group of "undersized" LB's that every team this year has tried to exploit, only to find that those guys are superb at finding the ball and tackling.

I stand by my prediction of Fairfield by 14. I think I am right, but, prove me wrong on the field.

Aguilafanatico
12-15-2013, 02:03 AM
First of all, I can guess just like you. Second, I said I have not seen Argyle play, not that I have no info on them. Third, Fairfield may not have played the "level" of competition that you believe makes them tested, but that does not mean anything. The wins against top opponents were impressive wins. They came into Navasota's home field and won in a very hostile environment. They beat a Rockdale team that was second place in Navasota's district and would have been champs in most other districts.

You see, I watched a Navasota team last year that everybody was sure would be beat by Gilmer. What people did not realize was the attitude of that Rattler team. Fairfield has the same attitude this year. They play to their strength and challenge you on every play. You may beat them, but you will have to be perfect on the night. If they get a little momentum on their side they become monsters. I will only say that they have the best pass defense I have seen in any classification this year. To compliment that they have a group of "undersized" LB's that every team this year has tried to exploit, only to find that those guys are superb at finding the ball and tackling.

I stand by my prediction of Fairfield by 14. I think I am right, but, prove me wrong on the field.

It shall be done.

hollywood
12-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Argyle

I'll be there Friday cheering on the Argilians!

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2013, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=OldBison75;1795417You see, I watched a Navasota team last year that everybody was sure would be beat by Gilmer.[/QUOTE]

You live in an alternate universe if you think that. Navasota was heavily favored going into the game against Gilmer last year and lived up to its favorite billing. It was the top-ranked team in 3A going into the game. Gilmer was mostly unranked last year and only made the Top 10 in the final poll of the season.

"After a slow start, top-ranked Navasota revved up its high-flying offense and scored touchdowns on four consecutive possessions in the first half en route to a 39-3 victory over Gilmer."
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Navasota-races-past-Gilmer-for-3A-title-4139534.php

Final 2012 AP Poll
Class 3A
School Record Total points Prv
1. Navasota (21) (10-0) 245 1
2. Abilene Wylie (1) (10-0) 202 2
3. Stephenville (3) (9-1) 194 3
4. West Orange-Stark (10-0) 163 6
5. La Marque (9-1) 161 5
6. Shallowater (10-0) 109 7
7. Argyle (9-1) 73 8
8. El Campo (10-0) 65 9
9. Carthage (8-2) 46 10
10. Gilmer (9-1) 39

firstdown
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
We're gonna beat them chicken hawks from Fairfield.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Fairfield is in serious trouble if they have "undersized" LBs. Nick Ralston and Ian Sadler will run all over that. Fairfield has not beaten teams like Gilmer and Graham.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Argyle

I'll be there Friday cheering on the Argilians!

Glad to have your support!

Bullaholic
12-15-2013, 10:10 AM
If we had the chance to handpick 3A players for a state SC game in Texas, I don't think we could put together better players than Argyle and Fairfield both field right now. Truly mirror images of each other in the way they beat opponents--versatile and efficient offenses capable of quick strikes, or slashing ground yards, and smothering, play-savvy defenses. No one-dimesional weakness on either side of the ball by either. I see a mid-range shootout in the 38-35 range, or so. I'm not ready to pick a winner, yet, and I may not---these two are just that good.

eagles_victory
12-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Fairfield is in serious trouble if they have "undersized" LBs. Nick Ralston and Ian Sadler will run all over that. Fairfield has not beaten teams like Gilmer and Graham. yea our "undersized" linebackers were really going to get exposed by Navasota (18 tackles in a half by the undersized Devin Eggins) , oh and they couldn't hold up to the wear and tear of district, oh and they were really going to struggle with the Wing T power running of Hardin Jefferson, and they weren't ready for the shotgun power run of Sinton who had put up so many yards all year. Same rhetoric that has been tossed around all year.

pirate4state
12-15-2013, 11:04 AM
The only advantage Argyle has is that they've been there before. Hopefully the stage isn't too big for Fairfield, but I am behind them 100%!!!! Go get it!

regaleagle
12-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Is it possible for a team like Fairfield to just bowl over every team they faced this season....to set all-time 3A scoring records in the process....and not be good enough to win a State Championship title??? I think we got that answer this weekend when Argyle just completely dismantled a similar team in the Graham Steers. YES!!! It is quite possible that a team can play 15 different opponents in a season, win every game convincingly, and then lose to another team that has had a similar season. And not only lose, but get whacked. I remember a post from one of the Grahamites that basically stated they may lose, but nobody this season was going to put the whack on them. Oh is that right? Well.....I think Argyle just did. So I think you can conclude that just because a team has taken its opponents to the carpet all season is not really justification that they cannot be whacked themselves, LOL. And this goes both ways.

lostaussie
12-15-2013, 11:13 AM
This is just a ?? Has or has not Argyle won a SC in the past. I thought they won a 2a title in their 1st few years.

Inmateboss
12-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Is Fairfield considered "East Texas"??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

regaleagle
12-15-2013, 11:17 AM
This is just a ?? Has or has not Argyle won a SC in the past. I thought they won a 2a title in their 1st few years.

No Sir....we lost to Newton 28-20 that season. My son was a junior on that team that year. It was 2005, Coach Rodgers' third season at Argyle.

Newton went undefeated and had beaten some 3A' s like Jasper during the season. They were very good.

lostaussie
12-15-2013, 11:21 AM
No Sir....we lost to Newton 28-20 that season. My son was a junior on that team that year. It was 2005, Coach Rodgers' third season at Argyle.3rd times a charm?? Hope so and nothing against Fairfield. Its just time for Argyle to hit the jackpot. I do believe this could be a very entertaining game though. Congrats to both:clap::clap:

Bullaholic
12-15-2013, 11:25 AM
The only advantage Argyle has is that they've been there before. Hopefully the stage isn't too big for Fairfield, but I am behind them 100%!!!! Go get it!

Great point, P4S---that's where I'm at, too, except I'd like to see Argyle win their first SC and bring it home to Reg2--they've been flirting with that SC for the past few seasons.

Inmateboss
12-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Is it possible for a team like Fairfield to just bowl over every team they faced this season....to set all-time 3A scoring records in the process....and not be good enough to win a State Championship title??? I think we got that answer this weekend when Argyle just completely dismantled a similar team in the Graham Steers. YES!!! It is quite possible that a team can play 15 different opponents in a season, win every game convincingly, and then lose to another team that has had a similar season. And not only lose, but get whacked. I remember a post from one of the Grahamites that basically stated they may lose, but nobody this season was going to put the whack on them. Oh is that right? Well.....I think Argyle just did. So I think you can conclude that just because a team has taken its opponents to the carpet all season is not really justification that they cannot be whacked themselves, LOL. And this goes both ways.

Dang right it goes both ways !! Ever heard of karma!! Hahaha I swore I would holler for Argyle, and will!! I just hope your not sitting in Jerry world with a mouth full of crow, cause they have a huge jumbotron for the whole state to see!! Humble pie while still hard to swallow, leaves a better taste in your mouth!!

regaleagle
12-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Dang right it goes both ways !! Ever heard of karma!! Hahaha I swore I would holler for Argyle, and will!! I just hope your not sitting in Jerry world with a mouth full of crow, cause they have a huge jumbotron for the whole state to see!! Humble pie while still hard to swallow, leaves a better taste in your mouth!!

I'm not the one that said it. I'm just repeating what a Graham poster said. And I'm making a point. Obviously, Argyle is ranked #1 in 3A for a reason, and has the credentials to back it up. I don't believe ANY team in 3A this season can put the whack attack on this particular group. But I do think this particular group COULD put a whacking on any other team they face. They've already done so in just about every single game this season. "Well, so has Fairfield", one might say. YEP, but so did Graham, too. That's my point.

I think Strength of Schedule and who a team plays does make a difference. We will see how good these "Chicken Hawks" are come Friday at Jerry World. I suspect they will give Argyle all they can handle. But it may be just the opposite. It has been all season for the Argyle Eagles against top competition.

HEMOTOXIC
12-15-2013, 11:59 AM
You live in an alternate universe if you think that. Navasota was heavily favored going into the game against Gilmer last year and lived up to its favorite billing. It was the top-ranked team in 3A going into the game. Gilmer was mostly unranked last year and only made the Top 10 in the final poll of the season.

"After a slow start, top-ranked Navasota revved up its high-flying offense and scored touchdowns on four consecutive possessions in the first half en route to a 39-3 victory over Gilmer."
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Navasota-races-past-Gilmer-for-3A-title-4139534.php

Final 2012 AP Poll
Class 3A
5. La Marque (9-1) 161 5
7. Argyle (9-1) 73 8
8. El Campo (10-0) 65 9
9. Carthage (8-2) 46 10
10. Gilmer (9-1) 39

Yes, Navasota was, on paper, the favorite. I think that what he is trying to point out is that for the most, Navasota heard the same thing from our opponents about our "district being so weak", "we hadn't played anyone", etc. And despite Gilmer coming in to the that game as underdogs, I remember arguing those points on here and the "other" sites to the non believers.

Good Luck to both. Hopefully, I will get a chance to see both 3A matchups on Friday.

BTW, Go Eagles!

slingshot
12-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Argyle by 14+... they are that good.

CP3Dad
12-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm not the one that said it. I'm just repeating what a Graham poster said. And I'm making a point. Obviously, Argyle is ranked #1 in 3A for a reason, and has the credentials to back it up. I don't believe ANY team in 3A this season can put the whack attack on this particular group. But I do think this particular group COULD put a whacking on any other team they face. They've already done so in just about every single game this season. "Well, so has Fairfield", one might say. YEP, but so did Graham, too. That's my point.

I think Strength of Schedule and who a team plays does make a difference. We will see how good these "Chicken Hawks" are come Friday at Jerry World. I suspect they will give Argyle all they can handle. But it may be just the opposite. It has been all season for the Argyle Eagles against top competition.

And so did Shallowater. Just hoping for a tight game. Only seen one this year (Argyle vs. Gilmer), and it wasn't as close as the final score suggested. Certainly no disrespect to Gilmer. They whacked us in 2012, just as Argyle did last night. Good luck to both teams....see you at the Death Star.

Snotbubbles
12-15-2013, 12:50 PM
I have prepared some stats for those of you that like to look at those kind of things. Although I am an Argyle homer, I want to be educated for this game as a fan so that I can try to look at the game objectively prior to the game.

Fairfield
Opponent W/L 84-91
Opponent Average State Rank 426.6
Average Points Scored 57.3
Average Points Given Up 9.2
State Rank 19
National Rank 141

Argyle
Opponent W/L 106-73
Opponent Average State Rank 321.9
Average Points Scored 51.7
Average Points Given Up 12.7
State Rank 11
National Rank 84

By the looks of the above numbers, both teams have dynamic scoring offenses and shutdown defenses. Upon further analysis, Fairfield has not played nearly the teams that Argyle has, on the whole. Fairfield's best 4 wins came against Navasota (ranked 68 in TX), Rockdale (ranked 134 in TX), Connally (ranked 141 in TX), and Sinton (ranked 174 in TX). Argyle's best 4 wins came against Graham (ranked 30 in TX), Gilmer (ranked 37 in TX), Nolan Catholic (ranked 96 in TX), and Celina (ranked 111 in TX). Argyle has more quality wins than Fairfield. Now, this may not mean that Argyle will win, obviously, but it does mean that Argyle has been tested by teams closer to their talent level more often.

Going to keep digging into the numbers... Go Eagles! ... Argyle that is. :)

Good stuff and research right here. But, there's something about a team, more than likely, will not be a yearly deep playoff threat like an Argyle. Get it while ya can, cause tomorrow ain't promised. Possibly now or never for Fairfield.

Fairfield surges late and wins, 42-36.

So blessed to be able to witness this epic game. Many 3A fan's been wanting to see this one for the past month. It will be packed for this one. Of the ten state games this coming weekend, by far--the most anticipated IMO.

regaleagle
12-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Good stuff and research right here. But, there's something about a team, more than likely, will not be a yearly deep playoff threat like an Argyle. Get it while ya can, cause tomorrow ain't promised. Possibly now or never for Fairfield.

Fairfield surges late and wins, 42-36.

So blessed to be able to witness this epic game. Many 3A fan's been wanting to see this one for the past month. It will be packed for this one. Of the ten state games this coming weekend, by far--the most anticipated IMO.

:iagree: There seems to be a mystique over what this game may bring to the house and those in attendance. Refugio vs Cisco is a rematch of a 37-36 title game I witnessed 2 years ago when Argyle was there last. That game has a big mystique to it also. I believe that one will be played on Thurs. night.

PS>>>>Obviously, I don't agree with your take on the final score, LOL.

YTBulldogs
12-15-2013, 01:19 PM
I think both 3A state games will be the best of the 10. Will admit, the Cinderella story of FF fascinates the fan of Texas high school football. I too, will be there to see this year's slate of state games. Should provide the best ever entertainment to the fan, with these final's match ups.

lostaussie
12-15-2013, 01:35 PM
I think both 3A state games will be the best of the 10. Will admit, the Cinderella story of FF fascinates the fan of Texas high school football. I too, will be there to see this year's slate of state games. Should provide the best ever entertainment to the fan, with these final's match ups.I agree. I believe these to both be outstanding matchups!!

eagles_victory
12-15-2013, 03:10 PM
I've said since about Week 7 when it became clear how the brackets were probably going to shake out that the winner of Argyle/Gilmer would be the only team who I thought had an opportunity to beat FF. So it is certainly possible Argyle could win this game they have a great team they have been a major player the past few years, but some seem to think FF doesn't belong on the same field as Argyle certainly don't see it that way. I am bias (even though I am at a 4a now) but these 3a games are both going to be the best games to watch.

bobcat1
12-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Which Eagles team will soar higher? I don't know for sure but I am backing our District mates and have been since the playoffs began. I knew early on they were Special this year and you better believe they are! Sic 'em Arglye! Bring that 1st one home!

Celina8
12-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I too said early on that this Argyle team was special. Heck, I even posted that they would roll over my bobcats just like a Tank going over a speed bump! Some got mad at me as they just did not believe that Argyle was that good. Well, I was so right that it hurt...hurt bad! I just think this is Argyle's year. They just have that "IT " factor, so Argyle bring home that State Title that you so deserve!

eagleqb_14
12-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Fairfield by 14

toddg
12-16-2013, 12:08 AM
eerily similar to 2011 SC matchup between Alvarado vs Chapel Hill...The Indians tore through the season and playoffs..CH was clearly the fav to roll the Indians..bigger and faster and all..predictivley jumped to a 13-0 lead..in the last 90 seconds, Alvarado was on the CH 14..CH defense forced the turnover to get the ring 20-19..
dont underestimate Fairfield in this game, they are well coached and will punch you in the mouth

OldBison75
12-16-2013, 12:26 AM

Final 2012 AP Poll
Class 3A
5. La Marque (9-1) 161 5
7. Argyle (9-1) 73 8
8. El Campo (10-0) 65 9
9. Carthage (8-2) 46 10
10. Gilmer (9-1) 39

I have gone back a read the game threads about the championship game last year and find at least 14 references where people said that even though Navasota was higher ranked they did not have the "big game" experience that Gilmer has had as a program. They also said that we were underestimating the Gilmer young team that was playing so well.

I don't live in an alternate universe, my friend, I live in the present. I will only say that Fairfield would be a good matchup with Carthage in size, speed, and ability. They have a better pass defense than Carthage. Carthage has a better passing game. That said, I will stand by my pick. If I am wrong, I will be here after the game to eat crow.

regaleagle
12-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Hey OldBison75...wondering just in case...is there any particular way you like your crow, haha. You know I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. This is the last game of the season and it's high time to be a big homer.

waterboy
12-16-2013, 08:54 AM
This year has absolutely nothing to do with last year. Good grief! Navasota was the top team all last year, and proved it in the end. Nobody I knew ever really thought Gilmer would be in the finals, let alone win a championship. They kept winning and gave themselves the opportunity to play for it, though. I don't think anybody was delusional enough to think that Gilmer could win that game without playing a perfect game, AND hope Navasota made mistakes. Neither happened, and the result spoke for itself.

This year, I think the matchup is about as close as it gets. Two great teams having phenomenal seasons, that have dominated on their way to the finals. I see absolutely NO parallels this year compared to last year. The difference in this game will be who handles the bright lights and big stage the best. The teams are probably just that close. If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I think Argyle is just a smidgeon better, with a little more big game experience. All things equal, I think I have to give the edge to Argyle. I think Argyle will win, and finally get that trophy they were so close to getting a couple of years ago.

jason
12-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Was excited to see these two make the finals. Should make for an entertaining game.
I'll be there for all 3 Friday.
I'll be pulling for Kilgore in the d1 final.
Don't really care about the d2, just want a good game - guess I'll root for Fairfield in the underdog role.

OldBison75
12-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey OldBison75...wondering just in case...is there any particular way you like your crow, haha. You know I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. This is the last game of the season and it's high time to be a big homer.

Hey, If I am gonna eat the crow, I am not particular what way it is served. One thing I can tell you is that if you look back over the years I have posted on this board, I have no trouble admitting when I am wrong. Talked a lot of crap to LH and had to eat crow. I talked crap to Chapel Hill and ate crow. And yes, I talked crap to Gilmer when they beat us at Lufkin a few years ago--and had to eat some pretty tasty crow. (The Gilmer fans were very nice after that game and prepared it very well)

I have my opinion and you guys have yours--one of us is wrong. It won't be the only time I an wrong - even today.

coach
12-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Was excited to see these two make the finals. Should make for an entertaining game.
Don't really care about the d2, just want a good game - guess I'll root for Fairfield in the underdog role.

You better root for FF

mwynn05
12-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Don't really care about the d2, just want a good game - guess I'll root for Fairfield in the underdog role. like coach said, you better. and in response to your txt since i dont have service... I cant go, we have a game. Go Fairfield

Darryl
12-16-2013, 09:45 PM
As a fan of High School Football I stepped down from 4A this year to follow 3A. Glad I did because I've watched some really exciting games. I've watched Graham, Kilgore, Stephenville. Gilmer, and FairFeild, along with Argyle. I'm gonna make my prediction that Argyle wins by 10.
FF has an outstanding team and set a new record, but the three Argyle games I watched this year the starters never played past the midway point of the 3rd quarter. Argyle could have easily broke the same record. The only game I went to that Argle starters played the whole game was Gilmer, and the score didnt do that game no justice. Argyle dominated the whole game, and that #5 played every position on offense except the line. The young man is a beast! This is going to be a very well coached and played games on both side. However, after watching FF play, I don't think they can put Argyle away.

Boisebronco14
12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
We're gonna beat them chicken hawks from Fairfield.
You must have fail down and hit your head so I will let that comment slide. Your about to get to witness a real eagles football squad. Get your popcorn ladies and enjoy the highlights!!!

firstdown
12-16-2013, 09:50 PM
As a fan of High School Football I stepped down from 4A this year to follow 3A. Glad I did because I've watched some really exciting games. I've watched Graham, Kilgore, Stephenville. Gilmer, and FairFeild, along with Argyle. I'm gonna make my prediction that Argyle wins by 10.
FF has an outstanding team and set a new record, but the three Argyle games I watched this year the starters never played past the midway point of the 3rd quarter. Argyle could have easily broke the same record. The only game I went to that Argle starters played the whole game was Gilmer, and the score didnt do that game no justice. Argyle dominated the whole game, and that #5 played every position on offense except the line. The young man is a beast! This is going to be a very well coached and played games on both side. However, after watching FF play, I don't think they can put Argyle away.

Welcome to the dark side my other brother Darryl. :cool:

YTBulldogs
12-16-2013, 09:54 PM

It's why they play the game. We are so blessed to get to see this one for sure.

hollywood
12-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Haven't watched either team play, but am very excited I get to Friday!

I don't have anything to go on about who will win this game. I'm going with Argyle because I have them winning against Fairfield in my bracket! And I believe Argyle has the team this year to finish at the top. Arguably the best team in 3A football this season.

coach
12-16-2013, 10:53 PM

Fairfield starters have only played one full game and that was against navasota...

ADKargyleTCU12
12-16-2013, 11:49 PM

+1000 Argyle did dominate Gilmer. Sadler will not be stopped. Argyle wins.

OldBison75
12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
One stat that is not being talked about is the takeaway - giveaway ratio for Fairfield. Fairfield had lost four fumbles and had 8 interceptions thrown this year in 15 games. On the defensive side, they have 22 interceptions and 24 fumble recoveries. That is 12 giveaways and 46 takeaways.

Fairfield will not beat themselves but might cause the other team a mistake or two.

regaleagle
12-17-2013, 02:27 AM
One stat that is not being talked about is the takeaway - giveaway ratio for Fairfield. Fairfield had lost four fumbles and had 8 interceptions thrown this year in 15 games. On the defensive side, they have 22 interceptions and 24 fumble recoveries. That is 12 giveaways and 46 takeaways.

Fairfield will not beat themselves but might cause the other team a mistake or two.

Not sure what Argyle's is, but I know they have alot a fumble recoveries and interceptions(5 last week). Boyzuick didn't throw very many interceptions, and I don't know how many fumbles Argyle lost. It wasn't that much. I'll go to Maxpreps and see if its listed...then post it back here if it is.

Deuce
12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
+1000 Argyle did dominate Gilmer. Sadler will not be stopped. Argyle wins.

While Sandler is a very dynamic player, Ralston will be the key for Argyle. That kid is almost unstoppable!

BullBoy
12-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Argyle by 28, I believe they are that good.

Emerson1
12-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Argyle by 42.

YTBulldogs
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
LOL. Lord I hope not E. I been wanting to see this one for a month now. When someone mentioned the '83 Daingerfield club when talking about FF, I hoped they'd make it so I can see them, and compare myself.

coach
12-17-2013, 11:06 AM
LOL. Lord I hope not E. I been wanting to see this one for a month now. When someone mentioned the '83 Daingerfield club when talking about FF, I hoped they'd make it so I can see them, and compare myself.

LOL. we are nowhere near that good defensively.

STUDMYSTRO
12-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Argyle wins this game plain and simple. This year I think they are the very best that 3A has to offer.

YTBulldogs
12-17-2013, 04:02 PM
LOL. we are nowhere near that good defensively.

Kinda what I thought. Not sure anyone will be. That was some crazy numbers back in 1983. Thanks coach.

coach
12-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Kinda what I thought. Not sure anyone will be. That was some crazy numbers back in 1983. Thanks coach.

However we have smashed the offensive records and our starters have played a full game only once.

YTBulldogs
12-17-2013, 04:18 PM
However we have smashed the offensive records and our starters have played a full game only once.

Yeah, I seen that. Impressive. Not sure, with today's offenses, only 8 points allowed all year as Daingerfield gave up, will ever be repeated.

toddg
12-17-2013, 05:14 PM
though i have picked Argyle..something tells me this Fairfield team aint going to be an easy nut to crack as most seem to think..i will not be suprised to see Fairfield find a way...

Boisebronco14
12-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Fairfield plays with something Argyle will never play with... And that's heart. I have seen Argyle play and I am not that impressed. Kinda reminds me of the Cowboys a lot of hype and build up but always under delivers in the end. However the lady eagles I mean the Argyle Eagles will get their chance to prove me wrong Friday!!! See ya Friday ladies!!!

Aguilafanatico
12-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Fairfield plays with something Argyle will never play with... And that's heart. I have seen Argyle play and I am not that impressed. Kinda reminds me of the Cowboys a lot of hype and build up but always under delivers in the end. However the lady eagles I mean the Argyle Eagles will get their chance to prove me wrong Friday!!! See ya Friday ladies!!!

A classless post like that could only come from a drunk or an A--hole. Gauging from your profile (College -Boise St / Home- Mansfield) your are likely both.

Boisebronco14
12-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Nice... The stories are true about you guys just a classy bunch of citizens down there in Argyle. Real quick to judge a person by where they chose to go to school or live. Just trying to generate some healthy competition is all. A lil harmless trash talk my kind sir is all I was doing.

regaleagle
12-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Nice... The stories are true about you guys just a classy bunch of citizens down there in Argyle. Real quick to judge a person by where they chose to go to school or live. Just trying to generate some healthy competition is all. A lil harmless trash talk my kind sir is all I was doing.

I think you will be more than impressed if you watch the game on Friday. The players do their talking on the field of battle. Sure....we've coasted in alot of games this season....why not??? When the game is in hand, what do you expect the guys to do....get injured??? But when it's crunch time, the Eagles will crunch.

bearbear78
12-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Fairfield Eagles 43
Argyle Eagles 35

regaleagle
12-17-2013, 11:50 PM
BTW, I am very impressed with the Argyle coaches this year because the penalties on the Eagles have been way down over the course of the year. That's the result of good coaching. Penalties can lose games for a team sometimes....even just a motion penalty. Overall, Argyle has played more "clean" games this season than any season I can remember. I know Coach Rodgers has stressed being disciiplined and how that affects everybody and the way the team plays the whole season.

Aguilafanatico
12-17-2013, 11:56 PM

Judging the heart and manhood of the Argyle team is the issue here. You have not been around this team all year. All of the Eagles (both teams) have worked their tails off to get to this point. Heartless ladies don't make it to Texas state football championship games. Good luck to Fairfield, the "lady" Argyle Eagles will prove their heart and resolve on Friday.

regaleagle
12-17-2013, 11:59 PM
I think many of the fans from Fairfield and Argyle are very anxious about this game, but don't really want to say anything negative about the other team. I mean....what can you say??? Both teams have won every game in convincing fashion all season long. You think I'm gonna say "Oh....we're gonna beat the dawg outta Fairfield because we played stiffer competition!" Hey....that's a pretty good reason, haha.

waterboy
12-18-2013, 08:41 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This game could go either way, and I think what it boils down to is who handles the bright lights and big stage the best. That means that turnovers, mental mistakes, and execution will win or lose this one. Both teams are very good, and have earned the right to be here. This will be a battle, and may the best Eagles win!

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2013, 08:44 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This game could go either way, and I think what it boils down to is who handles the bright lights and big stage the best. That means that turnovers, mental mistakes, and execution will win or lose this one. Both teams are very good, and have earned the right to be here. This will be a battle, and may the best Eagles win!

Argyle has been on this field in Arlington before in 2011. The stadium in itself is intimidating. Fairfield players will spend a considerable amount of time at first just staring up at themselves on the giant videoboard.

Also, if Fairfield can't stop "Sandler" this game has the potential to be a laugher.

eagles_victory
12-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Argyle has been on this field in Arlington before in 2011. The stadium in itself is intimidating. Fairfield players will spend a considerable amount of time at first just staring up at themselves on the giant videoboard.

Good factual based analysis right there. ESPN or Fox Sports 1 called you yet.

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2013, 09:43 AM
It IS based on fact, as I myself even as a spectator last year spent a considerable amount of time staring up at the videoboard.

You will have the term "State Farm" emblazoned into your visual imagery memory bank after this game, along with the UIL logo.

Argyle, based on what their coach said in a pregame interview I heard, DOES believe in the intimidation factor against the "country boys" (as he called Graham last week) . You are arguably the most countrified of country boys they've faced yet. They are counting on you having a "country comes to town" kind of awe when you step off the buses Friday.

Aguilafanatico
12-18-2013, 10:12 AM
It IS based on fact, as I myself even as a spectator last year spent a considerable amount of time staring up at the videoboard.

You will have the term "State Farm" emblazoned into your visual imagery memory bank after this game, along with the UIL logo.

Argyle, based on what their coach said in a pregame interview I heard, DOES believe in the intimidation factor against the "country boys" (as he called Graham last week) . You are arguably the most countrified of country boys they've faced yet. They are counting on you having a "country comes to town" kind of awe when you step off the buses Friday.

I think the "country boys" reference came from the "country boys hitting Argyle and Sadler in the mouth" banter that was going on prior to the Graham game. There was quite a bit of that going on and it was definitely referenced by the Eagle players during the week leading up to the game. That term was thrown out there by Graham, not Argyle. Not sure Coach Rodgers is counting on "country boys" showing up at AT&T as part of a game plan. I do believe that experience can play a factor here though. 33 seniors on the Argyle team have played in a SC game at AT&T.

Where is this pregame interview you are referencing?

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2013, 10:24 AM
If they archive the pregame interview, it was in the interview Coach Rodgers gave before the Graham game. He called it the Metroplex versus the country boys, as I recall. It was an interesting interview. He is very articulate, as I would've expected him to be. I did not know it was the Graham people who had first used the term. Thanks for providing that context.

But one of the reasons I think this game may not even be close is because of the number of big games Argyle has been in over the last decade compared to the newcomer on the big stage, Fairfield.

EVERYTHING has to go right for Fairfield for them to win this and a few things have to go wrong for Argyle. Just IMO, of course. If Fairfield comes out and donkey-stomps Argyle, I'll be back on her to eat my crow.

Aguilafanatico
12-18-2013, 10:43 AM
If they archive the pregame interview, it was in the interview Coach Rodgers gave before the Graham game. He called it the Metroplex versus the country boys, as I recall. It was an interesting interview. He is very articulate, as I would've expected him to be. I did not know it was the Graham people who had first used the term. Thanks for providing that context.

But one of the reasons I think this game may not even be close is because of the number of big games Argyle has been in over the last decade compared to the newcomer on the big stage, Fairfield.

EVERYTHING has to go right for Fairfield for them to win this and a few things have to go wrong for Argyle. Just IMO, of course. If Fairfield comes out and donkey-stomps Argyle, I'll be back on her to eat my crow.

Argyle has a very healthy respect for Fairfield. They have not gotten this far by luck or mistake. That said, we like our team and feel great about our chances. Argyle could get beat but if they do it will be a hard fought game and I certainly would not expect to see this group get "donkey-stomped". Too much talent, character, and a ton of proud, experienced seniors.

When the season began, Argyle was ranked at or near the top of 3A due to the amount of top end talent and the returning experience at almost every position, none of which has changed. So I would ask, if talented returning experience (33 seniors, most of whom played in this game 2 yrs ago) is going to show up the most, when would that be? I would suggest when the lights are brightest. Nothing is guaranteed but I would prefer to have that experience on my side.

JOBU
12-18-2013, 10:50 AM

You can bet we are ready to come to town. Everyone in town has pitched in by selling a hog, or cow so them boys could get new shoes to wear to that big ole stadium. Even got us some new overalls to wear too. Now we won't have holes in our britches and our toes hanging out of our shoes. I even had to fix my fence since I took the cow bell off the dairy cow so I could bring it to the game. Yippie we can't wait!!! Haha!! Lol

CP3Dad
12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I think the "country boys" reference came from the "country boys hitting Argyle and Sadler in the mouth" banter that was going on prior to the Graham game. There was quite a bit of that going on and it was definitely referenced by the Eagle players during the week leading up to the game. That term was thrown out there by Graham, not Argyle. Not sure Coach Rodgers is counting on "country boys" showing up at AT&T as part of a game plan. I do believe that experience can play a factor here though. 33 seniors on the Argyle team have played in a SC game at AT&T.

Where is this pregame interview you are referencing?

33 sophmores in a 7 point SC game...now that's an impressive 2013 class.

CP3Dad
12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
33 sophmores in a 7 point SC game...now that's an impressive 2013 class.

correction: 2014 graduates, I suppose

CP3Dad
12-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Also, if Fairfield can't stop "Sandler" this game has the potential to be a laugher.

Now that's punny, very punny indeed.

YTBulldogs
12-18-2013, 11:03 AM
You can bet we are ready to come to town. Everyone in town has pitched in by selling a hog, or cow so them boys could get new shoes to wear to that big ole stadium. Even got us some new overalls to wear too. Now we won't have holes in our britches and our toes hanging out of our shoes. I even had to fix my fence since I took the cow bell off the dairy cow so I could bring it to the game. Yippie we can't wait!!! Haha!! Lol

Get'r done Fairfield. Texas country folk is rooting ya on. I knew when ya got running water last year, ya'll was gonna be good.

waterboy
12-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Yep, it seems I've been hearing the same dadgum names at Argyle for 4 years now. Oh, wait....I HAVE! Lol!

Experience is definitely not something Argyle is short on. If they get beat, it won't be because of a lack of experience. It'll be because the other team (Fairfield) is just plain better. I think it'll be a close game myself, but I have to give the edge to Argyle.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-18-2013, 11:34 AM

C'mon man, don't do that. You cannot question the heart of a team playing for the state championship game. Make me sick that someone would post something like this. You will see heart on Friday.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-18-2013, 11:38 AM
you can bet we are ready to come to town. Everyone in town has pitched in by selling a hog, or cow so them boys could get new shoes to wear to that big ole stadium. Even got us some new overalls to wear too. Now we won't have holes in our britches and our toes hanging out of our shoes. I even had to fix my fence since i took the cow bell off the dairy cow so i could bring it to the game. Yippie we can't wait!!! Haha!! Lol

lol!!!!!

lostaussie
12-18-2013, 11:50 AM
though i have picked Argyle..something tells me this Fairfield team aint going to be an easy nut to crack as most seem to think..i will not be suprised to see Fairfield find a way...this is exactly where I am with this game. I really think it will be a pretty even matchup.

lostaussie
12-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Fairfield plays with something Argyle will never play with... And that's heart. I have seen Argyle play and I am not that impressed. Alrighty, I guess the Argyle boys ain't got no heart?? We must not have watched the same team..........those kids are winners. They may not win this game.........but they play the game the right way. I've watched it 4 years in a row. I know good kids when i see them. Don't have a clue what you been watching.

Sweetwater Red
12-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Alrighty, I guess the Argyle boys ain't got no heart?? We must not have watched the same team..........those kids are winners. They may not win this game.........but they play the game the right way. I've watched it 4 years in a row. I know good kids when i see them. Don't have a clue what you been watching.

I don't think he's trying to discredit Argyle. I believe he's just got a vested interest in this year's Fairfield team aussie.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?124541-True-heroes

eagles_victory
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
No discredit to Argyle here just think Fairfield has come too far to get caught in the bright lights or get "happy to be here syndrome" . It is going to be a great game and whichever team wins is going have to do it playing well you won't bring your "C" game and win this one. I just think in the end I believe Fairfield has what it takes to bring it home.

lynyrdskynyrd
12-18-2013, 03:13 PM

:1omg!::spitlol: Now that's funny! I don't care who you are.

Emerson1
12-18-2013, 04:22 PM
The teams will get there when, 3-4 hours before their game? I think that's plenty of time to get over being on the big screen. I highly doubt that these Argyle players who would have been 14-15 and in their JV uniforms last time are just SOOO used to it they have some kind of distinct advantage.

RPF2666
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
The teams will get there when, 3-4 hours before their game? I think that's plenty of time to get over being on the big screen. I highly doubt that these Argyle players who would have been 14-15 and in their JV uniforms last time are just SOOO used to it they have some kind of distinct advantage.

A bunch of them had their 'Big Boy Pants On' 2 years ago and were BIG parts of that team. Don't sell the 'experience factor' short.

waterboy
12-18-2013, 05:03 PM
A bunch of them had their 'Big Boy Pants On' 2 years ago and were BIG parts of that team. Don't sell the 'experience factor' short.

No kidding. There's several players that played there two years ago. I've heard the a lot of the same dadgum names for at least 3 to 4 years. Argyle will lose quite a bit to graduation after this season.

Cam
12-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Good luck to both teams!.....and to coach Styron!!.....

Plus, I just had to post to tie the post count at 100 between this thread and the Carthage/Kilgore thread......

Sambrown100
12-18-2013, 09:04 PM

Yee haw. Lol

Sambrown100
12-18-2013, 09:15 PM

Hopefully this post was to stir things up but my location says Fairfield and that's not classy talk. If your from FF you would be proud enough to post it. Not true FF way of thinking sir.

Tejastrue
12-19-2013, 12:29 AM

Where is this pregame interview you are referencing? Sorry, I have to call you out that 33 sophomores (now seniors) played in the SC game of 2011. They may have been on the sidelines but not on the field. I do hope you guys take home the crown though....those sophomores that did play were damn good so it would be only fitting for them to finally get their due, especially Sadler. Needless to say I am pulling for Argyle and wish them the best of luck. Go Argyle Eagles!!

ADKargyleTCU12
12-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Here is an article on Argyle Junior RB, Nick Ralston: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/high-schools/high-school-football-headlines/20131218-football-argyle-record-setting-ralston-get-another-shot-at-title.ece

Go Argyle Eagles!

Bullaholic
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Once again thinking about this game and I can only comment on Argyle, who I have seen firsthand. The primary strength of Argyle is their versatility. They have the athletes and experience to play any type of game on both sides of the ball necessary to get the win. Fairfield may be equally versatile--I just don't know--but they will have to match this versatility and lack of weaknesses to get the win. Perhaps they can exploit and dictate to Argyle as no one has done so far. Can't wait to find out.

Bullaholic
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Doesn't Argyle play basically a 10-1 defense?

CP3Dad
12-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Feels a bit like a 12-4 defense.

regaleagle
12-19-2013, 01:16 PM
What they play is a darn good man-to-man in the secondary....so it feels like all the guys are on the LOS.

Against the run, this kind of defense is tougher to hit big gains against. The speed of the secondary can usually make up any difference in a quick hitter....otherwise they wouldn't be playing man-to-man, LOL.

regaleagle
12-19-2013, 01:27 PM
What they play is a darn good man-to-man in the secondary....so it feels like all the guys are on the LOS.

Against the run, this kind of defense is tougher to hit big gains against. The speed of the secondary can usually make up any difference in a quick hitter....otherwise they wouldn't be playing man-to-man, LOL.

I reckon Coach Rodgers and his Staff will have a defensive strategy to help offset the speed of Larry Rose, though. BULL nailed it when he spoke of the versatility of the Argyle team. The adjustments the Argyle coaches call for during the games is usually successfully implemented by these players. They are all very athletic and have lots of football savvy. The not only understand.....but actually work well to put those schemes into effect properly right away.

firstdown
12-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Feels a bit like a 12-4 defense.

:spitlol:

ADKargyleTCU12
12-19-2013, 02:32 PM

Yes, basically. Senior safety, Connor Wilson plays a one deep safety. The D-Line gets enough pressure to allow the secondary to play man to man while Wilson plays centerfield back there.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Argyle Junior RB, Nick Ralston received his first offer from Arizona State today!

ADKargyleTCU12
12-20-2013, 01:17 AM
From Dave Campbell's High School Special...

3A Division II State Championship
Argyle (15-0) vs. Fairfield (15-0)
4 p.m. Friday at AT&T Stadium

I’ll be honest with you: I have exactly no feel for this game. None. You could come up to me right now and say, “I’m from the future, and Argyle won this game by 40” and I’d believe you. Or you could say “Fairfield won by 40” and I’d believe you. Or “it ended in a tie” and I’d believe you. Like I said: no feel. Here’s what we do know: Argyle is super-good. They’ve got playmakers on both sides of the ball, but none more exciting than Ian Sadler, the RB/WR/DB whom the Eagles will try to get the ball in any kind of way. He’s hardly the only weapon – RB Nick Ralston has been money in the playoffs, and QB Blake Boyzuick has been tremendous – but he’s the gamebreaker. And, of course, there’s the defense, who smothered Graham’s powerful attack last week. So there’s that. And where’s what we know about Fairfield: They’ve been awesome. The Eagles have already set the 3A scoring record behind RB Larry Rose and QB Jacob Gallegos, but most impressive about them is their offensive line, which has pushed people around all year. Oh, and the defense is suffocating, between DE Dedrick Garner, Devin Eggins and Jeremiah Simpson. What gives? Here’s the thing about this game (I think, because remember: I have no feel for this game): we know Argyle is really good – they’ve beaten Gilmer, Celina, Graham and other big-time teams. We’re pretty darn sure Fairfield is really good – they did beat Navasota, after all – but they maybe haven’t run the gauntlet that Argyle has. And in a game that again I have no feel for, I lean toward the devil I know. One thing to remember: Argyle has one of the best kickers in the country in Cole Hedlund, and indoors, he could be a huge game-changer. Of course, if you have a time machine, go there and tell me what happens. It’ll help me with this game.

Tepper’s pick: Argyle 38, Fairfield 35

Deuce
12-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Argyle Junior RB, Nick Ralston received his first offer from Arizona State today!

Better things on the horizon for this kid!

Dawgkillr
12-20-2013, 08:26 AM

Congrats & well deserved.

bobcat1
12-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Good luck and health to both teams today. Safe travels for all going to and from the games. Bring it home to Denton County Argyle!

ADKargyleTCU12
12-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Here is a preview of each of Argyle's wins this season: http://issuu.com/lmcbride/docs/high_school_highlights?e=1568302/6084864

Here is a preview of the FF-Argyle game: http://issuu.com/lmcbride/docs/high_school_gameday?e=1568302/6084858

I will not be able to make it to the game because I have to work but am confident that my Argyle Eagles will bring back their first title. Go Eagles!

PEdropout
12-20-2013, 03:50 PM
T minus 70 minutes until SHOWTIME!
Carthage and Kilgore is starting to heat up, but my guess is that game will be a snoozer compared to the lights-out clash between Argyle and Fairfield!
LEt's get it going !

SintonFan_inAustin
12-20-2013, 05:00 PM
just voted

Good luck to both, going with the team that I've seen as my vote.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Argyle too much for Fairfield so far. I think this game will be more than a 14 pt win for Argyle.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Cole Hedlund, good! Soccer Good! Hedlund and Salder are both well respected soccer players at the top level. Good showing Argyle!

Dub-C
12-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Larry Rose = Floyd Bess

SintonFan_inAustin
12-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Larry Rose = Floyd Bess

Some of Fairfield players remind me of 2010 Columbia players.

ccmom
12-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Argyle too much for Fairfield so far. I think this game will be more than a 14 pt win for Argyle.

I don't know Hollywood....not ready to write off Fairfield just yet. They seem be settling down and adjusting. I am a big believer in this Argyle team but FF didn't get here by accident. Hoping this shapes up to be a good one!!

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Wow...

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Uh oh. Look out Argyle 17-17. They are 15-0 for nothing.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Some of Fairfield players remind me of 2010 Columbia players.

We have at least one thing in common...

Noticed last week that we share the same school song.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Uh oh... Got a ball game boys and girls.

Old Tiger
12-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Fairfield gets the ball to start the second half too, correct?

hollywood
12-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes, Fairfield gets ball second half.

This is a better game to watch than the noon game so far.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Wow...what a call.

They get a TD anyway...lol

hollywood
12-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Wow, even better second call!

SintonFan_inAustin
Argyle too much for Fairfield so far. I think this game will be more than a 14 pt win for Argyle. :) hmmm...

Old Tiger
What a crazy end of the half!

ccmom
Holy &$:(!!!!! Wow!!

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Fairfield fans are awesome!!!

hollywood
12-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Great game!

defense51
12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
This Fairfield team is scrappy!

ccmom
12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Not sure how that frowny face ended up there!! Haha

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Hollywood you are the absolute crow king!!! Haha, never seen anything like it. You make C&C last year look like Nostradamus!!

99IHSMustang
12-20-2013, 06:22 PM
FF came alive in the 2nd qtr. what a performance and a momentum shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

HEMOTOXIC
12-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Any believers yet?

Bullaholic
12-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Very impressed with Fairfield. They never folded and brought it back to go ahead. It will all hinge on how Argyle reacts and adjusts after they have been struck by lightning several times. No doubt about Fairfield's abilities, though.

Sweetwater Red
12-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Any believers yet?

We are sitting in a section full of Fairfield, Carthage, and Brennan fans and
they all seem to be cheering for Fairfield including us. So, I'd say yes to that.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 06:48 PM
First half stats...

Argyle
Fairfield

First Downs

Rushing Yards

Passing Yards

Total Yards

Turnovers

Opp. Pts Off

Plays of 30 Yds +
3*

* All TDs

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Man Argyle's Special Teams are outstanding!!

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Wow...just like that Argyle takes the lead.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Man Argyle's Special Teams are outstanding!!

Right on Q...Touchdown Sadler. Man that kid is a beast. These are both really good teams, but Fairfield making more mistakes. Special teams have been the difference so far in this one.

83Indian
Sadler is a beast!

refereedoc
How was Sadler 2nd team AP all state? What a man among boys!

defense51
12-20-2013, 07:02 PM
How was Sadler 2nd team AP all state? What a man among boys!

He's a flat out stud, and fun to watch!

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Argyle about to score 21 unanswered.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 07:06 PM

I'm afraid your right in that one. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and a while :-).

Papá Oso
12-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Score and time please?

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Score and time please?

31-24 Argyle

4:19 3rd

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Score and time please?

31-24 Argyle

4:31 3rd

Fairfield just picked off Argyle

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Now this is a ball game!!

Two great offenses going against two great defenses.

defense51
12-20-2013, 07:10 PM
What a catch!!!

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm afraid your right in that one. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and a while :-).

Big stop...Argyle stepped up.

Papá Oso
12-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Many Thanks, sounds like another great finish could be in the cards.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:12 PM

LOL... :thumbsup:

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Argyle holds on 4th and goal.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Should have went for the FG...

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 07:15 PM
:ditto:
Now this is a ball game!!

Two great offenses going against two great defenses.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Wow, what a play.

99IHSMustang
12-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Wow, what a play.

Yes it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 07:19 PM
This is a great game. Can't say how impressed I am with Fairfield's fans. I wish Carthage was more like that!!

defense51
12-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Fairfield refuses to go away!

Manso/V8
12-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Argyle finally gets flagged for pass interference.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 07:23 PM

Wrong again!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-20-2013, 07:25 PM

agree

refereedoc
22,071 attendance for this game. Wow!

Sweetwater Red

No kidding.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Back and forth...

Great game.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Wrong again!!!

LOL... Simply just a guess. It's ok Dawgs.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow, what a game.!!

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Argyle D too much! Argyle wins! Just take a knee now.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Wow...

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 07:49 PM

I think you will get this right, bro!

Celina8
12-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Great Game very impressed with Fairfield just one guy to beat and maybe a different outcome. Congratulations to the Argyle Eagles on your first Football State Championship. I said all year long Argyle just has that "IT" factor this year.

hollywood
12-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Congrats Argyle! Great first State Championship!

Fantastic season Fairfield! Great accomplishment!

Sville
12-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Wow what a great game! Congrats Argyle on the 'Ship! Congrats to Fairfield on a great season!

83Indian
Congrats Argyle. Great game. Top 4 teams in 3a pretty dang close.

Roughneck93
Congrats Argyle!

What a run by Fairfield. Congrats on a great season.

defense51
Congrats to Argyle on a State championship, and to Fairfield for a great season!

toddg
12-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Great game! Rose and Sadler both greatness! Good defense in this game too!!

lostaussie
12-20-2013, 07:56 PM
A big thank you to BOTH teams. You did not disapoint. Congrats Argyle.......you deserve it. :clap::clap::clap:

Saggy Aggie
12-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Fairfield was the better team. Argyle better tonight. Congrats

Bullaholic
12-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Two of the best and most complete smaller classification teams I have ever seen. Congrats to an excellent Argyle team--they have been close to a state SC a couple of times and now the 3rd time is the charm. Congrats to an impressive Fairfield team for an incredible game and a great season---they just ran out of time.

bobcat1
12-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Absolutely a fantastic game! #3 for Fairfield was a stud for sure. Congrats Fairfield on a great Season! Argyle, Congrats on your 1st State Championship. Ian Sadler was as advertised. Heck of a game. I wasn't sure who was going to get it done. Finally Defense wins Championships!

gatordaze
12-20-2013, 08:08 PM

How do you figure that? Argyle beat much better competition and Fairfield. Aggie gonna Aggie!

Celina8
12-20-2013, 08:08 PM

I think I am just going to get some popcorn see what happens!

RPF2666
12-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Congrats to Argyle on a tough win for the first Championship!

PhiI C
12-20-2013, 08:10 PM
A great game by two great teams.

refereedoc
12-20-2013, 08:11 PM

Wow!

hollywood
12-20-2013, 08:14 PM
The better team won! Period. And both were healthy! Even Stephen!

Sadler vs Rose... Argyle won.

PEdropout
12-20-2013, 08:15 PM
I saw nothing but heart from Fairfield tonight! This game had me screaming at my TV the ENTIRE time! Came down to the wire just like a state championship game should!
Argyle's key to victory seemed to come on the quick strikes early, and Fairfield took over from there. I think that Ross just ran outta steam there in the 4th, and they put him back in too early. With the momentum they had, and the ability to make BIG plays against Argyle, I think it would've been a different outcome had they kicked a fieldgoal and let Ross rest.

Eagles relied heavily on Sadler to get it done in this game! More so than I've seen all season. Every other offensive playmaker was virtually a non-factor.
This game didn't disappoint at all! Congratulations to my Argyle Eagles, been watching you boys play for years now and cant express how proud I am.
To Fairfield, next year you boys will be dangerous! I'm hoping for another Argyle/Fairfield meeting, as these two teams and communities honor the game of football.

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2013, 08:16 PM
I didn't see any mention upthread of the TERRIBLE call on the safety.

I am so glad Argyle won, because if Fairfield had scored on that last drive and won 40-38, it would've been a disputed outcome forevermore because of that blown call which cost Argyle two points.

Congrats to Fairfield, though. You gave the other Eagles a far better game than I thought you would. It was just their time. They won't be in your division anymore. That's the first and last time you'll ever play them.

Sville
12-20-2013, 08:32 PM

I am so glad Argyle won, because if Fairfield had scored on that last drive and won 40-38, it would've been a disputed outcome forevermore because of that blown call which cost Argyle two points.

Congrats to Fairfield, though. You gave the other Eagles a far better game than I thought you would. It was just their time. They won't be in your division anymore. That's the first and last time you'll ever play them.

It was not a blown call. Sadler fumbled the ball when he was hit at the 1 and regained possession in the endzone. It was the correct call.

Bullaholic
12-20-2013, 08:36 PM

You talking about the safety call, Agil? I sort of wondered about that myself. Sadler looked like he was hit inside the 1 and knocked into the endzone. Thought maybe the ball would be spotted based on forward progress. Oh well, no matter now.

CP3Dad
12-20-2013, 08:38 PM
It was not a blown call. Sadler fumbled the ball when he was hit at the 1 and regained possession in the endzone. It was the correct call.

Agree 100%...but I had to see the replay to be sure...call was correct...anyways, great game was won and lost by two great teams...that's why I came for the first time and why I'll be back as often as I can....Thank you Argyle and Fairfield for a tremendous experience!!!

PEdropout
12-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Where is DAWGs ??? I believe he has some some serious crow to eat....

Sweetwater Red
12-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Congrats to Fairfield on a breakthrough season. I had a great time
watching the Eagles play the last two weeks.

Hats off to Argyle on their SC run. They got it done tonight in all
three phases of the game.

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2013, 08:51 PM

I'll take your word for it. I didn't see the fumble and I thought the play had been whistled dead when he stopped making forward progress. Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough, but it appeared to me he still had possession when the whistle SHOULD HAVE BEEN blown. Whether it was or not is another matter, of coursa.

Fortunately, the Argyle D took care of business there at the end and it's a moot point.

OldBison75
12-20-2013, 09:05 PM
First of all I want to congratulate Argyle on a great game and winning the state title. Second of all I want to congratulate the Fairfield Eagles on a great season and a fantastic showing in the game today. My only comments is that this was two very good teams that both played their hearts out and neither has a reason to gloat or to apologize for the final outcome. This was a game that was won fair and square and on this day Argyle was the better team.

Now, for the special tonight, I ordered crow and will gladly eat my prediction of Fairfield by 14. Argyle and Fairfield both played as hard as they could today and my team lost in this game. I do believe that the Fairfield Eagles made believers outta some people that doubted how good they really were.

By the way, I did pick Argyle to win it all in my pick'em brackets and Carthage to win in Division 1 so I got them both right there at least.

firstdown
12-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Fairfield is a great team. They showed a bunch of heart tonight to go with their talent. Congratulations on a great season.

buckeyebob
12-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Congratulations to the Argylians...job well done...you looked like a Texas State Champion. I hope we meet next fall.

Congratulations to Fairfield...prior to today, I knew nothing about you accept an exit to the north. You are a Tier 1 contender...good job...i hope we might hit the gridiron next fall...means we would both be in the run.

Congratulations to our neighbor, the Carthage Dawgs on their win. And to our District of Doom bretheren, the Kigore Bulldogs...you represented us very well. Four teams went deep & will be better for it.

All in all, it was a great way to finish up 3AFriday Night Football. Most will move on the 4A, some to the big boy Devision 1, the others of us to Divesion 2. It is really a great group of athletes & fans. I hope the friendships that have been developed around the 3A campfire continues to burn for 4A on the downlow...best of luck...7on7 is just around the corner, the band will play, i will blow my horn & shake the rattles...FNF will start again...and this year...

Inmateboss
12-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Man what a great game!! I wound up hollering for both !! Great job Argyle and Fairfield in a hard fought down to the wire State Championship!! Very proud for both teams!!

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Congrats Argyle on first Championship! Great season. Sadler one if the best HS players I have seen! Reminds me alot of Jaxon Shipley. Heartbreaking lose for Fairfield. Great season, and great fans. Too many mistakes tonight, but the future looks very bright. I was very impressed. In the end the more experienced a team won, and special teams proved to be the difference. Not taking anything away from Argyle, but I was more impressed with Fairfield the way they battled. In the end Sadler too much. Great kid finished a great career.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Where is DAWGs ??? I believe he has some some serious crow to eat....

Haha. I was just giving Hollywood the business. I did think Fairfield would pull ahead in the second half, but Sadler was too much. Kid is a beast. Congrats is in order for both teams for an outstanding performance. I'll take a half portion of crow if it makes anybody feel better.

Dawgs
12-20-2013, 09:43 PM
One last comment. Fairfield Eagles gained alot of new fans tonight, and Argyle proved finally put the cherry on top of a great program. Both were winners tonight.

Darryl
12-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Wow! Hats off to both teams tonight! I will say that I was very impressed with the way both teams fought. Fairfield has no need to hang their heads, they have outstanding talent, coaching, and tremendous heart. That was probably the best SC I have ever witnessed. Argyle 's defense had all it could handle tonight with Fairfields high potent offense. And Fairfiels high potent offense finally faced a defense that would go toe to toe with them and BALL! Sadler is my hero! This young man is one hell of a athlete. Congrats to the Argyle Eagles on your State Championship! You guys have shown through out the playoffs that you have heart, but also a mission to complete! You did that tonight against the best team you have played this year.
Mission Acomplished.............

Saggy Aggie
12-20-2013, 10:52 PM
How do you figure that? Argyle beat much better competition and Fairfield. Aggie gonna Aggie!

How much did Fairfield out gain them? 3 to 1?

Argyle caught a lot of breaks to keep a small lead and then made some great plays at the end to seal it.

If they played 10 times, Fairfield probably wins at least 7. That's just my opinion. I don't have any dog in the fight, it's just what I think based on what I saw.

Again, congratulations argyle. They only play once and they got it done.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Boxscore (http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/state-football/boxscores/Argyle-38-Fairfield-33.pdf)

Emerson1
12-20-2013, 11:25 PM
I'll take your word for it. I didn't see the fumble and I thought the play had been whistled dead when he stopped making forward progress. Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough, but it appeared to me he still had possession when the whistle SHOULD HAVE BEEN blown. Whether it was or not is another matter, of coursa.

Fortunately, the Argyle D took care of business there at the end and it's a moot point.

It shouldn't have been blown dead because he fumbled as soon as he was hit. Had he not fumbled forward progress likely would have been at the 1.

defense51
12-20-2013, 11:54 PM

Argyle caught a lot of breaks to keep a small lead and then made some great plays at the end to seal it.

If they played 10 times, Fairfield probably wins at least 7. That's just my opinion. I don't have any dog in the fight, it's just what I think based on what I saw.

Again, congratulations argyle. They only play once and they got it done. Good teams have a way of creating breaks, which is what I think Argyle did tonight. Both these teams were great and played like champions, Argyle was just a little better in the end. In my opinion, if they play ten times it's 5-5. Hats off to Argyle and Fairfield!

OldBison75
12-21-2013, 12:07 AM

Saggy, you could be right, but we will never know. Looking at the stats it shows that Fairfield offensively pretty much moved the ball at will. However, I also noticed that they had a low 3rd down conversion percentage and a very low red zone conversion percentage. That will kill a lot of times because it makes no difference if you run all over the field with ease if you can't score when you get in the red zone.

I think the stats show that Argyle got tough when they had to and therefore won the game.

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 12:08 AM
there were a couple of plays where PI should have been called on Argyle. Defenders arms were wrapped around receivers in key situations.

Manso/V8
12-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Yep, one of the uncalled PI's was on 4th and goal.

Nunnes
12-21-2013, 12:30 AM

Argyle also started most their drives with a shorter field, so they couldn't put up big offensive numbers.

I think the two int and the punt return TD were the difference.

regaleagle
12-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Great game by Larry Rose and the Fairfield offense tonite. The big front OLine for Fairfield, combined with a runner like Larry Rose, and a press defense like Argyle used made some of those big runs possible tonite. Rose would wait for a small hole to open, and he was in the Argyle secondary running free. If Coach Rodgers makes an adjustment to a more traditional defense, Rose probably doesn't get all the yards he did...but maybe Fairfield's passing game or the other runners for Fairfield do get the yardage. Argyle stuck with what got them there, even though it appeared to be the wrong defensive alignment to play this Fairfield team. When the field was shortened down inside the Red Zone, Fairfield's offense wasn't nearly as effective...as Argyle made several stops on them. Bend but don't break....except when Rose broke his runs all the way. Kudos to the Fairfield coaches for countering Argyle's press defense with Rose as the main ingredient....but also give credit to the Argyle defense for being able to take away the edges and the passing game of Fairfield. In the end, Argyle got it done without Sizelove and Hackney at their LB spots.....a tall order for any team to accomplish. It was an evenly matched game tonite, and Argyle made some mistakes. But they did just enough right to allow them to win. It was a great effort by both teams, but there can be only one. This year it was Argyle's time, overcoming adversity with depth and talent to win it all. Fairfield can hold their heads high on what they were able to accomplish this season. It was an exciting and captivating battle to the finish...truly a great game to watch.

Saggy Aggie
12-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Yep, one of the uncalled PI's was on 4th and goal.

I didn't necessarily disagree with that particular call. He was all over him before the ball was thrown but afterward just made a nice play on the ball. I agree with the just letting them play there. But there were at least 2 other plays where I thought Argyle should've been flagged and one really bad call where ff did get called for PI that set up an Argyle TD.

Fairfield was on the short end of the turnover margin, bad penalty calls, and lucky breaks like the fake punt and punt return TD. If not for that, I think they win somewhat comfortably... but that's all just a buncha ifs. Argyle is the champion.

regaleagle
12-21-2013, 01:09 AM
I didn't necessarily disagree with that particular call. He was all over him before the ball was thrown but afterward just made a nice play on the ball. I agree with the just letting them play there. But there were at least 2 other plays where I thought Argyle should've been flagged and one really bad call where ff did get called for PI that set up an Argyle TD.

Fairfield was on the short end of the turnover margin, bad penalty calls, and lucky breaks like the fake punt and punt return TD. If not for that, I think they win somewhat comfortably... but that's all just a buncha ifs. Argyle is the champion.

There's nothing LUCKY about what Ian Sadler did tonite.....he's done it before for his career at Argyle. If you had been more aware of his previous stats, you would not have posted the word LUCKY about Ian Sadler's uncanny abilities. Fairfield is only one in a long list of teams that have succumbed to his superb and uncanny abilities in the open field. His vision and decision-making abilities added to his athletic gifts makes him a premier threat any time he has the football. End of story.

Emerson1
12-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Stats are definitely skewed. Fairfield was too scared to kick it deep and couldn't punt it too far so Argyle started at the 40 it seemed like most drives. Fairfield had a 98 yard drive and another 90ish (somewhere around there) plus started every drive at the 20.

Is #3 for FF a senior?

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 01:26 AM
one of the 3 best state title games I've ever seen....what a treat we were given today

toddg
12-21-2013, 01:29 AM
one of the 3 best state title games I've ever seen....what a treat we were given today

Any of them involve Everman?...

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 01:33 AM
nope....1) Tatum vs. Farmersville 2007 2) Judson vs. Midland 2002 and this was 3rd

toddg
12-21-2013, 01:45 AM
nope....1) Tatum vs. Farmersville 2007 2) Judson vs. Midland 2002 and this was 3rd

SouthLake Carroll vs. Katy 2003 has to be in your top 5

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 01:48 AM
SouthLake Carroll vs. Katy 2003 has to be in your top 5

I wasnt at that game

Aguilafanatico
12-21-2013, 01:51 AM

I just wanted to point out that this team is more than just talent. Blood,sweat and tears left out on the field tonight. Eagles played with a ton of heart tonight and I am proud to say that I a a fan of this team. Proud to be an Eagle!!!!!

ADKargyleTCU12
12-21-2013, 03:01 AM
I just finished watching this game on my DVR since I had to work and was unable to make it to the game. Wow! What a game. Sadler and Rose were unstoppable. It was fun to watch those two guys making plays. Happy for my Argyle Eagles on their first football state championship and congratulations to Fairfield on a great season and valiant effort. Time to get these boys to the basketball court. Go Eagles! (both eagles).

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Sadler leaves it all on the field every game.

The only concern I have for him is that he plays with such wild abandon in terms of giving up his body so often.

It works at the high school level, but I wouldn't want to be his insurance carrier at the next levels (I use the plural form there because I think he's good enough to play on Sundays eventually).

Boisebronco14
12-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Wow I recant any previous statement... Much respect for Argyle and the men that played on that field. All played a classy straight up game. It was inch by inch yard by yard til the very end. One of the best games I have seen. Both teams left it out on the field and left with an equal respect for one another as well as the respect from both opposing fans!!! Congrats to both The Eagle teams for giving us one hell of a show!!!

toddg
12-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Wow I recant any previous statement... Much respect for Argyle and the men that played on that field. All played a classy straight up game. It was inch by inch yard by yard til the very end. One of the best games I have seen. Both teams left it out on the field and left with an equal respect for one another as well as the respect from both opposing fans!!! Congrats to both The Eagle teams for giving us one hell of a show!!!

As I watched this game.. I didn't want either team to lose

ctown81
12-21-2013, 09:13 AM
In another forum, I stated I was pulling for Fairfield but felt Argyle would win because Fairfield hasn't played real competition. I stated if they won I would eat my crow and be convince. Well......they lost but I will still eat my crow and I am a believer now. Congrats to Argyle and GREAT team Fairfield.

Saggy Aggie
12-21-2013, 09:41 AM
There's nothing LUCKY about what Ian Sadler did tonite.....he's done it before for his career at Argyle. If you had been more aware of his previous stats, you would not have posted the word LUCKY about Ian Sadler's uncanny abilities. Fairfield is only one in a long list of teams that have succumbed to his superb and uncanny abilities in the open field. His vision and decision-making abilities added to his athletic gifts makes him a premier threat any time he has the football. End of story.
Lol I was fully aware of what he can do. I never said his ability to make plays was luck. I was saying that argyle caught the majority of the lucky breaks in this game. I realize special teams is a part of the game, but that's what won it for argyle... Something that you just normally wouldn't rely as much on and would be considered lucky breaks

Pudlugger
12-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Sadler=Paul Hornung
Rose=Gail Sayers

Congratulations to Argyle and Fairfield for giving us all such a thrilling game. Hats off to Argyle for their first State Championship.

Bullaholic
12-21-2013, 10:38 AM
One the best things in that game---I did not see a single cheapshot or any classless acts by either team. Quite a tribute to the players and coaches of both teams in a game of this magnitude. Both represented the very best Texas high school football has to offer in a venue and on regional media coverage that was worthy of them. Proud to call them both Texas high school teams.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-21-2013, 10:56 AM

+1000

Both teams played their hearts out. That boy, Rose is a beast. It was fun to see Sadler and Rose going back and forth.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Here are some articles from last night's Argyle Eagles victory!

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20131220-football-sadlers-performance-was-second-to-none.ece

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20131220-football-argyle-holds-off-fairfield-to-win-first-state-title.ece

http://lonestargridiron.com/2013/12/20/argyle-rallies-behind-sadler-and-late-defensive-stop-to-win-thriller-against-fairfield/

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 11:02 AM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2013/12/20/argyle-rallies-behind-sadler-and-late-defensive-stop-to-win-thriller-against-fairfield/

The lead would stay intact until the fourth quarter after a “questionable” safety for Fairfield defense giving the ball back to Fairfield

Looks like I was not the only one to question the safety.

CP3Dad
12-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Sadler leaves it all on the field every game.

The only concern I have for him is that he plays with such wild abandon in terms of giving up his body so often.

It works at the high school level, but I wouldn't want to be his insurance carrier at the next levels (I use the plural form there because I think he's good enough to play on Sundays eventually).

I want a dollar for every Wes Welker comparison over the next five years....Sadler was a great high school player, but let's tap the breaks just a bit...it's a million miles from 3a football to 4A football much less the Big 12 and then NFL...As a Red Raider, I can't wait for him to someday earn a Saturday spot...Sundays are reserved for the country's elite.

football crazy
12-21-2013, 12:17 PM
One the best things in that game---I did not see a single cheapshot or any classless acts by either team. Quite a tribute to the players and coaches of both teams in a game of this magnitude. Both represented the very best Texas high school football has to offer in a venue and on regional media coverage that was worthy of them. Proud to call them both Texas high school teams.

Absolutely dead on comments.....Great game and one to make all fans of Texas high school football proud. A special note on Fairfield coach....So refreshing and exciting to see his excitement and the fun he seemed to be having. Very evident he loved his kids and the job he was blessed with. I would want my son to play for someone like him. So different than Brennen's coaches antics for instance. Great job, coach. Congrats to both teams and coaches. Truly a class act and true championship game.
:clap:

Matthew328
12-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Absolutely dead on comments.....Great game and one to make all fans of Texas high school football proud. A special note on Fairfield coach....So refreshing and exciting to see his excitement and the fun he seemed to be having. Very evident he loved his kids and the job he was blessed with. I would want my son to play for someone like him. So different than Brennen's coaches antics for instance. Great job, coach. Congrats to both teams and coaches. Truly a class act and true championship game.
:clap:

lonestargridiron was a media outlet not at the stadium so their perspective on the safety was skewed and they only saw what they saw on TV...

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 12:35 PM
In the earlier game, the Kilgore play-by-play man seemed to insinuate that any controversial call was NOT going to be replayed on the giant videoboard in order to spare officials any embarrassment.

This was early in that game before it got out of hand. I don't recall the exact play. And then they DIDN'T replay it, after he predicted they wouldn't. Thus, a conspiracy theory was born.

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2013, 12:43 PM
A special note on Fairfield coach....So refreshing and exciting to see his excitement and the fun he seemed to be having.

I agree about Coach Bachtel, but I have something good to say about Argyle Coach Todd Rodgers also. He had a sideline demeanor more reminiscent of a Tom Landry throughout the game, but after the game, a microphone picked him up talking to one of his players who had, from the context of what I heard, come up to him to congratulate him and Coach Rodgers replied, as best I could hear, "It was all you guys. I didn't play a single snap."

regaleagle
12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I think Fairfield proved just how great our high school football programs here in Texas really are. This team was not on any preseason Top Twenty Five list to start the season, but ended up in the 3A DII SC title game undefeated. Not only that, Argyle was rated by many to be the #1 rated team in 3A even before a game was played. Well, Argyle made it to the SC game to meet Fairfield....and Fairfield could have just as well been the winner in this matchup of two undefeated great football teams. This is a testament to the quality of high school football in this great state. I love Texas high school football....it's simply the best football there is. Thanks Coach Todd Rodgers and Coach Bachtel for a great season and a great game. It just doesn't get any better than this.

hollywood
12-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I think Fairfield proved just how great our high school football programs here in Texas really are. This team was not on any preseason Top Twenty Five list to start the season, but ended up in the 3A DII SC title game undefeated. Not only that, Argyle was rated by many to be the #1 rated team in 3A even before a game was played. Well, Argyle made it to the SC game to meet Fairfield....and Fairfield could have just as well been the winner in this matchup of two undefeated great football teams. This is a testament to the quality of high school football in this great state. I love Texas high school football....it's simply the best football there is. Thanks Coach Todd Rodgers and Coach Bachtel for a great season and a great game. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Great post regaleagle! HS football is king in Texas and every SC game this year has exemplified that on the grandest stage!