PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 56, Rice 28

travis
09-27-2002, 11:31 PM
Rice was leading 21-20 at halftime, but Bellville pulled away late in the game.

RUfablungid2?
09-28-2002, 12:10 AM
Sounds like another real defensive struggle!

Specklebelly
09-28-2002, 01:10 AM
There was not one single punt in this game. Rice planned on punting late in the 4th for the first time but a bad snap prevented that from happening. I was really shocked by the lack of defense from both teams. Bellville was simply bigger and stronger than us up front. We gave them all they wanted in the first 30 minutes of the game but the last 18 was all Bellville. We got beat up and wore out and playing without our starting HB didnt help. Bellville started dominating up front and took control of the game due to two costly Raider turnovers. I really thought it was shady that Bellville had their starters in the game until they scored with 1:06 in the 4th. Rice had already played their 2nd string players for two series by this point. Congrats to you Bellville kids though, you played a very good offensive game. You impressed me and I think if you play Sinton again this year there will be a different outcome. Best of luck the rest of the way. You should just walk through your district.

75isaHaus
09-28-2002, 01:14 AM
Don't you just hate it when you almost get thrown out for breakin up a fight. Good game...dominated the 2nd half