Roughneck93
12-14-2013, 12:20 AM
They looked pretty damn good tonight.

hollywood
12-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Argyle

eagles_victory
12-14-2013, 12:54 AM
I'll say this the game next week will be the first one since Navasota where I haven't been convinced we would win easily.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Got to get through Argyle first.

ctown81
12-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Fairfield is having a great season and are putting up crazy numbers but there is an elephant in the room. I will not be sold on the Eagles until they win state. Honestly, they've had a pretty easy schedule up to this point. You could insert Gladewater and Chapel Hill in their place on the schedule and both would be heading to state right now. I say they lose by a TD or 2 against the winner of Graham/Argyle(and yes, I've seen how explosive Fairfield can be). I'm not trying to put them down but I personally have to convinced and the teams they beat haven't convinced me of anything, BUT if they win next week I will comeback and tell everyone exactly how wrong I was.

With that being said, I AM pulling for Fairfield next week. I'm just not convinced they are on "another" level yet.

HEMOTOXIC
12-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Fairfield is having a great season and are putting up crazy numbers but there is an elephant in the room. I will not be sold on the Eagles until they win state. Honestly, they've had a pretty easy schedule up to this point. You could insert Gladewater and Chapel Hill in their place on the schedule and both would be heading to state right now. I say they lose by a TD or 2 against the winner of Graham/Argyle(and yes, I've seen how explosive Fairfield can be). I'm not trying to put them down but I personally have to convinced and the teams they beat haven't convinced me of anything, BUT if they win next week I will comeback and tell everyone exactly how wrong I was.

With that being said, I AM pulling for Fairfield next week. I'm just not convinced they are on "another" level yet.

To be fair, some were not convinced on how good Navasota was last year going in the championship game with Gilmer. I'm sticking with the Eagles from Fairfield until I'm proven wrong.

ctown81
12-14-2013, 07:43 AM
To be fair, some were not convinced on how good Navasota was last year going in the championship game with Gilmer. I'm sticking with the Eagles from Fairfield until I'm proven wrong.

I was convinced on Navasota all year last year, but that had a lot to do with the previous season. In fact, I was so convinced that I was pulling for Taylor to make the playoffs so Carthage wouldn't have to face you guys. As for Fairfield, I'm pulling for them but unlike Navasota, they came out of nowhere with this great season. After watching them against Center last year, I would have never seen this coming.

slingshot
12-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Argyle

This. Argyle will win State--they are the best team in 3A this year.

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2013, 10:06 AM

Maybe "some" were not, but none of them lived in Gilmer. I remember Coach Traylor at the pep rally before that game telling us the Rattlers had something like EIGHT All-State players. We had ONE. The fact is NO ONE thought Gilmer would even beat Argyle last year, much less make it to state.

I have a feeling Argyle will win it all this year, but that's probably just because I have not seen Fairfield in person. To some extent, it's now or never for Argyle, because of being elevated to Division I next year.

I think those players feel the urgency of the moment and will bring the trophy home to Argyle, whereas Fairfield will be down here in Division II will all of the smaller schools and with a chance to win it all every year, assuming there is not much dropoff in talent and coaching.

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Sticking with Fairfield. They have a better place to eat.

Phil C
12-14-2013, 11:27 AM
One thing for sure. If they don't win State it will great a great team to beat them.

Dawgkillr
12-14-2013, 11:51 AM
All you folks seem to think Argyle has already punched their ticket to Jerry World!! Aint gonna happen!

regaleagle
12-14-2013, 12:15 PM
All you folks seem to think Argyle has already punched their ticket to Jerry World!! Aint gonna happen!

Yep....kinda sounds like Graham is gettin' left out of the conversation, don't it. I reckon we'll find out if that is true in a few more hours.

Dawgkillr
12-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Yep....kinda sounds like Graham is gettin' left out of the conversation, don't it. I reckon we'll find out if that is true in a few more hours.

Yes sir we will

marlin fan
12-15-2013, 11:32 AM
I remember Fairfield being a pretty good team back in the day. Glad to see that they are doing well, and are in the State Championship!

firstdown
12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm clairvoyant!

No your drunk, go to bed

Bosqueville
12-15-2013, 10:29 PM
QUOTE=firstdown;1795499]No your drunk, go to bed[/QUOTE]

:spitlol: