PDA

View Full Version : NFC East

eagleqb_14
12-11-2013, 11:01 PM
With RGIII done for the rest of the season, the typical cowboys and the awful defense, Philly starting to play good football, Giants just not playing good ball... Who wins the division? I know it's and awful division but with the cowboys 4-0 Skins 0-4, Philly 3-2, and the Giants 2-3, it seems like anything could happen. Im not convinced on the cowboys, not because of romo but becasue of those 11 men on defense. I honestly see the Eagles winning it.

cougartino
12-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I told folks on DallasCowboys.com the Chicago game really didn't matter as far as the division is concerned. The games against Green Bay and Washington will determine how far the Cowboys go. Those are must wins or the last game against the Eagles won't really matter. That game against Washington scares me. It's there, they don't have anything to lose, and they would love to cripple any change the Cowboys have of making the playoffs.

eagleqb_14
12-11-2013, 11:12 PM
If there is anything the redskins could do it would be to beat the cowboys and prevent them from going to the playoffs, plus do the cowboys ever play good there?

cougartino
12-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Nope, particularly when it's cold and/or wet. And the puppet won't have them prepared.

Farmersfan
12-12-2013, 09:55 AM
The last time the Cowboys played the Redskins with a playoff berth on the line Tony Romo threw 5 interceptions. I honestly believe the Packers without Rogers and the Redskins without RGIII will not be able to score more than 20 to 30 points against even this bad defense. Can our offense score more than that? It's not looking that way............ And I repeat: Winning this horrible division and getting destroyed in the 1st playoff game is a little like kissing your sister! It's nothing more than Jerry Jones pissing on us and telling us it's raining! A fan should expect more... I would rather they lose the next 3 and clean house because of it. It's more likely though that they will win the next two and come down to the last game of the season with Philly. Of course they will lose that game and Jerry Jones will go on a campaign of telling us how they were just 1 or 2 lucky breaks away from the playoffs and in the playoffs "Anything can happen"! :dispntd:

coach
12-12-2013, 10:09 AM
The last time the Cowboys played the Redskins with a playoff berth on the line Tony Romo threw 5 interceptions. I honestly believe the Packers without Rogers and the Redskins without RGIII will not be able to score more than 20 to 30 points against even this bad defense. Can our offense score more than that? It's not looking that way............ And I repeat: Winning this horrible division and getting destroyed in the 1st playoff game is a little like kissing your sister! It's nothing more than Jerry Jones pissing on us and telling us it's raining! A fan should expect more... I would rather they lose the next 3 and clean house because of it. It's more likely though that they will win the next two and come down to the last game of the season with Philly. Of course they will lose that game and Jerry Jones will go on a campaign of telling us how they were just 1 or 2 lucky breaks away from the playoffs and in the playoffs "Anything can happen"! :dispntd:

False. He did not throw 5 interceptions dumbass

BullBoy
12-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Eagles will win it, that week 17 game against Dallas will not be necessary for deciding the division. Dallas will find a way to lose one of the next 2 games if not both.

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Eagles will win it, that week 17 game against Dallas will not be necessary for deciding the division. Dallas will find a way to lose one of the next 2 games if not both.

funny thing is...same can be said for Philly as well..neither team can be trusted

Farmersfan
12-12-2013, 10:57 AM
False. He did not throw 5 interceptions dumbass

Oh, my mistake! He only threw 3 interceptions in the elimination game against the Redskins. The 5 interception game was earlier in the season against the Bears. I stand corrected. Tony Romo was outstanding and performed very well the last time he played the Redskins with a playoff berth on the line! (that was sarcasm in case you aren't smart enough to understand it). :tongue:

coach
12-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh, my mistake! He only threw 3 interceptions in the elimination game against the Redskins. The 5 interception game was earlier in the season against the Bears. I stand corrected. Tony Romo was outstanding and performed very well the last time he played the Redskins with a playoff berth on the line! (that was sarcasm in case you aren't smart enough to understand it). :tongue:

I am smart enough. Im not the one who routinely gives out false information on Romo. We are all still waiting on the 50 plays he screwed up on in one game a few weeks ago. Yes I know he played awuful and he was one of the key factors in a huge game, but ppl soon forget that the defense gave up almost 300 rushing yards that game. But you are right, our defense is perfect and its all romo's fault. Efen if our D lets the team score EVERY possession it is still somehw Romo's fault. Do us all a favor and jump off the bandwagon bc we all know you aren't a true Cowboy's fan. You are just a sad person who has a negative outlook on ppl that you will never become. Maybe you should change your name to armchairfan, because obviously the only thing you can do consistently is makeup lame excuses for this team, talk crap about romo, and make yourself look like a fool.

Bullaholic
12-12-2013, 11:24 AM
At least the Eagles have an owner who knows how to keep his mouth shut during the critical December run and not make outrageous distracting statements.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Cowboys win out and take the division. but lose in first round. i have been a cowboy fan for 40 years. sorry coach Romo is an average OB at best. he is not very good in crunch time. lets do something take al the QB that have been a starter 3 years or more an rank them.
here is a list put them in what ever order you want and we can see where Romo winds up.
Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Troy Aikman & Tony Romo. i know they had alot more QB's that started but everyone knows these 5 guys

GrTigers6
12-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Saw a quote from a sports writer about the Dallas Defense. I believe it was yahoo. but anyway I thought it was funny. It said take yourself and 10 others and you would be a better defense than dallas.

cougartino
12-12-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm a real Cowboys fan, too. But I'm not one of those fans with his head in the sky believing his team's stuff doesn't stink. This is not the Cowboys powerhouse teams of the 90's. Jerry's a sucky GM and this team, well, "Attitude reflects leadership, Capt'n!"

cougartino
12-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Saw a quote from a sports writer about the Dallas Defense. I believe it was yahoo. but anyway I thought it was funny. It said take yourself and 10 others and you would be a better defense than dallas.

What are you talking about? Shoot, Dallas' defense couldn't stop a six man team!

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm a real Cowboys fan, too. But I'm not one of those fans with his head in the sky believing his team's stuff doesn't stink. This is not the Cowboys powerhouse teams of the 90's. Jerry's a sucky GM and this team, well, "Attitude reflects leadership, Capt'n!"

that about says it all coug.

Trashman
12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
At least the Eagles have an owner who knows how to keep his mouth shut during the critical December run and not make outrageous distracting statements. :ditto: :clap:

As usual Bull, you knocked that one out of the park!

full circle
12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Uncanny the way you can twist everything to either be Romo's fault or going to be his fault

bobcat1
12-12-2013, 12:57 PM

that about says it all coug.

In total agreement. Sucky GM = Sucky Coaches + Sucky Team.

Cam
12-12-2013, 01:02 PM
SUCKS!......oops!....I thought this was the word association thread!.....nevermind.......:crazy1:

coach
12-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Cowboys win out and take the division. but lose in first round. i have been a cowboy fan for 40 years. sorry coach Romo is an average OB at best. he is not very good in crunch time. lets do something take al the QB that have been a starter 3 years or more an rank them.
here is a list put them in what ever order you want and we can see where Romo winds up.
Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Troy Aikman & Tony Romo. i know they had alot more QB's that started but everyone knows these 5 guys

Ill place him 3rd behind two of the best. However, I might take him over Staubach right now. I don't believe any of those qbs could make it in today's game. Its just a different game. That includes the Unitas, Bradshaws and Slingin Sammys of that time. So it is hard to compare eras. Also, remember that Aikman had a team that was loaded. Arguably a top 3 reciever of all time, the best rb of all time, the best offensive line of all time, the best db of all time, a top 10 coach, and a nast dline. Hell, my mother could hauve lead them to a super bowl. With that being said, I dont think there is another qb in that era that could have led those teams to that kind of success. He was the right man for he ob. In fact I might put AIkman before Staubach. With Romo yea he has had some mishaps, but he doesnt suck. Hell even Aikman said he was more talented than himself. Everyone says he doenst have the leadership, but this cowboy's team isnt covered in hall of famers. Romo can throw some irritating pics, Ill admit that, but he also leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks and one of the best 4th quarter qbrs. Ask any D coordinator in the league and the will tell you they lose sleep over him. If only he had better coaches and a gm worth a damn. Parcells was past his prime and I think old age got to him and just couldnt keep up anymore. Wade Phillips... well thats all I need to type on him. And Jason Garrett isnt the right guy either. I just wish we could have hired Sean Payto when we had the chance.

full circle
12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Coach you lost me on that one. I think Romo is a gifted player and is about the only consistent player the boys got this year. Ahead of Staubach? That is worse than FF blaming everything on Romo. Staubach is one of the greatest qb's of all time and could play in any era, and Romo aint close.
And something else, Aikman was greatness

coach
12-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Coach you lost me on that one. I think Romo is a gifted player and is about the only consistent player the boys got this year. Ahead of Staubach? That is worse than FF blaming everything on Romo. Staubach is one of the greatest qb's of all time and could play in any era, and Romo aint close.
And something else, Aikman was greatness

Thats not what I said. I am saying Romo is more suitable for this type of game thats now being played. For example, I dont think Pistol Pete would be as great in todays game. Its just a different ball game. Staubach is way better than Romo, but I dont know how great Staubach, Johnny U, or any of the players that played back then could compete with this era. Thats why i am a big believer in not comparing players from different eras. BTW, your name fits perfectly into this conversation.

Macarthur
12-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I think the Eagles win because they are better up front than dallas.
We can talk about QB all day long but December is about the OL and DL.

Roughneck93
12-12-2013, 08:05 PM
At least the Eagles have an owner who knows how to keep his mouth shut during the critical December run and not make outrageous distracting statements.

http://i.woofmaker.com/WIcYTFmIWqpInKZq.gif

Farmersfan
12-13-2013, 11:03 AM
I am smart enough. Im not the one who routinely gives out false information on Romo. We are all still waiting on the 50 plays he screwed up on in one game a few weeks ago. Yes I know he played awuful and he was one of the key factors in a huge game, but ppl soon forget that the defense gave up almost 300 rushing yards that game. But you are right, our defense is perfect and its all romo's fault. Efen if our D lets the team score EVERY possession it is still somehw Romo's fault. Do us all a favor and jump off the bandwagon bc we all know you aren't a true Cowboy's fan. You are just a sad person who has a negative outlook on ppl that you will never become. Maybe you should change your name to armchairfan, because obviously the only thing you can do consistently is makeup lame excuses for this team, talk crap about romo, and make yourself look like a fool.

You truly are a small minded individual aren't you? You should know I use to paddle the asses of my children for acting like you and talking to adults like you have. All I can say is I really, really hope you aren't in fact a real coach. It scares the hell out of me to think that someone with your demeanor actually has influence on children.
And you throwing out rankings, numbers or statistic to me is like you telling your daddy how to properly raise children! So do yourself a favor and shut up and just read and maybe you will actually learn something.
All the stats and rankings you throw around to promote your opinion of Tony Romo have been discredited on here many, many times. The current measuring stick for NFL QBs that puts Tony Romo so high also has such NFL greats as Jeff Garcia, Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper, Matt Schuab and Matt Ryan as top 15 rated QBs in the history of the NFL. You talk about the different game that is played now being a reason why we can't compare QBs from different eras but you fail to realize that same difference rates Tony Romo higher than it does some QBs from different eras that are 10X his superior on the football feild. You also tout the greatness of the team around Troy Aikman without giving any credit to Troy for making that team great. No matter how "talented" you think that 90's team was you cannot ignore the fact that Tony Romo played on a team that put 11 players in the PRO BOWL! ( that was a NFL record) Troy Aikman never did that! Could that 11 Pro Bowl player team compete with Troy Aikman's team? Of course not! But they didn't have to. They had to compete the other NFL teams that consisted of players that didn't get voted into the Pro Bowl. And how did things turn out that season and what caused the demise of that team. So talk all the crap you want to talk about me personally but you still can never present enough logic to make a thinking person believe that Tony Romo doesn't have any blame for the horrible underachievement of this team since he was named the franchise QB. Is he the ONLY REASON? Of course not and I've never said he was. But he certainly is a big part of the reason. So get a clue and stop with the personal attacks!

coach
12-13-2013, 11:35 AM
You truly are a small minded individual aren't you? You should know I use to paddle the asses of my children for acting like you and talking to adults like you have. All I can say is I really, really hope you aren't in fact a real coach. It scares the hell out of me to think that someone with your demeanor actually has influence on children.
And you throwing out rankings, numbers or statistic to me is like you telling your daddy how to properly raise children! So do yourself a favor and shut up and just read and maybe you will actually learn something.
All the stats and rankings you throw around to promote your opinion of Tony Romo have been discredited on here many, many times. The current measuring stick for NFL QBs that puts Tony Romo so high also has such NFL greats as Jeff Garcia, Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper, Matt Schuab and Matt Ryan as top 15 rated QBs in the history of the NFL. You talk about the different game that is played now being a reason why we can't compare QBs from different eras but you fail to realize that same difference rates Tony Romo higher than it does some QBs from different eras that are 10X his superior on the football feild. You also tout the greatness of the team around Troy Aikman without giving any credit to Troy for making that team great. No matter how "talented" you think that 90's team was you cannot ignore the fact that Tony Romo played on a team that put 11 players in the PRO BOWL! ( that was a NFL record) Troy Aikman never did that! Could that 11 Pro Bowl player team compete with Troy Aikman's team? Of course not! But they didn't have to. They had to compete the other NFL teams that consisted of players that didn't get voted into the Pro Bowl. And how did things turn out that season and what caused the demise of that team. So talk all the crap you want to talk about me personally but you still can never present enough logic to make a thinking person believe that Tony Romo doesn't have any blame for the horrible underachievement of this team since he was named the franchise QB. Is he the ONLY REASON? Of course not and I've never said he was. But he certainly is a big part of the reason. So get a clue and stop with the personal attacks!

You didnt read my post did you? I gave Troy plenty of credit. I said he was the only qb that could have lead that team. And I guess the stats I use arent compareable to your (50 mess ups in one game) or his 5 interceptions in one game. You constantly use false information to make you sound "smart. Also, unlike you, I have been on the other side of the Romo agument. You have said so your self that you would never give Romo credit, when at times he has deserved it. I have said several times that Romo is too blame. I said it in an earlier post about the Redskins game last year. Romo has made some bonehead decisons that has cost us greatly, but Im not as near sighted as you. I am a real coach and as a real coach I know one person doesnt make a team. There are 3 aspects to this game and the cowboys have been mediocre on all 3 aspects for 15 years. Its not personal attacks either. I just call them like I see them. I shoot straight with everyone. I see that all you do is criticize and you get butt hurt. I am the same way with my kids. You mess up I let you know about it. It's called credibility. Do I use the same language to them? No, because they arent adults and arent on a silly message board. If you are truly upset and I did hurt your feelings then I am deeply sorry. It gets old hearing you blame Romo when the defense didnt even force a punt. I mean seriously, how ignorant do youhave to be to say its all on the qb when the defense let them score EVERY possession. If you want stats to back up good play then go look at every game ever played and let me know of a team that scored 28 points, with no turnovers, and rushed for 200 yards. Let me know the record of those teams. Then look up how many teams won when they didnt force a turnover or punt and let me know the record. Im all on board with blaming Romo, but it has to be logical amd I thinmk its common knowledge on this board that you lack that. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Faux Coach

caleb_mccaig
12-13-2013, 11:41 AM
All that I know is that if the Cowboys didn't have Romo the team would be wouldn't have a shot of finishing at/above .500.

cougartino
12-13-2013, 12:02 PM
All that I know is that if the Cowboys didn't have Romo the team would be wouldn't have a shot of finishing at/above .500.

If you can win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, you can win a Super Bowl with Romo. Although he has his bad moments, he ain't the problem. The Cowboys problems are:

1. GM
2. Defense

full circle
12-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Good point caleb

full circle
12-13-2013, 01:25 PM
I have been watching the Cowboys my whole life, I don't think it is possible for me to not be a cowboy fan, got hooked on Laundry and Staubach. I wore #12 and both of my boys did as well because of Staubach. I am a coach and have been for a long time, it is sad where the Cowboys are today, really don't think there is any chance of winning NFC East, I think what will happen is they will win next 2 and get throttled by Philly final week and break our hearts again. Hope I am wrong

Macarthur
12-13-2013, 02:39 PM
I have been watching the Cowboys my whole life, I don't think it is possible for me to not be a cowboy fan, got hooked on Laundry and Staubach. I wore #12 and both of my boys did as well because of Staubach. I am a coach and have been for a long time, it is sad where the Cowboys are today, really don't think there is any chance of winning NFC East, I think what will happen is they will win next 2 and get throttled by Philly final week and break our hearts again. Hope I am wrong

No chance? Really? I don't think we should be such drama queens about it.

We can certainly discuss the PROBABILITY of them doing but of course they have a chance.

Bullaholic
12-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I don't see any urgency in these Cowboys on or off the field. Nothing but soundbites from owner, coaches, and players week after week with no changes other than talking out of the other sides of their mouths about the changes and corrections which will be made and watching them never happen. I think you have a got several players who have quit on the owner and the coaches and are content to just take a payday. There just is no player leadership and/or motivation in the Cowboy lockeroom anymore. The owner, coaches, and players badly need to have a long closed-door meeting and name names and situations and drop the in-house BS. Somebody needs to get mad and do something--even if it is wrong---Dez is immature with his rants, but at least he has fire and zeal for the game. Jerry Jones needs to swallow that infinite pride, eat some crow by admitting he has been wrong, and threaten to fire anyone everyone who needs it and let them know he means it instead of making lame, veiled references to it in the media. This festering wound of half-actions, going through the motions, and soundbiting has gone on long enough with the Cowboys.

waterboy
12-13-2013, 03:07 PM
If you can win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, you can win a Super Bowl with Romo. Although he has his bad moments, he ain't the problem. The Cowboys problems are:

1. GM
2. Defense

Exactly! ...With EMPHASIS on #1, 'cause he is the main reason for #2! He is a GREAT businessman, but he doesn't have a clue how to be a GM in football.

Bullaholic
12-13-2013, 03:25 PM
"Players with fight never lose a game; they just run out of time." — John Wooden

cougartino
12-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Exactly! ...With EMPHASIS on #1, 'cause he is the main reason for #2! He is a GREAT businessman, but he doesn't have a clue how to be a GM in football.

:iagree:

cougartino
12-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Speaking of GM (general moron) Jerry, look what it is reported this fool did! SMDH

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4721320/orlando-scandrick-gets-contract-extension

Macarthur
12-13-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't see any urgency in these Cowboys on or off the field. Nothing but soundbites from owner, coaches, and players week after week with no changes other than talking out of the other sides of their mouths about the changes and corrections which will be made and watching them never happen. I think you have a got several players who have quit on the owner and the coaches and are content to just take a payday. There just is no player leadership and/or motivation in the Cowboy lockeroom anymore. The owner, coaches, and players badly need to have a long closed-door meeting and name names and situations and drop the in-house BS. Somebody needs to get mad and do something--even if it is wrong---Dez is immature with his rants, but at least he has fire and zeal for the game. Jerry Jones needs to swallow that infinite pride, eat some crow by admitting he has been wrong, and threaten to fire anyone everyone who needs it and let them know he means it instead of making lame, veiled references to it in the media. This festering wound of half-actions, going through the motions, and soundbiting has gone on long enough with the Cowboys.

I see and hear this often and I don't think it has anything to do with effort and attitude. I think JG has brought a lot of the right kind of guys into the organization.

It comes down to the fact that they're not very good in some spots.

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Speaking of GM (general moron) Jerry, look what it is reported this fool did! SMDH

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4721320/orlando-scandrick-gets-contract-extension

That is just a salary cap move..and Orlando might be the most consistent player in the secondary