PDA

View Full Version : uh oh..Aledo headed for a buzzsaw...

toddg
12-11-2013, 03:08 PM
the fine folks in Ennis tell me Aledo in for a suprise...an unstoppable Wing-T attack, and a shut down Defense:hairpunk:

ok....
Aledo looking to keep starters in 3 full qtrs...i say 70-14 Aledo:cool:

vtskneb
12-11-2013, 03:12 PM
the fine folks in Ennis tell me Aledo in for a suprise...an unstoppable Wing-T attack, and a shut down Defense:hairpunk:

ok....

I would be shocked if Aledo still has their starters in past the middle of the 3rd Quarter.

hollywood
12-11-2013, 03:35 PM

ok....

They get sponsored by DeWalt?

Bullaholic
12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Nobody is invincible, but I don't know anybody who looks forward to playing Aledo this season...I don't think a lot of 5A's would either...

Additup
12-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Ennis is solid. Better line up sound and quickly or you're in for a long night. They ain't you're typical wing-T team. Aledo probably realizes Ennis will cause them some problems. Same goes for Ennis.

hollywood
12-11-2013, 07:29 PM
If Ennis stays within 4 TD's of Aledo, I'll be shocked.

LHPfactory
12-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Aledo sounds like the unbeatable Brownwood team a few years back. ... :)

hollywood
12-11-2013, 08:00 PM

LOL... You have know idea the weapons Aledo brings to the game! They will slash you, burn you, pound you. You have no idea the fury this team can impose! Make great teams look average. Lol

Seriously, they are for real. What Brownwood 2010 did not have, was a big strong OL and DL. Aledo does, and you have to see them to believe it.

toddg
12-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Ennis is solid. Better line up sound and quickly or you're in for a long night. They ain't you're typical wing-T team. Aledo probably realizes Ennis will cause them some problems. Same goes for Ennis.

no doubt Ennis is a rock solid team, and from my friends there..the confidence and pride is well deserved and appreciated..the Lions have had a great season. im quite sure they will give Aledo all they got...but this Bearcat team will get to business fast, and furious in all facets..applying pressure from all sides and angles relentlessly.

to compare 2010 Brownwood to this years Aledo team in any way is rediculous, and laughable.

Additup
12-12-2013, 06:15 AM
http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/_HKQPwtb6UWTRkx9blespg/aledo-sets-national-record-for-points-scored-in-an-11-man-football-season.htm
I imagine Ennis will go ahead and show up even though everyone's already crowned Aledo.

defense51
12-12-2013, 07:39 AM
http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/_HKQPwtb6UWTRkx9blespg/aledo-sets-national-record-for-points-scored-in-an-11-man-football-season.htm
I imagine Ennis will go ahead and show up even though everyone's already crowned Aledo.
It would be rude to not show up after being invited...

LHPfactory
12-12-2013, 08:31 AM
no doubt Ennis is a rock solid team, and from my friends there..the confidence and pride is well deserved and appreciated..the Lions have had a great season. im quite sure they will give Aledo all they got...but this Bearcat team will get to business fast, and furious in all facets..applying pressure from all sides and angles relentlessly.

to compare 2010 Brownwood to this years Aledo team in any way is rediculous, and laughable.

Im not comparing the teams, Im comparing the mentality......

Another good example was 2006 Lufkin, they were the number 1 team in Texas and the Nation, They were facing an 8-3 Round rock team and got beat in the 2nd Round. Not saying Aledo will get beat but you get the right team of kids that refuse to loose and anything can happen on the grass.

Sorry I confused you toddg, I will keep it simple from now on... :)

P.S. Dont eat the urinal cakes...

panfan
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM

Another good example was 2006 Lufkin, they were the number 1 team in Texas and the Nation, They were facing an 8-3 Round rock team and got beat in the 2nd Round. Not saying Aledo will get beat but you get the right team of kids that refuse to loose and anything can happen on the grass.

P.S. Dont eat the urinal cakes... :1omg!: I thought those were breath freshners!!! Thanks for the heads up factory.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 12:04 PM

anything can happen never count out the under dog

toddg
12-12-2013, 12:47 PM

P.S. Dont eat the urinal cakes...

not confused..the mentality is not comparable either..one was a "paper Lion" and the other has won three of the last four SCs and primed for another..

ok..the urinal cake made me laugh, but way off base LOL!

toddg
12-12-2013, 01:08 PM

anything can happen never count out the under dog

Ennis should be proud..14-0 and in the semis..that commands respect..they are well coached and they execute very good, so you're right..anything can happen..but i just dont see Aledo spitting the bit..at all..its just not their MO, they pretty much take care of business very quickly..

LHPfactory
12-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Ennis should be proud..14-0 and in the semis..that commands respect..they are well coached and they execute very good, so you're right..anything can happen..but i just dont see Aledo spitting the bit..at all..its just not their MO, they pretty much take care of business very quickly..

I think Aledo will win also, but anything can happen in the play offs. I believe they will get to it quickly.

Not the same league as Aledo or HS football for that matter, but the past two years I have had the privilege of coaching kids that play the way you are talking about. The current LH 7th graders and LH 6th graders have just that mentality. These boys hit like a bomb from the kick off and don't let up, they refuse to loose and haven't. Both groups go into the game expecting to win and do every time. If these two classes work hard over the next few years they will combine to be the perfect storm on Friday nights. They have the game won from the warm up on. That's a snowball that turns into an avalanche....

Aledo is definitely an avalanche this year, but sometimes David shows up for Goliath...

Additup
12-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Second Quarter and score is 0-0.
Aledo has had 2 possessions and Ennis has had it once. The longer Ennis stays in it, the more the pressure shifts to Aledo.

Additup
12-14-2013, 05:20 PM
I would be shocked if Aledo still has their starters in past the middle of the 3rd Quarter.

Still 0-0 at half. The two teams have 3 goalline stops between them already.
Ennis gets ball first in 3rd Quarter.
Aledo's halftime adjustment probably needs to involve playing starters the whole game - or at least past the middle of the 3rd Quarter. :hand:

defense51
12-14-2013, 05:20 PM
This is a defensive slugfest, both defenses are swarming the ball! This Ennis team is for real, they aren't buying into to all the Aledo hype.

SWAS009
12-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Aledo get the points record yet?

Old Tiger
12-14-2013, 05:50 PM
7-0 Aledo

Additup
12-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Aledo 7 Ennis 0 in 3rd.
2 play 21 yd TD drive after Ennis fumble.

defense51
12-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Aledo 19 - Ennis 0, 10:53 left in the fourth quarter.

Additup
12-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Aledo 19 - Ennis 0, 10:53 left in the fourth quarter.

...and Aledo starters are still in. :p

Additup
12-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Looks like it'll be a hard fought win:
Aledo 22 - Ennis 6.

defense51
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Final: Aledo 29 - Ennis 6
Great game by the Ennis defense holding Aledo to only 22 points on offense.