PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news on Mack Brown from Texas247 website

Scoop27
12-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Mack Brown's 16-year tenure at Texas is at a crossroads. That's according to one high-ranking Texas source.
Breaking News on Mack Brown from Texas247 board website

"I think there will be a decision (about Brown's job) within the next 48 hours," the source told Horns247 Brea
According to the Austin American-Statesman and the Dallas Morning News, Brown met with Texas athletic director Steve Patterson on Sunday on a plane ride to New York City. During that time, sources told Horns247 that Brown was not asked to resign.

If Brown returns to Texas for the 2014 season he'll be looking to improve a team that just finished up an 8-4 regular season and is getting ready to face No. 10-ranked Oregon in the Valero Alamo Bowl. The Longhorns are 30-20 over the past four seasons, including an 18-17 mark in Big 12 play with only five wins in their last 19 games against ranked opponents over that time span.

If Brown doesn't return he'd finish as the second winningest coach in school history with a 158-47 record. He's led the Longhorns to the 2005 BCS title, a title game appearance in 2009, two other BCS bowls, two Big 12 titles, four outright Big 12 South Division championships and nine straight seasons of at least ten wins (2001-2009) including a run from 2004-2009 where Texas was 69-9.

Scoop27
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Earlier today, a report surfaced that Mack Brown had agreed to step down as head football coach at the University of Texas and move into a administrative role at the University.

When reached by text moments ago, Brown refuted the story to Horns247.

"I haven't seen (the) article," Brown wrote.

"I'm in Florida recruiting. If I had decided to step down I sure wouldn't be killing myself down here. I have not decided to step down."

Brown is expected to be in Florida for the next two days. He is expected to visit running back Dalvin Cook in Miami today and linebacker Andrew Beck in Tampa tomorrow.

Additionally, sources tell Horns247 that Texas football staff has not been made aware of any such decision.

As we reported earlier today, a high-ranking Texas source told Horns247 a decision regarding Mack Brown’s future is expected within the next 48 hours.

Roughneck93
12-10-2013, 03:37 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?124449-Mack-Brown-s-Future-to-be-Decided

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Saban on Friday !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss