PDA

View Full Version : It's Disgraceful!

Phil C
11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Some folks have complained and justifiable so about other subjects on this board. Come on people let's get with it! This is a 3A football board! It is even in the title! Knock Knock! Hello! I have seen everything posted about songs, soccer, college football national championship, Spurs, NBA, and even Chess! And even about other items like softball, volleyball, baseball, etc. Shame on all of you! Let's stay with the subject. It's disgraceful!

Da Mules
11-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Phil, I agree that all the junk clutters the board up, and probably slows it down. But I don't normally click on the (crap) threads that don't reference football subjects, anyway. It doesn't matter what board you check out; people are going to bring in the NFL, hockey, just whatever floats their boat at the moment, no matter what the board was originally dedicated to. Look at you and me discussing the content of this board instead of talking strictly about 3A football :p Are we not the pot calling the kettle black? :D

Bongo
11-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Phil C, I agree with you. By the way, you still have those pics of the Cat?

Phil C
11-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Good point Da but at least when we complained we mentioned 3A football. :) And yes Bongo I do. And if you ever can get one of Mia Hamm. She is a hottie soccer babe!

fullhouse
11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Maybe they could add a 4th forum on the board for topics not related to football. That would keep them separated so we don't have to scroll down to find the football ones.

Da Mules
11-13-2003, 02:33 PM
I like your idea about a forum for non-3a football. This board is kind of a community, and we need a different place for community members to post all of the childish, the silly, the offbeat that gets posted on here that doesn't have anything to do with 3a football

sinton66
11-13-2003, 02:44 PM
I would say that most of us wouldn't care about the non-football topics if all the posters would learn to show that it's not a football topic up front on the topic line. I get used to clicking on any threads started by certain posters and sometimes find myself disappointed to learn it's not about football. Might help if you're gonna discuss something else, simply put (not football) in the title. I've done that a few times. That way everyone has the option of skipping that thread if they're not interested in anything but football. I think there's plenty of room on the site to discuss whatever you choose, but maybe we can all learn to be a little more considerate of our football fanatics on here. What could it hurt to try? (But, this in no way means that I and others won't razz the heck out of you when you talk about communist soccer.) :D

It's not a bad idea though to add a fourth forum for non-football topics.

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

PPHSfan
11-13-2003, 03:29 PM
Maybe you should start by changing the title of this thread. It is one of those Vague titles that forces me to click and see what it is. I can't speak for everyone on this board, but I myself try to contribute to the football topics as well as throwing something in for entertainment too. After all, if it is all about the Football game on friday night, why do we have bands, cheerleaders, and BB stacking contests up in the stands?

Ranger Mom
11-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Oh my gosh....I can't believe we are even discussing this!! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that - "I love the 80's", Hilarious Movies, Soda Pop polls, etc. are NOT football related.

When people complain, it just makes me want to post even more "stuff"!! (Yea..I know that is childish - I AM a child at heart!! :D )

I want to be involved, right now there are not very many post I can jump in on, basically because I am not real familiar with anyone out of 3-4A or 4-4A.

So I am sorry if some "silliness" bothers some people. I will be the first to admit that I am guilty of quite a bit of it. I find it all a blast myself....but I guess I am just not quite as serious as others on here. wink

We better hope Greenwood goes far, if I don't have them to talk about - no telling WHAT I will come up with!!! :D :D :D

dawgmeister
11-13-2003, 03:37 PM
PPHSfan:
Maybe you should start by changing the title of this thread. It is one of those Vague titles that forces me to click and see what it is. I can't speak for everyone on this board, but I myself try to contribute to the football topics as well as throwing something in for entertainment too. After all, if it is all about the Football game on friday night, why do we have bands, cheerleaders, and BB stacking contests up in the stands?Preach on, Brother!! :cool:

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Am I the only one that sensed the sarcasm in Phil's post? I mean, who started the topics on soccer, Spurs, chess, volleyball, and softball? Yep, that's right...it was Phil.

PPHSfan
11-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Phil C is schizophrenic and so is he. :p

fullhouse
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
It was my interest in 3A football that brought me to this board originally, but when time allows, I enjoy reading the other "non football" posts too. I think it's neat that so many people have become friends and enjoy visiting on here. If space isn't an issue, then I don't see why it shouldn't continue, but by adding another forum for those "non football" topics, I think we could pacify everyone. Oh yeah.... Go Tigers, beat the Leopards!!! :D

Bandera YaYa
11-13-2003, 04:43 PM
People, stop stressing over something so trite...Be thankful you live in a world that allows you to write whatever you want...."Don't sweat the small stuff"!! :D

Ranger Mom
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Bandera YaYa:
People, stop stressing over something so trite...Be thankful you live in a world that allows you to write whatever you want...."Don't sweat the small stuff"!! :D I Knew I liked you for some reason!!!! :D :D

3afan2K3
11-13-2003, 05:31 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=012006 what this phil c??????????????????????????????

sinton66
11-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Ha, hah! Phil C should be careful he don't poke a hole through his cheek by planting his tongue in there so firmly. Somebody must have said something to him about his volleyball posts. (He ain't serious, folks).