PDA

View Full Version : 3A Div I Semi-Final: Kilgore vs Stephenville

Pages : [1] 2 3

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Guess Hollywood and Ville-D are still thawing out this morning. Well who ya got?

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Kilgore gets 8 days to prepare for Stephenville, while Stephenville will play 2 games in one week. Going to take Herculean effort from the Jackets to get back to the Death Star. In my rant about the UIL, the weather was an uncontrollable circumstance so I don't blame this week on the UIL. My homerism won't let me pick against the Jackets, so Stephenville with a last second field goal ruins Kilgore's lust for revenge.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I think it's a toss-up. If Kilgore can limit mistakes I think they have a real shot at taking down the champs. I'm going with our D of D brethren and say Kilgore pulls off what some would consider an upset.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I think it's a toss-up. If Kilgore can limit mistakes I think they have a real shot at taking down the champs. I'm going with our D of D brethren and say Kilgore pulls off what some would consider an upset.

Not poor boying here but I would be SHOCKED if any of the prognosticators pick Stephenville this week. They had mother nature working against them. Even if they had played Friday, I would say at least 60% would have picked Kilgore coming under normal circumstances. I think everyone from here to Vegas will be picking Kilgore. BRING IT

slingshot
12-10-2013, 10:10 AM
This deserves a poll... Kilgore in a close one.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Gonna have to call on some Art Dust and make sure that Sville brings the Weight Room literally to the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxlEZllUsk

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
REMEMBER MANSFIELD!!! :flaming:

2muchOffense
12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Kilgore is a quality program and will take a tremendous effort to knock them out. I feel that we have made a lot of mistake as of late, so that has me worried. I still believe we will get it done, just barely. Gonna be a great game!

jason
12-10-2013, 10:36 AM
If healthy in some key positions, Stephenville by 10+...
If not, Kilgore by a lot...

waterboy
12-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Not poor boying here but I would be SHOCKED if any of the prognosticators pick Stephenville this week. They had mother nature working against them. Even if they had played Friday, I would say at least 60% would have picked Kilgore coming under normal circumstances. I think everyone from here to Vegas will be picking Kilgore. BRING IT

I wouldn't be shocked if the prognosticators called it pretty even myself. How many games in-a-row has Stephenville won against 3A teams now? It's time somebody put an end to it...:1popcorn: This game could go either way, in my opinion, but I'm still going with Kilgore because I think they have a real shot.

Matthew328
12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
A lot working against Stephenville here

1) they aren't as good as last year
2) Kilgore is better than last year
3) Revenge factor for Kilgore
4) 5 days rest vs. 8 days rest

The big edge Stephenville has is Stidham, if he goes nuts Stephenville wins...anything less and Kilgore wins

SHSBulldog00
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Saturday 2pm @ Corsicana

Looks like Coach Wood won the flip for game time.

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Saturday 2pm @ Corsicana

Looks like Coach Wood won the flip for game time.

Kilgore is also the home team.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Weren't they the home team last year too? Did Kilgore agree to play in Mansfield last year if they were the home team? All white it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8AKrGdYIM&noredirect=1

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Did that STUD LB graduate from last year's team for Kilgore? Number 40 i think? I hear the offense is better, what about the defense?

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Did that STUD LB graduate from last year's team for Kilgore? Number 40 i think? I hear the offense is better, what about the defense?

AJ Davis (#44) did graduate... he's playing at SHSU. The offense is much better than last year. The defense is similar to last season.. they've given up a few more points this year but they've also played against better offenses than last year.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 11:39 AM
AJ Davis (#44) did graduate... he's playing at SHSU. The offense is much better than last year. The defense is similar to last season.. they've given up a few more points this year but they've also played against better offenses than last year.

Well that should bode well for you then.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
There's a lot of factors that could determine the outcome of this game. Stephenville will be the underdog in most guessers minds. Some call themselves experts. Some could be natural haters. Some just want to see the giant get slayed. Stephenville and Kilgore have been playing at a higher level for the past several years. They both are recent drop downs from 4A. Here they are for the second year in a row playing each other in the semi finals in the big boy division. Stephenville has been the most successful of the two teams in 4A and 3A. Making the quarter finals 2 years in a row in 4A then winning the state championship in their first year of 3A. So yeah, some people, especially Kilgore, wants another shot at the giant. One of the best football programs in the state. In the country for that matter. I can promise you this, Stephenville may come into this game as the underdog, but will play like the state champions they are and it's the only way they know how to. It will take Kilgore's best game of the season to knock of this years version of Stephenville. I can assure a of you that. I know Stephenville has a huge play book with a coaching staff that makes some of the best adjustments around. After Stidham made several great passes last night for TD's and long yardage gains, I'd take a peak into the press box to see what Kilgore coaches reactions were, they were STH's. Lol One of them was throwing his arms in the air puffing air through his cheeks. Lol Now that's frustration at its finest. Kilgore, you will have to stop a multi set, multi threat offense that can pound it, spread it, option it, and go vertical on any given play. Defense plays hard and will bring the wood. It should be a great game.

Side note: I watched the Kilgore/Gilmer game and didn't think either team looked as good as last years team. Especially Kilgore. JMHO We all have an opinion... some of us will be right and some of us will be wrong. It's time to pony up. Prove me wrong Kilgore. This group of players are just as determined as last years team was and has had to overcome more adversity IMO. They know how to win too. If history repeats itself, Stephenville will be going to AT&T stadium next week and winning their 3rd back to back Ships. ;) You'll have to prove us wrong Kilgore.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I agree with Aggie98. Kilgore is much better offensively this year than last, and the defense is very close to what they were last year. The biggest improvement over last year is definitely on the offensive side of the ball, in my opinion. Their o-line is just dominating defensive fronts for the most part, and they have a three-headed monster in the backfield. Their RBs are very strong and don't go down easy. They break a whole lot of tackles. If Stephenville can keep them from getting a head of steam getting to the second level, they have a chance at getting some stops. I fully expect the 'Jackets to be able to do that part of the time, but as the game goes on I expect Kilgore to wear down the 'Jacket defense. Then you have to be able to keep scoring on offense, something that most teams have had trouble doing against the Bulldog defense.

slingshot
12-10-2013, 11:51 AM
I agree with Aggie98. Kilgore is much better offensively this year than last, and the defense is very close to what they were last year. The biggest improvement over last year is definitely on the offensive side of the ball, in my opinion. Their o-line is just dominating defensive fronts for the most part, and they have a three-headed monster in the backfield. Their RBs are very strong and don't go down easy. They break a whole lot of tackles. If Stephenville can keep them from getting a head of steam getting to the second level, they have a chance at getting some stops. I fully expect the 'Jackets to be able to do that part of the time, but as the game goes on I expect Kilgore to wear down the 'Jacket defense. Then you have to be able to keep scoring on offense, something that most teams have had trouble doing against the Bulldog defense.Agreed. My Stephenville buddies (yes--I have several) have told me privately that they think this year's team has one main weakness--defensive line. The offense and the defensive backfield have been good enough to cover it up, but think a big physical running team like Kilgore can expose them. Kilgore by 7...

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 11:53 AM
There's a lot of factors that could determine the outcome of this game. Stephenville will be the underdog in most guessers minds. Some call themselves experts. Some could be natural haters. Some just want to see the giant get slayed. Stephenville and Kilgore have been playing at a higher level for the past several years. They both are recent drop downs from 4A. Here they are for the second year in a row playing each other in the semi finals in the big boy division. Stephenville has been the most successful of the two teams in 4A and 3A. Making the quarter finals 2 years in a row in 4A then winning the state championship in their first year of 3A. So yeah, some people, especially Kilgore, wants another shot at the giant. One of the best football programs in the state. In the country for that matter. I can promise you this, Stephenville may come into this game as the underdog, but will play like the state champions they are and it's the only way they know how to. It will take Kilgore's best game of the season to knock of this years version of Stephenville. I can assure a of you that. I know Stephenville has a huge play book with a coaching staff that makes some of the best adjustments around. After Stidham made several great passes last night for TD's and long yardage gains, I'd take a peak into the press box to see what Kilgore coaches reactions were, they were STH's. Lol One of them was throwing his arms in the air puffing air through his cheeks. Lol Now that's frustration at its finest. Kilgore, you will have to stop a multi set, multi threat offense that can pound it, spread it, option it, and go vertical on any given play. Defense plays hard and will bring the wood. It should be a great game.

Side note: I watched the Kilgore/Gilmer game and didn't think either team looked as good as last years team. Especially Kilgore. JMHO We all have an opinion... some of us will be right and some of us will be wrong. It's time to pony up. Prove me wrong Kilgore. This group of players are just as determined as last years team was and has had to overcome more adversity IMO. They know how to win too. If history repeats itself, Stephenville will be going to AT&T stadium next week and winning their 3rd back to back Ships. ;) You'll have to prove us wrong Kilgore.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the best game Kilgore plays all season. They've had this one circled on the calendar for a long time.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I agree with Aggie98. Kilgore is much better offensively this year than last, and the defense is very close to what they were last year. The biggest improvement over last year is definitely on the offensive side of the ball, in my opinion. Their o-line is just dominating defensive fronts for the most part, and they have a three-headed monster in the backfield. Their RBs are very strong and don't go down easy. They break a whole lot of tackles. If Stephenville can keep them from getting a head of steam getting to the second level, they have a chance at getting some stops. I fully expect the 'Jackets to be able to do that part of the time, but as the game goes on I expect Kilgore to wear down the 'Jacket defense. Then you have to be able to keep scoring on offense, something that most teams have had trouble doing against the Bulldog defense.

This is what makes this forum so awesome! I totally disagree with you. Not that you are wrong, but your opinion is yours. That's what you think. I saw Kilgore almost get beat by a Gilmer team who turned the ball over 5 times!! Gilmer, IMO, wasn't that much better of a team this season than they were last season. Kilgore should have rolled Gilmer with 5 turnovers if they are better than last years team, IMO. I could be wrong, but Kilgore is going to have to prove it. If they beat Stephenville this week by more than 10 points, then I'll agree. ;)

To touch on your OL/DL comment, Stephenville hasn't gotten worn down in this area in years, it will more than likely be the other way around. They returned 4 of 5 of their OL from last years SC team. Yes, 4 of them wore down Kilgore's DL last year. Stephenville's D-line is very strong and 4 qtr's conditioned. I think it will be Kilgore's OL/DL that will have their hands on their hips by the 4th qtr.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Agreed. My Stephenville buddies (yes--I have several) have told me privately that they think this year's team has one main weakness--defensive line. The offense and the defensive backfield have been good enough to cover it up, but think a big physical running team like Kilgore can expose them. Kilgore by 7...

We got a big part of the equation back last night and he seemed to help some, he hadn't played the previous 2 games. Well see how much he as in the tank after 4 days of rest. Besides that, I do feel our secondary has played well but I don't think us stopping the run has necessarily been the D-Line's fault.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 11:59 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the best game Kilgore plays all season. They've had this one circled on the calendar for a long time.

That's interesting. I wonder why they didn't bring all they had last year too? Did it take losing to Stephenville to get them focused? Is that what your staff is saying?

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 12:24 PM
My analysis for this game is, how has Kilgore improved over last year stopping the running game? If Stephenville is able to run the ball like they did last year, lookout. I think Kilgore will score points on Stephenville's defense, probably in the 28-35 point range.

If Stidham and Williams get it working on the run game, I don't believe there will be much Kilgore can do to stop the Jacket offense. That in my opinion will be the deciding factor in the game, can the Jackets on 4 days rest get the running game churning. The key will be if the linebackers are not able to get in their passing lanes properly because of play action, the wide-outs should have some space to work. If they can stop the run with the front 4 we are probably in trouble because we don't create separation outside like we did last year.

I am being told here that Kilgore is as good or better on defense. Saturday that bill comes due.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 12:45 PM
All I really know is that this should be a very good game, and that it could go either way, in my opinion. The key to this game will be what happens in the trenches, and turnovers, if there are any. Kilgore has done a phenomenal job of hanging onto the ball this year, something they didn't do as well last year. That alone could make the difference in this game possibly. That's what makes them better offensively, along with more experience, and a better running threat at QB. Defensively, they are still the same ol' Kilgore. They just gets stops regularly. I think Stephenville will definitely be a challenge for the Bulldog defense, and I also think Kilgore's offense will be a challenge for Stephenville's defense. Just a good all around matchup that has the makings of being a classic.

Caprocker
12-10-2013, 01:07 PM
after listening to last nights game it appeared that the ville got a little banged up vs cooper....whats the report..were they legit injuries or cold strains etc...i know kaegun came back in the game and jarrett finished but whats the story? I will give my honest account of the jackets after i gather some decent semi reliable injury report..i actually do have an unbiased opinion of the jackets..

YTBulldogs
12-10-2013, 01:09 PM
after listening to last nights game it appeared that the ville got a little banged up vs cooper....whats the report..were they legit injuries or cold strains etc...i know kaegun came back in the game and jarrett finished but whats the story? I will give my honest account of the jackets after i gather some decent semi reliable injury report..i actually do have an unbiased opinion of the jackets..

I believe they all returned to action after going out. From what I heard on the broadcast. Should be ok. One did have a limp though when he returned. With a wind chill of 9 degrees, all bumps hurt more.

Caprocker
12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
with that said i want to throw something out there..The ville d lacks a bit to be desired. i think that the playoffs have exposed that. Now , again unbiased ,i think that a high balled offense can cause that sometimes and also overcome whatever shortcomings that defense may have. What exactly are kilgore and carthage and those guys working with offensively? If theyre bringing 50 plus a week i think the ville is in trouble..if the ville can offset their d issues and finish the year on top then i will have a whole new appreciation for the yellowjackets AND the big spring steers....my best wishes are with the jackets.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 01:29 PM
with that said i want to throw something out there..The ville d lacks a bit to be desired. i think that the playoffs have exposed that. Now , again unbiased ,i think that a high balled offense can cause that sometimes and also overcome whatever shortcomings that defense may have. What exactly are kilgore and carthage and those guys working with offensively? If theyre bringing 50 plus a week i think the ville is in trouble..if the ville can offset their d issues and finish the year on top then i will have a whole new appreciation for the yellowjackets AND the big spring steers....my best wishes are with the jackets.

Kilgore runs the ball predominately and Carthage throws it more often than not. Both have speed to burn.

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 01:30 PM
That's interesting. I wonder why they didn't bring all they had last year too? Did it take losing to Stephenville to get them focused? Is that what your staff is saying?

This year's best >>>>> last year's best

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
My analysis for this game is, how has Kilgore improved over last year stopping the running game?

Two of our best defensive players (LB Kris Haynes, and LB Chad Bornes) did not even play against S'ville last year due to injuries suffered the previous week. The entire defense had to be shuffled around to fill those two gaps. They're both healthy this week along with the rest of the defense. We're even getting back a player from last season who hasn't seen a snap this year. He's a 6'6" - 275# DE.

Our defense is allowing 78 yds/game rushing through 13 games.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Respect theV

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Kilgore is averaging 45 pts/game offensively and has scored 59 and 56 in the last 2. 1,007 rushing yards in the last 2.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Two of our best defensive players (LB Kris Haynes, and LB Chad Bornes) did not even play against S'ville last year due to injuries suffered the previous week. The entire defense had to be shuffled around to fill those two gaps. They're both healthy this week along with the rest of the defense. We're even getting back a player from last season who hasn't seen a snap this year. He's a 6'6" - 275# DE.

Impressive Aggies98! Stephenville is no stranger to containing big DE's. El Campo had an all-state 6'6" DE last season and Cooper had a 6'7" DE. Stephenville doesn't have the biggest OL in 3A but plenty big enough and one of the strongest and well conditioned though. Should be a good battle! I think this is where the game will be decided. Remember, most of these OL returned from last years team. ;)

hollywood
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM

I believe they all returned to action after going out. From what I heard on the broadcast. Should be ok. One did have a limp though when he returned. With a wind chill of 9 degrees, all bumps hurt more.

Cold cramps

hollywood
12-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Something to note, Stephenville pounded the ball the last 7+ minutes of the game and took a knee inside the 8 yard line to run out the clock but also proves as a statement. They have well conditioned Offensive linemen and depth at RB. Pick your poison Kilgore. They playbook will be opene up this week, just for you. ;)

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Impressive Aggies98! Stephenville is no stranger to containing big DE's. El Campo had an all-state 6'6" DE last season and Cooper had a 6'7" DE. Stephenville doesn't have the biggest OL in 3A but plenty big enough and one of the strongest and well conditioned though. Should be a good battle! I think this is where the game will be decided. Remember, most of these OL returned from last years team. ;)

I was very impressed with S'ville's O-line last year. That whole offensive machine that S'ville has is based on solid line play. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up against our D-line, because we have some studs back and alot of depth. Anthony, Scott, Wood, Wafer, Powe, Thomas, Thomas, Bornes will all rotate in there and they're all good.

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Something to note, Stephenville pounded the ball the last 7+ minutes of the game and took a knee inside the 8 yard line to run out the clock but also proves as a statement. They have well conditioned Offensive linemen and depth at RB. Pick your poison Kilgore. They playbook will be opene up this week, just for you. ;)

I listened to the S'ville broadcast. I thought the radio guys did a great job, but if I hear the term "Hammer Time" again, I think I'm going to vomit.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I was very impressed with S'ville's O-line last year. That whole offensive machine that S'ville has is based on solid line play. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up against our D-line, because we have some studs back and alot of depth. Anthony, Scott, Wood, Wafer, Powe, Thomas, Thomas, Bornes will all rotate in there and they're all good.

I agree Aggie98. If Kilgore wins, it'll be because of depth and a healthy team. Not excusing Stephenville of being what I call "bruised up" a little, but it is what it is.

Cam
12-10-2013, 01:57 PM
:1popcorn:.......I got a feva!...and the only prescription is more cow...uhh....smack talk!......carry on!.....
Come on fellas.....are we all just gonna gather round the campfire and sing Kumbaya or what?.....Hollywood...I know you're dying to throw out an insult or two!!....where's Ville?....he's usually good for a few!......:tisk:

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

waterboy
12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Respect theV

Respect the "K"

:evillol:

lostaussie
12-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I keep thinking about how most everyone says Kilgore is the favorite........ I don't buy that one bit. Kilgore will have a major advantage from the extra 3 days off, but if Stephenville got out injury free last night that will help them. I believe Kilgore can be thrown on and thrown on big. Remember, they never stopped the buckeyes. We either turned it over or scored, no punts. I think Sville wins a shootout. I'll go 42-35......that should be a heart stopper!!!

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Remember, they never stopped the buckeyes. We either turned it over or scored, no punts.

??? We stopped Gilmer on 4th down twice in the 4th quarter.

BandWagonFan
12-10-2013, 02:36 PM
It sure appears that the Stephenville faithful are a little nervous already preparing themselves for defeat, with all the short week and possible injuries talk. Never heard that hesitant talk from them before.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Never been put in a situation like this before. 4 days rest against a team like Kilgore will push the players to their limits. It was a slobber-knocker of a game Monday night too. Besides, Stephenville posters FOR THE MOST PART have shown lots of respect for most teams they play. There are some exceptions. We have been relatively tame compared to ET posters. Kilgore will be the clear favorite in nearly every prediction put out by prognosticators.

lostaussie
12-10-2013, 02:48 PM
??? We stopped Gilmer on 4th down twice in the 4th quarter.the only one I can remember was at the end of the game but I won't argue because you might be right. And don't get me wrong.....I'll be pulling for Kilgore. But until I see a 3a team beat the big S I have to go with them as the team to beat. It really should be a great game.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 03:00 PM
There were two 4th down stops in the fourth against Gilmer, once early in the fourth, and the one that ended the game. That game is history, though, and Gilmer was an extremely good offensive team this year. Kilgore did what it took to win the game, and that's all that matters. No excuses. I don't know if Stephenville is as good as Gilmer was this year, but we'll certainly see. They don't have the weapons at their disposal that Gilmer had, but what they have they use with execution. Execution will be the key to this game. I do think Gilmer was better defensively than Stephenville. I am with you, however, that untils somebody actually beats Stephenville they are the team to beat. That's why I think Stephenville "should" be favored in this game.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 03:14 PM
There were two 4th down stops in the fourth against Gilmer, once early in the fourth, and the one that ended the game. That game is history, though, and Gilmer was an extremely good offensive team this year. Kilgore did what it took to win the game, and that's all that matters. No excuses. I don't know if Stephenville is as good as Gilmer was this year, but we'll certainly see. They don't have the weapons at their disposal that Gilmer had, but what they have they use with execution. Execution will be the key to this game. I do think Gilmer was better defensively than Stephenville. I am with you, however, that untils somebody actually beats Stephenville they are the team to beat. That's why I think Stephenville "should" be favored in this game.

Y'all are fabricating the roll of underdog for Kilgore. No one that has to put their name along side it will pick Stephenville this week. You show me where these picks are, and I will eat crow.

caleb_mccaig
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
IMO, Stephenville is going to have to play perfect to win this game.

lostaussie
12-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Max preps has Kilgore as 8 pt favorite. I will believe that when it happens.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Y'all are fabricating the roll of underdog for Kilgore. No one that has to put their name along side it will pick Stephenville this week. You show me where these picks are, and I will eat crow.

I don't buy into what the media says. Stephenville is still the champion until somebody beats them. I think Kilgore can beat them if they play mistake free, but you never really know how teams will match up until it happens.

D'Highlander
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I listened to the S'ville broadcast. I thought the radio guys did a great job, but if I hear the term "Hammer Time" again, I think I'm going to vomit.

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jacketbacker09
12-10-2013, 03:41 PM
What happened in the Kilgore/Kaufman playoff game? Was Kaufman that good or was Kilgore missing some players? Seems like that game was closer than it should have been but I don't know anything about Kaufman.

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 03:56 PM
What happened in the Kilgore/Kaufman playoff game? Was Kaufman that good or was Kilgore missing some players? Seems like that game was closer than it should have been but I don't know anything about Kaufman.

Strange game. #1 - Kaufman played their butts off. #2 - Kaufman caught 6 huge breaks to keep drives alive and keep Kilgore's offense on the sideline. Kaufman's 1st possession they fumble the ball foward 8 yards on a 3rd and 7 play... jump on it for 1st down. 4 plays later, Kilgore blocks a Kaufman punt... punter catches it in the air and runs for a 1st down. There were 4 Kaufman 4th down passes that were tipped or batted by Kilgore's defense that Kaufman somehow caught anyway. Like I said, strange game. It is what it is.

jacket98,99
12-10-2013, 03:58 PM
It sure appears that the Stephenville faithful are a little nervous already preparing themselves for defeat, with all the short week and possible injuries talk. Never heard that hesitant talk from them before.

None of the s'ville faithful are "preparing" for defeat, but we most certainly have respect for Kilgore. Kilgore is a great football team that gave the Jackets a heck of a game last year. Could s'ville lose?....of course we could. At this point in the season everyone still playing is good or wouldn't be here. In my opinion I believe we are for sure good enough to beat kilgore, however, we won't be able to turn the ball over 3 or more times and still win if Kilgore plays a good game. Team with least mistakes win.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Ville by 10

toddg
12-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I'll be pulling for the Jackets... Nuff Said !!

STUDMYSTRO
12-10-2013, 05:48 PM
This will be a great game anyway you look at it. You have two extremely good teams facing off, either team could break away at any given time. Kilgore will be looking for revenge, and Stephenville will be looking to prove they are still the undisputed CHAMPS!!! What more could you ask for in a Texas Highschool football game?

Even thought the Jackets are coming into this game off of a short week, Coach G will have his men ready for battle. No doubt about it, Kilgore will be prepared as well. In the end, I believe it will come down to disciplined, mistake free football and the BIG play ability by the Stepheville Yellow Jackets!

Jackets pull away in the second half for the W!

Stephenville 49 Kilgore 35

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Kilgore runs the ball predominately and Carthage throws it more often than not. Both have speed to burn.

This is Kilgore and Ville thread, but since you mentioned the C Dawgs, I will have to correct you. The C Dawgs have thrown for over 3000 yards and rushed for over 3000 yards, that's pretty dang balanced. I have said all along the K Dawgs will get to and beat the Ville this year. In my first post in the beginning of the year, I said Kilgore has not forgotten how that game went. Fumbling the first two kickoffs and then scaring the fire out of the Ville with a heck of a come back. Gone are all the big time skilled players from the Ville which steamed rolled everybody last year. The Ville has won this year, but has been pushed many times. The Kilgore D and the O line will win this game for the Dawgs this time. Deep down inside I want my C Dawgs to play and beat the Ville, but we have a big time game this week against a great team. If Kigore and Carthage both win this week, East Texas wins no matter what, the trophy comes back to East Texas. Pulling for Kilgore in a hard fought battle. God Bless and no injuries.

vtskneb
12-10-2013, 05:58 PM
This is Kilgore and Ville thread, but since you mentioned the C Dawgs, I will have to correct you. The C Dawgs have thrown for over 3000 yards and rushed for over 3000 yards, that's pretty dang balanced. I have said all along the K Dawgs will get to and beat the Ville this year. In my first post in the beginning of the year, I said Kilgore has not forgotten how that game went. Fumbling the first two kickoffs and then scaring the fire out of the Ville with a heck of a come back. Gone are all the big time skilled players from the Ville which steamed rolled everybody last year. The Ville has won this year, but has been pushed many times. The Kilgore D and the O line will win this game for the Dawgs this time. Deep down inside I want my C Dawgs to play and beat the Ville, but we have a big time game this week against a great team. If Kigore and Carthage both win this week, East Texas wins no matter what, the trophy comes back to East Texas. Pulling for Kilgore in a hard fought battle. God Bless and no injuries.

What are the rush attempts versus pass attempts? I know you know your team better than me, just curious and the only time I have ever seen anything on Carthage was the semi-final game against El Campo last year. I wasn't the one that mentioned you first, it was the poster I was quoting.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Gone are all the big time skilled players from the Ville which steamed rolled everybody last year.

LOL... boy, sometimes you are so clueless cowboyandchrist. If you are going to post stuff like that, then for the love of football, know at least a little bit about the team you are posting about.

Football8, please print this and have it hung in the green room this week. I bet the team would get a rise out this. lol

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I haven't seen them in person but from what I have read and film I have seen the ville is gonna have to play at a lot higher level then they have the past two weeks to get back to the big show.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 10:01 PM
I haven't seen them in person but from what I have read and film I have seen the ville is gonna have to play at a lot higher level then they have the past two weeks to get back to the big show.

Everyone has their opinion. Once Graham gets to the big boy division, we'll see how they compete. ;)

Graham had their first real test against Argyle this week. Kind of like last year when they faced Gilmer.

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Everyone has their opinion. Once Graham gets to the big boy division, we'll see how they compete. ;)

Graham had their first real test against Argyle this week. Kind of like last year when they faced Gilmer.

Post had nothing to do with Graham, just simply the ville has hasn't shined the past couple weeks like you would think they would after all you hear about them. If you wanna bring graham into it look how yall handle cooper then how shallowwater handled cooper.. You better be glad Graham isn't in the big division this year or you would be watching jacket basketball. I was gonna hold my score till fri but gonna go ahead 42-24 Kilgores moves on.

football8
12-10-2013, 10:31 PM
LOL... boy, sometimes you are so clueless cowboyandchrist. If you are going to post stuff like that, then for the love of football, know at least a little bit about the team you are posting about.

Football8, please print this and have it hung in the green room this week. I bet the team would get a rise out this. lol

Will send it to school with him in the morning.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 10:37 PM

Hollywood you just troll looking for debate or a bandwagon to hop on... As stated before I don't know how your arse isn't sore from all that hopping..you better just be worrying about east tx and thankful you guys didnt play the steers of the north... As Texan said, you'd be at the basketball games . Oh and big boy fields? Lol...we won't go there.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Post had nothing to do with Graham, just simply the ville has hasn't shined the past couple weeks like you would think they would after all you hear about them. If you wanna bring graham into it look how yall handle cooper then how shallowwater handled cooper.. You better be glad Graham isn't in the big division this year or you would be watching jacket basketball. I was gonna hold my score till fri but gonna go ahead 42-24 Kilgores moves on.

Lol! Yeah right!!

hollywood
12-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Hollywood you just troll looking for debate or a bandwagon to hop on... As stated before I don't know how your arse isn't sore from all that hopping..you better just be worrying about east tx and thankful you guys didnt play the steers of the north... As Texan said, you'd be at the basketball games . Oh and big boy fields? Lol...we won't go there.

Pot calling kettle black teddy!

Semi's are about as far as Graham can get. Good luck this week. Maybe y'all can finally get over the hump. It will take a miracle. Ha!

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 11:04 PM

Semi's are about as far as Graham can get. Good luck this week. Maybe y'all can finally get over the hump. It will take a miracle. Ha!
What happens when you guys can't pull it off in 3A, like 4A? He kinda hard squeezing down another size don't ya think? The big red is gonna be your new Aledo

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 11:06 PM

Actually though you villers might repeat.......until Big Spring and LC....won't be a repeat playing like that :)

Williams will have that in one play.

I know this a div 2 but It's Argyle FYI no one even comes kinda close.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 11:39 PM
If I recall from last year, many "experts" were either picking Carthage or Kilgore to win the State Championship in D1. It's kinda become the mini SEC in HS football with the media hype. Seems like just because they are from East Texas, they are granted to play better football and win the State Championship. Well guess what, BOTH got beat in the semi's and the team that beat Carthage got their you know what handed to them by the team a lot thought couldn't do it. Same story this year, there aren't many giving Stephenville a chance to make it past this week much less win the State Championship. Same story, different chapter! Gotta love the underdogs! ;) I'll take the underdogs by 10 this week.

Aggie98
12-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Williams will have that in one play.

Lol. He would be 4th string for Kilgore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Here is the fact Ville's First year we won it all in 3A beat Kilgore butt and spanked El Campo
Now for the second year we are in the final 4. Good luck to the last 4 standing and may the best team win. Any team can win depending on turnovers and injuries so it comes down to luck and execution. Give glory to the man upstairs and let's hope no one gets hurt to bad. GOOD LUCK FELLAS

Lol. He would be 4th string for Kilgore

The ignorance has started flowing from your ass. I mean mouth

See I remember last year and It was a clear beating. You pulled within 10 late but Lost. So now make your excuses and tell me how your better and we aren't. If you got some Big balls let s get the check book out. I say put your money where your mouth is.

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 12:05 AM
See I remember last year and It was a clear beating. You pulled within 10 late but Lost. So now make your excuses and tell me how your better and we aren't. If you got some Big balls let s get the check book out. I say put your money where your mouth is.
Weren't you the same guy last year that CONSTANTLY wanted to make a bet? Let me see if I can find the gamblers anonymous hotline number and get that over to you..lol.....when adversity surfaces, resort to betting. I'd put my checkbook up if I were you, last years ville wouldn't have struggled with BIG SPRING or been behind at any point in the game vs LC

hollywood
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM

LOL, come back Saturday evening and tell everyone that. Tell us what you really think after it's all settled. Win or lose! Williams will be getting some serious offers by his Jr year. Bank it.

OldBison75
12-11-2013, 01:08 AM
I am really torn on the winner of this game. Kilgore should have the edge because they have a great team and have the advantage of longer preparation time. However, I also know that the coaching staff at the Ville will have the Jackets ready to play. I think the key to this game is gonna be turnovers and who makes the big play (not plays). With that in mind, I tend to agree that Stidham may be the difference in this game. If he is on the top of his game Kilgore will have a tough time winning.

Dawgs
12-11-2013, 04:54 AM
If I recall from last year, many "experts" were either picking Carthage or Kilgore to win the State Championship in D1. It's kinda become the mini SEC in HS football with the media hype. Seems like just because they are from East Texas, they are granted to play better football and win the State Championship. Well guess what, BOTH got beat in the semi's and the team that beat Carthage got their you know what handed to them by the team a lot thought couldn't do it. Same story this year, there aren't many giving Stephenville a chance to make it past this week much less win the State Championship. Same story, different chapter! Gotta love the underdogs! ;) I'll take the underdogs by 10 this week.

Lol, I don't think any of the "Experts" were picking Carthage or Kilgore. I think everybody with any sense knew the Ville was a step or two ahead of everybody last year. This year not so much. Keep up this underdog act if it makes you feel better. I have never seen soo much crawfishing from Ville posters. I love it! This should be a great game. At one point in the season I though that Ville would handle Kilgore, but after the last 2 playoff games Ville has played I don't know how anybody besides Ville homers would pick them. This is Kilgore's moment for revenge. Pulling for ETX. Get'em Kilgore!

BTW, I saw you bantering with Graham posters about "first real test", when was the Ville tested by a highly ranked team? Just a question. Kilgore has proven they can beat top tier 3a competition THIS YEAR. Has the Ville proved that? You keep talking about Ville has yet to lose to a 3a team. How many times in the last couple of years do you think the Argyles, Grahams, Gilmers, Carthages, and Kilgores have lost to 3a teams? I will speak for only Carthage, cause I know them: Since 2008 - 6 season Carthage has lost to 4 3a teams, and we have been 3a the entire time. 2008 - 0, 2009 - 0, 2010 - 1 (CH played in the D1 state game, Carthage won D2 that year), 2011 - 2 (CH who won state, and Argyle who played in the state game), 2012 - 1 (El Campo), 2013 - 0. We have also played at least 13 games all of those seasons. I just keep on seeing they haven't lost to a 3 team since 2010, Hell most of the reason is Ville hasn't been playing 3a competition. That streak ends this week.

2muchOffense
12-11-2013, 05:30 AM
You guys act like the Ville plays scrubs every year. The reason we haven't been playing many 3a teams is because we were busy knocking heads with 4a and 5a's. The competition has been plenty stout. Our only losses in 2011 were to Aledo(4a) Lewisville Hebron(5a) and Aledo. In 2010, yes we lost to Brownwood, but then it was Mesquite Horn(5a), Hebron(5a), Waco Midway(5/4a), and Aledo. You guys act like we are soft and haven't seen real speed....yeah right. True we had a couple of tough games the last few weeks. Turned the ball over against big spring but we did what Carthage couldn't do last year and won the game. Last week we played in horrible conditions and still got the win. And don't give me Kilgore played in it too, because no they didn't. Not in the weather on Monday night in West Texas. Keep writing us off. Everyone talks of how we have struggled well I can promise you this, if Kilgore plays us like they did against Gilmer or Kauffman they will be done for sure. Whoever wins this game will have to play their best game of the year or they will lose. Bottom line! This team is full of leaders and playmakers that know how to win. They have the rings to show it. So please keep thinking we have no shot. These Jackets are for real!

Jacket97
12-11-2013, 08:39 AM
What happens when you guys can't pull it off in 3A, like 4A? He kinda hard squeezing down another size don't ya think? The big red is gonna be your new Aledo

Kilgore our new Aledo...now that is funny!

jason
12-11-2013, 08:53 AM

well, he is just a freshman

Jacket97
12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Stephenville will win this game....Kilgore will get theirs on offense running the ball, but Stephenville just like last year can move up and down the field quickly using the whole field. The Big Spring game gives a false indication to everyone that hasn't watched this team every week. Stephenville turned the ball over when they should have been in the endzone 3 times. Very uncharacteristic of our offense. Any other game given the same circumstances Stephenville scores on those drives and is kneeing on their own 40 yard line to end the game. Given what happen in that game...we should have lost. But the kids refused to lose. Kilgore is not going to show Stephenville anything they haven't seen this year. Speed, big O linemen, big D linemen...our team has seen it all. Match ups is the key to any game and Stephenville will find the weaknesses and expose them. Stephenville will see their own weeknesses and will correct them. Sorry Kilgore but this isn't the season for Stephenville to go down in the semi's. Reload and try again maybe 2 yrs from now. Stephenville rolls on in a well fought game 49-35.

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Kilgore our new Aledo...now that is funny!
Kilgore?? LOL

Kilgores just gonna beat ville this year if they play like they have the last couple against BS and LC.... That other etx team will be the one that haunts ville Aledo style

jason
12-11-2013, 10:00 AM
I haven't said much yet about this game, but I have read a lot and seen some very interesting comments.

Everyone talking about Stephenville 'struggling' the last two weeks - what about Kilgore's 'struggle' against Kaufman? Does what happened 2 or 3 weeks ago still matter? Stephenville also got blown out by Aledo, does that have any effect on what is going on this Saturday? The name of the game this late is WIN.

I don't even see how the game vs Lubbock Cooper could even be considered a struggle. Yeah, it was back and forth the first quarter, but what game this late isn't? After that Stephenville pretty much dominated didn't they?
Then, late in the game, after Stephenville's defense stepped up and stopped LC on a 4th and short, when it came down to Cooper needing a stop when Stephenville got the ball back with 7 minutes left, their QB on a gimp leg, and their starting RB on the bench with a groin issue, Cooper could hardly do anything to stop Stephenville's goal line package from marching down the field and running down the clock. When they did manage to get it to 3rd and more than 5, Stidham still picked them apart even on his bad leg.

This game won't be a blowout either way, and I'm not saying Stephenville is the underdog or the favorite, but to base it on Stephenville 'struggling' is asinine.

waterboy
12-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I just can't see the reasoning behind the media saying that Stephenville is an 8-point underdog in this one. Sure, Stephenville lost A game this year, allbeit in blowout fashion, but to Aledo, who will win it all in 4A. Aledo is having one of those years that everybody would love to have, and they only happen every few years. Stephenville IS the defending state 3A-D1 champion afterall, and I think they should be favored, in my opinion. I do, however, think this is a winnable game for Kilgore, and it could go either way.

Coondog
12-11-2013, 10:22 AM
are we talking about the same Kilgore team that almost got beat by a Kaufman team that lost to 3-7 Mexia?? ran back a put to win the game. maybe we should be looking at a couple of their last couple of opponents. if Kilgore plays anything like they did against Kaufman they will get the El Campo treatment.

Cam
12-11-2013, 10:24 AM
:1popcorn:.....that's more like it.....startin' to heat up a little on here.....wish I could go to this game. Gonna be a good one. I don't know enough about Kilgore. What makes them so good? Can anybody enlighten me? What's this I hear about a 3 headed monster?

just to calm some nerves, here ya go....

Two rednecks were sitting on their porch one afternoon and looked down at their dog who was licking his junk.
One of the the guys looked at the other and said, ''I wish I could do that.''
The other one then said, 'Don't be stupid, man - that dog would bite you!''....:doh:

and just for good measure:

Lady was standing at the street corner with her Great Dane and runs into an old friend...After small talk, she says, "So how is the dog? and she says, "Well last night as I was bent over getting something from underneath the kitchen sink, he mounted me and had his way with me with a ferociousness that only a brute like a Dane could do"...The friend says, WOW, so are you putting him down? and she says, "HEAVENS NO!!! I'm taking him in to have his nails clipped"...

kdog00
12-11-2013, 11:15 AM
From what I have seen on Stephenville their offense is very impressive....pretty comparable to Gilmer with a little different passing styles...both can score quick and often with athletes everywhere....usually, you don't stop those types of offenses, you just try and slow it down and limit their possessions....I do think the Stephenville offense was better last year with Jones at qb...Stidham at wr and that Gunter guy....JMO.....Now, as for Stephenville defense, it will not be the best Kilgore has seen this year....I thought last year it was one of the slowest and worst running defenses we faced and I feel the same way this year..again, JMO....if Stephenville cannot stop us from controlling the clock it could be trouble for y'all....Kilgore knows what has to happen for them to be able to win and I'm sure we like our chances....will it be enough in the end?....we shall see....but, I promise you Kilgore will be ready for the challenge!!!!

jason
12-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Kilgore
Thank you for that in depth analysis.

Aggie98
12-11-2013, 11:19 AM
:1popcorn:.....that's more like it.....startin' to heat up a little on here.....wish I could go to this game. Gonna be a good one. I don't know enough about Kilgore. What makes them so good? Can anybody enlighten me? What's this I hear about a 3 headed monster?

Kilgore wins football games by dominating opponents in the trenches. Big, strong Oline and a big, strong, quick D-line. 4-headed monster rushing attack with Justice, Brown, Colbert (QB), and Foy has rushed for 4,400 yds and 69 TD's. We don't throw much (965 yds and 11TD's) and we rarely turn the ball over.

The defense is allowing 14 ppg, 237 ypg (77 rushing, 160 passing). They have 31 takeaways and 49 sacks on the year.

Ville-D
12-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I've been out dealing with a funeral so I haven't had time to chime in.

From all the talk it looks like the majority are expecting a victory for both Kilgore and Carthage. I guess we'll have to see.

I love being the underdog

http://www.kevinneeld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Underdog.jpg.

Sville
12-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Padilla Poll has Kilgore favored by 12 and Harris has the Bulldogs favored by 10. We are the underdogs in this game. Kilgore has the same amount of time to prepare for us as we do for them. They couldn't start preparing for us until after we won. The advantage they do have is more rest.

I fully expect the Dogs to break some big runs. They are just that good running the ball, but will they be able to sustain drives consistently? The Jackets All-State DE Noah has been out about a month and returned for limited snaps against Cooper. His presence makes a big difference on the Jackets DL. Sville has good size up front on defense and is pretty good in between the tackles stopping the run. I expect Kilgore to challenge the Jackets on the edge with their speed. If Sville can limit the big plays and force Kilgore into some obvious passing situations then they have a good shot at winning. The Dogs do not throw the ball very well, and to their credit they haven't had too.

Sville averages 240 on their OL, they have plenty of size and strength up front to handle Kilgore's DL. The Sville offense will get theirs, Stidham and Williams are just that good. If I were Kilgore I would man up outside and bring extra people to stop Sville's run. If they do that the Jackets will have to use scheme to create separation for their receivers in the passing game to force Kilgore to back out of the box. IMO, the one clear cut advantage the Jackets do have is in special teams.

Turnovers and penalties at inopportune times will be huge in this game. I predict whomever wins that battle wins the game.

Cam
12-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Kilgore wins football games by dominating opponents in the trenches. Big, strong Oline and a big, strong, quick D-line. 4-headed monster rushing attack with Justice, Brown, Colbert (QB), and Foy has rushed for 4,400 yds and 69 TD's. We don't throw much (965 yds and 11TD's) and we rarely turn the ball over.

The defense is allowing 14 ppg, 237 ypg (77 rushing, 160 passing). They have 31 takeaways and 49 sacks on the year.

Thanks Aggie98.....49 sacks & 31 takeaways! WOW! that's impressive......sounds like Stidham better have his dancin' shoes on!..I've seen him scramble on video and he's quite nimble......is Kilgore generating those sacks via the blitz or is the d-line doing most of the damage?.....

Sville
12-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Sville defense has 30 sacks, 28 takeaways, 15 INT, and 13 FR. The Jackets are +18 in turnover margin this year.

Jacket97
12-11-2013, 12:31 PM

And Stephenville dominates teams by spreading them out and picking them apart. All these stats above-what do they mean? To me it says Kilgore has a had a successful year up to this game. None of those defensive stats will be comparable to stats Stephenville's offense will have against Kilgore. And it really doesn't matter if Kilgore ends the the game with school record rushing the ball against Stephenville, if they don't score at the same pace as Stephenville. Stephenville wins. And here is a tip; if Kilgore scores a go ahead TD with more than 30 sec on the clock, I wouldn't start a celebration at that moment.

Aggie98
12-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks Aggie98.....49 sacks & 31 takeaways! WOW! that's impressive......sounds like Stidham better have his dancin' shoes on!..I've seen him scramble on video and he's quite nimble......is Kilgore generating those sacks via the blitz or is the d-line doing most of the damage?.....

42 of the sacks have come from the D-line led by All-State DT LaDarrin Anthony with 12. We very rarely blitz.

hollywood
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Sville defense has 30 sacks, 28 takeaways, 15 INT, and 13 FR. The Jackets are +18 in turnover margin this year.

Sville, do you have any stats comparing last year's teams, both Stephenville and Kilgore to this years teams?

We've all heard opinions from both sides as which versions are better. I've heard some say Ville 2013 is better than Ville 2012 and visa versa, Kilgore 2013 is better than Kilgore 2012 and visa versa. NO one will ever know because you simply can't play each others previous years teams. It's all subjective. It's all relative due to schedules and match ups from year to year. BUT, some stats will be good to see. Some say stats don't lie. But again, it's all relative.

Thanks in advance if you do!

toddg
12-11-2013, 01:09 PM
somehow Stephenville will win..because thats what they do...

jason
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
somehow Stephenville will win..because thats what they do...
Gonna be tough though. Teams don't rollover and die this late in the playoffs.

kdog00
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
And Stephenville dominates teams by spreading them out and picking them apart. All these stats above-what do they mean? To me it says Kilgore has a had a successful year up to this game. None of those defensive stats will be comparable to stats Stephenville's offense will have against Kilgore. And it really doesn't matter if Kilgore ends the the game with school record rushing the ball against Stephenville, if they don't score at the same pace as Stephenville. Stephenville wins. And here is a tip; if Kilgore scores a go ahead TD with more than 30 sec on the clock, I wouldn't start a celebration at that moment.

How many offensive possessions is Stephenville gonna have after our 6,7,8 minute drives through that "Defense"....Goodluck with that high powered offense

STUDMYSTRO
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
How many offensive possessions is Stephenville gonna have after our 6,7,8 minute drives through that "Defense"....Goodluck with that high powered offense

Stephenville is just as capable of running 6,7,8 minutes off of the clock. Stephenville also has the big pass play ability that Kilgore lacks, so pick your poison. Run the clock, and we will too and when there is little time left in the 4th Stephenville will have the ability to open up the pass, and put the game away.

Jackets 49 Kilgore 35

Sville
12-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Sville, do you have any stats comparing last year's teams, both Stephenville and Kilgore to this years teams?

We've all heard opinions from both sides as which versions are better. I've heard some say Ville 2013 is better than Ville 2012 and visa versa, Kilgore 2013 is better than Kilgore 2012 and visa versa. NO one will ever know because you simply can't play each others previous years teams. It's all subjective. It's all relative due to schedules and match ups from year to year. BUT, some stats will be good to see. Some say stats don't lie. But again, it's all relative.

Thanks in advance if you do!

I haven't completed CC for this week yet. I hope to have it done this evening. But here are the numbers entering the game last year you asked for, FWIW Sville was favored by 12 in that game and won by 10. I will say this Padilla's computer projections are pretty darn accurate this late in the season.

Kilgore
Team offense
202.2 avg. rush yards
109.9 avg. pass yards
312.1 avg. total yards
31.3 avg. points

Team defense
119.1 avg. rush yards allowed
97.2 avg. pass yards allowed
216.3 avg. total yards allowed
8.5 avg. points allowed

Stephenville
Team offense
189.8 avg. rush yards
278.6 avg. pass yards
468.4 avg. total yards
44.8 avg. points

Team defense
160.6 avg. rush yards allowed
129.7 avg. pass yards allowed
290.3 avg. total yards allowed
21.0 avg. points allowed

2muchOffense
12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Against many teams we play, the Ville fails the eye test. There have been dozens of times during warmups the other team looks like they will hand it to us. Even last year against Kilgore I was concerned. In regards to the Dog defense, I'm sure they are loaded with talent. I'm sure there is speed and size to go around. I would bet that every defensive back for Kilgore can out run any Jacket receiver. But just wait and you will see on Saturday. Many will be asking why are there so many Jacket receivers getting behind the coverage. You will ask why does a team that looks "small and slow" score so efficiently. How are they getting so open? Kilgore will be the best rushing attack we have faced this season. Hands down. Better believe the Jacket offense is the best you have seen this season as well. You have not faced a team as efficient as the Jackets. Our defense doesn't pitch shutouts. They aren't built that way. They will have a tough day on Saturday for sure. I truly believe that it will come down to the final seconds. It will be a pressure cooker of emotions, nerves, and big play moments. It's the semifinals! Both teams are outstanding in what they do. Either way a great team will advance to Jerry world and the other starts bball.

Aggie98
12-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Against many teams we play, the Ville fails the eye test. There have been dozens of times during warmups the other team looks like they will hand it to us. Even last year against Kilgore I was concerned. In regards to the Dog defense, I'm sure they are loaded with talent. I'm sure there is speed and size to go around. I would bet that every defensive back for Kilgore can out run any Jacket receiver. But just wait and you will see on Saturday. Many will be asking why are there so many Jacket receivers getting behind the coverage. You will ask why does a team that looks "small and slow" score so efficiently. How are they getting so open? Kilgore will be the best rushing attack we have faced this season. Hands down. Better believe the Jacket offense is the best you have seen this season as well. You have not faced a team as efficient as the Jackets. Our defense doesn't pitch shutouts. They aren't built that way. They will have a tough day on Saturday for sure. I truly believe that it will come down to the final seconds. It will be a pressure cooker of emotions, nerves, and big play moments. It's the semifinals! Both teams are outstanding in what they do. Either way a great team will advance to Jerry world and the other starts bball.

Good post.

FBJ
12-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Out of all the years I have traveled with the Bulldogs, I have gotten callous to our opponents telling us how they are the best Offense or Defense we have seen all year. I also have shrugged off ever time that someone says, your not balanced enough, you run to much. We are gonna spread you out and outscore you. All I can say is yes you might, but we have always been and always will be primarily a run team, that controls the clock. It has worked well for us with 22 trips to the playoffs in the past 27 years. It does not matter how many Championships you have, I how well you played last year, or even how well you played last week. Neither does it matter how strong your schedule was, nor how high CAl-Preps rated you. What will matter is when those teenage boys show up this Saturday, which ever group has the desire to win, and executes that desire to the most perfectly on the field, that group will travel on, and the rest will start Christmas break. IMHO it will be Kilgore that takes the day by 10. But everyone knows opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, some have more than one, but they all usually stink.

Bullaholic
12-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Did Kilgore and Stephenville ever meet in their 4A days?

kdog00
12-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Stephenville is just as capable of running 6,7,8 minutes off of the clock. Stephenville also has the big pass play ability that Kilgore lacks, so pick your poison. Run the clock, and we will too and when there is little time left in the 4th Stephenville will have the ability to open up the pass, and put the game away.

Jackets 49 Kilgore 35

Kilgore will welcome you with open arms to run the ball ....lol....whatever Stephenville thinks they can do....if that's the case and we are gonna keep the clock running...I like our chances on defense to make a stop to win vs y'alls.....;)

toddg
12-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Did Kilgore and Stephenville ever meet in their 4A days?

NO
no

Bullaholic
12-11-2013, 02:55 PM
NO
no

LOL. Somebody already ask this question? Speak up, todd--I can't hear you...:D

Caprocker
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Stephenville will win this game....Kilgore will get theirs on offense running the ball, but Stephenville just like last year can move up and down the field quickly using the whole field. The Big Spring game gives a false indication to everyone that hasn't watched this team every week. Stephenville turned the ball over when they should have been in the endzone 3 times. Very uncharacteristic of our offense. Any other game given the same circumstances Stephenville scores on those drives and is kneeing on their own 40 yard line to end the game. Given what happen in that game...we should have lost. But the kids refused to lose. Kilgore is not going to show Stephenville anything they haven't seen this year. Speed, big O linemen, big D linemen...our team has seen it all. Match ups is the key to any game and Stephenville will find the weaknesses and expose them. Stephenville will see their own weeknesses and will correct them. Sorry Kilgore but this isn't the season for Stephenville to go down in the semi's. Reload and try again maybe 2 yrs from now. Stephenville rolls on in a well fought game 49-35.

you guys need to quit kicking the old "left 21 on the board",horse...all 3 of the turnovers were caused.. 2 balls knocked loose and a pick..that gift to big spring deal i've been hearing dog wont hunt..its called hard nosed physical football..don't try to credit yourselves too much...but again with that said , i will take the jackets over east texas..simply because i'm tired of hearing about east texas speed..

toddg
12-11-2013, 03:12 PM
LOL. Somebody already ask this question? Speak up, todd--I can't hear you...:D

i typed it twice by accident LOL!!

adoptedbuckeye
12-11-2013, 03:13 PM
you guys need to quit kicking the old "left 21 on the board",horse...all 3 of the turnovers were caused.. 2 balls knocked loose and a pick..that gift to big spring deal i've been hearing dog wont hunt..its called hard nosed physical football..don't try to credit yourselves too much...but again with that said , i will take the jackets over east texas..simply because i'm tired of hearing about east texas speed..

Now that you mention it I don't remember it being mentioned until you did lol

adoptedbuckeye
12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Out of all the years I have traveled with the Bulldogs, I have gotten callous to our opponents telling us how they are the best Offense or Defense we have seen all year. I also have shrugged off ever time that someone says, your not balanced enough, you run to much. We are gonna spread you out and outscore you. All I can say is yes you might, but we have always been and always will be primarily a run team, that controls the clock. It has worked well for us with 22 trips to the playoffs in the past 27 years. It does not matter how many Championships you have, I how well you played last year, or even how well you played last week. Neither does it matter how strong your schedule was, nor how high CAl-Preps rated you. What will matter is when those teenage boys show up this Saturday, which ever group has the desire to win, and executes that desire to the most perfectly on the field, that group will travel on, and the rest will start Christmas break. IMHO it will be Kilgore that takes the day by 10. But everyone knows opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, some have more than one, but they all usually stink.

I don't agree with or very much like Kilgore's offensive scheme but I can respect that they do it better than anyone else in the state. Kilgore wins by playing their game and not anyone else's. It can suck the life out of the opposition to watch that clock just melt away while they wish so badly to get the offense on the field. That, coupled with a darn good defense that makes stops when it counts tells me Kilgore has a real good chance in this game.

Caprocker
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Now that you mention it I don't remember it being mentioned until you did lol

read the quote genius

hollywood
12-11-2013, 03:24 PM

I agree that 2 of them were forced by BS. The fumbles. They were not knocked loose by hard hits, they were stripped. Stidham tried to force a pass when he could have just ran it in. Doesn't matter now. Kuddos to Big Spring for playing their butts off and coming to play. Much respect to their program. Just a side note, even though the turnovers weren't caused by hard hits, there were plenty of hard hits by both teams in that game! Big time hits. Good stuff.

Jacket97
12-11-2013, 04:03 PM

Not trying to take credit away from Big Spring...they played really well; and there was a lot of big hits on both sides. But still very uncharacteristic of our offense.

Cam
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM

:eek:.....FBJ...that was an incredible first post!...:clap:.....Either you've been hangin' out with some of them Stephenville UFO aliens and know something I don't....or you had one too many cervezas and only thought you saw multiple buttholes!........That's a heck of a statement!...........:spitlol:

FBJ
12-11-2013, 04:54 PM
No, haven't been hangout with the Zoomies, too early in the day for Cervezas for me, but sometimes it takes a a butthole to spot one or two.

STUDMYSTRO
12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I know this is off subject....but why will it not allow me to vote in any of the polls? There is a message above the poll that says 'you may not vote on the poll".

Cam
12-11-2013, 05:09 PM
I know this is off subject....but why will it not allow me to vote in any of the polls? There is a message above the poll that says 'you may not vote on the poll".

....i think it's cause you're a rookie......

FBJ
12-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Maybe it is because we just joined the forum. I can't vote either.

adoptedbuckeye
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I think you need 100 posts

toddg
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
:eek:.....FBJ...that was an incredible first post!...:clap:.....Either you've been hangin' out with some of them Stephenville UFO aliens and know something I don't....or you had one too many cervezas and only thought you saw multiple buttholes!........That's a heck of a statement!...........:spitlol:

No, haven't been hangout with the Zoomies, too early in the day for Cervezas for me, but sometimes it takes a a butthole to spot one or two.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/corn1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

vtskneb
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
http://www.thecrustychicken2.com/kstvradio/video-home/

jason
12-11-2013, 05:26 PM

FWIW - Stephenville has 75 touchdowns in 1 less game.

Ville-D
12-11-2013, 05:34 PM

Go post 100 times in the word association thread....

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?124179-Word-Association-Thread

hollywood
12-11-2013, 06:16 PM

I think you need 100 posts

:wave:

What he said.

BwdLion73
12-11-2013, 06:25 PM

If you and FBJ would like I will send you an address for you each to mail $18.87 too...in cash please...you should be able to vote after that.

Oh, and welcome to the board but watch some of the people from Stephenville on here.They will try to take your money.
;)

Sville
12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Where can I look at up to date stats for Kilgore?

STUDMYSTRO
12-11-2013, 06:59 PM
How many players does Kilgore have returning this year?

STUDMYSTRO
12-11-2013, 07:03 PM
If you and FBJ would like I will send you an address for you each to mail $18.87 too...in cash please...you should be able to vote after that.

Oh, and welcome to the board but watch some of the people from Stephenville on here.They will try to take your money.
;)

Sounds a little fishy to me...lol... But then again it is coming from a Brownwood Lion.

Aggie98
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
How many players does Kilgore have returning this year?

8 on offense, 7 on defense.

Aggie98
12-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Where can I look at up to date stats for Kilgore?

They're not published online anywhere.

Pudlugger
12-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I voted for Stephanville but it really is a hard choice. To me this game is a toss up. It comes down to execution. Whichever team stays on their game best wins.

hollywood
12-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Cody's Corner 2012 Ville vs Kilgore

Question or Comments
E-mail Cody

Stephenville vs. Kilgore

Three down two to go! The Jackets traveled up 281 last Friday to take on a dominating Abilene Wylie team in beautiful Memorial Stadium. It was Stephenville that did the dominating as the Jackets beat the Bulldogs 59-28. Stephenville outscored Wylie 35-6 in the 2nd half leaving the Bulldogs gasping for air late in the game. Stephenville's machine like offense, 37 first downs, 585 yards, and 59 points wore down a very good Wylie defense. This team is special and I hope every Jacket fan near and far has the privilege of watching these men battle on the gridiron this season. .

The next step up the championship ladder gets even tougher this week. The Kilgore Bulldogs are standing in between Stephenville and a chance to play for #5. Both teams dropped down from 4A last year and both went to the qtr. finals. Kilgore comes in with a ferocious defense aptly nicknamed the Ragin' Red. This defense is mobile, agile, and hostile. This is what they hang their hat on. No team has scored more than 20 points on the Bulldogs and that was Gilmer in their only loss. These two will battle it out at beautiful Vernon Newsome Stadium in Mansfield, TX. This is one of the best high school stadiums in the metroplex. The weather is going to be nice, it is the semi-finals, and Texas high school football. What else could you ask for? It is time to show up in force Jacket fans and be loud and proud!.

Stephenville Yellow Jackets (11-1) vs. Kilgore Bulldogs (11-1):
Here are your projected starting lineups. (Kilgore does not provide ht. and wt.)

Kilgore

Offense
Position Player Class Height Weight
LT #54 Jake Jordan Sr. 6'0 230
LG #79 Tyler Jones Sr. 5'9 260
C #50 Nolan Grush Jr. 5'10 200
RG #78 Clay Wiley Jr. 6'0 290
RT #63 Ryan Reinhart Sr. 6'2 200
TE #81 Jared Wood So. - -
WR #3 Aaron Foy Jr. 5'10 165
WR #6 DaQuavian Brewster Sr. 6'1 170
QB #4 Cooper Coldiron Sr. 5'11 170
FB #12 Jack Johnston Jr. - -
TB #10 Davieonta Brown Jr. 5'9 170
Defense
DE #5 Cornelius Bell Sr. 6'1 230
DT #96 LaDarrin Anthony Jr. 5'9 200
DT #98 Josh Daniels Sr. 6'0 300
DE #82 DaQuellan Scott Jr. 5'9 210
OLB #40 Jake Brantly Jr. 5'10 185
ILB #44 AJ Davis Sr. 5'11 200
ILB #43 Kris Valdez Sr. - -
OLB #24 Kevrin Justice So. - -
CB #11 Joseph Shepherd Jr. 5'10 160
CB #15 Benny Colbert Jr. 5'9 170
S #17 Hector Peralez Sr. 6'0 160

Stephenville Yellow Jackets

Offense
Position Player Class Height Weight
LT #64 Bryan Manley Sr. 6'4 315
LG #53 Matt Diaz Jr. 6'0 275
C #51 Tyler Ferguson Jr. 5'11 255
RG #61 Max Jones Jr. 6'2 230
RT #50 Dayton Laxson Sr. 5'10 210
TE #38 Brock Morrison So. 5'11 190
WR #1 Jarrett Stidham So. 6'3 190
WR #10 Alex Sanchez Sr. 5'10 180
WR #88 Brice Gunter Sr. 6'3 195
QB #2 Tyler Jones Sr. 6'3 205
RB #22 Witt Westbrook Sr. 5'10 195
Defense
DE #25 Chase Varnado Sr. 6'1 220
NG #55 Kody Hook Sr. 6'3 290
DE #35 Jonah Noah Jr. 6'2 215
OLB #7 CJ Cline Sr. 5'11 185
ILB #40 David Jackson Jr. 5'10 190
ILB #31 Kobe Beavers Jr. 5'10 200
OLB #22 Witt Westbrook Sr. 5'10 195
CB #23 Preston Brown Sr. 5'10 175
CB #21 Tyler Petit Sr. 5'9 165
SS #8 Tyler Isham Jr. 6'0 180
FS #13 Mookie Carlile Jr. 6'2 190

Stephenville
Kilgore
Monterrey Tec L 17-27 @ Marshal W 42-0
Aledo W 41-28 Sweeny W 24-7
Beaumont Ozen W 31-6 Cancelled -
@ Waco La Vega W 43-22 @ Mount Pleasant W 38-6
Amarillo W 35-14 Longview Sprng Hill* W 41-0
Glen Rose* W 48-30 @ Bullard* W 27-14
@ Alvarado* W 32-20 Gladewater* W 31-8
Venus* W 56-13 @ Tyler Chapel Hill* W 31-2
@ Hillsboro* W 63-13 Henderson* W 14-10
Bye - @ Gilmer* L 14-20
vs. Burnet** W 56-27 vs. Athens** W 42-7
vs. Kennedale** W 56-24 vs. Paris** W 41-14
vs. Abilene Wylie W 59-28 vs. Gainesville** W 30-14
*= District Game **= Playoff Game

By the numbers:

Kilgore
Team offense
202.2 avg. rush yards
109.9 avg. pass yards
312.1 avg. total yards
31.3 avg. points

Team defense
119.1 avg. rush yards allowed
97.2 avg. pass yards allowed
216.3 avg. total yards allowed
8.5 avg. points allowed

Stephenville
Team offense
189.8 avg. rush yards
278.6 avg. pass yards
468.4 avg. total yards
44.8 avg. points

Team defense
160.6 avg. rush yards allowed
129.7 avg. pass yards allowed
290.3 avg. total yards allowed
21.0 avg. points allowed

Individual Offensive Leaders:

Kilgore
Stephenville
Passing C-A-I Yards TDs
Cooper Coldiron 67-125-3 1,319 12
Tyler Jones 224-328-4 3,257 37
Rushing Attempts Yards TDs
Austin Jordan 123 856 7
Witt Westbrook 167 1,042 11
Receiving Receptions Yards TDs
Aaron Foy 17 401 4
Brice Gunter 73 1,143 15

Key Personnel and Scouting Report

Offense
Kilgore is a power I offense that will run the ball about 75% of the time. They want to run, run, run then play action pass. There is nothing fancy or tricky about what they want to do. They are methodical in their execution and have no problem punting the ball and playing defense. The Bulldogs employ running back by committee and have a whole stable full of them. The leading rusher is Austin Jordan. The QB Coldiron played both ways last year but has played exclusively under center in 2012. He does a very good job at executing their offense and keeping defenses honest with his arm. The Bulldogs have a big time playmaker at WR in Aaron Foy. Foy has lightning speed and will easily be the most electric WR Sville has faced to date. He is averaging 33 yds per reception. No power I team would be complete without a stout offensive line. The Hogs or should I say Dogs up front for Kilgore have been very impressive on film. They are big and physical.

Defense
Kilgore's bread is buttered on this side of the ball. The Bulldogs will base out of the 4-4 defense. They had 6 starters returning on D from a 4A D2 qtr. finalist team. Their defensive line is the best Stephenville has seen to date. The most impressive of the down lineman Josh Daniels. They all have very good size. DE Bell will play some RB as well and comes in around 240. The linebacking core flies to the football and tackles with authority. They are led by ILB AJ Davis. Davis can bring the wood at 6'0 220. The secondary has been just as impressive limiting opposing offenses to just 89 yards a game through the air and they have picked off 25 passes. Both corner backs are VERY good. You will not see Kilgore bring more than the front 4 very often. They are very adapt at playing their game and letting their playmakers be playmakers.

Special Teams
The place kicker will pooch kick and kick it deep. His deep kicks avg. the 10. Punter is right footed and average for the high school level. They fly down the field on their coverage teams. They have tremendous speed on their return teams. The Jackets must do a better job at kick coverage this week.

Prediction
When you get to the semi-finals everyone is good. I expect both teams to not have as much success as they have been on both sides of the football. Stephenville hasn't seen a defense as good as Kilgore's and Kilgore hasn't seen an offense as good as Stephenville. Something has to give. The difference maker in my opinion will be Stephenville's defense against Kilgore's power game and the Jacket special teams. Garcia is a weapon in a game like this.
Stephenville 34 Kilgore 21

Be Loud! and Be Proud!

AHYCB
Cody Derrick

longhorn98
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Padilla Poll has Kilgore favored by 12 and Harris has the Bulldogs favored by 10. We are the underdogs in this game. Kilgore has the same amount of time to prepare for us as we do for them. They couldn't start preparing for us until after we won. The advantage they do have is more rest.

I fully expect the Dogs to break some big runs. They are just that good running the ball, but will they be able to sustain drives consistently? The Jackets All-State DE Noah has been out about a month and returned for limited snaps against Cooper. His presence makes a big difference on the Jackets DL. Sville has good size up front on defense and is pretty good in between the tackles stopping the run. I expect Kilgore to challenge the Jackets on the edge with their speed. If Sville can limit the big plays and force Kilgore into some obvious passing situations then they have a good shot at winning. The Dogs do not throw the ball very well, and to their credit they haven't had too.

Sville averages 240 on their OL, they have plenty of size and strength up front to handle Kilgore's DL. The Sville offense will get theirs, Stidham and Williams are just that good. If I were Kilgore I would man up outside and bring extra people to stop Sville's run. If they do that the Jackets will have to use scheme to create separation for their receivers in the passing game to force Kilgore to back out of the box. IMO, the one clear cut advantage the Jackets do have is in special teams.

Turnovers and penalties at inopportune times will be huge in this game. I predict whomever wins that battle wins the game.

u really believe Kilgore didn't start prep for Sville until after u beat Cooper? Cmon man! lol

longhorn98
12-11-2013, 08:56 PM
FWIW - Stephenville has 75 touchdowns in 1 less game.

other than Aledo, sville has played a very weak schedule! My word!

jason
12-11-2013, 09:20 PM
other than Aledo, sville has played a very weak schedule! My word!
lol - to call their schedule weak is idiotic

Kilgore's Schedule

4A Marshall 3-8
4A Pine Tree 3-7
4A Mt. Pleasant 4-6
3A Spring Hill 3-7
3A Bullard 3-6
3A Gladewater 7-7
3A Chapel Hill 9-5
3A Henderson 3-7
3A Gilmer 11-2
3A Van 4-7
3A Kaufman 8-4
3A Lone Star
3A Chapel Hill 9-5

Total 73-76 - that counts 9-5 Chapel Hill twice so 64-71 without the 2nd game

Stephenville's Schedule

Univ Monterrey Prepa Tech 1-4
4A Aledo 14-0
6A Ft. Lauderdale Dillard (FL) 9-4
3A LaVega 6-6
4A Amarillo 7-6
3A Glen Rose 5-6
3A Alvarado 6-5
3A Venus 5-5
3A Hillsboro 3-8
3A Brownwood 4-7
3A Springtown 6-7
3A Big Spring 9-4
3A Lubbock Cooper 11-3

Total 86-65

Just sayin'....

hollywood
12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
lol - to call their schedule weak is idiotic

Kilgore's Schedule

4A Marshall 3-8
4A Pine Tree 3-7
4A Mt. Pleasant 4-6
3A Spring Hill 3-7
3A Bullard 3-6
3A Gladewater 7-7
3A Chapel Hill 9-5
3A Henderson 3-7
3A Gilmer 11-2
3A Van 4-7
3A Kaufman 8-4
3A Lone Star
3A Chapel Hill 9-5

Total 73-76 - that counts 9-5 Chapel Hill twice so 64-71 without the 2nd game

Stephenville's Schedule

Univ Monterrey Prepa Tech 1-4
4A Aledo 14-0
6A Ft. Lauderdale Dillard (FL) 9-4
3A LaVega 6-6
4A Amarillo 7-6
3A Glen Rose 5-6
3A Alvarado 6-5
3A Venus 5-5
3A Hillsboro 3-8
3A Brownwood 4-7
3A Springtown 6-7
3A Big Spring 9-4
3A Lubbock Cooper 11-3

Total 86-65

Just sayin'....

Thank you!!! I've been wanting to get the time to look this up. Thank you!

And just a side note... I have mentioned this many times. I watched Kilgore struggle against a Gilmer team who turned the ball over to them 5 times!! Kilgore won 34-29. Kilgore hasn't seen a team this season that can play power spread and goes vertical.

adoptedbuckeye
12-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Thank you!!! I've been wanting to get the time to look this up. Thank you!

And just a side note... I have mentioned this many times. I watched Kilgore struggle against a Gilmer team who turned the ball over to them 5 times!! Kilgore won 34-29. Kilgore hasn't seen a team this season that can play power spread and goes vertical.

What do you think about it hollywood, 10-12 point underdogs? I don't buy that at all. I respect what Kilgore does but I believe they are beatable by the right team. And Stephenville just may be that reckoning.

hollywood
12-11-2013, 10:03 PM
What do you think about it hollywood, 10-12 point underdogs? I don't buy that at all. I respect what Kilgore does but I believe they are beatable by the right team. And Stephenville just may be that reckoning.

adoptedbuckeye, you know that I know that you know what we saw! Lol

Honestly, when my nephews and I left that game, we all looked at each other and said, Gilmer was the better team. It happens sometimes and it just so happened that night to Gilmer. Turnoveritis! It happened to Stephenville 2 weeks ago against Big Spring. That game should have been a 50's to 20's game. But you know the saying, if if's were candy and but's were too...

Gilmer has a similar scheme as Stephenville's. One key difference is the QB and the fact the Stephenville scheme plays more vertical, down field. OL/DL play is a little more polished. We'll see Saturday. Kilgore is good! Good enough to down Stephenville, I don't believe so. I've been wrong before, but I like what I saw in terms of mismatches in certain areas. ;)

adoptedbuckeye
12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
adoptedbuckeye, you know that I know that you know what we saw! Lol

Honestly, when my nephews and I left that game, we all looked at each other and said, Gilmer was the better team. It happens sometimes and it just so happened that night to Gilmer. Turnoveritis! It happened to Stephenville 2 weeks ago against Big Spring. That game should have been a 50's to 20's game. But you know the saying, if if's were candy and but's were too...

Gilmer has a similar scheme as Stephenville's. One key difference is the QB and the fact the Stephenville scheme plays more vertical, down field. OL/DL play is a little more polished. We'll see Saturday. Kilgore is good! Good enough to down Stephenville, I don't believe so. I've been wrong before, but I like what I saw in terms of mismatches in certain areas. ;)
Well, I'm going with Stephenville in a decisive victory. Got the turnover bugs out and the Kilgore defense can be scored on with the right execution! They can try to hold the ball all they want but I don't think that game plan will work Saturday.

gameface
12-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Another great matchup in the final 4! I voted for Stephenville crew- tough one but went with QB passing effectiveness! Kilgore, I know your big & talented. Hope to see either of y'all @ Jerry World!

slingshot
12-11-2013, 10:20 PM
How is Stidham? Heard he was pretty banged up...

jason
12-11-2013, 10:30 PM
How is Stidham? Heard he was pretty banged up...
Had a good conversation yesterday with some folks close to him and he's fine.

2015: Stidham Offered by Ducks

I would say he is more than fine. Add in the coaching advantage for Stephenville and it's a win win for Stephenville.
The special teams return game for Kilgore won't ever get a chance for a return on kick or punt return. However our kicker will get 3 points when and if needed. Our D will give up some hard fought points but will keep us in the game. Once the points start going up I predict panic mode for the Bulldogs and a one way ticket back to Kilgore for some ribs at the Tavern.

Sville
12-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Here is the box score from last year- http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=888.15

Kilgore had a better day offensively than Sville, rushed for 372 yards and 25 first downs. The Ragin Red did a good job of taking away our two stud wide receivers but that left them vulnerable in the middle of field as our slot receiver had a big game, as did our RB out of the backfield. The Jackets did a good job gashing Kilgore on the speed option and zone as Jones and Westbrook tore it up. The Jackets are even better running the ball out of the backfield this year. The difference in last years game was special teams, and I believe Sville holds an advantage there again.

There are a lot players playing in this game that played in it last year. For Sville 4 OL and TE on offense, and DE, 3 LB and both safeties. For Kilgore 2 OL, TE, TB, and FB on offense and DT, DE, LB, and CB on defense. IMO the Ragin Red's best DB is now at QB he is more athletic than Coldiron but cannot throw as well. We had a hard time with Foy at WR and now he is on defense. The RB that played the best against Sville last year was Justice and he is the primary backup at tailback.

In my very biased opinion I believe we will see very similar game to last year, Sville 40 something to Kilgore's 30 something.

Sville
12-11-2013, 10:54 PM
http://vimeo.com/55489510

slingshot
12-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Had a good conversation yesterday with some folks close to him and he's fine.Good--need both teams at full strength for a game like this...

Sville
12-11-2013, 11:59 PM
For all the peeps that like to say the 2013 "O" is not as good as the 2012 "O", the numbers tell a different story

Here is what both Sville teams were avg. offensively going into the Kilgore game:
189.8 rush
278.6 pass
468.4 total
44.8 points

270.5 rush
204.4 pass
474.9 total
47.2 points

hollywood
12-12-2013, 12:07 AM
For all the peeps that like to say the 2013 "O" is not as good as the 2012 "O", the numbers tell a different story

Here is what both Sville teams were avg. offensively going into the Kilgore game:
189.8 rush
278.6 pass
468.4 total
44.8 points

270.5 rush
204.4 pass
474.9 total
47.2 points

Nice work Sville! This is what I was waiting for. Thank you!

2muchOffense
12-12-2013, 05:03 AM
The Jacket offense creates a whole new set of problems for defenses when compared to last year. The main difference is Williams vs Westbrook. Please don't take this the wrong way people because Witt was a stud for the Jackets. A great player for three seasons and a major part of our success. However, Williams is a more dynamic runner. Westbrook probably doesn't take the option pitch for a td on the second play of the game on Monday. Defenses now have to worry about the huge run on any given play. This puts a great deal of stress on the defense. Couple that with the Jacket passing game and it is very difficult to keep them from scoring. Not to mention Stidham is an X factor. He is every bit as good as T. Jones and throws a better ball. He will be hard to stop. Kilgore will cause problems for the defense, and as the game wears on I hope they can make some key stops. I agree that special teams will be a huge factor. Our kicker is very good. I bet the dogs have worked on the pooch kick because boy they got hammered on that last year. Call fair catch for goodness sake. This game could possibly come down to the team with the ball last. Can't wait!

Dawgs
12-12-2013, 07:20 AM
I am not a regular on this board until the playoffs roll around, but I think people that see me post know I am a ETX Homer. So my opinion is biased. I looked back at the game last year, cause I have seen alot of comparisons between both teams last year. I read Sville's post on the recap. Folks this was a BALL GAME last year. I guess I was too busy watching Carthage give a game away in Beaumont to notice. After looking back at the box score from last year I noticed the obvious...Kilgore slight edge in total yardage. Ville 1 more first down. Kilgore punted once, Ville twice. Same amount of penelty yardage. Both teams 2 turnovers. Jackets go into halftime up 35-17. Kilgore comes out in the second half, and basically shuts out Ville until the end of the 4th QT. With 5:08 left in the game Kilgore scores, and gets a 2 point conversion to cut the Ville lead to 3 points. Is that right? With 5:08 left in the game Ville lead the 35-32? Ville bossed up late in the 4th after being shut out, and put the game away scoring with 2 minutes left in the 4th. That's what Championship teams do, and Ville was most certainly a Championship team last year. Now flash forward to this year. I think the concensus from Kilgore posters is Kilgore is a better overall team this season. I think this is evident from the Gilmer game. Hollywood, and I agree about the Gilmer game in many ways. After leaving that game I thought both teams were overrated. Kilgore did only win by 5, and Gilmer did turn the ball over 5 times. After listening to Kilgore posters defend the 5 turnovers, they did make sense. Only 3 of the turnovers had an impact on the game. I say that to say this...Gilmer was better this season than last, and they beat Kilgore last season. If Kilgore beat a better Glimer team this season, I have to agree with the Kilgore posters, and say Kilgore appears to be better this season then they were last. Now Ville is no doubt one of the top tier teams in 3a this year, but seeing how they have played in many "closer" games this post season than last, I would have to make the assumption that Ville is a little behind last years team. I am not sure what all this means...haha. So I'll go with Kilgore by 5 points in a nail bitter. I do think if weather is a factor that it has to be in Kilgore's favor. Even though Ville is a great rushing team, I think they need the pass to be at 100%. I think Kilgore is so good rushing the ball, that they do not have to pass to win this game. They just rushed for over 500 yards against a very athletic CH team. This one has the making to be a classic! BTW, yes I am bored, and yes I love TXHSFB! If Carthage is lucky enough to get past LG this week, we would be honored to play either team.

hollywood
12-12-2013, 08:14 AM
I am not a regular on this board until the playoffs roll around, but I think people that see me post know I am a ETX Homer. So my opinion is biased. I looked back at the game last year, cause I have seen alot of comparisons between both teams last year. I read Sville's post on the recap. Folks this was a BALL GAME last year. I guess I was too busy watching Carthage give a game away in Beaumont to notice. After looking back at the box score from last year I noticed the obvious...Kilgore slight edge in total yardage. Ville 1 more first down. Kilgore punted once, Ville twice. Same amount of penelty yardage. Both teams 2 turnovers. Jackets go into halftime up 35-17. Kilgore comes out in the second half, and basically shuts out Ville until the end of the 4th QT. With 5:08 left in the game Kilgore scores, and gets a 2 point conversion to cut the Ville lead to 3 points. Is that right? With 5:08 left in the game Ville lead the 35-32? Ville bossed up late in the 4th after being shut out, and put the game away scoring with 2 minutes left in the 4th. That's what Championship teams do, and Ville was most certainly a Championship team last year. Now flash forward to this year. I think the concensus from Kilgore posters is Kilgore is a better overall team this season. I think this is evident from the Gilmer game. Hollywood, and I agree about the Gilmer game in many ways. After leaving that game I thought both teams were overrated. Kilgore did only win by 5, and Gilmer did turn the ball over 5 times. After listening to Kilgore posters defend the 5 turnovers, they did make sense. Only 3 of the turnovers had an impact on the game. I say that to say this...Gilmer was better this season than last, and they beat Kilgore last season. If Kilgore beat a better Glimer team this season, I have to agree with the Kilgore posters, and say Kilgore appears to be better this season then they were last. Now Ville is no doubt one of the top tier teams in 3a this year, but seeing how they have played in many "closer" games this post season than last, I would have to make the assumption that Ville is a little behind last years team. I am not sure what all this means...haha. So I'll go with Kilgore by 5 points in a nail bitter. I do think if weather is a factor that it has to be in Kilgore's favor. Even though Ville is a great rushing team, I think they need the pass to be at 100%. I think Kilgore is so good rushing the ball, that they do not have to pass to win this game. They just rushed for over 500 yards against a very athletic CH team. This one has the making to be a classic! BTW, yes I am bored, and yes I love TXHSFB! If Carthage is lucky enough to get past LG this week, we would be honored to play either team.

Dawgs, good post! I agree with a lot of what you stated above. Of course, not being at the game last year, you only can assume in some cases. Kilgore didn't lay down and give up. To me, it appeared that Stephenville went into protection mode by running the ball until Kilgore scores to bring the game within 3 pts. The offense cranked the dial up again and went down and scored. That put the game away. After watching Kilgore this season, I personely believe that their defense isn't as good as last years. Why? 1) AJ Davis graduated and 2) their top DB is at QB this year. That's my opinion. I think Kilgore is going to have to pull out some stops and I bet we see the QB playing some defense this week. ;) Stephenville offense will present huge challenges for Kilgore. Tyler Chapel Hill was athletic... But from what I read, very undesciplined. Walking away from the Gilmer/Kilgore game, I saw Stephenville being 2-3 TD's better that night. So FWIW, I'm think Stephenville is 10 pts better than Kilgore.

Jackets 42
K-dawgs 31

kdog00
12-12-2013, 08:17 AM
You have 2 more days Stephenville!!!!!and posting videos and talking about last year and this years Gilmer game is not going to help you.....by the way...where is the rest of that video????where it shows us running through that "defense" like we stole something????lol....y'all might wanna go practice tackling

hollywood
12-12-2013, 08:29 AM
You have 2 more days Stephenville!!!!!and posting videos and talking about last year and this years Gilmer game is not going to help you.....by the way...where is the rest of that video????where it shows us running through that "defense" like we stole something????lol....y'all might wanna go practice tackling

Hey, we be ready dawg! Hope y'all think this years team isn't as good as last years team! Y'all been practicing your pass D? Hope got for some speed to cover the field! I heard East Texas is slow! Lol Come Sat, you gonna see what West Texas speed is brah!

WhoAmI9753
12-12-2013, 08:31 AM
That's all I keep hearing from hollywood Is the 5 turnovers Gilmer had against Kilgore I guess thats how he gets through his day so he will post it every single day. If I was you I would be wondering how that sville D is going to stop Kilgore because the film I have seen on svilles D they are bad and slow. Svilles D is worse than Chapel Hills D. When your D gives up 20,30, and even 40 pts in a gm yeah Kilgore is fixing to steam roll sville.

Jacket97
12-12-2013, 08:46 AM
That's all I keep hearing from hollywood Is the 5 turnovers Gilmer had against Kilgore I guess thats how he gets through his day so he will post it every single day. If I was you I would be wondering how that sville D is going to stop Kilgore because the film I have seen on svilles D they are bad and slow. Svilles D is worse than Chapel Hills D. When your D gives up 20,30, and even 40 pts in a gm yeah Kilgore is fixing to steam roll sville.

Kilgore better hope they can score 40+ points against Stephenville because it i will take that much; maybe more. Stephenville has scored less than 41 points only twice this year and that was the first two weeks of the season. This years offense is just as capable as last years averaging more points a game and more yards a game. With Kilgore having a little weaker defense this year, well I think Kilgores offense will have to outscore Stephenville's offense. I don't see it happening....S'ville 49 Kilgore 35. Close and intense game through 2 1/2 quarters....then S'ville takes over.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Kilgore better hope they can score 40+ points against Stephenville because it i will take that much; maybe more. Stephenville has scored less than 41 points only twice this year and that was the first two weeks of the season. This years offense is just as capable as last years averaging more points a game and more yards a game. With Kilgore having a little weaker defense this year, well I think Kilgores offense will have to outscore Stephenville's offense. I don't see it happening....S'ville 49 Kilgore 35. Close and intense game through 2 1/2 quarters....then S'ville takes over.

I agree 100%. I also believe that the Jackets have been holding back thus far and still have a completely untouched section of the play book. This will be an exciting game none the less, but I excpect to see Stephenville open up and take control of this game in the second half. By this time Stephenville's OL will have completely warn down kilgore's DL, allowing for the Ville to do what ever they please!.

I also agree with the score Stephenville 49 Kilgore 35.

WhoAmI9753
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
So your saying Kilgore's O is better this yr but they will only score 3 more pts than last yr. No sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kdog00
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Hey, we be ready dawg! Hope y'all think this years team isn't as good as last years team! Y'all been practicing your pass D? Hope got for some speed to cover the field! I heard East Texas is slow! Lol Come Sat, you gonna see what West Texas speed is brah!

Lol...we know Stephenville is good...and yes we working on that pass D....all we gotta stop is about 4-5 possessions though...that's about all the time y'all gonna have left after we drain that clock...lol...I got and an idea for yalls defense that might help....everybody get in a single file line holding hands...and everyone say Redrover Redrover let Justice come over...that way y'all deal wit us 1 at a time....lol....wooohooo..y'all ain't ready Hollywood!!!!

WhoAmI9753
12-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Kilgore will torch sville for another 500 yards rushing again the only difference is Kilgore will not make the same mistakes as last yr and spot sville 14 pts to start the gm and Kilgore will get there 90 yard TD run back that was called back last yr I'm going to talk about last yr since that's what you yellow jacket fans like to talk about. Man do I have buffet of crow waiting for yall Saturday! Hahaha

jason
12-12-2013, 09:19 AM
just for comparison...
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1036/im36.png

Aggie98
12-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Here is the box score from last year- http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=888.15

The RB that played the best against Sville last year was Justice and he is the primary backup at tailback.

Justice and Brown have split carries this year, but Justice gets the rock in crunch time. I would expect him to have no less than 25 carries in this one.

Dawgs
12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Wow this thread is heating up...Couple of new K-Dawgs coming over trying to get a rise out of Ville! :1popcorn: Get your popcorn folks, I think we might see the wrath of Ville posters shortly! :stirpot:

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Wow this thread is heating up...Couple of new K-Dawgs coming over trying to get a rise out of Ville! :1popcorn: Get your popcorn folks, I think we might see the wrath of Ville posters shortly! :stirpot:

lets see if we can keep it going Kilgore by 21. it does not matter who wins this game to go to the SC. whoever it is, is gonna get hammered by La Grange. :stirpot:

jason
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
The new guys are posting a lot of words but not really saying anything!
Just like my work meetings. Blah.

Bullaholic
12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm too lazy to look it up---what do the pundits say is the line in this one?

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 10:30 AM

last i seen was Kilgore by 8 but that was early in the week

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2013, 10:32 AM

Too lazy to look at page 2? Dang you ARE getting old Bull! :taunt:

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
last i seen was Kilgore by 8 but that was early in the week

Nothing changes. High schools don't give out injury reports. lol

kdog00
12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
This just in...Stephenville is to cancel school the rest of the week.....their defense is to show up to the gym for a meeting, then off to the field for tackling drills...etc...their will also be a drawing for 1 lucky fan to join the jacket defense in hopes of trying to help stop the dogs...you can sign up in the cafeteria....lol....jk...just tryning to change it up a little everyone keeps talking about last year..stats..whos played who...etc...when it all means nothing

Bullaholic
12-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Too lazy to look at page 2? Dang you ARE getting old Bull! :taunt:

LOL...and blind, too, Red...:D

Aggie98
12-12-2013, 10:37 AM

189.8 rush
278.6 pass
468.4 total
44.8 points

270.5 rush
204.4 pass
474.9 total
47.2 points

For comparison...

2012 Kilgore offense:
202 rushing yds/game
110 passing yds/game
312 total yds/game
31 avg points/game

2013 Kilgore offense:
339 rushing yds/game
74 passing yds/game
413 total yds/game
45 points/game

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 10:46 AM
question, if Kilgore beats S-Ville what will the fans give as an excuse.
A. only four days rest
B. weather
C. just played a better team
D. bad calls by ref's
E. team just could not get going

jason
12-12-2013, 10:50 AM
question, if kilgore beats s-ville what will the fans give as an excuse.
A. Only four days rest
b. Weather
c. Just played a better team
d. Bad calls by ref's
e. Team just could not get going

There will be no excuses. Just like the Cooper coach said about Stephenville - Sometimes you just get beat by a better team.

C

Sville
12-12-2013, 10:52 AM
A. only four days rest
B. weather
D. bad calls by ref's

You forgot F. All of the above ;)

kdog00
12-12-2013, 10:53 AM
A. only four days rest
B. weather
D. bad calls by ref's

You forgot ......F. we turned the ball over inside the 20 too much

Dawgs
12-12-2013, 10:54 AM
A. only four days rest
B. weather
D. bad calls by ref's

They might pull a Brownwood 10' and say "If we played 10 times Ville would win 8!!!"....I am just messing around guys. I am trying to pass time till tomorrow night.

Jacket97
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
A. only four days rest
B. weather
D. bad calls by ref's

What was Kilgores excuse last season? "Just played a better team" isn't an excuse...it's a fact. All that aside; the team that makes the least amount of mistakes is the team that is going to win. Both are good, but which is going to have the better day? We will all find out on Saturday and I think Stephenville is primed and ready to roll!

kdog00
12-12-2013, 11:06 AM
What was Kilgores excuse last season? "Just played a better team" isn't an excuse...it's a fact. All that aside; the team that makes the least amount of mistakes is the team that is going to win. Both are good, but which is going to have the better day? We will all find out on Saturday and I think Stephenville is primed and ready to roll!

True...its not always the best teams that wins....but who's the best that day....and yes Stephenville did what they had to do to win

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 11:12 AM
one more question since i dont know alot about these two teams except from listening to them play on the net. if both teams come out and they both play perfect games who wins?

FBJ
12-12-2013, 11:20 AM
one more question since i dont know alot about these two teams except from listening to them play on the net. If both teams come out and they both play perfect games who wins?

"the fans"

Jacket97
12-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I won't say having only four days off to heal up vs six doesn't give Kilgore an advantage in a sense. But as far as game planning and preparation for the game; the players will be prepared in that sense and would be able to play tomorrow if they needed too. S'ville will be ready...and we have several players that are out to prove a point. Maybe they don't have the revenge factor that Kilgore players do...but they want to be the best in their positions and prove that to everyone else. This is the best stage they have to do just that and I am going to be excited to see it on Saturday. I just don't have any doubt who will play the best game this Saturday...S'ville rolls.

WhoAmI9753
12-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Here we go again about last yr damn! I think yall bring up last yr so much because everyone knows yall where good but this yr sville has nothing to offer but to just show up and hopefully we can get the win. Naw sville is going to run into a brick wall come Saturday and that's a FACT JACK!! Hahaha!

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
"the fans"

True statement! If both teams come out fireing in all cylinders it is going to be epic!

Jackets win 49-35! :taunt:

WhoAmI9753
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
True statement! If both teams come out fireing in all cylinders it is going to be epic!

Jackets win 49-35! :taunt:

If both teams are on their gm Kilgore 49 Stephenville 28

hollywood
12-12-2013, 11:39 AM
It doesn't matter how much time a team has to prepare for Stephenville, they are not going to slow down the offense. Kilgore will have to outscored Stephenville to win. Period!

So can we get Kilgore to admit they got beat by a better team last season? And if it happens again, will any of the posters come back to eat their crow and admit they got beat by a better team?

I'll be one of the first to congratulate Kiglore if they knock off the defending champs.

Ville by 10+

Oh by the way, have I mentioned Gilmer turned the ball over 5 times to Kilgore?? And Kilgore only won by 5 pts! Wow

Jacket97
12-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Here we go again about last yr damn! I think yall bring up last yr so much because everyone knows yall where good but this yr sville has nothing to offer but to just show up and hopefully we can get the win. Naw sville is going to run into a brick wall come Saturday and that's a FACT JACK!! Hahaha!

Your right...I brought up last season; just because that is the last time these two teams met. And since Kilgore was on the losing side of that contest..just wondered what Kilgores fans excuses were. Stephenville football tends to break hearts on the other side of the field...leaving only "what if's" or "should haves" and "why didn't we do this or that" or "how did that happen". East Texas "Speed" teams only wins over other East Texas "Speed" teams. When East Texas "Speed" actually beats a Stephenville team; then I will eat my crow. But until I see it happen; I will still stick with Stephenville stopping a "one demensional team with lots of "Speed" over an East Texas team stopping Stephenville's multi-functional offense. Like I said in a previous post. Kilgore will get theirs rushing the ball...but will they stop S'ville from scoring more? I just don't think it will happen.

Bullaholic
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM
It doesn't matter how much time a team has to prepare for Stephenville, they are not going to slow down the offense. Kilgore will have to outscored Stephenville to win. Period!

So can we get Kilgore to admit they got beat by a better team last season? And if it happens again, will any of the posters come back to eat their crow and admit they got beat by a better team?

I'll be one of the first to congratulate Kiglore if they knock off the defending champs.

Ville by 10+

Oh by the way, have I mentioned Gilmer turned the ball over 5 times to Kilgore?? And Kilgore only won by 5 pts! Wow

Oh my---you dug deep in that tinderbox now, Hollywood----Good Boy!...:D

hollywood
12-12-2013, 11:46 AM
For comparison...

2012 Kilgore offense:
202 rushing yds/game
110 passing yds/game
312 total yds/game
31 avg points/game

2013 Kilgore offense:
339 rushing yds/game
74 passing yds/game
413 total yds/game
45 points/game

2013 stats actually play into Stephenville's favor more this season. IMO

Teams that are not a solid threat passing the ball, have had a rough time against Stephenville.

Kilgore will likely get their yards rushing, but I'm predicting it will be slightly lower than their average. Without the serious threat of the pass, Stephenville can bring immense pressure at the run. The QB for Kilgore is a good athlete, but not a true QB. He just threw it up and hoped his receivers would come down with it against Gilmer.

jason
12-12-2013, 11:50 AM
threw it up and hoped his receivers would come down with it against Gilmer.
That's what the Big Spring QB did.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 11:52 AM

Ville by 10+

did the ville play Gilmer this year? i dont think so, why bring that up. you never know what would happen if the Jackets had played them could been the same thing. (just saying)
i know you will come back and say we would have killed them but you just cant, you have no clue what would have happened.

kdog00
12-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Teams that are not a solid threat passing the ball, have had a rough time against Stephenville.

Kilgore will likely get their yards rushing, but I'm predicting it will be slightly lower than their average. Without the serious threat of the pass, Stephenville can bring immense pressure at the run. The QB for Kilgore is a good athlete, but not a true QB. He just threw it up and hoped his receivers would come down with it against Gilmer.

Well with that Stephenville defense....our 3-4 throw it up and pray passes will probably work on y'all then...lol...keep thinking we cant pass....ohhh, on another note..I listened to the game against Lubbock and I remember a few times hearing, "Stephenville defense bit on the play action!!!"....uhhhh ohhhhh....only we will catch the ball and take it to the house

adoptedbuckeye
12-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Kilgore's qb would rather take off with the ball than throw it anyway and if you can take away his cutback lane and force throws Stephenville can create turnovers. Have to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down too though.

FBJ
12-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Since all the Jacket fans are hung up quoting stats, and schedules played, as to projecting outcomes, how about this.

Rank School State League Division W-L League W-L Division W-L Rating Schedule Strength Opponents' W-L
1 Argyle (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region II District 10
3A 14-0 4-0 (1st) 13-0 59.4 25.1 93-72
WINS: #240 Gilmer (TX) (45-38), #566 Nolan Catholic (Fort Worth, TX) (44-21), #952 Celina (TX) (63-13), #1529 Melissa (TX) (55-27), #1556 Gladewater (TX) (42-8), #1572 Lone Star (Frisco, TX) (53-7), #2104 Wylie (Abilene, TX) (38-0), #2215 Kennedale (TX) (45-7), #3381 Paris (TX) (53-7), #5141 Ranchview (Irving, TX) (65-9), #5939 Wilmer-Hutchins (Dallas, TX) (52-12), #6686 Aubrey (TX) (59-8), #7004 Madison [James] (Dallas, TX) (66-7), #7828 Krum (TX) (57-12), LOSSES: none

2 Kilgore (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region II District 16
3A 13-0 6-0 (1st) 10-0 57.8 27.5 75-76
WINS: #240 Gilmer (TX) (34-29), #601 Chapel Hill (Tyler, TX) (59-19), #601 Chapel Hill (Tyler, TX) (42-25), #1556 Gladewater (TX) (24-6), #1572 Lone Star (Frisco, TX) (56-21), #2222 Kaufman (TX) (21-14), #2954 Henderson (TX) (63-10), #3194 Marshall (TX) (42-7), #3599 Mt. Pleasant (TX) (48-20), #3899 Spring Hill (Longview, TX) (41-12), #4209 Bullard (TX) (49-7), #4423 Pine Tree (Longview, TX) (56-7), #4806 Van (TX) (49-7), LOSSES: none

3 Carthage (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region III District 20
3A 13-1 4-0 (1st) 10-0 56.4 25.7 80-81
WINS: #534 Navasota (TX) (44-14), #574 West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) (28-14), #601 Chapel Hill (Tyler, TX) (52-22), #1225 Silsbee (TX) (49-6), #1303 Jasper (TX) (41-26), #1578 Nacogdoches (TX) (44-40), #3941 Mexia (TX) (49-6), #4400 Lindale (TX) (45-17), #4916 Center (TX) (55-3), #6405 Jacksonville (TX) (42-28), #7848 Diboll (TX) (49-6), #8700 Rusk (TX) (44-7), #11506 Huntington (TX) (55-6), LOSSES: #199 Whitehouse (TX) (63-39)

4 Fairfield (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region III District 19
3A 14-0 4-0 (1st) 14-0 55.8 18.5 72-89
WINS: #534 Navasota (TX) (44-24), #1194 Rockdale (TX) (42-7), #1294 Connally (Waco, TX) (69-12), #2037 Palestine (TX) (54-0), #2601 Hardin-Jefferson (Sour Lake, TX) (57-14), #3397 Madisonville (TX) (50-14), #3941 Mexia (TX) (72-0), #4655 Glen Rose (TX) (55-7), #4916 Center (TX) (58-21), #6594 Groesbeck (TX) (55-7), #7569 Canton (TX) (57-0), #7848 Diboll (TX) (60-6), #7848 Diboll (TX) (70-13), #8700 Rusk (TX) (61-0), LOSSES: none

5 Graham (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region I District 5
3A 14-0 4-0 (1st) 13-0 54.1 16.4 76-84
WINS: #646 Shallowater (TX) (45-14), #1332 Vernon (TX) (49-20), #2104 Wylie (Abilene, TX) (35-14), #2967 Estacado (Lubbock, TX) (42-6), #3280 Springtown (TX) (49-14), #3675 Brownwood (TX) (56-15), #4289 Hirschi (Wichita Falls, TX) (71-39), #4655 Glen Rose (TX) (34-0), #4887 Breckenridge (TX) (44-0), #5374 Burkburnett (TX) (32-0), #6252 Iowa Park (TX) (45-3), #7851 Castleberry (Fort Worth, TX) (68-0), #8772 Bridgeport (TX) (55-0), #10084 Mineral Wells (TX) (51-7), LOSSES: none

6 Gilmer (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region II District 16
3A 11-2 5-1 (2nd) 8-2 51.7 26.8 91-66
WINS: #601 Chapel Hill (Tyler, TX) (56-28), #634 Prestonwood Christian (Plano, TX) (66-32), #1556 Gladewater (TX) (52-14), #2299 Daingerfield (TX) (54-27), #2811 Atlanta (TX) (57-7), #2954 Henderson (TX) (64-7), #3899 Spring Hill (Longview, TX) (71-13), #4209 Bullard (TX) (62-0), #5823 Pittsburg (TX) (48-0), #6405 Jacksonville (TX) (60-20), #7019 Mineola (TX) (52-0), LOSSES: #81 Argyle (TX) (45-38), #97 Kilgore (TX) (34-29)

7 La Grange (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region IV District 26
3A 13-0 5-0 (1st) 12-0 47.7 19.8 69-76
WINS: #1700 Gonzales (TX) (21-8), #1700 Gonzales (TX) (48-19), #1804 Cuero (TX) (42-12), #2404 Marble Falls (TX) (49-23), #2632 Ingleside (TX) (61-24), #3229 El Campo (TX) (42-7), #3310 Columbus (TX) (28-14), #3778 Yoakum (TX) (28-7), #4142 Giddings (TX) (20-14), #4551 Canyon Lake (Fischer, TX) (48-28), #4551 Canyon Lake (Fischer, TX) (50-8), #7589 Smithville (TX) (63-13), #8859 Royal (Brookshire, TX) (64-32), LOSSES: none

8 Stephenville (TX) team preview trend
Texas 3A Region I District 7
3A 12-1 4-0 (1st) 9-0 46.4 23.7 84-60
WINS: #1152 Dillard (Fort Lauderdale, FL) (43-32), #1417 Amarillo (TX) (64-42), #1454 Cooper (Lubbock, TX) (42-28), #2097 Big Spring (TX) (47-36), #3264 La Vega (Waco, TX) (56-23), #3280 Springtown (TX) (63-21), #3675 Brownwood (TX) (49-10), #3858 Alvarado (TX) (41-7), #4655 Glen Rose (TX) (56-22), Prepa Tech (Monterrey, Mexico) (17-16), #8219 Hillsboro (TX) (63-0), #9370 Venus (TX) (55-6), LOSSES: #48 Aledo (TX) (56-14)

Kilgore Strength of schedule is 27.5 which is stronger than any of these top 8 power teams including number 8 Stephenville who strength of schedule was only 23.7.
(Courtesy of Cal-Preps state power rankings)

Ville-D
12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
I love all the "Kilgore" fans (and bandwagoners) coming out of the wood work. Keep it coming and be sure to stick around after the game is over.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
I love all the "Kilgore" fans (and bandwagoners) coming out of the wood work. Keep it coming and be sure to stick around after the game is over.

ville you should know by know i am just here to stir it up and have fun

hollywood
12-12-2013, 12:30 PM
That's what the Big Spring QB did.

Kind of.. Tannehill is a much better QB than Colbert. Tannehill had a decent arm and could throw accurate shorter passes. Colbert is a converted DB to QB.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 12:30 PM
How exactly does Kilgore think they are going to be able to over power Stephenville's OL and stop the 2015 #1 duel threat QB?

hollywood
12-12-2013, 12:32 PM
did the ville play Gilmer this year? i dont think so, why bring that up. you never know what would happen if the Jackets had played them could been the same thing. (just saying)
i know you will come back and say we would have killed them but you just cant, you have no clue what would have happened.

Of course not! That's what makes this fun. One opinion over another. You have yours and I have mine. I'm I right, we'll find out. Will you be right, we'll find out.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Kind of.. Tannehill is a much better QB than Colbert. Tannehill had a decent arm and could throw accurate shorter passes. Colbert is a converted DB to QB.

Tannehill did run all over the Ville def, they could not stop him very well. is this Colbert a runner as well?

kdog00
12-12-2013, 12:37 PM
How exactly does Kilgore think they are going to be able to over power Stephenville's OL and stop the 2015 #1 duel threat QB?

Simple...by letting them watch the majority of the game from the sideline.....duh!!!!...lol

#1 TEXAN
12-12-2013, 12:38 PM

Why should the Kilgore fans not support there team and say there gonna win the ville says the same thing, both teams have a right to believe they have a chance to win just as they should. This isn't 2012 nothing you did then matters at this point. Kilgore supports there team and coaches just like y'all do.

adoptedbuckeye
12-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Tannehill did run all over the Ville def, they could not stop him very well. is this Colbert a runner as well?

Colbert loves to roll out and when all coverage is down field he takes off with his speed up the sideline. You have to commit someone to staying with him.

jason
12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
You have to commit someone to staying with him.
Jona Noah!! I bet he could keep up!!

kdog00
12-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Its all fun....I will have no problem coming on here after the game and congratulate Stephenville if they win....these are two great teams who have fans that will back them win or lose..... neither team will have anything to hang their heads about win or lose....If Kilgore gets beat, it will be because we got beat by a better team....Good teams win!!!!.....Great teams find ways to win!!!! Lets see who wants to be Great!!!!!

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Its all fun....I will have no problem coming on here after the game and congratulate Stephenville if they win....these are two great teams who have fans that will back them win or lose..... neither team will have anything to hang their heads about win or lose....If Kilgore gets beat, it will be because we got beat by a better team....Good teams win!!!!.....Great teams find ways to win!!!! Lets see who wants to be Great!!!!!

Great post kdog! Teams have to be "good" to make it to this point. What ever team can reach that "greatness" level on Saturday will no doubt move on to th SC. IMO...that will be the Yellow Jackets!

49-35!

Cam
12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
What I want to know is will there be any UFO sightings in Corsicana on Saturday??!!!.....:eek::eek::eek:

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Ville just take a look at all the new Ville fans that just started posting are those true fans or as you like to call them bandwagoners? i am gonna take a wild guess that you will tell me they are true fans. hahahaha
by the way good luck to both teams may they have an injury free and safe game. be safe in your travels people there are a bunch off knuckle heads out there.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Ville just take a look at all the new Ville fans that just started posting are those true fans or as you like to call them bandwagoners? i am gonna take a wild guess that you will tell me they are true fans. hahahaha
by the way good luck to both teams may they have an injury free and safe game. be safe in your travels people there are a bunch off knuckle heads out there.

Not that I have to defend myself... but I have been a Ville fan my whole life. I have only missed one game in the last three years and that was because I was out of the state on a business trip. Even when I was living in New Mexico and Midland, I would take off of work on Friday's and drive 6 hours just to watch the games. I am usually ammoung the first to arrive at the stadium and ammong the last to leave the stadium. I have been a member of this sight for almost two years, but finally decided to get involved in the action.

Prayers for both teams to have a safe injury free game, and that all the fans make it to and from the game safely.

toddg
12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Not that I have to defend myself... but I have been a Ville fan my whole life. I have only missed one game in the last three years and that was because I was out of the state on a business trip. Even when I was living in New Mexico and Midland, I would take off of work on Friday's and drive 6 hours just to watch the games. I am usually ammoung the first to arrive at the stadium and ammong the last to leave the stadium. I have been a member of this sight for almost two years, but finally decided to get involved in the action.

Prayers for both teams to have a safe injury free game, and that all the fans make it to and from the game safely.

you not one of those oldtime fans that sit on the visitor side at Jacket home games..are you?

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 01:15 PM
you not one of those oldtime fans that sit on the visitor side at Jacket home games..are you?

Nope, sit as close to the helmet crew as I can get. Usually directly across the isle from them. I like being right in the middle of the noise and action.

Jacket97
12-12-2013, 01:36 PM

I have been to all 7 Semi-Final games that Stephenville has played in.

1990 vs Wilmer-Huntchins
1993 vs Waxahachie
1994 vs Corsicana
1998 vs Southlake Carroll
1999 vs Ennis
2005 vs Highland Park
2012 vs Kilgore
and soon to be 2013 vs Kilgore...I think most fans you haven't seen on here probably just reads the post but doesn't post themselves. I have been a fan of S'ville football since 1989 and have watched over 200 Stephenville football games and played in some as well. Now my son will be going through the program soon. So i think most of the posters are also "true" S'ville fans.

hollywood
12-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Tannehill has the great ability to extend plays and has a great QB IQ. He was a serious threat throwing the ball especially with their big 6'5" WR, so Stephenville's D had to contain both. IMO, Kilgore is less of a threat throwing the ball. Still have to respect the pass, but can put more pressure on making Colbert throw. JMO

Sville
12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
one more question since i dont know alot about these two teams except from listening to them play on the net. if both teams come out and they both play perfect games who wins?

I always find this statement odd. It is a paradox in the truest sense, because if one team plays a perfect game that means the other will not.

Ville-D
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
ville you should know by know i am just here to stir it up and have fun

Oh, I know. How BBall going for you BB?

jason
12-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Drove by the practice field at lunch - looked like it's still a solid sheet of ice.

Sville
12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Drove by the practice field at lunch - looked like it's still a solid sheet of ice.

They will prolly have to go to Glen Rose again today to practice.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Its cool that Coach Dunn is letting them practice on the field in Glen Rose!

toddg
12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
I always find this statement odd. It is a paradox in the truest sense, because if one team plays a perfect game that means the other will not.
...or it could go to multiple OTs...this game will be close, and in a close game...give me Stidham at QB

jason
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Its cool that Coach Dunn is letting them practice on the field in Glen Rose!
Do they have an indoor place?
I just walked up on Tarleton's field, it is just as bad as the SHS Practice field.
Still a lot of ice in town. Blah.

Aggie98
12-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Colbert has rushed for over 350 yds in the last 2 games.

toddg
12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Colbert has rushed for over 350 yds in the last 2 games.
thought he was a DB..

hollywood
12-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Stidham has thrown for 740 yards and rushed for 140 yards in the last 2 games.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Stidham has thrown for 740 yards and rushed for 140 yards in the last 2 games.

You beat me to it....I was looking up this same information.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 02:58 PM
...or it could go to multiple OTs...this game will be close, and in a close game...give me Stidham at QB

the question was a test, if they both play a perfect game the one who wins is the team that has the ball last. cant believe i didnt get that answer

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Oh, I know. How BBall going for you BB?

not to bad we are holding our own. thanks for asking, let me know when your ready to come to game will leave a ticket at the door for you.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by BB BULLS

Prayers for both teams to have a safe injury free game, and that all the fans make it to and from the game safely

!!hook line and sinker!! was just trying make a point to viile d that you dont have to be poster to be a fan

toddg
12-12-2013, 03:09 PM
as much as folks on this board dislike Ville, his son is a dang good basketball player..and his bball skills translates well to being a WR in football...an xfactor in the redzone

Aggie98
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM

I don't know. I'm guessing that Kilgore's primary focus will be to shut down S'ville's running game and try to confuse Stidham with various coverages.... i.e. bait him into a mistake or two. It's supposed to be pretty windy in Corsicana on Saturday.

FBJ
12-12-2013, 03:39 PM

By leaving Stidham, Williams, Keane, and Salas on the sidelines looking on wishing they could get the ball.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 03:46 PM
as much as folks on this board dislike Ville, his son is a dang good basketball player..and his bball skills translates well to being a WR in football...an xfactor in the redzone

just for the record i dont dislike any program in texas or anywhere else, they take our young men & women and teach things that they need in life. sports will teach them that hard work will payoff in the end. to be honest i have more respect for the programs that are unsuccessful there job is alot harder to get the kids come out and be part of the team. ville is good program are they the best? every program is the best to someone

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 03:51 PM
just for the record i dont dislike any program in texas or anywhere else, they take our young men & women and teach things that they need in life. sports will teach them that hard work will payoff in the end. to be honest i have more respect for the programs that are unsuccessful there job is alot harder to get the kids come out and be part of the team. ville is good program are they the best? every program is the best to someone

That is a good way to look at it!

YTBulldogs
12-12-2013, 03:55 PM
That is a good way to look at it!

Congrats Stud. Your legal to vote now on 3ADL polls.:thumbsup:

You now have over 100 post's.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by BB BULLS
!!hook line and sinker!! was just trying make a point to viile d that you dont have to be poster to be a fan

Ha! Mission accomplished!

By the way Jackets still win 49-35!

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Congrats Stud. Your legal to vote now on 3ADL polls.:thumbsup:

You now have over 100 post's.

WoooooHoooooo!!!:2thumbsup

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
We all know that Kilgore is primarly a running team...but...have they been put in a situation this year where they have had to throw the ball very much?

FBJ
12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Nope not in the past 27 years have we been in that situation, because that is not how our offense is designed. Kilgore throwing =desperation=defeat. You see us start throwing a bunch get your Jerry's World tickets cause Stephenville wins.

BB BULLS
12-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Ha! Mission accomplished!

By the way Jackets still win 49-35!

this will be a game like Carthage & Navasota, Kilgore by a bunch. 42-21 Kilgore

by the way dont care who wins. who ever it is will get stompped by La Grange in the SC.

kdog00
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
We all know that Kilgore is primarly a running team...but...have they been put in a situation this year where they have had to throw the ball very much?

We throw enough to keep a defense honest and then we continue running...;)

Aggie98
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM

No. We haven't trailed anyone by more than 7 points this year and those leads were very short lived.

STUDMYSTRO
12-12-2013, 04:35 PM
this will be a game like Carthage & Navasota, Kilgore by a bunch. 42-21 Kilgore

by the way dont care who wins. who ever it is will get stompped by La Grange in the SC.

I called it as soon as the brackets came out.....Stephenville would beat kilgore in the semi's and go on to beat Carthage in the SC.

This Saturday we will see what Texas Highschool Football is all about. Two extremely good teams will take the field defending their chance to go on and fight for a Championship. Win or lose neither of these teams will have any thing to be ashamed of, both teams have accomplished great things this season.

kdog00
12-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Hollywood..where you at?.....you must have won that drawing and are out practicing with that jacket defense....remember to wrap up, stay low and don't let go....lol

hollywood
12-12-2013, 04:45 PM
By leaving Stidham, Williams, Keane, and Salas on the sidelines looking on wishing they could get the ball.

Jackets took care of Keane and Salas, get your facts straight! If that's what Kilgore is planning for, they'll be as confused as a West Texas lumberjack, Jack!

FBJ
12-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Where did Hollywood get the idea that JuJu Brown was our top running back. I noticed that he has made reference to that several times. JuJu is good and fast, but Justice will bust them boys up. If I'm not mistaken Justice ran for 170+ yds and 2 touchdowns last year, before he got to be such a hard runner.