PDA

View Full Version : 3A DII Semifinals: Graham (14-0) VRS Argyle (14-0)

Pages : [1] 2

PEdropout
12-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Ready for this to go down! Last meeting was in 2007 where Argyle defeated Graham 21-8 in probably the worst weather conditions imaginable.
Case McCoy QB'd for Graham, and JJ Harp for Argyle.
Will this be a repeat victory for Argyle? Or will Graham avenge their 2007 playoff loss to the Eagles!
Let's get it on!!

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Well....right off the bat I'd say the winner of this game goes to the SC title game at Jerryworld, LOL.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Nice to see those undefeated records up there for this game. The winner will go into the championship game undefeated against either an undefeated Fairfield team or a Sinton team with 2 losses. Personally, I'd like to see Fairfield win that one and have both teams in D2 come into Jerryworld with unblemished records.

Eagle Nation
12-09-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm hearing the game in Saginaw but just a rumor.

PEdropout
12-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Nice to see those undefeated records up there for this game. The winner will go into the championship game undefeated against either an undefeated Fairfield team or a Sinton team with 2 losses. Personally, I'd like to see Fairfield win that one and have both teams in D2 come into Jerryworld with unblemished records.

One has gotta go down! Personally I like Argyle in this match up by +7.
I'm digging through as many articles as I can on these two teams. So far, statisticwise, I see a clash between titans.

Snotbubbles
12-09-2013, 10:21 PM
WOW.:1omg!: Fairfield vs. Argyle, would be one of the best state games ever IMO. I'm thinking I'll be seeing some good state games this year. Glad I booked my room a month back. Texas HS football, nothing better.

Snotbubbles
12-09-2013, 10:22 PM

:ditto:

bearbear78
12-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Gonna be a great game. A lot of us knew it was gonna happen and now its here..two excellent classy programs gonna battle it out. Cant wait to see this one happen. Gonna go with Graham by 13.

orange machine
12-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Argyle is big and nasty plus really fast.

Argyle 45
Graham 21

SHSBulldog00
12-10-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm hearing the game in Saginaw but just a rumor.

Tentative for Saginaw Area on Saturday.

Scooter
12-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Argyle is going to be too big and fast for Graham... Argyle by 21

SHSBulldog00
12-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Just got this from Coach Pitts

Argyle vs Graham, Saturday 12/14 at 6:00 at Northwest High School

slingshot
12-10-2013, 12:48 AM

Argyle 45
Graham 21Looks about right.

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Agryle 42
Graham 21

The moment we have waited for all season, Graham to play a real team.

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Just got this from Coach Pitts

Argyle vs Graham, Saturday 12/14 at 6:00 at Northwest High School

Let me see....I think that drive from Argyle to Northwest is about 10-12 mins. depending on traffic, lol. How did Coach Rodgers get this agreed upon? I guess that stadium is just as good as any other in the area, and was available. It is a nice stadium, for sure. I'll check it out on Texas Bob.com to check out the capacity....which should be more than enough.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Agryle 42
Graham 21

Mouse in your pocket? Old Tiger going in a battle of brain power UNARMED...NEVER FAILS

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Let me see....I think that drive from Argyle to Northwest is about 10-12 mins. depending on traffic, lol. How did Coach Rodgers get this agreed upon? I guess that stadium is just as good as any other in the area, and was available. It is a nice stadium, for sure. I'll check it out on Texas Bob.com to check out the capacity....which should be more than enough.

Not as big as I thought. Seating capacity says 9500, built in 2005, video scoreboard, but metal benches as I recall. Unless they have made some upgrades to the center sections. Home side is definitely alot more seating than visitor side. Press box looks to be of ample size. Being close to Denton and right off 35W to Ft. Worth by Texas Motor Speedway, I suspect this venue was chosen for its location to potentially draw a full house. Argyle may be able to fill 3500 seats. I assume Graham will travel heavy for this one. I'd say getting your ticket as soon as possible is highly recommended. Not that much seating after the 2 schools....maybe another 1500-2500 seats at most???

Will Graham bring 3500 to this game?

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Mouse in your pocket? Old Tiger going in a battle of brain power UNARMED...NEVER FAILS

This is my official pick, not just toying with you guys. I will stand by it and eat crow if I have to on this pick.

gully81
12-10-2013, 04:57 AM
Graham by 10
This isn't last years team that got blown out by Gilmer.

Celina8
12-10-2013, 06:26 AM
I just don't see Graham being able to stop Argyle's offense and I look for the Eagle defense to dominate this game from the first series of play. Hopefully weather will cooperate and both teams come home healthy! Good luck to both , but I am pulling for Argyle all the way to a State Title!

BullBoy
12-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Argyle by 21

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Graham by 10
This isn't last years team that got blown out by Gilmer.

Argyle wins this game in the trenches. The extra four players who weren't in the touch football match last summer will make all the difference.

Deuce
12-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Not as big as I thought. Seating capacity says 9500, built in 2005, video scoreboard, but metal benches as I recall. Unless they have made some upgrades to the center sections. Home side is definitely alot more seating than visitor side. Press box looks to be of ample size. Being close to Denton and right off 35W to Ft. Worth by Texas Motor Speedway, I suspect this venue was chosen for its location to potentially draw a full house. Argyle may be able to fill 3500 seats. I assume Graham will travel heavy for this one. I'd say getting your ticket as soon as possible is highly recommended. Not that much seating after the 2 schools....maybe another 1500-2500 seats at most???

Will Graham bring 3500 to this game?

I will be surprised if we don't have 3,500!

Slick50
12-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Nothing better than being the underdog. I know our boys will be ready, it should be a good one. Graham by at least 1!!

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 09:47 AM
I am ready for this game, been looking forward to it since the playoffs started

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 09:54 AM

Argyle 45
Graham 21

I just don't see it. The way i see it is, it is going to be a Barn Burner. Both team are going to have to play mistake free football to get out of this one and make to JerryWorld

slingshot
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
I just don't see it. The way i see it is, it is going to be a Barn Burner. Both team are going to have to play mistake free football to get out of this one and make to JerryWorldI do. Argyle will dominate on both sides of the line and Graham has no answer for Sadler... JMO though after seeing both teams.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I have to go with Orange Machine on this one. Argyle will win this game in the trenches. Argyle is big, strong, fast, and executes to near perfection. There's not really a weakness in any facet of their game. Argyle wins going away.

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Graham's schedule, opponents state ranking,opponents record,how much they've been favored by and result this season.

Week 0 at (148) Mineral Wells (1-9) 34 (W 51-7)
Week 1 vs (79) Brownwood (4-7) 26 (W 56-15)
Week 2 vs (35) Abilene Wylie (8-4) 11 (W 35-14)
Week 3 at (39) Breckenridge (4-7) 37 (W 44-0)
Week 4 at (55) Springtown (6-6) 24 (W 49-14)
Week 5 vs (157) Bridgeport (0-10) 54 (W 55-0)
Week 6 at (20) Vernon (10-3)* 20 (W 49-20)
Week 7 vs (155) Iowa Park (4-6)* 57 (W 45-3)
Week 8 Open
Week 9 at (94) Wichita Falls Hirschi (7-4)* 31 (W 71-39)
Week 10 vs (107) Burkburnett (4-7)* 42 (W 32-0)
Week 11 vs (162) Fort Worth Castleberry (4-7) (Mineral Wells) 53 (W 68-0)
Week 12 vs (90) Glen Rose (5-6) (Mineral Wells) 36 (W 34-0)
Week 13 vs (61) Lubbock Estacado (6-7) (Abilene's Shotwell) 26 (W 42-6)
Week 14 vs (12) Shallowater (13-1) (Sweetwater) 9 (W 45-14)
Week 15 vs (2) Argyle (14-0) (Justin Northwest) -8

Argyle's schedule, opponents state ranking,opponents record,how much they've been favored by and result this season.

Week 0 at (35) Abilene Wylie (8-4) -1 (W 38-0)
Week 1 vs (4) Fort Worth Nolan Catholic (9-4) 19 (W 44-21)
Week 2 vs (43) Paris (6-5) 25 (W 53-7)
Week 3 at (37) Kennedale (7-5) 23 (W 45-7)
Week 4 at (97) Wilmer-Hutchins (5-6) 44 (W 52-12)
Week 5 vs (122) Dallas Madison (3-7) 43 (W 66-7)
Week 6 Open
Week 7 at (112) Carrollton Ranchview (4-6)* 46 (W 65-9)
Week 8 vs (40) Frisco Lone Star (8-5)* 50 (W 53-7)
Week 9 at (125) Aubrey (2-8)* 48 (W 59-8)
Week 10 vs (17) Celina (9-2)* 19 (W 63-13)
Week 11 vs (131) Krum (3-8) (Denton's Collins) 62 (W 57-12)
Week 12 vs (30) Melissa (9-3) (Prosper) 31 (W 55-27)
Week 13 vs (4) Gilmer (11-2) (Dallas' Kincaide) 6 (W 45-38)
Week 14 vs (41) Gladewater (7-7) (Waco Hewitt) 34 (W 42-8)
Week 15 vs (7) Graham (14-0) (Justin Northwest) 8

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 10:21 AM
I do. Argyle will dominate on both sides of the line and Graham has no answer for Sadler... JMO though after seeing both teams.

Graham's answer to Sadler is 11 country boys that will pop him in his mouth JMO

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 10:25 AM

They won't even touch him and if they do it aint going to be a pop.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 10:30 AM

Believe me when I tell you this..., Argyle is much more physical than Graham. They are bigger, stronger, faster, execute like a well-oiled machine, and will definitely smack you in the mouth at every opportunity. It'll take a monumental effort by Graham to pull off an upset in this one. Ian Sadler is a definite game-changer, but if you think that's all they have you are in for a rude awakening. I look for Graham to have some success, but I don't think they've seen a team remotely similar to Argyle yet this season. Just my opinion.

lostaussie
12-10-2013, 10:38 AM
One thing that has always caught my attention about Argyle in our 4 meetings is they are the best tackling team I have ever seen. If they get to you you will go down. Very fundamentally sound and that is from really good coaching. With all that said I still don't see this being a blowout. I believe Graham is a much better team than what they showed against Gilmer last year. Another year of improvement and I think they are ready for the big stage. Close game..... I'll say 38-34 Argyle. Wish I could come watch it!!!

Ragin Red
12-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Believe me when I tell you this..., Argyle is much more physical than Graham. They are bigger, stronger, faster, execute like a well-oiled machine, and will definitely smack you in the mouth at every opportunity. It'll take a monumental effort by Graham to pull off an upset in this one. Ian Sadler is a definite game-changer, but if you think that's all they have you are in for a rude awakening. I look for Graham to have some success, but I don't think they've seen a team remotely similar to Argyle yet this season. Just my opinion.

Seeing how everyone has an opinion I have mine. I've seen both teams play and I'll just say that it will be a barn burner and Graham does have the tools and the talent to hang with Argyle. From what I saw against the almighty Gilmer team they have the tools also to hang with Graham. So all that being said I'll have to go with the underrated Steers in this one by a touchdown. Just My Opinion.....will be a great game so come out and watch may the best team win and show up to play in the State Championship Game......Just My Opinion

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Agryle 42
Graham 21

Awwww, you waited all season to watch us play!! That's awesome, we won't disappoint !!! Thanks for the support!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

waterboy
12-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't expect a "blowout", but I do expect Argyle to win by around a 14 to 17 point margin. Of course, I'm just speculating because I haven't seen Graham this year, and I have seen Argyle. I just think Argyle will win this game in the trenches, so to speak, with their offensive line and their defensive front seven. I think Graham will be under pressure all night to try and keep pace with Argyle's offense.

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Awwww, you waited all season to watch us play!! That's awesome, we won't disappoint !!! Thanks for the support!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmatebossI may be in the metroplex area this weekend for the Desoto/Allen game. Might stop by if I end up there.

Rattler
12-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I can promise this bunch if fine young men will bring it on Saturday... All you Graham doubters will see what heart and determanation and constantly being told you are not good enough or that win did not matter....These young men will show up and kick some arse this week..... Its time for the Steers to play in Jerry World!!!!!

waterboy
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Seeing how everyone has an opinion I have mine. I've seen both teams play and I'll just say that it will be a barn burner and Graham does have the tools and the talent to hang with Argyle. From what I saw against the almighty Gilmer team they have the tools also to hang with Graham. So all that being said I'll have to go with the underrated Steers in this one by a touchdown. Just My Opinion.....will be a great game so come out and watch may the best team win and show up to play in the State Championship Game......Just My Opinion

It's no accident that Graham got this far, they are very good and they deserve this opportunity. I just think that Argyle's defense is a little stronger than what Graham is used to, not to mention their offense will also be tough to stop. It ought to be a good one!

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM

Old Tiger, we will get to him and they are going to bring the beef. I'm not saying the Argyle isn't a great team but Graham is pretty salty as well. Our D loves to knock heads

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Argyle is a dang good team with a stud kicker that can be a game changer!! Really good RB, but after watching them play Gilmer, well... I really like our chances !!

lostaussie
12-10-2013, 11:06 AM
They do have a badass kicker.....I wonder where that kid is gonna go to school?

Slick50
12-10-2013, 11:09 AM
You might wanna change your signature, not sure anyone is going to follow your twitter handle after reading some of your posts. Hehe

Steer Alum
12-10-2013, 11:14 AM
A true barn burner is what im expecting, from what ive seen with both teams, it will be a track meet, and graham will need to make those 2 or 3 key stops late in the game to come out on top. Also will have to play flawless along the offensive line in what will be there biggest challenge to date of their career probably. If graham can execute on offense, and make atleast one key stop or turnover defensively, i will take graham by one score. Will be decided in the last minutes IMO.

Deuce
12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't expect a "blowout", but I do expect Argyle to win by around a 14 to 17 point margin. Of course, I'm just speculating because I haven't seen Graham this year, and I have seen Argyle. I just think Argyle will win this game in the trenches, so to speak, with their offensive line and their defensive front seven. I think Graham will be under pressure all night to try and keep pace with Argyle's offense.

So in your previous post you stated that Argyle is bigger, faster, quicker, and I don't remember what else but now u say you haven't seen Graham play? Not sure how you can make that assumption. Listen, I know Argyle is a great team. We are very aware that we have not seen a team as good as them, but that can probably be said for 90% of all 3A teams. At the end of the day, we understand that this game will take our best effort to be able to play another week. I think our boys are up for the challenge!

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 11:24 AM
So in your previous post you stated that Argyle is bigger, faster, quicker, and I don't remember what else but now u say you haven't seen Graham play? Not sure how you can make that assumption. Listen, I know Argyle is a great team. We are very aware that we have not seen a team as good as them, but that can probably be said for 90% of all 3A teams. At the end of the day, we understand that this game will take our best effort to be able to play another week. I think our boys are up for the challenge!

Well said Deuce well said

waterboy
12-10-2013, 11:34 AM

Well said, and I may or may not be wrong. I'm just going by what I've seen or read on the internet. We know that if they put it on the internet it HAD to be true. Lol!

I agree that Graham absolutely has earned their right to be in the semis once again. What they do with that opportunity is still up in the air, and nobody knows for sure what will happen, so let the chips fall where they may.

Eagle Nation
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
They do have a badass kicker.....I wonder where that kid is gonna go to school?

Hedlund has commited to Arkansas

slingshot
12-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Graham's answer to Sadler is 11 country boys that will pop him in his mouth JMOGotta catch him first... no one on Graham's team has enough speed to stay with him.

Rattler
12-10-2013, 12:14 PM
We have already seen and beat Sadler and Argyle once this year....Now its up to the men in the trenches and who brings the wood!

CP3Dad
12-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Gotta catch him first... no one on Graham's team has enough speed to stay with him.

"Like anyone could possibly know that"...Husky's pretty speedy, tho...jk.
Great player, looking forward to the matchups.

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Gotta catch him first... no one on Graham's team has enough speed to stay with him.

That is what they said about #35 of Shallowater the 2 runs that he broke against our D he was caught from behind. Slingshot from the way you talk this kid is some kind of ghost.

waterboy
12-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Speed does help, and Argyle has plenty of it, but the thing about Argyle is that they execute like a well-oiled machine. They are stout on both sides of the ball. It'll be a tall task for Graham. That's for sure.

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Hedlund has commited to Arkansas

Arkansas ??? BS we want him to go to A&M !!! Whoop !

YTBulldogs
12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Arkansas ??? BS we want him to go to A&M !!! Whoop !

Double BS, Saban has a need for a kicker at UT. Hook'em!!!!

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Anybody know who the home team is???

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Double BS, Saban has a need for a kicker at UT. Hook'em!!!!

But at A&M we would use him to "win" games!!!

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Anybody know who the home team is???

Argyle!!

YTBulldogs
12-10-2013, 01:03 PM

Can he play QB too? You could be right Boss, in needing him to win games.

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
What I'm feeling about this game is the same way I felt going into the game in Jerryworld against Wimberley. That game didn't work out for Argyle that day, but I'm not talking about the end result. I'm talking about the whole excitement of the game.....the aura it will create. I'm thinking lots of interest will be generated in this one that will have tons of fans wanting to see it. I'm not certain that Northwest Stadium is big enough to house this matchup. Maybe they should have picked CH Collins or Apogee in Denton.

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Speed does help, and Argyle has plenty of it, but the thing about Argyle is that they execute like a well-oiled machine. They are stout on both sides of the ball. It'll be a tall task for Graham. That's for sure.

waterboy have you seen Graham play this year?

lostaussie
12-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Y'all better go recruit some fans because I was stunned at what you brought to play us. I am quite sure Graham is bringing the whole damn town. They had a load when we played them. Argyle is home though so you will catch most of the "need to be there" crowd.

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 01:37 PM
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!" Bring your best , Graham. You will need to be at the very tip-top of your game to stay on the field with our Argyllian Clan this Saturday nite, LOL. They will come from far and wide to see this epic battle on the Gridiron of Glory. I'm driving 5 hrs. from SA myself.....no way I'm missing this one! The Clan is now cultish, and has spread its roots deep into the surrounding areas of this part of the Metroplex. Bring all the fanbase you can muster up.....this stadium will be rocking.....the way it should be for a battle of undefeated titans like this.

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Question for the Graham folks. Do y'all have a coach on staff named
Wade Wilson?

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 01:46 PM
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!" Bring your best , Graham. You will need to be at the very tip-top of your game to stay on the field with our Argyllian Clan this Saturday nite, LOL. They will come from far and wide to see this epic battle on the Gridiron of Glory. I'm driving 5 hrs. from SA myself.....no way I'm missing this one! The Clan is now cultish, and has spread its roots deep into the surrounding areas of this part of the Metroplex. Bring all the fanbase you can muster up.....this stadium will be rocking.....the way it should be for a battle of undefeated titans like this.

The mayor has issued a proclamation stating Saturday as " nobody left in Graham day" !!! We're bringing it and that's not just fans !! This game is gonna be braggin rights for sure!!! Dang it's gonna be a looong week!!

PEdropout
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Okay, my attempt at a brief breakdown!

To beat Argyle:
-Win the turnover battle.
-Special Teams needs to keep them pinned deep, make them work for their yards.
-Double team Sadler, contain him to short yardage, take him away as a deep threat.
-Key a big middle linebacker on their RB, hit him low and force them to throw. Their QB is good, but can't win on his own.
-Cut their linemen as much as possible. Make those big bodies become a burden.
-Change your fronts as much as possible. Argyle is probably the best at breaking down game films and will plan accordingly.
If you come out in a formation they rarely see you in, they'll be on their toes. Switch it up and don't let them anticipate you.

Havn't seen much of Graham play, so I dunno how to break them down? Maybe a Graham poster can help me out.
And any Argyle posters wanna add or refute something on this list, please do! Keep me informed lol.

Inmateboss
Question for the Graham folks. Do y'all have a coach on staff named
Wade Wilson?

Not coaching anymore just teaches physics !

bearbear78
"Like anyone could possibly know that"...Husky's pretty speedy, tho...jk.
Great player, looking forward to the matchups.

He isn't gonna go untouched. A few pops from the Steers D and he's gonna sloe down just a tad..graham will hit ya and hit ya hard. Not gonna post numbers but one shot from a few of these boys tends to shake a fella up!

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Not coaching anymore just teaches physics !

Thanks. He's a fellow classmate from '89 and I just found out he was in Graham
from two other classmates during last night's game.

Scooter
12-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Okay, my attempt at a brief breakdown!

To beat Argyle:
-Win the turnover battle.
-Special Teams needs to keep them pinned deep, make them work for their yards.
-Double team Sadler, contain him to short yardage, take him away as a deep threat.
-Key a big middle linebacker on their RB, hit him low and force them to throw. Their QB is good, but can't win on his own.
-Cut their linemen as much as possible. Make those big bodies become a burden.
-Change your fronts as much as possible. Argyle is probably the best at breaking down game films and will plan accordingly.
If you come out in a formation they rarely see you in, they'll be on their toes. Switch it up and don't let them anticipate you.

Havn't seen much of Graham play, so I dunno how to break them down? Maybe a Graham poster can help me out.
And any Argyle posters wanna add or refute something on this list, please do! Keep me informed lol.

i have watched Argyle and if you think you are going to take Saddler out of the game by double teaming him you are wrong. they will line him up at QB, Rb, and WR and will hurt you at all of those positions.. I don't think there is a team this year that has kept him in check but i may be wrong.. only seen a few games and he lit it up every time. Graham will have their hands full but they will come to play. this is going to be a shootout IMO

PEdropout
12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
i have watched Argyle and if you think you are going to take Saddler out of the game by double teaming him you are wrong. they will line him up at QB, Rb, and WR and will hurt you at all of those positions.. I don't think there is a team this year that has kept him in check but i may be wrong.. only seen a few games and he lit it up every time. Graham will have their hands full but they will come to play. this is going to be a shootout IMO

I knew they switched him around a lot. I've got Argyle taking this one by 7+
Sadler is the X factor no doubt. My little list was MO on what a team ideally needs to do to stick with Argyle... at least on paper.
I didn't say GRAHAM IS GOING TO TAKE OUT SADLER WITH A DOUBLE TEAM.
But he has been contained before, saw it last year against Gilmer.

I think Graham and Argyle on similar on many different levels, and I plan to afford both teams the respect they deserve.

Ragin Red
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Heard same thing from posters about the RB we just faced, guess what he has scored a TD in every game but one this year and that one was his last game as a high school player. So these Steer players are ready for the challenge.
Good luck to both teams, stay healthy so y'all can represent next week at SC.....

Scooter
12-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I knew they switched him around a lot. I've got Argyle taking this one by 7+
Sadler is the X factor no doubt. My little list was MO on what a team ideally needs to do to stick with Argyle... at least on paper.
I didn't say GRAHAM IS GOING TO TAKE OUT SADLER WITH A DOUBLE TEAM.
But he has been contained before, saw it last year against Gilmer.

I think Graham and Argyle on similar on many different levels, and I plan to afford both teams the respect they deserve.

no doubt about it.. this game could be back and forth the whole night. The atmosphere for this game is going to be awesome. Stadium should be at capacity for this slug fest

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 02:54 PM
There is no shame in losing to Graham or Argyle at this point. Both classy programs ,both very talented teams, tried and true football teams. The losing team will be a great team that fell short to another great team. The best teams are still alive in the playoffs and thats just the way it is. The haters can ramble on their expert opinions all day, but most of them had their teams fall victim to one of the teams still alive...so it is expected..the clash of the titans is here!! Two mighty teams prepare for war, only one will remain undefeated and emerge the supreme warrior to fight the final battle at Jerry World. If it is Argyle then I pull for them 100..If it is Graham and I think it will be, I hope Argyle is there to pull for us...Go Steers!!!!

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 04:02 PM
There is no shame in losing to Graham or Argyle at this point. Both classy programs ,both very talented teams, tried and true football teams. The losing team will be a great team that fell short to another great team. The best teams are still alive in the playoffs and thats just the way it is. The haters can ramble on their expert opinions all day, but most of them had their teams fall victim to one of the teams still alive...so it is expected..the clash of the titans is here!! Two mighty teams prepare for war, only one will remain undefeated and emerge the supreme warrior to fight the final battle at Jerry World. If it is Argyle then I pull for them 100..If it is Graham and I think it will be, I hope Argyle is there to pull for us...Go Steers!!!!

This deep in the playoffs every team wants the team that beat them to win the "Ring", it's like getting your ticket validated !! If they turn right around and get beat, it just starts woulda, shoulda, coulda !!! We remember last year well!!

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmatebossLike the Texans use their Aggie kicker?

hollywood
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I think this game will be a low scoring affair the first half. Then the adjustments will come in for the second half and the game will open up.

Graham will take Argyle toe to toe. Not making a prediction now. Still churning it over.

Nunnes
12-10-2013, 09:25 PM
We have already seen and beat Sadler and Argyle once this year....Now its up to the men in the trenches and who brings the wood!

Please for the love of football, don't bring 7 on 7 into this conversation.

PEdropout
12-10-2013, 09:36 PM

lol for real! I've been to a couple of those 7 on 7 games and saw small 2-3a schools taking down big 5a powerhouses like Trinity and Southlake.
BTW: Can somebody get me some side-by-side comparisons of the Argyle/Graham teams?

QB:
Strengths
Weaknesses
Advantage
RB:
S/W/A
Receivers
S/W/A
Offensive Line
S/W/A

Defense
S/W/A

Special Teams
S/W/A

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
This is gonna be a slugfest, I think either team could win just as easy as the other. I have faith in the steers putting together there best game of the season and taking this one. Steers by 1

Deuce
12-10-2013, 09:38 PM

I can't wait for some of you to see #10 from Graham get in space. Good luck trying to catch that west TX speed!

Deuce
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
lol for real! I've been to a couple of those 7 on 7 games and saw small 2-3a schools taking down big 5a powerhouses like Trinity and Southlake.
BTW: Can somebody get me some side-by-side comparisons of the Argyle/Gilmer teams?

QB:
Strengths
Weaknesses
Advantage
RB:
S/W/A
Receivers
S/W/A
Offensive Line
S/W/A

Defense
S/W/A

Special Teams
S/W/A

Argyle/ Gilmer was a couple of weeks ago. You can take that mess to another thread

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Argyle/ Gilmer was a couple of weeks ago. You can take that mess to another thread

What he said!!

PEdropout
12-10-2013, 09:46 PM

Yikes, typo. Correction, Argyle/GRAHAM comparison.
I appreciate you being so subtle about my mistake though. Classy!

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 09:46 PM

Yes 7 on 7 is a lot different then what we have here this week, but tell me one of Argyle's skill player that is not looking forward to some pay back. it is part of there motivation as it is part of Graham's motivation to show that there is a reason they won and it is because they have a high flying offense, and a stand up hit you in the mouth defense. i am usually with you on the 7 on 7 talk in the playoffs but this one is an exception to the rule because both team will use it for motivation

Go Steers

Nunnes
12-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Yes 7 on 7 is a lot different then what we have here this week, but tell me one of Argyle's skill player that is not looking forward to some pay back. it is part of there motivation as it is part of Graham's motivation to show that there is a reason they won and it is because they have a high flying offense, and a stand up hit you in the mouth defense. i am usually with you on the 7 on 7 talk in the playoffs but this one is an exception to the rule because both team will use it for motivation

Go Steers

The only motivation Argyle will need is the fact that there is a game this week and Graham is the opponent. I have a feeling the Graham boys are coached the same way.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I can't wait for some of you to see #10 from Graham get in space. Good luck trying to catch that west TX speed!shhhh...they seem to not know about him, you'll let the cat out of the bag.

Nunnes
12-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I can't wait for some of you to see #10 from Graham get in space. Good luck trying to catch that west TX speed!

No way Graham has a fast skill kid 😳. I bet none of the other teams in this round have a player like that.

hollywood
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
shhhh...they seem to not know about him, you'll let the cat out of the bag.

How could we not know about him. Graham has made sure we all know. And deserving is the young man! He's a heck of a RB and football player. Argyle has the speed to match him though. He'll get his yards. Best player on the field will be Sadler and Gonzo being a close second, IMO.

Graham has a great team this year. It's time to show why they are contenders for a SC. Time to play on the big boy field this week. Let's see how Graham reacts on the big stage this year.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 10:20 PM
How could we not know about him. Graham has made sure we all know. And deserving is the young man! He's a heck of a RB and football player. Argyle has the speed to match him though. He'll get his yards. Best player on the field will be Sadler and Gonzo being a close second, IMO.

Graham has a great team this year. It's time to show why they are contenders for a SC. Time to play on the big boy field this week. Let's see how Graham reacts on the big stage this year.
No sir...Graham has not let you all know...he's made his presence known on his own...and will be the first to tell you he's not the Steers only weapon. We have them all over the field. Argyle knows we have speed and our skill positions are among the best, we have shown them that already. Graham is no easy match up for anyone. Like it or not they are here AGAIN and earned it AGAIN...you guys can speak as if its our dream season and first trip deep in the playoffs. There are no suburbs here to pull talent from, just Graham , and with that we practice hard , play hard, and win football games. Just team of hometown brothers that will hit like freight trains, run like jack rabbits, make the big plays, and win like the dream season under dogs you haters make them out to be..keep hatin and we just gonna keep winning

skins4life
12-10-2013, 11:01 PM

It'll take 11 country boys and 5 to 6 striped jersey helpers to stop SADLER. JMO. If you haven't seen this young man or the EAGLES play you need to stay at Graham and listen to this one on the radio. IMO Good luck.

skins4life
12-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks. He's a fellow classmate from '89 and I just found out he was in Graham
from two other classmates during last night's game.

Graham is in deep poo with a Sweetwater grad for a coach. :)

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 11:19 PM
All I have to say is "Thank goodness Argyle is home team. That means the Eagle Band will be playing the national anthem, haha".

skins4life
12-10-2013, 11:32 PM
All I have to say is "Thank goodness Argyle is home team. That means the Eagle Band will be playing the national anthem, haha".

And they get the ball first if Graham defers (if they win the toss) which means, Argyle 7 Graham 0 after the first Argyle drive.

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 11:32 PM
I'll be driving 5 hrs. to see this game, folks. That's about how long it takes from N. San Antonio. Already arranged my 2 nights comped over at Winstar, only an hour from the stadium. I'll arrange for tickets tomorrow, and then leave here about 3:30 am Friday to miss the Austin and Temple traffic. I'll also miss the Ft. Worth morning traffic too, but barely. May decide to stop for some breakfast in Hillsboro or Alvarado just to make sure, huh? Should be able to leave the casino about 3:30 Sat. and get to the gate by 5pm , no problemo. If there's a tailgate going on, I'll be there earlier. This is one of those games you just don't want to miss. The weather will be cool, but clear. I'm hoping for a big win at the stadium Friday nite and a big win at the casino later that night after the game. By 10 pm, we should have a winner.

skins4life
12-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I'll be driving 5 hrs. to see this game, folks. That's about how long it takes from N. San Antonio. Already arranged my 2 nights comped over at Winstar, only an hour from the stadium. I'll arrange for tickets tomorrow, and then leave here about 3:30 am Friday to miss the Austin and Temple traffic. I'll also miss the Ft. Worth morning traffic too, but barely. May decide to stop for some breakfast in Hillsboro or Alvarado just to make sure, huh? Should be able to leave the casino about 3:30 Sat. and get to the gate by 5pm , no problemo. If there's a tailgate going on, I'll be there earlier. This is one of those games you just don't want to miss. The weather will be cool, but clear. I'm hoping for a big win at the stadium Friday nite and a big win at the casino later that night after the game. By 10 pm, we should have a winner.

Dang, poor you! I'll be driving about 4 hours. Will stay at my son's house for free and walk to the stadium in about 10 minutes. LOL

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 11:40 PM
And they get the ball first if Graham defers (if they win the toss) which means, Argyle 7 Graham 0 after the first Argyle drive.

Yeah...I wanna see this "hit em in the mouth" defense that the Grahamites are talking about. They got my attention with that one. I'm betting they will want the ball first, though. They think they will need to score first and get a lead in the game....and they are right. But it shouldn't matter much, really. Argyle's D will make sure that their opportunities will be limited from what they have experienced so far this season. Eventually, the Eagle D will cause a turnover, and then the storm of Thunder and Lightning will strike in a moment's notice.

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Does Argyle have a band??

regaleagle
12-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Does Argyle have a band??

I guess I should call them more like an orchestra on steriods, LOL.

Inmateboss
12-10-2013, 11:50 PM
lol yeah I heard them at the Gilmer game !! They are very good!

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah...I wanna see this "hit em in the mouth" defense that the Grahamites are talking about. They got my attention with that one. I'm betting they will want the ball first, though. They think they will need to score first and get a lead in the game....and they are right. But it shouldn't matter much, really. Argyle's D will make sure that their opportunities will be limited from what they have experienced so far this season. Eventually, the Eagle D will cause a turnover, and then the storm of Thunder and Lightning will strike in a moment's notice.
Hoping your eagles spend the next few days thinking its gonna be that easy also...and it's not just Graham folks talking about that Steer defense

hollywood
12-11-2013, 12:20 AM

Is that you regaleagle? Talkin some smack?? That's what I'm talkin 'bout!! :clap:

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Is that you regaleagle? Talkin some smack?? That's what I'm talkin 'bout!! :clap:

Nah....its an imposter!!! Genius........both sides of this match up know what they are facing...its a respectful smack from both sides..each know they can lose this game....unlike sommmme posters who declare to be unbeatable and then struggle with teams they should mop the floor with.

Nunnes
12-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Has Graham played a man to man defense this year?

toddg
12-11-2013, 02:06 AM
As much as I like Graham.. And it would be nice to see them Steers pull an upset..and, it would be an upset... and as good as Graham is...this game will not be close.. no disrespect.. I just think Argyle is that good.. Maybe I'm wrong, Atleast I hope I am lol!

Old Tiger
12-11-2013, 02:23 AM
I guess I should call them more like an orchestra on steriods, LOL.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 02:28 AM
As much as I like Graham.. And it would be nice to see them Steers pull an upset..and, it would be an upset... and as good as Graham is...this game will not be close.. no disrespect.. I just think Argyle is that good.. Maybe I'm wrong, Atleast I hope I am lol!
No disrespect , but you are. Theres not a team in 3A this year that beats Graham big time. Can we lose a game, anyone can. It'll be a battle for sure.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 08:29 AM

You are, but it's ok!!!

Deuce
12-11-2013, 08:47 AM

For all of you that haven't figured it out yet, every team in 3a would be the underdog against Argyle! That's OK though, anything can happen when you have a matchup like this. I think our boys are fine with the underdog roll!

Slick50
12-11-2013, 09:17 AM
It'll take 11 country boys and 5 to 6 striped jersey helpers to stop SADLER. JMO. If you haven't seen this young man or the EAGLES play you need to stay at Graham and listen to this one on the radio. IMO Good luck.
I would rather play with "nothing to lose" than to play with "everything to lose" like them eagles are doing, from what all you experts are saying. You might want to get out of the house and see these Graham boys play, they aint no slouches.

Luckydawg
12-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Yes we do have Wade Wilson on our staff.

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Yes we do have Wade Wilson on our staff.

Thanks. I thought so, that should make two Sweetwater alumni on y'alls staff. Can you tell me what
he and McGee coach?

Steernation
12-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Graham by 14! Argyle is going to. Underestimate this Steer team.

Steernation
12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks. I thought so, that should make two Sweetwater alumni on y'alls staff. Can you tell me what
he and McGee coach?

Wilson doesn't coach, McGee is football I think receivers? Not sure about that And he is head baseball coach

steerz2010
12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
lol yeah I heard them at the Gilmer game !! They are very good!

Prolly recruited the band as well... Lol. We know how yuppies are. They will pay for the best...

donnie
12-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Prolly recruited the band as well... Lol. We know how yuppies are. They will pay for the best...
Typical Gaham logic. I wouldnt expect anything different coming from you guys

Cam
12-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Rootin' for Argyle and ex Burnet LB's coach Styron!....My son loved playing for him!....I'm assuming coach Styron is still there..can someone confirm??

Deuce
12-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Typical Graham logic? U might want to read the whole thread before posting something so dumb. Most Graham posters respect Argyle and their program! I am pretty sure that was just a little smack talk anyway. U got to have a little thicker skin than that.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Typical Graham logic? U might want to read the whole thread before posting something so dumb. Most Graham posters respect Argyle and their program! I am pretty sure that was just a little smack talk anyway. U got to have a little thicker skin than that.

Easy Deuce that was his first post!! He doesn't know that your suppose to like getting kicked in the testiculor region!!

Nunnes
12-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Rootin' for Argyle and ex Burnet LB's coach Styron!....My son loved playing for him!....I'm assuming coach Styron is still there..can someone confirm??

He is.

Ragin Red
12-11-2013, 11:29 AM

:taunt::bigcry:

Slick50
12-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Wonder how we got suckered into playing 11 miles from AHS? I guess it was the only stadium big enough.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Wonder how we got suckered into playing 11 miles from AHS? I guess it was the only stadium big enough.

Heck I say we play them on their own field!!

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 12:07 PM
We ain't skeert !!

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM
#5 and #22 certainly are forces to be reckoned with that no team has been able to slow but imo Graham should be most concerned with #55, #70, and #33 on D and 73, 72, 56, 53, and 61 on O.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I really don't think you have anything to be worried about!! We're not gonna overlook anybody on their team!! Y'all only need to be concerned with the guys on our team that don't have names on their jerseys, cause when you see them we're gonna be in a whole different mode !!!

Dawgkillr
12-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I have watched Graham all year and in the last couple weeks I have watched plenty of film on Argyle. This will be a helluva ballgame. There should be plenty of big time offense and defense from both sides
of the field. Say all you want about Graham not seeing anyone of this caliber all year. You can throw that crap out the window. The Steers will win this game and then all you folks can think of another reason they
wont be able to hang with their next opponent.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I have watched Graham all year and in the last couple weeks I have watched plenty of film on Argyle. This will be a helluva ballgame. There should be plenty of big time offense and defense from both sides
of the field. Say all you want about Graham not seeing anyone of this caliber all year. You can throw that crap out the window. The Steers will win this game and then all you folks can think of another reason they
wont be able to hang with their next opponent.

I love the fact that people all over the state love to hate on Graham! Hey it's ok they should be upset we have ruined it for lots of them over the years!! What don't kill us, only makes us stronger!!

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Man. You guys are certainly taking this "underdog, us against the world" thing and running with it. All I have heard is Graham is going to win this game, Graham country boys are going to blast Sadler, yada, yada, yada. Where is this "Graham can't hang" stuff coming from?

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Started back in '09 it's just fun we dont really care about all that stuff we just play back, and go take care of business!! It's the DL and somebody is gonna kick sand in our eyes every game !! We like it !!

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Man. You guys are certainly taking this "underdog, us against the world" thing and running with it. All I have heard is Graham is going to win this game, Graham country boys are going to blast Sadler, yada, yada, yada. Where is this "Graham can't hang" stuff coming from?

Ragin Red
12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Go back and read more of this thread then ask yourself that same question......jumped in at the end didn't you?
:dispntd:

Slick50
12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
We heard you the first time.

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Wasn't sure....you "country boys" work around loud tractors a lot......

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
The Grahamites are feeling kinda groovy this week cuz they actually think their boyz are gonna put the dingdong on the Argyllian clan. And they have every right to feel that way. Heck, if I was in their shoes, I'd probably feel the same way. Their team is undefeated and has pretty much done to the opposition what Argyle has done to its opposition all season long. They know they have the better QB in the game, and they're hungry for a trip to Jerryworld. So who isn't??? You can watch all the game film you want....just ask Gilmer.....but until you play Argyle in person, it's hard to grasp exactly how much speed and talent the Eagles actually have in real field action. I'm sure Graham has speed too.... most teams at this level do....just not at every position. And seniors.....lots of experience.....at almost every position. And don't forget this.....we are playing without Sizelove and Hackney.....our two great LB's. But that's OK......Argyle is deep enough in talent to make up for the losses. Graham hasn't faced a secondary as good as the Eagles secondary yet. And Graham hasn't faced a D front line as good as the Eagles front line yet. And Argyle did shut down some very good teams that ran the ball against us. Just not one that passes like Graham does. This will be the best team so far this season that Argyle will face in the passing catergory. Melissa was pretty good at it, but failed. Celina couldn't get past first base. Gilmer had a great QB and Barr had SOME success, but not enough. So I guess Davis is your X-factor. I'm coming to see it firsthand.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 01:10 PM
The Grahamites are feeling kinda groovy this week cuz they actually think their boyz are gonna put the dingdong on the Argyllian clan. And they have every right to feel that way. Heck, if I was in their shoes, I'd probably feel the same way. Their team is undefeated and has pretty much done to the opposition what Argyle has done to its opposition all season long. They know they have the better QB in the game, and they're hungry for a trip to Jerryworld. So who isn't??? You can watch all the game film you want....just ask Gilmer.....but until you play Argyle in person, it's hard to grasp exactly how much speed and talent the Eagles actually have in real field action. I'm sure Graham has speed too.... most teams at this level do....just not at every position. And seniors.....lots of experience.....at almost every position. And don't forget this.....we are playing without Sizelove and Hackney.....our two great LB's. But that's OK......Argyle is deep enough in talent to make up for the losses. Graham hasn't faced a secondary as good as the Eagles secondary yet. And Graham hasn't faced a D front line as good as the Eagles front line yet. And Argyle did shut down some very good teams that ran the ball against us. Just not one that passes like Graham does. This will be the best team so far this season that Argyle will face in the passing catergory. Melissa was pretty good at it, but failed. Celina couldn't get past first base. Gilmer had a great QB and Barr had SOME success, but not enough. So I guess Davis is your X-factor. I'm coming to see it firsthand.

Ding Dong ??? Our coaches don't allow that!!

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2013, 01:16 PM
I was more concerned about the Eagles mindset going into the Gladewater game than this one. Argyle will not underestimate Graham and I expect the Longhorns to get Argyles best shot. I also worried that the loss of Sizelove would hurt the Eagles vs teams that wanted to line up and drive it down their their throats. No worries. Argyle D has stuffed all comers. I have not had the same concern regarding a fast, highly regarded, senior laden secondary, led by D1 commits Connor Wilson and Reese Thompson. Should be a great matchup. Can't wait for Saturday!

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
I'ma thinkin' this game will be going up and down the field with some big plays on offense. I'ma also thinkin' there's gonna be quite a few turnovers that stop drives, and some defensive stands. Enter Cole Hedlund. The snap is up, and it's.....good!!! From 43 yds out that time. Now Cole has made 2 field goals here in the first half and has tied his national season record for field goals in a season. YIKES!!!! Did somebody forget about Cole Hedlund??? Speaking of huge X-factors, I'd like to see what answer the Grahamites have for that one, huh? So even if Graham does make a stop inside their what....35 yd. line??? NO PROBLEMO!!! 4th and 5 doesn't mean Argyle needs to go for it. Just bring on Cole. And if its 4th and 3, we have Thunder & Lightning. They're usually good for 3 yds. a carry. I'd say as long as the weather is good, that favors Argyle, even though your QB Davis would like it too.

Sville
12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Good luck Steers, I am pulling for our region 1 compadres.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I'ma thinkin' this game will be going up and down the field with some big plays on offense. I'ma also thinkin' there's gonna be quite a few turnovers that stop drives, and some defensive stands. Enter Cole Hedlund. The snap is up, and it's.....good!!! From 43 yds out that time. Now Cole has made 2 field goals here in the first half and has tied his national season record for field goals in a season. YIKES!!!! Did somebody forget about Cole Hedlund??? Speaking of huge X-factors, I'd like to see what answer the Grahamites have for that one, huh? So even if Graham does make a stop inside their what....35 yd. line??? NO PROBLEMO!!! 4th and 5 doesn't mean Argyle needs to go for it. Just bring on Cole. And if its 4th and 3, we have Thunder & Lightning. They're usually good for 3 yds. a carry. I'd say as long as the weather is good, that favors Argyle, even though your QB Davis would like it too.

Argyle has a kicker ??? Is he any good??

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Thanks man y'all too !! Take no prisoners !!!

hollywood
12-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Argyle will not underestimate Graham and I expect the Longhorns to get Argyles best shot.

Longhorns? Maybe casterated ones. lol

J/K Grahamies!

Graham by 7

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Then there's the one guy that gets overlooked and gets very little credit, but is actually a BIG, BIG part of the success of this team...Brandon Boyzuick. He's a senior leader on this team, and has tools that make this offense what it is. Most teams....playoff teams....would love to have this guy at the helm. He's has good size at the qb position(6'1" 195), has quick feet and speed, and is a very good decision maker. What most people don't realize about Boyzuick is that he has such a great arm. He's scholarship material in baseball, and will get offers. Without his ability to run this spread/pistol....the Eagle offense would not be nearly as effective. He is a threat on a long ball, across the field outs, crossing patterns, and tucking it to run. This season Brandon has done what the coaches and team have asked of him, and not complained. He has conisistently made quality decisions and fed the ball around the field. He feeds Argyle's diverse offensive playmakers their fair portion of the ball. This role he manages for the offense is crucial in the success of the team, and he does it consistently well game in and game out. Boyzuick is a very important part of Argyle's success this season. When he goes off.....look out. This guy has talent, too....lots of it.

Bullaholic
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
I like both of these near-our-neighborhood N. TX teams and their fans. The Bulls would love to be where either one of these outstanding teams are right now this season. It is really great for all fans that both of these teams come to the semis undefeated and riding high. I have seen both teams, and it will not be easy to make a personal pick for this one---but, one is going to advance and play for a SC. Right now---I have to say I favor Argyle to be that team because they seem to just have few weaknesses this season and have more experienced good athletes than I have seen on a team in a while. Graham doesn't have many weaknesses either and does have a full complement of talent, also. I feel that the overall strength+speed+experience factors are slightly in Argyle's favor. If Graham can influence the Argyle man defense with some cutback runs and play-action passes--I think they are good enough to pull an upset. However, nobody yet has been able to run over or away from the Argyle defense. If Graham can force several punts on Argyle and maintain good field position, their offense is good enough to capitalize with scores. Argyle is very hard to stop because of their versatility---especially with a top Swiss-Army knife athlete like Sadler. Graham's QB has a quick release, throws darts, and he is rarely off target to the receivers and can fit the ball in even on tight receiver coverages. This game should be a high school football fan's dream to watch. Best of luck to both of these fine teams Friday night for a hard-fought, clean, and injury free game.

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I like both of these near-our-neighborhood N. TX teams and their fans. The Bulls would love to be where either one of these outstanding teams are right now this season. It is really great for all fans that both of these teams come to the semis undefeated and riding high. I have seen both teams, and it will not be easy to make a personal pick for this one---but, one is going to advance and play for a SC. Right now---I have to say I favor Argyle to be that team because they seem to just have few weaknesses this season and have more experienced good athletes than I have seen on a team in a while. Graham doesn't have many weaknesses either and does have a full complement of talent, also. I feel that the overall strength+speed+experience factors are slightly in Argyle's favor. If Graham can influence the Argyle man defense with some cutback runs and play-action passes--I think they are good enough to pull an upset. However, nobody yet has been able to run over or away from the Argyle defense. If Graham can force several punts on Argyle and maintain good field position, their offense is good enough to capitalize with scores. Argyle is very hard to stop because of their versatility---especially with a top Swiss-Army knife athlete like Sadler. Graham's QB has a quick release, throws darts, and he is rarely off target to the receivers and can fit the ball in even on tight receiver coverages. This game should be a high school football fan's dream to watch. Best of luck to both of these fine teams Friday night for a hard-fought, clean, and injury free game.

Thanks for the great post Bull. Your unbiased take on these two great teams this season is what this thread needed. I'm glad that you have been able to see both teams play this season and voice your analysis of how this game shapes up. I am also of the opinion that Graham will be a very formidable opponent for Argyle this week. I really don't know what to expect from them since I haven't seen them play, but I suspect they will score on the Eagle D more than a couple of times. This game will likely be a mid-forties scoring contest for the winner, and the loser won't be out of the game til late in the 4th.....if not on the last series. Should be a real classic.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Good post bull !! I agree Argyle is where they are for a reason!! I believe Graham is where they are for a reason!! When you have this much talent on both teams it may come down to a game of Coaches!! This will be a slobber Knocker of a game hope you make it !!

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the great post Bull. Your unbiased take on these two great teams this season is what this thread needed. I'm glad that you have been able to see both teams play this season and voice your analysis of how this game shapes up. I am also of the opinion that Graham will be a very formidable opponent for Argyle this week. I really don't know what to expect from them since I haven't seen them play, but I suspect they will score on the Eagle D more than a couple of times. This game will likely be a mid-forties scoring contest for the winner, and the loser won't be out of the game til late in the 4th.....if not on the last series. Should be a real classic.

I expect nothing less!! This is the kind of game that Texas football is all about!! I just wish that my brother that passed away two weeks ago was here to see this game!! He lived in Argyle and was as big of an Eagle fan as I am the Steers!! Either way I will have a team to cheer on at the SC !!

PEdropout
12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
THIS ISNT FAIR!
It's really hard to talk smack about two undefeated teams. lol
I like facts, but in the case of Graham/Argyle, it's lookin' like an opinion slugfest.

Two titans meet this saturday, one goes home with honor, the other wins the SC.
My OPINION :)

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 02:39 PM
THIS ISNT FAIR!
It's really hard to talk smack about two undefeated teams. lol
I like facts, but in the case of Graham/Argyle, it's lookin' like an opinion slugfest.

Two titans meet this saturday, one goes home with honor, the other wins the SC.
My OPINION :)

I like your opiniion on these two fine teams PE. Have you seen Fairfield play this season? I'ma thinkin' they are also a force to be reckoned with.

PEdropout
12-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I like your opiniion on these two fine teams PE. Have you seen Fairfield play this season? I'ma thinkin' they are also a force to be reckoned with.

I've seen the threads on them and watched a little youtube footage, but that's about it.
I'm confident that either Graham or Argyle will give Fairfield all they can handle.

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Don't know much about Stinton but they are in the final 4 so I wouldn't count them out, if Graham doesn't bring the SC home it will be as a result of Argyle or Fairfield IMO.. they're both classy excellent teams that have worked their butts off just like we have to be here. Id hate losing to either but there is no shame in losing to either of these teams. Graham or Argyle will go on to play at Jerry world, which ever it is I hope and pray they get there healthy and bring that SC to North Texas.

Football Junky
12-11-2013, 03:16 PM

thanks bud, good luck to ya'll as well

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 03:31 PM
So does the Grahamites fanbase use the horns or the noisemakers when they are in big games? Y'all probably use those cowbells, I bet. Argyle used to use those, but now I think we use them marble-filled or ball-bearing type noise makers. It's gonna be a fine Saturday for football. Most of the college stuff is done with, too....so Texas High School Semis is where's it at this weekend, for sure. Haven't heard yet which combination of colors the Eagles will be wearing this week....they have 12 different possible combos. It could be all red, all black, red & white, black and white, red & grey, black & grey, or all grey. No all white, or white jerseys this week, though. I'm guessing all black with a black out for Saturday's game, but that's just guessing.

Inmateboss
12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
So does the Grahamites fanbase use the horns or the noisemakers when they are in big games? Y'all probably use those cowbells, I bet. Argyle used to use those, but now I think we use them marble-filled or ball-bearing type noise makers. It's gonna be a fine Saturday for football. Most of the college stuff is done with, too....so Texas High School Semis is where's it at this weekend, for sure. Haven't heard yet which combination of colors the Eagles will be wearing this week....they have 12 different possible combos. It could be all red, all black, red & white, black and white, red & grey, black & grey, or all grey. No all white, or white jerseys this week, though. I'm guessing all black with a black out for Saturday's game, but that's just guessing.

We're just wearing jeans and gunnysacks for jerseys!! Old school all the way baby!!! Finding boots with cleats was a booger, Thanks Nocona

Slick50
12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
We just sit on our hands the whole game, dont worry about us!!

Slick50
12-11-2013, 04:09 PM
You can watch all the game film you want....just ask Gilmer.....but until you play Argyle in person, it's hard to grasp exactly how much speed and talent the Eagles actually have in real field action.
Since you seem to know so much about every aspect of Argyle football, how many games have you watched in person this year since you live 5 hours away? Just wondering

bearbear78
12-11-2013, 04:11 PM
It's unfortunate I have to leave tomorrow for a 4 day hunt in south tx with some clients...I'm either leaving Saturday at lunch or I'm leaving Saturday at lunch and looking for new employment on Monday..

Football Junky
12-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Since you seem to know so much about every aspect of Argyle football, how many games have you watched in person this year since you live 5 hours away? Just wondering

I would like to know that myself. To see how much stock i can put into what he talks about.

firstdown
12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
I would like to know that myself. To see how much stock i can put into what he talks about.

How dare you question Regals valued opinion.

Bullaholic
12-11-2013, 05:14 PM
I said the game was Friday in my post---of course, I knew it was Sat at 6:00 at Northwest. Maybe I just wanted it to get here sooner....

slingshot
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Argyle has a kicker ??? Is he any good??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss58 yarder against us... He's for real.

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2013, 05:27 PM
I would rather play with "nothing to lose" than to play with "everything to lose" like them eagles are doing, from what all you experts are saying. You might want to get out of the house and see these Graham boys play, they aint no slouches.

Living in Graham, what makes you so sure Argyle is playing with "everything to lose"? Based on what I have seen they look pretty loose to me. You think Graham is going into this game with "nothing to lose"? How many Seniors does Graham have? How many of those Seniors will play football after this year? You are mistaken if you think your Steers are going into this game with nothing to lose.

Smitty
12-11-2013, 06:40 PM

Rattler.....I do hope that the Steers win this game, but the statement you made is crazy! I'm assuming you are referring to 7 on 7? Congrats to the Steers on winning the tournament, but it means SQUAT! Burnet burned the Yellowjackets in the 2012 7 on 7 tournament, then made similar statements before the teams played in last years playoffs.......just sayin....it was added fuel to the fire and Burnet's alligator mouth overloaded their hummingbird ass!

Rattler
12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I made the statement in reference to those that stated we have not seen the speed of the skill kids. Now you get to see the trench combat!

Slick50
12-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Living in Graham, what makes you so sure Argyle is playing with "everything to lose"? Based on what I have seen they look pretty loose to me. You think Graham is going into this game with "nothing to lose"? How many Seniors does Graham have? How many of those Seniors will play football after this year? You are mistaken if you think your Steers are going into this game with nothing to lose.

It was a statement based solely on mostly everyone on this thread picking Argyle to beat Graham, besides the Graham folks. Don't get me wrong, any kid will be disappointed with defeat. Just sayn, from this thread, Argyle is expected to win. I will root for our team till the bitter end and I hope that is Friday Dec. 20th.

Pudlugger
12-11-2013, 07:57 PM
I could be wrong certainly but Argyle appears to be the team to beat for the DII SC. Graham has the offense but do they have enough defense to stay close? Going to be a fun game to watch if you don't have a horse in the race. Otherwise a nail-bitter.

hollywood
12-11-2013, 08:06 PM
I could be wrong certainly but Argyle appears to be the team to beat for the DII SC. Graham has the offense but do they have enough defense to stay close? Going to be a fun game to watch if you don't have a horse in the race. Otherwise a nail-bitter.

Close pudlugger. Graham does have a very good defense. BUT, they haven't faced a team as powerful and explosive as Argyle yet. This will be a great test for their defense.

Bug Truck
12-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Still got to go with the steers in this one

Steer Alum
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM

I'll say this much for my two cents on this game, graham's defense has been highly overlooked due to their high scoring offense. They have really held opponents to little or nothing in most categories, especially in the playoffs. Although they havent really faced any high octane offenses, after watching them this year i think that, if they play flawless, they can give argyle a pretty tough time. Graham is a fundamentally sound team, good tacklers. So yes, i do believe graham has the defense to stick around for this one.

PEdropout
12-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Team Scoring Averages

Season Averages Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 FD P PY Final
Argyle 17.9 18.9 10.9 4.9 20.1 5.0 49.9 52.6
Graham 17.9 16.6 9.5 4.2 24.0 7.0 69.1 48.3
Team Stat Comparison

Argyle Graham National Average
249.1 Rushing Yards Per Game 235.6 185.6
145.9 Passing Yards Per Game 267.9 116.6
394.9 Total Yards Per Game 503.4 300.9

51.1 Points Per Game 48.7 25.6

Player Stat Comparison

Argyle Graham
121.8 #22 Nick Ralston Rushing Yards Per Game 114.4 #10 Dillon Gonzales [+] [+]
108.3 #3 Brandon Boyzuick Passing Yards Per Game 264.8 #14 Ben Davis [+] [+]
121.8 #22 Nick Ralston Total Yards Per Game 323.6 #14 Ben Davis [+] [+]
-

Argyle in my opinion wins this game 100%.

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2013, 11:46 PM

How is it that Agyle is favored over graham so graham has no chance but Kilgore is favored over the ville but the ville is gonna show everyone and beat Kilgore?It will take a great game to be able to beat the Eagles but it can be done.

Steernation
12-11-2013, 11:59 PM
I just heard # 7 and #10 and #14 all have all had North texas and a few other d1 Schools talk to them over last off season. Not sure if this is true heard it from a guy who sometimes makes things up. Can anyone verify this?

Steers95
12-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I just heard # 7 and #10 and #14 all have all had North texas and a few other d1 Schools talk to them over last off season. Not sure if this is true heard it from a guy who sometimes makes things up. Can anyone verify this?

No that is not true.

bearbear78
12-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Is it possible they only win it by 91.6% ??? Freakin DB

Steernation
12-12-2013, 12:22 AM
No that is not true.

I didn't figure it was

Old Tiger
12-12-2013, 12:34 AM
How is it that Agyle is favored over graham so graham has no chance but Kilgore is favored over the ville but the ville is gonna show everyone and beat Kilgore?It will take a great game to be able to beat the Eagles but it can be done.
Because Stephenville is actually pretty damn good themselves and have played a better schedule than Graham.

bearbear78
12-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Because Stephenville is actually pretty damn good themselves and have played a better schedule than Graham.

Little late to be sniffing paint tigger ...go to bed. You should also consider a name change, you're making GR look bad, people are gonna think they have no education system there.

regaleagle
12-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Just two so far this season. I've been with Argyle since inception and my son is a graduate and former player there. I moved off a few years back, but have kept supporting and watching them thru the years. I know most of the coaches since my son played the sports, and it's a small community. I still have friends there, but have some have moved on like me. I tune in to every game every season, and follow the teams in all sports. Some of the boyz my son played with have brothers that have played also. I make a point to say hello to Coach Rodgers each season and some of the others. They know I'm a longtime fan that now lives elsewhere. There's lots of us Argyllians like that.

This was in answer to how many games I've attended this season.

regaleagle
12-12-2013, 02:10 AM
What it all comes down to is that we have a great Semi here between 2 undefeateds with very similar stats, even though Graham's offensive numbers are higher than Argyle's. There's a few reasons for that this year. Argyle has benefitted from short fields most games all season long. Argyle scores off turnovers. Argyle scores off special teams play. The scoring part is there.....it's the offensive stats that are low for the number of points averaged/game. The defense has scored some points, but not that many. Graham's totals are impressive. Any team that amasses those kind of numbers should be considered a threat to win it all. Graham has only allowed 9.4 pts/gm. thru 14 games this season. That's a lower number than Argyle. Obviously, Graham has an excellent defense....or the numbers would look different. Argyle is averaging about 53 pts/game and Graham 49 pts/game....not much difference. I think Argyle allows about 12 pts/game....not much difference. So what is the difference in these two teams??? That's what this game is all about, folks. We'll all find out come Saturday nite.

Old Tiger
12-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Adjusted stats says...

Argyle 39
Graham 26

So probably 35-21/24 in Argyle favor

Inmateboss
12-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Adjusted stats says...

Argyle 39
Graham 26

So probably 35-21/24 in Argyle favor

Adjusted, hahahahaha !!

Old Tiger
12-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Adjusted, hahahahaha !!

It's a pretty cool website you should check it out.

Tom Foolery
12-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Rattler.....I do hope that the Steers win this game, but the statement you made is crazy! I'm assuming you are referring to 7 on 7? Congrats to the Steers on winning the tournament, but it means SQUAT! Burnet burned the Yellowjackets in the 2012 7 on 7 tournament, then made similar statements before the teams played in last years playoffs.......just sayin....it was added fuel to the fire and Burnet's alligator mouth overloaded their hummingbird ass!

Smitty. Good point. Melissa also beat Argyle in 7 on 7 and look at the results of "real" football game. Keep in mind that Melissa scored 21 4th quarter points on Argyle's future stars.

franz
12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I think offensively both teams are equal, but if nothing has changed since the first part of the season...Argyle's defense is the best by far that I have seen all year. Their penetration and pass coverage are very good. Scheme and desire can sometimes trump a more talented team. Good Luck to both.

PEdropout
12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Anybody know if this game is being broadcast on TV?
I just found the argyle sports network for radio. Any stations picking up this matchup?

Slick50
12-12-2013, 11:37 AM
I just found the argyle sports network for radio. Any stations picking up this matchup?

Not that I have heard of

Deuce
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM

Highly doubt it.

Deuce
12-12-2013, 12:14 PM
I think offensively both teams are equal, but if nothing has changed since the first part of the season...Argyle's defense is the best by far that I have seen all year. Their penetration and pass coverage are very good. Scheme and desire can sometimes trump a more talented team. Good Luck to both.

From the small amount of film I watched on Argyle, I would say your spot on about both offenses. I would say that Grahams defense is very stout as well. They are 10 times better since the 1st of the year. I have seen more jaw dropping hits by this group than I ever have in a season of high school football. The key for Graham will be to shut down the running game of Argyle and I think we have the defense to do it!

Inmateboss
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Time is dragging on!!

regaleagle
12-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Oh...a lot has changed since the first of the season. Sizelove and Hackney are missing now, and the sophs. are 13 games older. In fact, everybody is 13 games older. All playoff teams evolve....injuries and experience level are the main reasons. At the first of the season, Argyle's defense was very good and consisted of mostly experienced seniors. There were a few with less experience, but they had some. NOW, the defense has been forced into making up for the losses of Hackney and Sizelove and a few others that were injured early are back. A few of the younger players have emerged, but the senior leadership and experience is even better. The talent pool has grown with experience, so the depth is better now. YES....you can't really replace Sizelove and Hackney for what they contributed to this defense....but the team came together and figured out how to overcome those losses. You will hear the names Capra, Wilson, Hinnrichs, Bode, Sweatt, Treadwell, and Thompson all night long. These and other players will just make the plays against the Graham offense where other teams failed. Davis is accurate, but will feel the pressure. Our secondary is the best Graham will see. The front lines will be big and quick. Davis and Gonzales will be the key to stopping the Steers. I think the Eagles coaches will have this defense ready for the Graham offense....even on short time. The question is will the Steers be able to defend against the Argyle offense on short preparation time.

Jacket97
12-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I am going with Graham in this one. 34-31. Should be a great game. Good luck Steers.

Slick50
12-12-2013, 01:52 PM
I am going with Graham in this one. 34-31.
I would http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/beer-mugs-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html) to that!!

Inmateboss
12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh...a lot has changed since the first of the season. Sizelove and Hackney are missing now, and the sophs. are 13 games older. In fact, everybody is 13 games older. All playoff teams evolve....injuries and experience level are the main reasons. At the first of the season, Argyle's defense was very good and consisted of mostly experienced seniors. There were a few with less experience, but they had some. NOW, the defense has been forced into making up for the losses of Hackney and Sizelove and a few others that were injured early are back. A few of the younger players have emerged, but the senior leadership and experience is even better. The talent pool has grown with experience, so the depth is better now. YES....you can't really replace Sizelove and Hackney for what they contributed to this defense....but the team came together and figured out how to overcome those losses. You will hear the names Capra, Wilson, Hinnrichs, Bode, Sweatt, Treadwell, and Thompson all night long. These and other players will just make the plays against the Graham offense where other teams failed. Davis is accurate, but will feel the pressure. Our secondary is the best Graham will see. The front lines will be big and quick. Davis and Gonzales will be the key to stopping the Steers. I think the Eagles coaches will have this defense ready for the Graham offense....even on short time. The question is will the Steers be able to defend against the Argyle offense on short preparation time.

Oh I would like to think we can,Could be wrong, but I think we can hang!! Graham's D isn't the biggest or fastest but they try hard, and our O is ok we have our moments!! All I can say is we were very lucky this year to draw 14 low skilled ,weak preforming teams in a row ! Phew, time to eat our wheaties!!

regaleagle
12-12-2013, 02:17 PM
IMO, the Graham coaches will try to use the speed of the Eagle defense against them. They will try screens and counters to catch the Argyle D in overpursuit. They will probably try some quick slants over the middle to keep the LB's honest, then try to burn our D-backs deep with that set-up. They watched and scouted the Gilmer game to find some areas they could exploit. Graham is very good at finding the weaknesses in its opponents' defenses....I will give them that. But the players play the game, and will have to execute against a team that adjusts very, very well. Argyle is well-coached, and the players are very experienced. They understand quickly what the coaches are calling for. And they listen. This is a big part of the team chemistry.....not just among the players, but between the coaching staff and the players. When the talent level is high, and the players are on the same page as the coaches....well that team is gonna be a tough out. That's what Argyle is. Good luck to the Steers and their fans. This will be a great game to watch.

Inmateboss
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
IMO, the Graham coaches will try to use the speed of the Eagle defense against them. They will try screens and counters to catch the Argyle D in overpursuit. They will probably try some quick slants over the middle to keep the LB's honest, then try to burn our D-backs deep with that set-up. They watched and scouted the Gilmer game to find some areas they could exploit. Graham is very good at finding the weaknesses in its opponents' defenses....I will give them that. But the players play the game, and will have to execute against a team that adjusts very, very well. Argyle is well-coached, and the players are very experienced. They understand quickly what the coaches are calling for. And they listen. This is a big part of the team chemistry.....not just among the players, but between the coaching staff and the players. When the talent level is high, and the players are on the same page as the coaches....well that team is gonna be a tough out. That's what Argyle is. Good luck to the Steers and their fans. This will be a great game to watch.

I agree 100%,this will be a coaches game!! The players still have to execute what's called in and be ready and able to pull a rabbit out of the hat when needed!! Can Argyle be beat? Yes! Can Graham be beat? Yes! Is our program up to the task at hand? I feel sure we will be, as I have seen no signs of mismanagement to date!! I'm praying for no injuries, good weather and some slobber knocking Texas football!!!

Beavis
12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Graham has nobody that will be able to contain Sadler. 52-14 or so will be the final.

regaleagle
12-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I'll be leaving SA early Friday AM to get to the Metroplex a day ahead of time and make weekend of it. I'm very excited to see this clash of titans on the Gridiron of Glory. I know all those in attendance will see two great offenses and two great defenses going at it toe to toe. The coaching staffs of both teams are to be highly commended for what each team has been able to accomplish this season. The numbers are just astounding. It is not every season that a matchup of two teams in a Semi has each team so close in so many categories. Davis, Gonzalez, and Reeves against Boyzuick, Ralston, and Sadler. Stingy defense against stingy defense. High scoring, quick strike offenses. Speed and senior depth at the skill positions. The Graham Steers offense will present some problems the Argyle defense has yet to encounter this season. The Argyle Eagles will unleash an offense that Graham will have difficulty stopping. It sounds like this will be a high-scoring offensive affair. But you just never know. Maybe both defenses are really that good. That's what the numbers say, anyway. But Argyle doesn't play Argyle, and Graham doesn't play Graham. Something's gotta give come Saturday night, and there can be only one. My money is on the Argyle Eagles. I'm a homer, but it sure is nice to be a homer with a team like the 2013 Argyle Eagles. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

slingshot
12-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Graham has nobody that will be able to contain Sadler. 52-14 or so will be the final.Doubt it. Prob more like 36-14...

Football Junky
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Graham has nobody that will be able to contain Sadler. 52-14 or so will be the final.

We may not have just one... we have 11 young men that will contain him. I'm not say he will not have any big runs but i think our D will keep him in check.

Football Junky
12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
42 to 35 Graham in this one.

BullBoy
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I think I'll go watch this one since it's only about 30 minutes from where I live. Never been to a semi final game before, how early do you guys suggest getting there? I imagine it will sell out pretty quick.

YTBulldogs
12-12-2013, 03:27 PM
I think I'll go watch this one since it's only about 30 minutes from where I live. Never been to a semi final game before, how early do you guys suggest getting there? I imagine it will sell out pretty quick.

Heard tickets are already gone. I assume they have some SRO areas.

Dawgkillr
12-12-2013, 03:38 PM

You need to go film another episode with Butthead cause your really showing your football IQ with that post.

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2013, 03:54 PM
You need to go film another episode with Butthead cause your really showing your football IQ with that post.

Beavis' football IQ TBD Saturday night.

Dawgkillr
12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Beavis' football IQ TBD Saturday night.

IMO it wont even make the meter move.

regaleagle
12-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I have this feeling that this game will be one of those WOW games....know what I mean, Vern? It's like..."WOW, did you see that play?" OR....WOW, what a hit!!! OR....WOW, that's just UNBELIEVABLE!!! Don't miss this one, folks....I don't think you will be disappointed for attending. You may be a bit disappointed with the outcome, but more disappointed if you weren't there to see it. OR....you could be on Cloud 9 with the outcome, depending on how things turn out for your team. Either way, the stadium will be at capacity with electricity in the air. Everything you could imagine about watching Texas High School Football at its finest will be the setting for this big game. The atmosphere, the rabid fans, two undefeated teams trying to make it to the Big Dance, a great venue, cold but clear football weather, video scoreboard, pregame build-up, and last but not least....2 small towns in Texas where the success of its football team is highly supported by the entire community. This is what makes 3A football in Texas so popular. Big enough for high level performance, but small enough to consume the entire communities of each team involved. Bring some cold weather gear, your noisemakers, and posters.....and get ready to RUUUUMBLE!!!

ARGYLE WINS!!! ARYGLE WINS!!! ARGYLE WINS!!!

Deuce
12-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I have this feeling that this game will be one of those WOW games....know what I mean, Vern? It's like..."WOW, did you see that play?" OR....WOW, what a hit!!! OR....WOW, that's just UNBELIEVABLE!!! Don't miss this one, folks....I don't think you will be disappointed for attending. You may be a bit disappointed with the outcome, but more disappointed if you weren't there to see it. OR....you could be on Cloud 9 with the outcome, depending on how things turn out for your team. Either way, the stadium will be at capacity with electricity in the air. Everything you could imagine about watching Texas High School Football at its finest will be the setting for this big game. The atmosphere, the rabid fans, two undefeated teams trying to make it to the Big Dance, a great venue, cold but clear football weather, video scoreboard, pregame build-up, and last but not least....2 small towns in Texas where the success of its football team is highly supported by the entire community. This is what makes 3A football in Texas so popular. Big enough for high level performance, but small enough to consume the entire communities of each team involved. Bring some cold weather gear, your noisemakers, and posters.....and get ready to RUUUUMBLE!!!

GRAHAM WINS!!! GRAHAM WINS!!! GRAHAM WINS!!!

Very solid post Regal!!

Aggie98
12-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I was at the Argyle-Gilmer game and Argyle is definitely the real deal. I walked away from that game being most impressed by the big RB, Ralston. In the first half I saw Gilmer hit him at the LOS several times and he would just carry multiple defenders 8, 9, 10 yards every time. Then in the 3rd qtr he carried off left tackle and was running away from some fast Gilmer LB'ers before a safety finally caught him 50 yds downfield. That kid was impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dawgkillr
12-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Could not have said it better myself except for throwing in Steers Win!!!!
Looking forward to an awesome game!

Inmateboss
12-12-2013, 09:09 PM

I like the content of your statement but your epilogue is perhaps just Sophistry !! I like Deuces better!! Come on Saturday and GO STEERS !!!

Nunnes
12-12-2013, 11:14 PM

Sadler has 32 TDs on 139 offensive touches = a TD every 4 touches
He had 30 touches against a very good Gilmer team and scored 5 times, so they held him under his average....barely.
He's really good and I hope he touches the ball 40 times Saturday.

Ralston's numbers are similar and I hope he touches the ball 40 times also.

However, I think people are overlooking the FS, Wilson. He might be the best football player on the team 6'2" 205 lbs, runs a 10.6 100m, he's mean, and he also has multiple D1 offers.

Graham's offense runs through Davis. If Argyle can make him hold the ball a second longer than normal or disrupt the timing routes, I think they can get to him (like Gilmer last year). If Argyle can't get to Davis, then its likely to be a barn burner and I hope the Eagles get the ball last.

slingshot
12-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Offical prediction time: Argyle 45 -- Graham 28. Both teams are VERY good--but in a different way. Graham is the master of the short to intermediate passing game and plays hard hitting, tenacious defense. Argyle unfortunately will counter that with dominating offensive and defensive lines (they WILL control the trenches and be in the Graham offensive backfield all night), a well-oiled running game that Graham will not be able to stop and the X-Factor: Sadler. He is fully recovered from his Soph season knee injury and is on another level speed and quickness-wise to anything Graham has seen this year. Has been a great season for the Steers... but it ends here.

Inmateboss
12-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Offical prediction time: Argyle 45 -- Graham 28. Both teams are VERY good--but in a different way. Graham is the master of the short to intermediate passing game and plays hard hitting, tenacious defense. Argyle unfortunately will counter that with dominating offensive and defensive lines (they WILL control the trenches and be in the Graham offensive backfield all night), a well-oiled running game that Graham will not be able to stop and the X-Factor: Sadler. He is fully recovered from his Soph season knee injury and is on another level speed and quickness-wise to anything Graham has seen this year. Has been a great season for the Steers... but it ends here.

We shall see, it will be a long ride home!! For someone!!

Nunnes
12-13-2013, 05:26 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124471

Aesculus gilmus
12-13-2013, 07:49 AM
"We shall see, it will be a long ride home!! For someone!!"

No, in the unlikely event of an Argyle loss, the Eagles will be home in about 15 minutes after traveling 11.5 miles, according to Google Maps.

waterboy
12-13-2013, 08:38 AM
"We shall see, it will be a long ride home!! For someone!!"

No, in the unlikely event of an Argyle loss, the Eagles will be home in about 15 minutes after traveling 11.5 miles, according to Google Maps.

LOL! I think they've already dressed up the route back to Argyle for the victory parade back. They'll probably drive back extra slow..., just to savor the victory.

Just kidding..., but I just don't see Graham being able to beat Argyle.

Slick50
12-13-2013, 08:57 AM
the Eagles will be home in about 15 minutes after traveling 11.5 miles, according to Google Maps.

Ya, isnt that a joke. Oh well, just give us a longer ride home to enjoy our victory with some refreshments.

jason
12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it, unless somebody wants to take me to Forney afterwards.
Probably will end up being one of those situations where it is a blowout and I'm at home thinking I'm glad I didn't waste my time.
Does anybody outside of Graham think they actually have a chance to beat Argyle?

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 09:21 AM
LOL! I think they've already dressed up the route back to Argyle for the victory parade back. They'll probably drive back extra slow..., just to savor the victory.

Just kidding..., but I just don't see Graham being able to beat Argyle.

Well sure you don't !! If Argyle beat Graham that validates Gilmers loss !! If they lose, graham just opened a can of woulda shoulda coulda and that is not something you want to deal with!! But it will be ok!!

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it, unless somebody wants to take me to Forney afterwards.
Probably will end up being one of those situations where it is a blowout and I'm at home thinking I'm glad I didn't waste my time.
Does anybody outside of Graham think they actually have a chance to beat Argyle?

Does it make any difference??? I mean if your at the game or not?? I bet there is a basketball game somewhere close to home you could attend and not be wasting your time!!

Steers95
12-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Does it make any difference??? I mean if your at the game or not?? I bet there is a basketball game somewhere close to home you could attend and not be wasting your time!!

People these days.. Just jealous they aren't still playing.

Deuce
12-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Does anybody outside of Stephenville think they actually have a chance to beat Kilgore?

jason
12-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Does anybody outside of Stephenville think they actually have a chance to beat Kilgore?
maybe a few.
not many though.
I personally think the D1 state champ comes from the carthage/la grange game but that is based solely on watching film on youtube.
That could change once I see Kilgore play.
I have to pick Stephenville because I picked them in my pick'em!

waterboy
12-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Well sure you don't !! If Argyle beat Graham that validates Gilmers loss !! If they lose, graham just opened a can of woulda shoulda coulda and that is not something you want to deal with!! But it will be ok!!

I don't need validation. Argyle beat us straight up, and in my opinion, they'll do the same to Graham. You'll see what I'm talking about when you play them. Not trying to take anything away from Graham, but I just think Argyle is just playing on another level from what you're used to. I'd definitely be surprised if Graham does somehow pull out a victory, and I don't mind coming back and saying I was wrong, and giving congrats.

RPF2666
12-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I believe it is Argyle's year. I believe it has been Argyle's 'year' for the last 3 years, and if this group doesn't get it
done this year I am not sure what it will take for Argyle to EVER win one!

Good luck to the Eagles, starting tomorrow!

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't need validation. Argyle beat us straight up, and in my opinion, they'll do the same to Graham. You'll see what I'm talking about when you play them. Not trying to take anything away from Graham, but I just think Argyle is just playing on another level from what you're used to. I'd definitely be surprised if Graham does somehow pull out a victory, and I don't mind coming back and saying I was wrong, and giving congrats.

I'm not kicking sand , I'm just saying it's better at this stage in the playoffs if the team that knocks your team out wins it all , it makes getting beat out a little easier to deal with if that team wins it all !! I watched the Argyle/ Gilmer game and right now if they ask me to pick between the two teams and that's who we would play tomorrow, I'd still pick Argyle!! I think Argyles style of play is more conducive for a graham win than Gilmers!! Sort of the lesser of two evils!! But Graham has to play whoever is next in line and that is Argyle!! Our coaching staff will lead our guys through another game and in the end I think we will be moving on!! If not so be it, I have an Argyle rally flag and will be at the SC cheering them on just like I did Gilmer last year!!

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 10:42 AM
I believe it is Argyle's year. I believe it has been Argyle's 'year' for the last 3 years, and if this group doesn't get it
done this year I am not sure what it will take for Argyle to EVER win one!

Good luck to the Eagles, starting tomorrow!

Graham is in the same boat!! Since '09 it's like just one time!! Then somebody else can have a turn, we just want one!! For now!!

BIGPOPPY1911
12-13-2013, 10:46 AM

You can't take anything away from US because we aint on the basketball court!!!! It's football in December here in Graham USA !!!! We sure don't need your apology either.

Deuce
12-13-2013, 10:52 AM
maybe a few.
not many though.
I personally think the D1 state champ comes from the carthage/la grange game but that is based solely on watching film on youtube.
That could change once I see Kilgore play.
I have to pick Stephenville because I picked them in my pick'em!

Well I have seen a few others like Hollywood that picked Graham as well. From the film I have seen on Argyle I think Graham has a great shot to pull out a win.

MajorApplehorn
12-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Ran some numbers for fun and reference. Here they are:

Avg PF per game: Fairfield (57), Argyle (53), Graham (48), Sinton (36)

Avg PA per game: Fairfield (9), Graham (9), Argyle (13), Sinton (20)

Overall Opp Record: Argyle (95-72), Sinton (81-78), Graham (76-85), Fairfield (72-88)

Overall Opp Win %: Argyle (.560), Sinton (.510), Graham (.470), Fairfield (.450)

Playoff Opp Record: Sinton (32-17), Argyle (30-20), Graham (28-21), Fairfield (27-23)

Playoff Opp Win %: Sinton, (.650), Argyle (.600), Graham (.570), Fairfield (.540)

Opp with a Winning Record: Argyle (8), Sinton (6), Fairfield (5), Graham (4)

Opp Making Playoffs: Argyle (13), Fairfield (12), Graham (11), Sinton (9)

When you take this data and rank the Final Four you get:

1. Argyle
2. Fairfield
3. Graham
4. Sinton

Use it as you wish.

waterboy
12-13-2013, 11:47 AM
You can't take anything away from US because we aint on the basketball court!!!! It's football in December here in Graham USA !!!! We sure don't need your apology either.

Good grief! Ain't nobody trying to take anything away from Graham, or what they have accomplished. They are a great team that's had a phenomenal year. We'll see what happens in this game. Gilmer just happened to meet them earlier in the playoffs. We lost to them, so it's on to the next chapter for us. Good luck to the Steers! It'll be a tall task for sure. Argyle is a very good team, too. You never know just how good until you match up. Here's to your chance to shine, Steers (while tipping his glass)!

Slick50
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Good grief! Ain't nobody trying to take anything away from Graham, or what they have accomplished. They are a great team that's had a phenomenal year. We'll see what happens in this game. Gilmer just happened to meet them earlier in the playoffs. We lost to them, so it's on to the next chapter for us. Good luck to the Steers! It'll be a tall task for sure. Argyle is a very good team, too. You never know just how good until you match up. Here's to your chance to shine, Steers (while tipping his glass)!
You gotta watch them first time posters waterboy. Lol

waterboy
12-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Yep...:doh:

I didn't even look at that!:smoker:

BIGPOPPY1911
12-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Got that right Slick50, got it out of my system!!! It's all good waterboy.

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Checkpoints on 380 Saturday afternoon? Sounds like some of the Graham posters have started a little early.

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Checkpoints on 380 Saturday afternoon? Sounds like some of the Graham posters have started a little early.

Haven't stopped since '09 !! Looking for a reason to dry out!!

Bullaholic
12-13-2013, 01:25 PM

The Steer fans have got to come thru Bridgeport on their way on 380---we've got the roadblocks up to collect a "deep playoff envy" tax from them....:D

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 01:33 PM
The Steer fans have got to come thru Bridgeport on their way on 380---we've got the roadblocks up to collect a "deep playoff envy" tax from them....:D

Haha come on over bull we're gonna be doing some tailgating, and stuff before the game !!

Slick50
12-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Haven't stopped since '09 !! Looking for a reason to dry out!!
:ditto::fnypost:http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/party/beer-bong-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

BIGPOPPY1911
12-13-2013, 01:42 PM

:1omg!: We not driving to the game!!! We will all be airlifted in to TMS where our horses and buggies are waiting patiently. So we can show all you city folk a country boys can survive!!!!

PEdropout
12-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Graham (14-0) vs. Argyle (14-0)
6 p.m. Saturday at Justin Northwest
Two of 3A’s most dynamic offenses square off in this one. Graham’s Flying Steer offense, fueled by QB Ben Davis, WR Bryce Reeves and RB Dillon Gonzales, is averaging upwards of 48 points per game. Argyle’s explosive attack, with superstar do-it-all Ian Sadler, RB Nick Ralston and QB Blake Boyzuick, averages more than 52. And it’s not like the defenses are any slouches, either; playmakers like Graham LB Spur Hearne and Argyle DB Connor Wilson make these truly complete teams. So, how do you separate the two? It’s not easy; this is truly a clash of titans. But Argyle has proven itself against some of the very best teams in the state – Gilmer, Celina, Melissa, private school champ Fort Worth Nolan – so it’s earned the benefit of the doubt. The key for a Graham victory: keeping the ball away from Sadler. Any time he’s got the ball, he’s a threat to score.

Tepper’s pick: Argyle 35, Graham 27

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Graham (14-0) vs. Argyle (14-0)
6 p.m. Saturday at Justin Northwest
Two of 3A’s most dynamic offenses square off in this one. Graham’s Flying Steer offense, fueled by QB Ben Davis, WR Bryce Reeves and RB Dillon Gonzales, is averaging upwards of 48 points per game. Argyle’s explosive attack, with superstar do-it-all Ian Sadler, RB Nick Ralston and QB Blake Boyzuick, averages more than 52. And it’s not like the defenses are any slouches, either; playmakers like Graham LB Spur Hearne and Argyle DB Connor Wilson make these truly complete teams. So, how do you separate the two? It’s not easy; this is truly a clash of titans. But Argyle has proven itself against some of the very best teams in the state – Gilmer, Celina, Melissa, private school champ Fort Worth Nolan – so it’s earned the benefit of the doubt. The key for a Graham victory: keeping the ball away from Sadler. Any time he’s got the ball, he’s a threat to score.

Tepper’s pick: Argyle 35, Graham 27

Argyle is an awesome team no doubt about that!! Wouldn't be any fun to beat a average team this deep in the playoffs!! A win here will be a testament to either teams ability!!

Scooter
12-13-2013, 03:59 PM

Awesome post! thats what makes 3A football some of the most exciting football in the State.. I have a feeling both teams are going to bring the whole town. i know Graham will look like a ghost town come saturday. look forward to a great game between two great football teams. Folks you better lock the doors, turn up the radio, and strap yourself in because this one is going to get crazy. good luck to both teams!

Inmateboss
12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Awesome post! thats what makes 3A football some of the most exciting football in the State.. I have a feeling both teams are going to bring the whole town. i know Graham will look like a ghost town come saturday. look forward to a great game between two great football teams. Folks you better lock the doors, turn up the radio, and strap yourself in because this one is going to get crazy. good luck to both teams!

Yeah it should be ok!!

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2013, 01:10 AM
I've been quiet, just reading what everyone has to say leading up to the big game tomorrow evening. I do not agree that Graham gets blown out by Argyle. Graham appears to be too dynamic on both side of the ball to allow that to happen. Although I do believe that Argyle will win due to the offensive playmakers and big boys on the O-line and D-line, I believe it will be a close game until the end of the game and then Argyle will win by 10 points or so. Argyle has already played and beaten some very good teams this year such as Celina and Gilmer and that experience is invaluable. In order for Graham to win, they have to control Ian Sadler - something that not many people have been able to do.

Best of luck to both teams and let's pray for no injuries. Have a safe drive to the metroplex for the game to all you Graham-ites. Not sure how we wound up getting a game 10 minutes down the road, but hey I'm not complaining lol

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2013, 01:12 AM
There will be an Argyle tailgate at 4:00 in the Northwest stadium parking lot.

Inmateboss
12-14-2013, 02:24 AM
It's Saturday !! Been a long week but today is the day!! Have all the faith in the world in the Steers and the Coaches!! I'll never doubt this teams ability to do the impossible!! Our only goal is to beat Argyle!! If at the end of this game the steers are completely spent and have nothing left, then they will have left it all on the field and will be victorious !!! To be the best you have to beat the best, and at this point it's Argyle !! Praying for injury free game and safe travels for all attending this game!!!

gully81
12-14-2013, 02:57 AM
I'm not in Graham but I will say it..... Graham Wins

regaleagle
12-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Congratulations to the Graham Steers and the Argyle Eagles for an undefeated season up to this game. Both teams have endured great tests to get here. Both schools have the utmost respect for each other. This will be a great meeting. The final score will matter, but not as much as the meeting. Either team could win or lose this game on a given night....the teams are that close. That's what the congrats is about. It's all about the players and the coaches from each school. It's about Texas High School football, and the playoffs....and the work an dedication that coaches and players from each team put in to get to this point. And how they did it. And the improvement of each team over last season. I tip my hat to both teams.....you are all winners, regardless of the outcome tonite. I love Texas high school football, and what it means for the boyz for the rest of their lives. Go and play the game of your life....and be the best you can be. Tonite, you will realize how far you have come, and how much you have matured....not only on the Gridiron of Glory....but in life.