Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois

Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

Tre Mason, RB, Auburn

AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama

Andre Williams, RB, Boston College

Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

Scoop27
12-09-2013, 11:28 PM
They said on Houston TV sports that Baylor QB was robbed for not being nominated

hollywood
12-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Baylor robbed on bowl selection as well. No love for the Bears.

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Jordan Lynch and Andre Williams had the best two seasons.

Andre Williams will become the first running back to go over the 2,000 yard mark and not win the Heisman.

1st and goal
12-10-2013, 12:32 PM

Andre Williams will become the first running back to go over the 2,000 yard mark and not win the Heisman.

Strength of schedule will probably kill Lynch's chances. Not sure if that's fair or not. I didn't see why Bowling Green bowled them down.

Not sure why Andre Williams won't get any love. Could be similar strength of schedule perceptions. Who knows, he may just win it.

I think the argument lies within the Manziel/McCarron/Winston trio. You should look at what the INDIVIDUAL accomplished, not the team.

I would like to hear on national TV, the details of the Winston rape accusations from the young lady herself. The DA's public botching of the press release was a good ole boys farce.

Johnny M might not win it, but he should be in the top 3. His rushing stats far surpassed Winston's.

msu97
12-10-2013, 03:23 PM
what does strength of schedule have to do with anything... all of these guys put up ridiculous numbers against bad teams...

should we not count Manziel's numbers against SHSU and Rice? McCarron against Georgia Southern and whatever else nobody team they played?

it should be the best player, not the best player on the best team, or the career accomplishment award... best player... whomever it is...

1st and goal
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
what does strength of schedule have to do with anything... all of these guys put up ridiculous numbers against bad teams...

should we not count Manziel's numbers against SHSU and Rice? McCarron against Georgia Southern and whatever else nobody team they played?

it should be the best player, not the best player on the best team, or the career accomplishment award... best player... whomever it is...

That's what I'm saying, but how do you delineate it down to peep's minds and argue finer points. I guess if I had a vote, I would vote for the man who's team depended on them the most, how effective they were, and who they put their points up against.

the genious
12-10-2013, 11:02 PM

Donald Brown rushed for 2000 yards a few years ago and didnt even get invited to the ceremony if I remember correctly. I think Williams deserves it he was the player that teams knew they had to stop and still couldnt. I think he also had a big game agaisnt the number one team in the nation.

regaleagle
12-11-2013, 01:37 AM
How the nominees performed in their big games matters most in the Heisman balloting, imo. Stats are considered to get you nominated, but not necessarily help the player to win it.

Old Tiger
12-11-2013, 02:26 AM
How the nominees performed in their big games matters most in the Heisman balloting, imo. Stats are considered to get you nominated, but not necessarily help the player to win it.

So eliminate Johnny Football.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Winston and McCarron are the same category....you pull them off their teams and they still have the same record. You pull JFF off ATM and they don't qualify for a bowl. The same could be said about Williams and Lynch. They are the heart and soul of thier teams. Mason..he wouldn't be there if Auburn hadn't had two "OMG, they won" moments which he had nothing to do with (ala BoB III vs Oklahoma). Petty is going to get the "system" label that is slapped on the Pirate's and Briles QBs. If he wins out next year, he will win it then.

Personally, McCarron or Williams are the most deserving.

oldtownag
12-11-2013, 09:56 AM
People need to get over the "team" award that the Heisman has become. If your team does not have success then you are eliminated. That gives the "Winstons" of the CF world a huge advantage because they are on great teams with great team mates. I don't care who wins but if you switched a few of the QB's and put them on different teams the W/L records would not change much.

1st and goal
12-11-2013, 01:53 PM
So eliminate Johnny Football.

2013 ALL-SEC COACHES’ FOOTBALL TEAM (Coaches can't vote for their own players)
First Team
QB= Johnny Manziel

explain that OT.

cr180t
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Who will Johnny vote for?

coach
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Hopefully Jamies

msu97
12-11-2013, 03:14 PM

why wouldn't he vote for himself... it would only be normal... but if he did vote for someone else... well then that person should be the Heisman winner...

elite players on elite teams are interchangeable... it is just that they wear this thing out...

I think any of them are deserving, but it is funny how the pundits will eliminate one guy with one criteria while building someone up with the same criteria...

I like McCarron, but lifetime achievement is no reason to win it... Kind of like when Couch won it at Nebraska and it than same year Randle El had better numbers as a qb in both passing and running while at Indiana... who else was good on that team...
I guess for me, they can say inferior competition for Lynch and Williams but by the same token, who else are these teams trying to stop? and yet they still put up numbers... that is impressive in my book

Manziel may be voted first team SEC, but as far as qbr, he is 3rd in the SEC... behind Murray and Mettenberger... not that Manziel is not deserving...

Roughneck93
12-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Wasn't even close. Winston ran away with the trophy.

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2013, 09:36 PM
What did he say????????