PDA

View Full Version : Rangers willing to move Andrus

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Ken Rosenthal reported that Texas is willing to move Andrus still and would play Profar at SS and Odor, one of our top prospects at 2nd. He also said they would only move him for a big return. Not sure what that means but I would guess it would either be Stanton or Price. I'm sure some of you have issues with this but if we got Stanton, Price or maybe even a couple big time prospects, like the Twins have, for him I wouldn't mind.

panther89
12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Just as long as JD doesn't give him up for nothing, I am all for it. I am of the belief that you have to give up to get what you need. Within reason of course.

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Just as long as JD doesn't give him up for nothing, I am all for it. I am of the belief that you have to give up to get what you need. Within reason of course.

Totally agree. I think he is a superstar in the field, but so is Profar, and he is by no means a superstar at the plate.

coach
12-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I dont know if I would take price or stanton for him. Price has about 3 years left in him and Stanton is overrtaed. Elvis hasthe potential to be the best in baseball. And he is still really young.

Macarthur
12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Actually I think Stanton is a beast and would blow up at TBPIA. I'm iffy on price. Hes had some inconsistency in his career.

I'm a big elvis fan. It would have to be a Stanton type haul.

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Actually I think Stanton is a beast and would blow up at TBPIA. I'm iffy on price. Hes had some inconsistency in his career.

I'm a big elvis fan. It would have to be a Stanton type haul.

I also think Stanton is under club control for the next three seasons as well.

If the Texas line-up went 3. Beltre 4. Fielder 5. Stanton, that would be the best 3,4 and 5 in the league bar none. You wouldn't be able to buy a seat in right field.