PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield Eagles

eagleqb_14
12-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Ihave not been on here in over a year, and im beating myself up for it because i have not been talking about my Fairfield Eagles. C'mon im eagleQB (not really) i should be bragging about my team. Im a senior at Fairifeld highschool and I could not tell yall how proud I am of my guys this year. They have played their hearts out everygame and have shocked the state Friday night was the first time Fairifeld was held under 50 points since September scoring "only" 42 against Rockdale. As many of yall have heard they set the state record in 3a for most points scored in a season with 804. The town is overwhlmed by all of this. If you are not busy... I strongly encourage you to come aND watch Fairfield play Sinton this Friday at Katy.. you will not be disapointed. IF NOT.. hopefully just hopefully I can see some of yall up in arlington at at&t stadium and maybe the Eagles will be playing..

eagles_victory
12-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Homer!

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Nevermind. I can't find the old post I was looking for.

Bullaholic
12-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Ihave not been on here in over a year, and im beating myself up for it because i have not been talking about my Fairfield Eagles. C'mon im eagleQB (not really) i should be bragging about my team. Im a senior at Fairifeld highschool and I could not tell yall how proud I am of my guys this year. They have played their hearts out everygame and have shocked the state Friday night was the first time Fairifeld was held under 50 points since September scoring "only" 42 against Rockdale. As many of yall have heard they set the state record in 3a for most points scored in a season with 804. The town is overwhlmed by all of this. If you are not busy... I strongly encourage you to come aND watch Fairfield play Sinton this Friday at Katy.. you will not be disapointed. IF NOT.. hopefully just hopefully I can see some of yall up in arlington at at&t stadium and maybe the Eagles will be playing..

Good to see a classy post by a young man proud of his team....Fairfield is having an incredible year.

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Good to see a classy post by a young man proud of his team....Fairfield is having an incredible year.

From 2005-2008 we played Fairfield every year and back then they were pretty much a joke. They were a warm up game for us and we never took them serious. I personally think it's awesome that they are having the year they're having. I always like seeing a program get turned around having success. Ya'll are personally the team I want to see make it all the way and hopefully I will be at AT&T this year to see ya'll play. Congrats Eagles.

eagleqb_14
12-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Anyone watched sinton this year? Heard they run the ball a lot. No one has been able to run the ball successfully on Fairfield all year.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Anyone watched sinton this year? Heard they run the ball a lot. No one has been able to run the ball successfully on Fairfield all year.

Here is the first 4 game offensive stats just to show they can do both well depends on the game plan:

Week 0 Run 292 Pass 218
Week 1 Run 275 Pass 265
Week 2 Run 321 Pass 191
Week 3 Run 287 Pass 121

eagleqb_14
12-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Here is the first 4 game offensive stats just to show they can do both well depends on the game plan:

Week 0 Run 292 Pass 218
Week 1 Run 275 Pass 265
Week 2 Run 321 Pass 191
Week 3 Run 287 Pass 121

Nice.

LV_Bearfan
12-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Sinton is really good at running for 4-6 yards a pop, and they are disciplined enough to stay on schedule the whole night.
Their QB does an excellent job getting that last few yards after contact and their RB #6 is very good at breaking tackles or eluding a single defender.
And their QB is an excellent passer.
Their line play is excellent, and their defense overall is good. They belong in this game and will come to play.

Ranger354
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Sinton is really good at running for 4-6 yards a pop, and they are disciplined enough to stay on schedule the whole night.
Their QB does an excellent job getting that last few yards after contact and their RB #6 is very good at breaking tackles or eluding a single defender.
And their QB is an excellent passer.
Their line play is excellent, and their defense overall is good. They belong in this game and will come to play.

Thanks LV_Bearfan.

eagleqb_14
12-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Fairfield's defense could say otherwise. their oppoents are only avg 10 points a game

LV_Bearfan
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Fairfield's defense could say otherwise. their oppoents are only avg 10 points a game

I missed your point. To what would FF say otherwise?

LV_Bearfan
12-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I know very little about FF. If they are a smallish but fast defensive team, expect them to be frustrated some. The games leading up to this point mean very little now. It really is about match ups at this point. As good as FF is, Sinton's ace in the hole has been the unique match ups that they can create with a solid passing game, strong running backs, and a big, shifty running QB. They will spread FF out and run with big linemen and powerful backs.
I think Sinton's D is good, but their O really keeps the pressure off of them by controlling TOP. They limit your scoring opportunities with their offense. They are susceptible to the big play on D but they appear willing to give up a few big plays to take away your bread and butter. The best way I would describe Sinton is to say they are the polar opposite of a team like Navasota, but they are very good at what they do. That's why I am intrigued by this matchup.

panther89
12-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Being a District 30 member with Sinton, I am rooting for the Pirates. Glad to see Fairfield having some success though. Hope all players stay healthy and safe!!! Go get 'em Pirates, represent District 30!!!

Eagle1
12-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Is fairfield a one hit wonder or are they here to stay as a powerhouse program? What do they have coming back compared to what they are loosing.

eagleqb_14
12-13-2013, 08:08 AM
They will be losing some really talented seniors but have some talented juniors that will make their return. Their defense will be good again next year

monkey rolls
12-13-2013, 09:08 AM
The Fairfield defense will be coached well.. they have a Donk.
he knows what he is doing, and will have his bunch ready for business ....