PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Oregon in Alamo Bowl

jason
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
interesting matchup

bwdlionfan
12-08-2013, 09:37 PM
interesting matchup

I love the Longhorns but I would have much rather seen Baylor/Oklahoma State taking on Alabama/Oregon than Texas and OU doing it.

Old Tiger
12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Depends on the Longhorn coaching situation.

eagleqb_14
12-08-2013, 11:07 PM
From what i saw yesterday from Case..Im very nervous... bring in Mr. Swoooopes

NastySlot
12-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Depends on the Longhorn coaching situation.

more like it depends on if Case is going to go down to SA just to watch again......if he does Oregon will have their way.

Roughneck93
12-08-2013, 11:24 PM
This could get ugly...

Scoop27
12-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Horns get blown out-Mack needs to go before this game is played

Old Tiger
12-09-2013, 12:01 AM

What grade are you in now? I remember when you first signed up you were an 8th grader?

bigwood33
12-09-2013, 05:21 PM
If they do that, they will get beat by 60.
Also, if there is to be a coaching change, they need to get it done. The new guy, whomever that might be, needs a chance to recruit the style of QB that he wants and not get stuck with Mack's choice(s) at trying to recreate VY (which ain't happening).

hookandladder
12-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Also, if there is to be a coaching change, they need to get it done. The new guy, whomever that might be, needs a chance to recruit the style of QB that he wants and not get stuck with Mack's choice(s) at trying to recreate VY (which ain't happening).

Very true.

Old Tiger
12-09-2013, 05:35 PM

What is the difference between a 30 point loss and a 60 point loss besides the obvious math?

1st and goal
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
What is the difference between a 30 point loss and a 60 point loss besides the obvious math?

Ar$e whuppin vs total Tidy Bowl Flushing.

Emerson1
12-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Why is that? Teams have figured out how to stop Case from passing and he can't run. Swoopes' passing game would be equally bad, but could at least run the ball. Best thing for Texas is this game is indoors and wind won't be a factor.

coach
12-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Hearing today that MAck is gone and Saban is in.

Im going ti the game. Anyone else going?

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Hearing today that MAck is gone and Saban is in.

Im going ti the game. Anyone else going?
Depends.

coach
12-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Depends.

Is that what you wear now Old Tiger?

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2013, 09:14 PM

:spitlol: I now have lasagna on my screen.

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 11:15 PM

Hell yeah! Gotta protect my IBS.

Old Tiger
12-10-2013, 11:16 PM

I was going to offer you a free place to stay too bro.

coach
12-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I was going to offer you a free place to stay too bro.

Haha well damn I really crapped the bed on that one then. (pun intended).

I think we are just driving up that day and coming back that night. Are you going to the game?

1st and goal
12-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Depends.

I would opine that he only wears these when he "diaper drives" (remember the astronaut crazy lady) all the way back to Rockdale without stopping.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Texas possibly to be without Daje Johnson and Kennedy Estelle for the Alamo Bowl reportedly due to academics...

Jalen Overstreet may be out as well.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2013/12/20/5230318/daje-johnson-kennedy-estelle-academics-out-alamo-bowl-texas-longhorns

Phil C
12-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Texas possibly to be without Daje Johnson and Kennedy Estelle for the Alamo Bowl reportedly due to academics...

Jalen Overstreet may be out as well.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2013/12/20/5230318/daje-johnson-kennedy-estelle-academics-out-alamo-bowl-texas-longhorns

And also the Volleyball team lost last night. Woe is us!

NastySlot
12-20-2013, 06:19 PM
And also the Volleyball team lost last night. Woe is us!

and the horns also lost out on that Warhol painting of Farrah Fawcett.

Tough Week for the Horns..................but they do have all that money that should ease the pains a little.

Roughneck93
12-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Tough Week for the Horns..................but they do have all that money that should ease the pains a little.

Lol...

1st and goal
12-20-2013, 11:09 PM

LOL! That is a nice painting. I wouldn't know if money like that can smooth everything over. Especially if they get their teeth kicked in by Oregon. I'm guessing they are going to try and play them like they did the 1st half against Baylor. If they can put 2 of those 1st halves together, they might have a chance of sneaking a W.

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Almost game time...

Hook 'Em!

:helpme:

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Yikes!

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 07:16 PM
:ack!:

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/case-mccoy-throws-a-pick-six-against-oregon-b.gif

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Nice drive...

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 07:57 PM
D looking pretty good.

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Swaim can't catch the ball...:foul:

hookandladder
12-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Case McCoy and Jaxson Shipley the two most over recruitedplayers by UT, have done nothing at Texas their entire careers at Texas.

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Second pick 6 of the night...:dispntd:

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Lol....

1st and goal
12-30-2013, 09:53 PM
complete beatdown. This game would be worse if the Oregon QB wasn't gimpy.

They said Ash would be ready to go next year. Swopes not looking that hot.

Big 12 deeep.

Roughneck93
12-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Score was closer than I thought it would be.

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2013, 11:03 PM
complete beatdown. This game would be worse if the Oregon QB wasn't gimpy.

They said Ash would be ready to go next year. Swopes not looking that hot.

Big 12 deeep.

Lol real DERP I mean DEEP

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2013, 01:19 AM
Case McCoy and Jaxson Shipley the two most over recruitedplayers by UT, have done nothing at Texas their entire careers at Texas.

Jaxon has not had a good QB yet in his career..and Case was a legacy scholarship..doubt much recruiting involved

bobcat1
12-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Jaxon has not had a good QB yet in his career..and Case was a legacy scholarship..doubt much recruiting involved
Exactly

Emerson1
12-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Eh? This was the first year Shipley didn't break 600 yards and that was with the worst quarterback in all of the NCAA. Jordan didn't do anything his first two healthy years. It took until he was a Senior, then a Senior again to put up numbers. So Jordan was what, 4 years older as a senior than what Jaxon is?

I never thought Jaxon was as good or going to be as good, so I personally never expected Jordan like numbers.

Bullaholic
12-31-2013, 10:15 AM
UT looked anemic last night. New coach has lots of work to do. I don't think McCoy is the answer at QB.

Old Tiger
12-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Eh? This was the first year Shipley didn't break 600 yards and that was with the worst quarterback in all of the NCAA. Jordan didn't do anything his first two healthy years. It took until he was a Senior, then a Senior again to put up numbers. So Jordan was what, 4 years older as a senior than what Jaxon is?

I never thought Jaxon was as good or going to be as good, so I personally never expected Jordan like numbers.Jordan had a badass junior and senior year. Most people wanted to say Jaxon was going to be better than Jordan based on nothing but him being a little bigger. IMO Jaxon doesn't have that extra gear or big play ability like Jordan did.

Scoop27
12-31-2013, 11:49 PM
I was in tears after this game ended and felt sorry for Mack and his wife Sally. While he had a bad finish to his coaching career, his legacy will never be forgotten and how he turned the program around when came on board.

Tejastrue
12-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Jordan had a badass junior and senior year. Most people wanted to say Jaxon was going to be better than Jordan based on nothing but him being a little bigger. IMO Jaxon doesn't have that extra gear or big play ability like Jordan did.

Sorry, both Jordan and Jaxon were supplement receivers. Jaxon did not have the QB or supporting cast that Jordan had. Jaxon will play in the NFL.

Tejastrue
12-31-2013, 11:54 PM
I was in tears after this game ended and felt sorry for Mack and his wife Sally. While he had a bad finish to his coaching career, his legacy will never be forgotten and how he turned the program around when came on board.

I agree with this.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 01:58 AM
Seeing who's in the running for a possible replacement, Texas should apologize to Mack, give a raise and see if he'll stay. Good grief, what a mess.

regaleagle
01-01-2014, 02:17 AM
That man has had plenty of the best of the best opportunities come his way. I'm not crying, and he's riding high in life from his fortune he amassed by aligning himself with UT and Deloss Dodds.....whom both also lined their pockets and wrote themselves ridiculous long-term contracts with huge buy-outs that they strong-armed the university board to approve. Dont' cry for either of them....open your eyes and look in the mirror. If you want to cry for someone.....there's plenty to choose from that are worthy. Silver tongues don't impress me, and most any quality coach/athletic director could be successful at UT. Mack has prospered and had his time under the lights. Now it's time for a new era.

Saggy Aggie
01-01-2014, 02:25 AM

Haha oh scoop

1st and goal
01-01-2014, 09:32 AM
That man has had plenty of the best of the best opportunities come his way. I'm not crying, and he's riding high in life from his fortune he amassed by aligning himself with UT and Deloss Dodds.....whom both also lined their pockets and wrote themselves ridiculous long-term contracts with huge buy-outs that they strong-armed the university board to approve. Dont' cry for either of them....open your eyes and look in the mirror. If you want to cry for someone.....there's plenty to choose from that are worthy. Silver tongues don't impress me, and most any quality coach/athletic director could be successful at UT. Mack has prospered and had his time under the lights. Now it's time for a new era.

This. +1

bobcat1
01-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Me too! Well tears of joy that Mack is done!:clap: Watch that old door on your way out Mack!

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 12:13 PM
I just don't see Texas getting better amongst those currently named in the running to replace Mack. Maybe Briles? But--really don't see him getting the offer. Now, I heard Jimbo is still in the running, though he just got a new contract at FSU. Why is Saban no longer being considered again?

Gontex
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Seeing who's in the running for a possible replacement, Texas should apologize to Mack, give a raise and see if he'll stay. Good grief, what a mess.

You have got to be kidding, YT. In the last 4 years, Mack has not even had the Horns competitive in the Big 12. Their record has been 18-17. They lost 5 games this year by more than 20 points. He waited way too long to fire Diaz. For doing all that, Mack has been paid the paltry sum of $20,000,000. Texas has had no relevancy on the national scene since the 2009 National Championship game. In the meantime, Mack has been paid on the same level as Nick Saban. It's pretty obvious that Texas has not been getting what they have paid for. I don't know who will come in to lead this program, but it has become pretty obvious that Mack cannot right the ship to return Texas to the elite of college football. Insanity is continuing to do the same old thing and expecting different results.

Gontex
01-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Me too! Well tears of joy that Mack is done!:clap: Watch that old door on your way out Mack!

With you all the way Bobcat1. Things have got to get better because they can't get any worse. This group is on the same level as Macovik when he finally was shown the door.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2014, 06:07 PM
You have got to be kidding, YT. In the last 4 years, Mack has not even had the Horns competitive in the Big 12. Their record has been 18-17. They lost 5 games this year by more than 20 points. He waited way too long to fire Diaz. For doing all that, Mack has been paid the paltry sum of $20,000,000. Texas has had no relevancy on the national scene since the 2009 National Championship game. In the meantime, Mack has been paid on the same level as Nick Saban. It's pretty obvious that Texas has not been getting what they have paid for. I don't know who will come in to lead this program, but it has become pretty obvious that Mack cannot right the ship to return Texas to the elite of college football. Insanity is continuing to do the same old thing and expecting different results.

No, not kidding. I just don't see them doing any better with those guys they've mentioned as a replacement. Now, if they can get Saban, I do see them doing better. And, if Jimbo is still being considered after getting an extension at FSU, I assume Saban is still possible.- Let's hope.

Tejastrue
01-01-2014, 08:24 PM
It was time for a change but for you guys to taint Mack Brown's legacy and take cheap shots is just simply mind boggling.

Old Tiger
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
It was time for a change but for you guys to taint Mack Brown's legacy and take cheap shots is just simply mind boggling.

28 years of coaching, 2 conference championships. Not that much of a legacy IMO.

Tejastrue
01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
You have tunnel vision OT.

Old Tiger
01-01-2014, 10:25 PM
You have tunnel vision OT.

Do I? 28 years is tunnel vision?

Tejastrue
01-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Why should anyone give a squat about his pre-Texas days. Although many Longhorn fans criticized it I thought this BR article was fair. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1885169-mack-browns-texas-football-legacy

Old Tiger
01-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Why should anyone give a squat about his pre-Texas days. Although many Longhorn fans criticized it I thought this BR article was fair. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1885169-mack-browns-texas-football-legacy
I don't read bleacher report.

Tejastrue
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
As I stated earlier. lol