PDA

View Full Version : Long bus trim from San Antonio to East Bernard

Scoop27
12-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Took us over 6 hours to get back home from the East Bernard game with Refugio game.
I 10 road had ice on bridges and several wrecks around Flatonia, Schulenburg and Weimar area
So we came through Floresville, Falls City, Poth, Karnes City, Yorktown, and Goliad, Victoria, Edna, Ganado, Louise, El Campo, Wharton, Hungeford and finally East Bernard around 5:15 a.m.
Now I can say that I've been through them and we telling my fellow passengers the mascots of them. Very few persons got much sleep
It was very cold at the game but I was layered clothing and was prepared. Still was frigid. Wish EB could have won but they could only score one TD in the second half. I seriously doubt Refugio will win it all. Their next opponent is Waskom.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Took us over 6 hours to get back home from the East Bernard game with Refugio game.
I 10 road had ice on bridges and several wrecks around Flatonia, Schulenburg and Weimar area
So we came through Floresville, Falls City, Poth, Karnes City, Yorktown, and Goliad, Victoria, Edna, Ganado, Louise, El Campo, Wharton, Hungeford and finally East Bernard around 5:15 a.m.
Now I can say that I've been through them and we telling my fellow passengers the mascots of them. Very few persons got much sleep
It was very cold at the game but I was layered clothing and was prepared. Still was frigid. Wish EB could have won but they could only score one TD in the second half. I seriously doubt Refugio will win it all. Their next opponent is Waskom.glad all made it back safe.

But you been doubting Refugio before EB game so no surprise you still show your non love for south texas teams :)

Crow22
12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
It was very cold at the game but I was layered clothing and was prepared. Still was frigid. Wish EB could have won but they could only score one TD in the second half. I seriously doubt Refugio will win it all. Their next opponent is Waskom.

I bet a 6 hour trip listening to scoop talk about various mascots of all the towns was fun. Listening to him yack on and on would make me consider walking back to EB rather than riding the bus.

speedbump
12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
When I saw the title of this thread,I thought the bus driver gave scoop a haircut on the way home.

Scoop27
12-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Lots of EB fans went back home on I 10 and got stuck in traffic and got home much later

LHPfactory
12-08-2013, 07:36 PM

I think Refugio has a great chance of winning it all. They already beat the 2 best teams in 2A back to back. I think they are on a mission and will get another title.

Despite some of the whining from the haters, I still believe Herring is one of the best coaches in the state. He does what he has to in equipping his kids to win, that's a coaches job and he does it well.

Matthew328
12-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Refugio will be favored going forward...Waskom will be a tough matchup because of their speed and flexbone attack

Old Tiger
12-08-2013, 07:39 PM
They should have tried to get a cheap hotel in SA. That wasn't safe.

LHPfactory
12-08-2013, 07:56 PM
They should have tried to get a cheap hotel in SA. That wasn't safe.

Lol, probably safer than a cheap hotel in SA..... :)

Old Tiger
12-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Lol, probably safer than a cheap hotel in SA..... :)

Maybe on southside, where was game played?

YTBulldogs
12-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Maybe on southside, where was game played?

Farris

Old Tiger
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Farris

That's a good part of town.

eagles_victory
12-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Sounds like a tough night all around for the Fighting Ognoskies of East Bernard.

BearBacker
12-09-2013, 07:29 AM
My friend came back home from Houston saturday night and traveled Hwy 90 through Shiner and on to Seguin. It took him about 4 hours. Not too bad.